Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 03:35 PM
UltraDrifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Guys today i received my lrp gt3 turbo 10x2 T with Traxxas xl-10 esc.I made a test drive and is slow.Does anyone know why.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:51 PM
TIGER76

Could be that ESC m8 a 12turn would prob work alot better as u should allow a few turns difference,that lrp is a modded motor remember, which plugs are you using?
traxxas or tamiya? if its tams STOP now before they melt away lol and they will do....
Old 01-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Raguvian

ORIGINAL: TIGER76

Could be that ESC m8 a 12turn would prob work alot better as u should allow a few turns difference,that lrp is a modded motor remember, which plugs are you using?
traxxas or tamiya? if its tams STOP now before they melt away lol and they will do....
My ESC is a 12T and it works just fine with the 12T motor.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:26 PM
bronx boy

hey guys i just bought a tamiya porsche carrera gt #58322 from ultimate hobbies for 49.95 is thia a good deal i know this may not be the right thread to talk about this but you guys seem to be tamiya experts
Old 01-31-2008, 11:25 PM
TIGER76

that kit uses the tb-02 chassis m8 still its a tamiya welcome to quality kits in rc
ps the TBs make great drift and rally chassis btw
Old 02-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Raguvian

ORIGINAL: mindwreck

The tt-01 understeers like none other at speeds of +35-40mph. My tt-01 was made to primarily to mess around and powersliding to show off it someones watching.

i have HPI x-pattern tires on my car and they are probably the best for street/parking lot bashing. My car handles fairly well but i have ot use a lot of throttle control to make sure it doesn't oversteer because the mamba brushless will snap the tail with ease. For a normal or beginner driving that has a craving for need for speed yeah.. this chassis is not what you want..
Mine understeers like a plow as well. I find it's easier to just let go of the throttle, turn sharply into the corner and mash the throttle to powerslide my way out.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:36 AM
TIGER76

lol mine doesnt always centre the steering back even when its off the floor lol ive changed servos countless times,steering parts etc
It isnt even catching anything parts on the way back either lol
its the tam magic management steering system i think
Old 02-01-2008, 03:01 AM
mindwreck

RCmart has always had these parts.. they have possibly the widest selection of hop ups for tamiya cars.. and just a huge selection of other parts
These are the shocks i have on my tt-01. http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=20838. with the stiffest spring and 35wt oil

ORIGINAL: chewyjr13

so when will rc mart have these parts? a link to the shocks? also is that a good setup im going to run?
Old 02-01-2008, 03:04 AM
mindwreck

hows your setup.. gearing, battery, etc.

ORIGINAL: UltraDrifter

Guys today i received my lrp gt3 turbo 10x2 T with Traxxas xl-10 esc.I made a test drive and is slow.Does anyone know why.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:55 PM
TIGER76

Got abit of a head scratcher here guys lol
went to the LHS today and bought a no limit ESC and a orion method R 15 turn motor,well just hooked it all up on a half charged battery and when i accel the motor powers but the steering servo kicks straight to one side??? [X(]
aint got a clue why.. only thing i can think of was using a half charged battery and it didnt have alot of juice left..
charging up now to find out what it does on a full battery.I check to make sure the power connectors from the ESC to the motor were correct and they are lol
hmmmmm[sm=confused.gif]
Old 02-01-2008, 02:44 PM
dfiantii

Do you change anything on your transmitter when turned it on. I know for me if I change to reverse mode on my spektrum controller it kicks the steering to one side. Strange that it would do that on a half charge battery if you did not change anything on your controller. I hope you figure it out cause I am scratching my head on that one to.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:49 PM
TIGER76

No m8 im only using a standard 2 channel AM stick radio on the TT []
Gonna refit the leds on and take it out in a bit and see what happens...

..lol dark night...servo problem...its all adding up to an accident waiting to happen lol hope the carparks empty lmao
Old 02-01-2008, 03:14 PM
The Hedgehog

No m8 im only using a standard 2 channel AM stick radio on the TT []
Gonna refit the leds on and take it out in a bit and see what happens...

..lol dark night...servo problem...its all adding up to an accident waiting to happen lol hope the carparks empty lmao
Sounds like glitching. Do you have any capacitors on the motor?
Old 02-01-2008, 04:12 PM
TIGER76

yeah m8 there built on the motor well battery is charged up now so taking it for a lil night cruise lol
Old 02-01-2008, 05:16 PM
TIGER76

Well just got back in (freezing out there tonight [])
Looks like it was that flat battery she flew round the carpark and to be fair those method R motors are the bomb, makes my checkpiont 19 look so slow!!!!
only bad piont hit a raised part and it launched into a barrel roll on top of my cossie shell[X(]
alls good tho a few scratches but well impressed with these method 17 turns
Old 02-01-2008, 05:21 PM
mindwreck

the low battery and your motors causes a high amp draw and this probably weakens your BEC and this causes your reciever to glitch..

Got abit of a head scratcher here guys lol
went to the LHS today and bought a no limit ESC and a orion method R 15 turn motor,well just hooked it all up on a half charged battery and when i accel the motor powers but the steering servo kicks straight to one side??? [X(]
aint got a clue why.. only thing i can think of was using a half charged battery and it didnt have alot of juice left..
charging up now to find out what it does on a full battery.I check to make sure the power connectors from the ESC to the motor were correct and they are lol
hmmmmm[sm=confused.gif]
Old 02-01-2008, 05:26 PM
mindwreck

told you those method motors are good . super cheap.. angled brushes and ball bearings

Well just got back in (freezing out there tonight [])
Looks like it was that flat battery she flew round the carpark and to be fair those method R motors are the bomb, makes my checkpiont 19 look so slow!!!!
only bad piont hit a raised part and it launched into a barrel roll on top of my cossie shell[X(]
alls good tho a few scratches but well impressed with these method 17 turns
Old 02-01-2008, 05:30 PM
mindwreck

should handle a lot better if i actually tuned the suspension.. also needs better torque split.

ORIGINAL: Raguvian

The tt-01 understeers like none other at speeds of +35-40mph. My tt-01 was made to primarily to mess around and powersliding to show off it someones watching.

i have HPI x-pattern tires on my car and they are probably the best for street/parking lot bashing. My car handles fairly well but i have ot use a lot of throttle control to make sure it doesn't oversteer because the mamba brushless will snap the tail with ease. For a normal or beginner driving that has a craving for need for speed yeah.. this chassis is not what you want..
Mine understeers like a plow as well. I find it's easier to just let go of the throttle, turn sharply into the corner and mash the throttle to powerslide my way out.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Raguvian

should handle a lot better if i actually tuned the suspension.. also needs better torque split.

ORIGINAL: Raguvian

Once you get into speeds that range, I don't think a torque split would help. You can make it more rearward biased but then instead of understeer you'll have snap oversteer and spin out. I tried running the 12T in RWD and it wasn't controllable at all...

Hmm, this reminds me, there's a fully charged pack waiting to be used in the TT-01.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:31 PM
mindwreck

rwd and a torque split like 40/60 is totally different.. just having better power distribution between the front and back will greatly change the cars dynamics. however we don't' have that luxury in the tt-01. having both the front and back spinning the same is whats causing the understeer through the corners. theres just not enough grip in teh front to put the power down and turn at the same time. I actually like driving my F103 more than my other cars.. Rwd actually requires skill and reflexes to drive, but damn they are fast and mine handles like a housefly with its massive front/rear spoilers

these cars also need more downforce(hence the use of ridiculous looking wedge bodies which i absolutely hate).

of course only some of these applies to RCs.. but 90% of my driving/tuning dynamics of cars is from 1:1 tuning
Old 02-01-2008, 09:16 PM
The Hedgehog

rwd and a torque split like 40/60 is totally different.. just having better power distribution between the front and back will greatly change the cars dynamics. however we don't' have that luxury in the tt-01. having both the front and back spinning the same is whats causing the understeer through the corners. theres just not enough grip in teh front to put the power down and turn at the same time. I actually like driving my F103 more than my other cars.. Rwd actually requires skill and reflexes to drive, but damn they are fast and mine handles like a housefly with its massive front/rear spoilers

these cars also need more downforce(hence the use of ridiculous looking wedge bodies which i absolutely hate).

of course only some of these applies to RCs.. but 90% of my driving/tuning dynamics of cars is from 1:1 tuning
The F103 is something else isn't it? I have one and I had to go to foams just to be able to control it on the stock silvercan because it is so light.

@Tiger - Glad you didn't have a worse problem!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:24 AM
UltraDrifter

You are talking about the battery plugs?traxxas seem the same as tamiya.Possible i have low mAH BATTERY 1600 LRP AND THE STOCK PINION AND SPUR GEAR
Old 02-02-2008, 10:06 AM
littleleon

Actually I've just found the same thing. I've just finihsed installing a whole bunch of hop-ups and it just doesn't center back... ever.
Could make life a little interesting I guess.

Wonder what the problem could be?

lol mine doesnt always centre the steering back even when its off the floor lol ive changed servos countless times,steering parts etc
It isnt even catching anything parts on the way back either lol
its the tam magic management steering system i think
Old 02-02-2008, 12:34 PM
scandomofo

hmmm i noticed the same prob with my tamiya too. but then i learned to live with it.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:37 PM
FastVee

ummmmmmmm...[X(] -just testdrove my Mustang TT-01 with Mamba maxx 5700 combo, and bad 6 cell batt.

[sm=wink_smile.gif] holy sh**!

it is raining, so drove it in parking carage(small 1) , i was accellerating, and hit small bumb on ground and the mustang jumped over 5 metres,under [X(] -parked van !

i have 1 shi*ty vid going on youtube, was dark, so pic is.. well sh***.
Scary ,but it was fun!

will post a link on vid later on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.