Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

BIG LAMA

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 05:31 PM
aircrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

I don`t know why they did not prefered the honey bee V2 instead.
Fixed pitch, the same- a little bigger in size, about the same weight (anyway blade SR is too lightweight for any wind, so it has no practical advantage), and a lot cheaper.

OK, Imay know a reason. They bought it cause it has (it may have) better support to some US LHS.
The other reason is they could have an "easy to fly" CP. To have the feeling they master a CP. But what to get out of a CP that is meant to be flying as a fixed pitch?
You get a fixed pitch.
Anyway its tail motor is a brushed one, and tail motors are said to be worn out very soon. So even it has a brushless main motor that does not make it a "brushless" bird.
The honey bee V2 even if it has a brushed main motor it is light so it can stand it.

I would go for a honey bee V2 and if I wanted to go for CPthen an RTF Belt-CP or HK450.

Then again I have a BOL, so what to do with the honey bee V2? It can`t stand wind anyway. No 3D also. So I would go for a Belt-CP.
But I can`t fly a CP, neither can do 3D, neither can adjust it, neither can afford the repairing cost. So I`m just fine with the cheap and easy to repair, easy to fly and have all the fun BOL.

Never mind, anyone has the right to choose what he likes. I just said my opinion.

What I would like to buy now is a Nine Eagles Free Spirit Micro ,2.4Ghz RTF, it`s in a good price right now.
I have seen it close in action, it flies good and hovers very good.
You get it indoors and if it hits somewhere then it makes no damage to itself or to the house.
So when it is windy I can have some fun indoors. But I won`t buy one eventually.

Spiros

Old 03-22-2010, 05:43 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: barak1001

Buy yourself an RC simulator. Something like Realflight g4.5/g5 or Phoenix RC. Then set the wind on the sim to around 20 mph and then practice until you can stay airborne and get the helicopter to go where you want to go. Make sure if you're using realflight that the simulation conditions are set to ''advanced'' so that it more accurately simulates wind. Although the sim isn't a perfect simulation of real world conditions, once you can fly relatively well in the sim you should be ready to move up to a collective pitch helicopter.

The SR's marketing that it's for a ''beginner'' is just that, marketing. Go over to the Eflite section and start seriously reading threads about the SR. You should notice that there are a large majority of people (including people that have flown larger helicopters) that bought them thinking they'd be easy to fly and then crashed them on their first flight. Due to the transmitter's built in expo settings it may be easier to fly than a 450 with no expo settings, but it's still a single rotor collective pitch helicopter and is by no means ''easy'' to fly. If you insist on buying an SR make sure and order your spare parts at the same time. Spare parts for the SR at most shops currently aren't expected to be in stock until mid April.
With deep abiding respect to Mr. Skinner,

There are thousands of folks that lurk the fourms and those moved to post are really happy, really sad or the minority like those here are moved to post because (Simon excluded) are fairly well adjusted and just like to visit. So I might take exception that there are a "large majority of people" crashing the SR due to folks thinking they are "easy" to fly. To be certain read, in its entirety this [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9398138/anchors_9398138/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9398138]thread[/link] and this [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171003&page=179]thread [/link]to have a balanced view of what's really doin'. The latter thread has 2,600 posts and 115,000 views. So like a lot of things that seem apparent, they simply aren't true.[:'(]

Being a "beginner" I moved to the Blade SR because of its "dumb downed" radio, head and flybar. It worked great and Horizon Hobby support is second to none!

Me on the other hand. Played a little rough. Aside from the warranty issue of which right now it is grounded the billing of it being a beginner collective is just that, a beginner CP heli with excellent support. The staff of 17 phone techs are great and there is generally a 5 day turn around once your package arrives for repair either warranty or not.

As far as spares for the craft. In Orlando I can get any part I want from 5 vendors. I hate to admit what I am going to tell you, the collective, but there are MANY internet vendors that DO have parts in stock but frankly I am not going to give up MY honey pots of parts so as not to run out. Yes, I am small. Besides, if I can find a part on the web, seriously, those yo-yos that are crying that the Blade SR can't fly itself and can't find parts, can't find parts. Darwinism at its best! Dang, I'm being small again. [:@]

I will agree that the marketing is such that it leans on the "I'll just fire that puppy up and doodle it around and let it fly itself!" but seriously caveat emptor.

If suckers fall for what they see is a short cut to developing skills, I have some land in Florida for them, right Buz????

Warmest regards to all!

R/B

PS and get a SIM and do RADDs...........if you don't want to spend 200 bux on one there are free sims and one pay sim called Clearview that is amazing!

Old 03-22-2010, 05:43 PM
HowNot2fly

Hi everyone
I cheated on my BL again and here are the consequence , I think she put a spell on the big bird, [sm=confused_smile.gif][sm=disappointed.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46574.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	365.5 KB
ID:	1402984   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81755.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	1402985   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86135.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	1402986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tm31213.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	1402987   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa35124.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	1402988   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ja42192.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	1402989   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mo16029.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	1402990  
Old 03-22-2010, 05:56 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: HowNot2fly

Hi everyone
I cheated on my BL again and here are the consequence , I think she put a spell on the big bird, [sm=confused_smile.gif][sm=disappointed.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

Yeeeeeouch! I can't guess how much that will cost! I think I just heard Spiros from Greece hollar!

Lemme see, Blade SR crash of similar proportions, 55 bux. Align 600 series????

Oh, well, as my friend Spiros would say, "Never mind, anyone has the right to choose what he likes. I just said my opinion."

Good luck on getting her back in the air!

R/B

ps I LOVE my Lama. I am really interested in that dual swash version. Then maybe I can fly mine in a breeze???
Old 03-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Buz

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Buy yourself an RC simulator. Something like Realflight g4.5/g5 or Phoenix RC. Then set the wind on the sim to around 20 mph and then practice until you can stay airborne and get the helicopter to go where you want to go. Make sure if you're using realflight that the simulation conditions are set to ''advanced'' so that it more accurately simulates wind. Although the sim isn't a perfect simulation of real world conditions, once you can fly relatively well in the sim you should be ready to move up to a collective pitch helicopter.

The SR's marketing that it's for a ''beginner'' is just that, marketing. Go over to the Eflite section and start seriously reading threads about the SR. You should notice that there are a large majority of people (including people that have flown larger helicopters) that bought them thinking they'd be easy to fly and then crashed them on their first flight. Due to the transmitter's built in expo settings it may be easier to fly than a 450 with no expo settings, but it's still a single rotor collective pitch helicopter and is by no means ''easy'' to fly. If you insist on buying an SR make sure and order your spare parts at the same time. Spare parts for the SR at most shops currently aren't expected to be in stock until mid April.
With deep abiding respect to Mr. Skinner,

There are thousands of folks that lurk the fourms and those moved to post are really happy, really sad or the minority like those here are moved to post because (Simon excluded) are fairly well adjusted and just like to visit. So I might take exception that there are a ''large majority of people'' crashing the SR due to folks thinking they are ''easy'' to fly. To be certain read, in its entirety this [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9398138/anchors_9398138/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9398138]thread[/link] and this [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171003&page=179]thread [/link]to have a balanced view of what's really doin'. The latter thread has 2,600 posts and 115,000 views. So like a lot of things that seem apparent, they simply aren't true.[:'(]

Being a ''beginner'' I moved to the Blade SR because of its ''dumb downed'' radio, head and flybar. It worked great and Horizon Hobby support is second to none!

Me on the other hand. Played a little rough. Aside from the warranty issue of which right now it is grounded the billing of it being a beginner collective is just that, a beginner heli with excellent support. The staff of 17 phone techs are great and there is generally a 5 day turn around once your package arrives for repair either warranty or not.

As far as spares for the craft. In Orlando I can get any part I want from 5 vendors. I hate to admit what I am going to tell you, the collective, but there are MANY internet vendors that DO have parts in stock but frankly I am not going to give up MY honey pots of parts so as not to run out. Yes, I am small. Besides, if I can find a part on the web, seriously, those yo-yos that are crying that the Blade SR can't fly itself and can't find parts, can't find parts. Darwinism at its best! Dang, I'm being small again. [:@]

I will agree that the marketing is such that it leans on the ''I'll just fire that puppy up and doodle it around and let it fly itself!'' but seriously caveat emptor.

If suckers fall for what they see is a short cut to developing skills, I have some land in Florida for them, right Buz????

Warmest regards to all!

R/B

PS and get a SIM and do RADDs...........if you don't want to spend 200 bux on one there are free sims and one pay sim called Clearview that is amazing!

Haahaha! Actually, I DO have some high and dry land for sale in FL!

Rickybob.... what should I do? I'm thinking about sending the SR back. Everyone is talking it down. But, then, I have to wonder about people who buy it and expect to just take off and fly around. I know that's impossible, but I think other "newbies" to helicopters are buying them thinking they are going to fly themselves.

What other helicopter besides the Blade SR is going to give you the reported "transition" chopper from dual rotor to single rotor. I have to laugh at the mess of "parts" BOL's I have that I need to sell for...... parts.

But ask yourself this. "Why do we want to go to single rotor helicopters? " I'm not going to fly 3D. But i want to re-gain those skills. If I don't, I'll just keep flying the BOL's and/or others that might come out. I want to advance to my AH-6 giant scale... It will be easier to fly than a single blade helicopter though. With 5 large blade spinning, it should be very stable.

Also, I have a gizmo called the "Co Pilot". If you haven't heard about this thing.... look on ebay or Google for it. It's not real big, but it is a "plug in" that will allow you to gain control of an out of control plane, or in my case, a gyro copter. If you lose your orientation, or lose control .... if you center the sticks, it brings itself back to the correct orientation. I never really thought about putting it in a helicopter... but maybe it will help tame the SR.

Buzz

Old 03-22-2010, 06:19 PM
rikybob

Buz,

Its funny, Spiros cautioned me many, many months ago about going to the dark side, but my personal behavior is that I become bored when I master something and had to reach outside my personal bounds. Not all are wired that way, but I am. I always wanted to do CP but do not have the schedule that will allow me to join a club which is optimal.

Enter the Blade SR. I read the manual well before the bird was available and understand it for what it is.

I am staying with the SR for now and will bring it to its eventual end. Either whip it ( I really think I can ) or it whips me and I sell it.

To do the former it requires a strong stomach (and wallet). I will have hundreds wrapped up in parts alone on the learning curve!

To answer yer question, I can't. It boils down to personal preferences and needs.

I needs to learn a CP (I think)!

I pulled training wheels off in less than an hours time, took it outside a short while later, fly it in rate as a standard and have flown it in "idle up" (I won't do that again")

For now I am willing to stomach it. But when all else fails I have a really cool BOL to fly!

Regards!

R/B

PS Hownottofly taught me all about the Co Pilot. See results above
Old 03-22-2010, 06:25 PM
aircrash

Hi Brunon,

I have to say that these nice birds are wallet hungry.
It seems like a quite big damage. The tail rotor was hit and the belt have got stuck, so its gear may has been damaged also. It could be worse though, if that can make you feel better.
I sympathise you.

I hate to say, but I got too old for this stuff.
That`s why I will not give up the BOL, at least not for a single rotor heli.
I could get a 400D for example, or something bigger (definitely bigger if I was cheating the BOL). But always a coaxial.
With just two shafts, a flybar and cheap blades.

I think I just heard Spiros from Greece hollar!
Hi Rikybob,

Well, I did enjoyed that I`m not the only old one here. Actually there are more older than me.
But I feel Ishould sit in my eggs (Greek expression - do whatever my skills can and no more).

So what I enjoyed most is that some do not feel as old as they are.
-I should check why I`m so chicken-

What I know for sure is that kids can fly better than me, even if they start flying right now. But I can do other things better than them.

Spiros
Old 03-22-2010, 06:31 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: aircrash

Hi Brunon,

I have to say that these nice birds are wallet hungry.
It seems like a quite big damage. The tail rotor was hit and the belt have got stuck, so its gear may has been damaged also. It could be worse though, if that can make you feel better.
I sympathise you.

I hate to say, but I got too old for this stuff. [img][/img]
That`s why I will not give up the BOL, at least not for a single rotor heli.
I could get a 400D for example, or something bigger (definitely bigger if I was cheating the BOL). But always a coaxial.
With just two shafts, a flybar and cheap blades.

I think I just heard Spiros from Greece hollar! [img][/img]
Hi Rikybob,

Well, I did enjoyed that I`m not the only old one here. Actually there are more older than me.
But I feel I should sit in my eggs (Greek expression - do whatever my skills can and no more).

So what I enjoyed most is that some do not feel as old as they are. [img][/img]

What I know for sure is that kids can fly better than me, even if they start flying right now. [img][/img] But I can do other things better than them. [img][/img]
[img][/img]

Spiros
I think, Spiros, that your point above is right on! Sometimes the true measure of a man is understanding his limitations! I am going to see if my wallet, hand/eye will let me get functional at the Blade SR. If not, I sell it and start becoming a BOL farmer!

See ya!

R/B
Old 03-22-2010, 06:55 PM
aircrash

I am going to see if my... hand/eye... will let me get functional at the Blade SR.
Hi again Rikybob,

I have an excuse for us.
It`s the adrenaline and dopamine -among other things- that makes kids better to this, as well as their persistence to something they get excited and they get excited more easy. There is no cure to us.
But you have one good thing. You can have enough flying hours and more enough you have no long term breaks.
So after some practicing you`ll get into it.
I`m confident about you.

Have a good time there.

Spiros
Old 03-22-2010, 07:12 PM
barak1001

Rikybob,

I'm a beginner as well, but was able to hover my 450 with relative ease (after my first initial crash trying to hover it in my garage) and can now do some forward flight as well. Once I moved outside to open air I've had one additional crash due to me trying to fly it after it got a bit too dark and being unable to see which direction the chopper was facing. So now when I fly I only fly outside and make sure that it's daylight out (yeah, should be common sense, but both times I was showing off for someone).

I'm completely enjoying my 450 and glad I never bothered with a "transitional" helicopter. I instead went with lots of simulator (Realflight 4.5) time and quite a bit of reading.

I do think that almost everyone thinks the SR is going to fly like a coaxial because they watched the videos with Eflite's pilot flying the chopper and think they can do the same, but "There's a sucker born every minute" as they say.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:30 PM
rikybob

Rikybob,

I'm a beginner as well, but was able to hover my 450 with relative ease (after my first initial crash trying to hover it in my garage) and can now do some forward flight as well. Once I moved outside to open air I've had one additional crash due to me trying to fly it after it got a bit too dark and being unable to see which direction the chopper was facing. So now when I fly I only fly outside and make sure that it's daylight out (yeah, should be common sense, but both times I was showing off for someone).

I'm completely enjoying my 450 and glad I never bothered with a ''transitional'' helicopter. I instead went with lots of simulator (Realflight 4.5) time and quite a bit of reading.

I do think that almost everyone thinks the SR is going to fly like a coaxial because they watched the videos with Eflite's pilot flying the chopper and think they can do the same, but ''There's a sucker born every minute'' as they say.

Tony,

Glad jumping to the Big Leagues worked for ya! Remind me what Make and Model 450 did you go with??

R/B

PS Showing off/flying in the dark will get ya every time!!![X(]
Old 03-22-2010, 07:34 PM
barak1001

HK450MT though if I had it to do over again I'd have bought an EXI kit.

[link=http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg35/barak1001/HK450/?action=view&current=PICT0171.jpg][/link]
Old 03-22-2010, 07:43 PM
rikybob

HK450MT though if I had it to do over again I'd have bought an EXI kit.

[link=http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg35/barak1001/HK450/?action=view&current=PICT0171.jpg][/link]
Nice bird, can't beat the prices on the clones! If I am a good boy and master (sort of) my lil CP maybe one day I'll move up!

R/B
Old 03-22-2010, 09:17 PM
HowNot2fly

Hi R/B
it is not Align , actually its made by e-sky just like BL , too much damage to fix it ,the drivetrain is destroyed ,I will part it out and sale it , too bad , it was my first big heli[sm=cry_smile.gif] , oh well ,maybe its time to get bigger one[X(] , I am working on the BL with dual swash , right now I`m building the hk450 frame to stick Bl in it ,I will post few pics later
Brunon
Old 03-22-2010, 09:22 PM
HowNot2fly

Hi Spiros
as I was making right turn something broke in the head causing boom strike and crash ,I had about $2000 in it , I just hope to salvage the electronics , here is my crapy video of the crash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3LAuU8pjwg
Brunon
Old 03-23-2010, 12:14 AM
aircrash

Hi Brunon,

You`ll get it fixed sooner or later. It flies good.
It is a rare bird, I hope you get it back.

Even if it did not crash at high altitude to gain speed it is heavy so the damage I suppose.

Spiros
Old 03-23-2010, 01:05 AM
Ddaddy

Hi Everyone,<div></div><div>The SR is a CP and I find that it doesn't fly a whole lotdifferentthan the B400, albeit slower to respond and can't take as much wind. One thing that is good about it is it seems more durable (there's been actual crashes that didn't break anything).</div><div></div><div>Simon, love the Skycharger. Found out something else I didn't even bother to check...you know those 2 eflite batteries I have, well they are both POS. Put 1 on the new charger and noticed the voltage was 12.2 volts....I said that can't be right. So I push a button on the charger and 2 cells show 4.1 volts and 1 cell shows 3.6 volts....1.5 plus 2 equals 4! Grabbed the DMM, sure enough it's right. The charger charged both of them to 12.6 volts but 1 cell when checked on the balance plug shows low (3.6 and 3.8). So I have no idea if they are balanced. My turnigy, Blue and GE power do not do this. So the eflite batteries would never charge through the balance plug right.</div><div></div><div>Eflite has some great stuff but batteries and chargers are not one of them IMO.</div><div></div><div>BTW, my BOL likes sitting with the B400 and SR....this morning I woke up and there was a MCX and MSR with them! Ummm, wonder what they have been doing at night.....</div><div></div><div>Ken</div>
Old 03-23-2010, 06:15 AM
Edmund2

R/B, I was watching another BOL video on youtube when I noticed others indicated on the right of the screen. I scrolled down to see if any familiar names were logged against it until I found that one. Sure as h.ll it was very high and then he landed it on a smallish table after all that stress.

Anyway I did take the BOL up and over the roof(2 storey building) to land in the front garden, just saw pigeons going in all directions. To answer those who wanted to know what BOL I have I had a look on the box which indicated 2,4GHZ and 370 motors, if it is brushless I would not know. What I do know is that I am hooked on this heli and can not wait to get somewhere where I can really fly it without fear of crashing into a wall, chair, table, garage door or whatever.

Edmund2
Old 03-23-2010, 08:03 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: HowNot2fly
Hi Spiros
as I was making right turn something broke in the head causing boom strike and crash ,I had about $2000 in it , I just hope to salvage the electronics , here is my crapy video of the crash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3LAuU8pjwg
Hey again Brunon,

I've just watched the video and I'm also sorry for your loss[sm=what_smile.gif]

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. You showed great self-control to not swear your head off - not even a "bugger"
Old 03-23-2010, 08:30 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Edmund2
... To answer those who wanted to know what BOL I have I had a look on the box which indicated 2,4GHZ and 370 motors, if it is brushless I would not know. What I do know is that I am hooked on this heli and can not wait to get somewhere where I can really fly it without fear of crashing into a wall, chair, table, garage door or whatever.
Hey again Edmind,

You have a [link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_79&produ cts_id=2916]standard 2.4G BOL[/link] my friend - not Brushless - but better IMO for some things. When you do crash you can just buy standard parts and fit them not wondering if they are OK or need modifying. The standard BOL is also lighter in weight (flight time=approx 10 minutes) than a [link=http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=165_121_123&products_id=218 0]BL 2.4G BOL[/link] (flight time=approx 8 minutes using the same lipo....)
One advantage of a brushless (BL) set-up is there is no need to wait for motors to cool between flights - you can just change the lipo and fly away...........[sm=49_49.gif] And is the extra power that you get from BL motors. On a personal note I still have to find a way to transfer ALL of that power into Fast Forward Flight (FFF)
To see what I mean by FFF, [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpNj_dlA6g4&feature=player_embedded]HERE[/link] is a video showing the Lama3 doing what I am trying to achieve from my BOL........

...so you see it's "horses for courses" as my mum used to say[sm=wink_smile.gif] (I can't believe I just quoted my mother![sm=confused_smile.gif])

P.S. Find the largest indoor venue you can, so you are learning to FLY not just avoiding crashing.............
Old 03-23-2010, 08:43 AM
pgroom_68

I even have a vestigial memory from perhaps Peter from 1000 posts ago that a vendor actually sells the blades with the stencil for cutting already penned on?
Hey again rikybob,

I'm glad Simon is helping out with tips so well. You've got a good memory - for an old guy - but some type of ailment is setting in.... could it be [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alzheimer's_disease]Alziemers?[/link][sm=wink_smile.gif]
The blades that I was refering to do have a sort-of score line along the underside and the tips - BUT they are Super-blades EZ designed for the Honeybee FP (and my HBFPv2)...........sorry!
To quote Simon, "close but no cigar!"[sm=49_49.gif]

P.S. I hope this doesn't come across as rude[sm=red_smile.gif]
Old 03-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Edmund2

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Edmund2
... To answer those who wanted to know what BOL I have I had a look on the box which indicated 2,4GHZ and 370 motors, if it is brushless I would not know. What I do know is that I am hooked on this heli and can not wait to get somewhere where I can really fly it without fear of crashing into a wall, chair, table, garage door or whatever.
Hey again Edmind,

You have a [link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&amp;cPath=66_79&a mp;products_id=2916]standard 2.4G BOL[/link] my friend - not Brushless - but better IMO for some things. When you do crash you can just buy standard parts and fit them not wondering if they are OK or need modifying. The standard BOL is also lighter in weight (flight time=approx 10 minutes) than a [link=http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=165_121_123&amp;products_id =2180]BL 2.4G BOL[/link] (flight time=approx 8 minutes using the same lipo....)
One advantage of a brushless (BL) set-up is there is no need to wait for motors to cool between flights - you can just change the lipo and fly away...........[sm=49_49.gif] And is the extra power that you get from BL motors. On a personal note I still have to find a way to transfer ALL of that power into Fast Forward Flight (FFF)
To see what I mean by FFF, [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpNj_dlA6g4&amp;feature=player_embedded]HERE[/link] is a video showing the Lama3 doing what I am trying to achieve from my BOL........

...so you see it's "horses for courses" as my mum used to say[sm=wink_smile.gif] (I can't believe I just quoted my mother![sm=confused_smile.gif])

P.S. Find the largest indoor venue you can, so you are learning to FLY not just avoiding crashing.............
(Almost started typing in Afrikaans -my home language) You are so right, I am so busy avoiding accidents that hovering in one place becomes relaxiing whilst working out where to move it to next. AsI have the BOLmore under controlI could take a few chanches inside which I would not do with the L4in current condition. Just lifted it hgher than anything it could crash into and made a few turns around the lounge before I moved outside. Will be quite a few days before I can fly again but will watch the posts.

Edmund2
Old 03-23-2010, 09:15 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

I even have a vestigial memory from perhaps Peter from 1000 posts ago that a vendor actually sells the blades with the stencil for cutting already penned on?
Hey again rikybob,

I'm glad Simon is helping out with tips so well. You've got a good memory - for an old guy - but some type of ailment is setting in.... could it be [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alzheimer's_disease]Alziemers?[/link][sm=wink_smile.gif]
The blades that I was refering to do have a sort-of score line along the underside and the tips - BUT they are Super-blades EZ designed for the Honeybee FP (and my HBFPv2)...........sorry!
To quote Simon, ''close but no cigar!''[sm=49_49.gif]

P.S. I hope this doesn't come across as rude[sm=red_smile.gif]
Peter,

After many months of corresponding rude is the furthest from my mind! I like the good natured "needling" as you may have noticed my now!

Speaking of "needling"[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFfndbafZG8] here [/link] is some fodder for same!

I was only able to get 2 packs out this morning before the wind came. Man, one thing I notice now as an "old guy" is that my dexterity goes to zero in the frigid cold! I actually have to come in and warm up a minute or two to fly again!

Anyhow! Enjoy the day! We are off to go shopping and canoeing! Thursday the festival begins!

R/B

ps Brunon, I would have been CURSING like a sailor! Good restraint!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:27 AM
aircrash

Hi Rikybob,

I see you have a great time camping.
Is that snow or I misunderstood?

The video is funny, such little things make it better. It`s like you had put ice on the table

PS. I also saw that your blade SR crash has too many views. Wow, I could not imagine that the Blade SR would be so popular this period of time.

Spiros
Old 03-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Buz

Buz,

Its funny, Spiros cautioned me many, many months ago about going to the dark side, but my personal behavior is that I become bored when I master something and had to reach outside my personal bounds. Not all are wired that way, but I am. I always wanted to do CP but do not have the schedule that will allow me to join a club which is optimal.

Enter the Blade SR. I read the manual well before the bird was available and understand it for what it is.

I am staying with the SR for now and will bring it to its eventual end. Either whip it ( I really think I can ) or it whips me and I sell it.

To do the former it requires a strong stomach (and wallet). I will have hundreds wrapped up in parts alone on the learning curve!

To answer yer question, I can't. It boils down to personal preferences and needs.

I needs to learn a CP (I think)!

I pulled training wheels off in less than an hours time, took it outside a short while later, fly it in rate as a standard and have flown it in ''idle up'' (I won't do that again'')

For now I am willing to stomach it. But when all else fails I have a really cool BOL to fly!

Regards!

R/B

PS Hownottofly taught me all about the Co Pilot. See results above

Hey, r/b...

Well, I guess I'll keep it then. These coaxial helicopters have ruined me! lol But, it's been many many years since I have flown single rotor. Heck, I did it before... with no gyros.... I can do it again!
I guess I'm just having way too much fun with the BOL's. Who knows? Maybe I'll fly through the window of another bar and send all the drunks flying out the door again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.