Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 04:45 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

Cool to hear you did a lot of flips with the B400 and that you got a couple of packs in with the T500!!

Yep it is an internal issue with the servo. The motor backs out, so it doesn't come in contact with the gears anymore and the motor keeps spinning because the potentiometer doesn't move anymore.

Now I am having issues with my elevator servo in the 450. It starts way too low and doesn't go up after the receiver fires up. But it moves, so the gears aren't stripped it is more of a centering issue. The weird thing is it worked fine my first flight, but not the second. But the cool thing is the 450 does flip in spot. That was so much fun. I don't think I will need to practice on the Belt CP since the 450 is nice and stable. And the swashmix is also 100%.

Then I stripped the main gear on the Belt CP. I swear I programmed soft start into the ESC. And it took forever to get the blades to track because of the swashplate.

I got my parts today, so I will have a big build marathon. I broke the vertical tail fin in the Gaui crash, so I will have to order one of those then I can get some more crown gears. I would like to get the Gaui V2 just so I can get some reliable servos in there. I was also thinking about the T-Rex 250, but I was reading there are a few tail problems with it.

Well that wraps up my day. LOL

Nick
Old 12-06-2008, 04:55 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry to hear about all the issues, but it sounds like the flipping you did get done with the 450 was worth it, congrats on that, I know you are pleased!

I think I could almost flip the B400 in place, with some more practice. I think my timing is off a bit. It was pretty far off at first, and I did one kinda like Jeffs, looked more like a loop....but I figured out the throttle/collective timing after that.

I definately need to track down the tail wag issue now. It was very bad, and in the video, when you watch it, turn up the volume, and you can clearly hear in the second two flips. [>:]
[>:]
It seems worse in cold weather. The colder it is, the worse it gets...kinda weird.

I dressed well for the event...LOL...thermal underwear, heavy coat, gloves, although I didn't end up using them. I was 33 degees, and snowing lightly.

The vid should be done soon.

Glenn
Old 12-06-2008, 05:00 PM
choppersrule

Hi Fellas,

I’ve been a lurking and watching your every move. I must say that you are all doing excellent.
With all the builds going on and now with the flips. Glenn, Nick, Carl, Jeff-Michael, Helistyle,
Evan and anyone else this old guy forgot, my hats off to all of you. I see a tight relationship also
on the tread, it’s kinda like going to the field and hanging out with your buddies. It’s a great place
to swap stories and tell lies.

Here’s food for thought on those cold days to keep your hands warm. I saw in an earlier post
about surgical gloves. That doesn’t work, it actually seems like your hands get colder wearing
that type of glove. There’s no insulation value what so ever in them.

Check out this site, for electric gloves, uses a D size battery. I have electric socks for work that
us the D size battery and they’ll last a good 8 hours.

http://www.carolwrightgifts.com/Mens-Apparel/Mens-Outerwear/Heated-Gloves-Mens-Gloves/16258.cfm?key=58129100&cm_guid=1-_-100000000000000060842-_-672801726&cm_mmc=Google-_-Heated%20Gloves-_-search-_-electric%20gloves|-|100000000000000060842

Keep up the great work,

Dave
Old 12-06-2008, 05:00 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I was just reading about the tail issues with the Trex 250 last night. Kinda like a car...you don't want to buy the very first ones off the assembly line...LOL![sm=omg_smile.gif]

I also bumped up my elevator swash to about 95% for my flips....but it was already at 85...so it probably didn't make much difference.

Next, I want to try some forward flips...they seem so much scarier, but they should be the same thing, only the opposite direction. [sm=omg_smile.gif]

Time to practice them on the sim.

I must say, the Phoenix sim prepared me very well for what to expect from the B400 flip...and I'm sure G4 did too...

Glenn
Old 12-06-2008, 05:04 PM
rotarydoc

Well guys,

Here it is...

The weather wasn't the greatest, and the wag was kinda scary, but I did it anyways!

Turn up the volume, and enjoy the rotor blade noise....and the wag!![sm=omg_smile.gif]

The temp was about 33....and light snow, the wind wasn't too bad, and it was a headwind, which isn't too bad to deal with...

Glenn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pG-sUSfB8c

Old 12-06-2008, 05:10 PM
J-MICHAEL

Man you guys and yer cold hands.... A bunch of weenies....LMAOOOO... Kidding... This morning it was cold here for me to... I had to put my hands in the pockets for a bit to warm them up... I have a bad left thumb, so when it gets cold, its bad news trying to fly... But I flew anyway !

Glenn ~

Cool you did some backflips ! I can't wait to see the video.... My time is getting shorter until I leave... Monday morning at 4:00 A.M... So I can at least get a few more flights in ! All 5 of my 450 batts are just about charged again, so I'am going back up soon here to see what damage I can do...LOL.. I took off my 325mm CF SAB blades and put on a set of 315mm CF MRC/MAH blades to try out... These were the blades I learned on and had for 7 months before destroying them in the wreck when I hit the outside garage wall in idle 2... So I had to pick up another set, since I'am trying some new moves out... There shorter, so there very responsive... I really need lighter flybar paddles next though... I'am having a heck of a time trying to get the 450 to backflip in its own axis... I have to do some more tweaking on the 450 I can see...

Again congrats...! It seems we are both advancing to the next level, and we didn't even know it ! Things for both of us, are going to really start coming together know for our flying... I can really see it, and I feel it at the sticks as I know you do also...

Old 12-06-2008, 05:13 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Dave,

Thanks for all the kind words!

This is a great bunch of fellas here, and I wouldn't know what to do without everyone here! Glad you are a part of it as well!

Thanks for the tips on the electric gloves, and socks. I managed OK at these temps, but if it was much colder, they might come in handy. Although I worry about losing my "feel" on the sticks...I tried doing some simming last night with them on...and definetely don't have the same level of control as I do bare fingered.

I am so sorry to hear Jeff is going to be leaving us soon....I read about that in the "Weeee CP" thread yesterday. I realized he was going home to Washington, but not aware that he's going to be "absent" from RCU for some time, apparently. I will surely miss him around here!!!

Jeff, I wanna get your email via PM when ya get time there, pal!!

This is one very cool hobby, and it is made so much cooler by all the great people on this and other forums....a truely great bunch of people!

Glenn
Old 12-06-2008, 05:19 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I just watched your video...SO SWEET ! How do you get it to flip in its own axis like that...? I think I may be doing it wrong... I just level the bird, and then pull back on the elevator all the way, and that's it... But it ends up doing a loop back flip thingy...?

If you look when I try mine on the video below, the first one almost came in contact with the ground... I actually snipped a few branches of a bush and watched them go flying, and the second time it did the same thing with the loop thingy going on ? So I said screw it, and just continued on flying and did a few loops as you can see... My first ones... Now here this.......... Try the loops next.... We are the same it seems in our skill level, and I'll tell ya, the loops are a cakewalk... Oh... And very addicting...LMAO... I promise you there very easy, or I wouldn't have tried them... And my REX is a heavy pig at 841 grams compared to your lighter 400...FYI...

Watch in high quality as you know or it will be blurry....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm85NuO5XAs

Old 12-06-2008, 05:20 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks for all the kind words, and congrats!

Yeah, my flips need more work, but at least I got "over the hump" and mustered the guts to just do it. I have alot less at stake than you do...one big plus of the B400...it's cheap and easy to fix. I guess so is the Trex450....but I know you have alot of "bling" on yours...so you don't want to be roughing that stuff up too much...LOL!

I read in the other forum that you will be going offline from RCU for a spell...man, I'm gonna miss ya!!![sm=cry_smile.gif]

Hopefully, we can keep in touch with ya via email from time to time...have to exchange info at some point....

Good luck on your 5 packs, and lets see some more flips!!!

I agree with you totally, I (and you, I would think) feel like this was a HUGE milestone day for my flying....and it feels great!

This hobby can be so rewarding, and yet so cruel at times, like a roller coaster ride!

Glenn
Old 12-06-2008, 05:22 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Ya no biggie... My E-Mail is [email protected]

All lower case... But also if you P.M. me on the board here, it goes straight to my E-Mail address also... Sometimes I've gone about a month of not checking my E-Mail just so that your aware...LOL.. If I'am not on the forums, I'am usually not on the computer at all... Always outside, or in the garage tinkering with something....
Old 12-06-2008, 05:34 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Awesome loops!!!

I would love to try some of those, but I just don't have the room, I don't think....this baseball field is not all that big...you are blessed to have such a great, open place to fly!! I feel like I would run out of room to get enough forward flight speed...

It's so funny...now the B400 seems so small, especially right after flying the T500...I think I owe alot of my recent improvement to just that...I am not nearly as intimidated by it...and not so afraid to crash it...that last crash was about $40...so I can deal with that...plus I have lots of time between flying sessions to rebuild now....since I am so limited on flying time.

The secret to keeping the flips "in axis" or close to it...is you have to use (and time) negative pitch at the top of the flip....in other words, as I see the heli going inverted, I apply negative throttle/collective at the very top..and once it starts to get upright, ya gotta get back on the positive pretty quickly...

I have practiced them for hours on the sim....and it pays off. The timing between the cyclic and throttle/collective is crucial to having it turn out right....[sm=omg_smile.gif]

The sim is the key for me...and lots of it!!

Glenn
Old 12-06-2008, 05:36 PM
RMG2

Jeff..., you did more flip/loops! You holding out on us in the other thread? Good job buddy but it looks like you are still holding positive collective when you pull back on the elevator which is why it's rolling off into a loop!

Make sure you share that vid. with our "Struggling" crew!
Old 12-06-2008, 05:41 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

O.K. that must be it for my backflips... I copied what you just wrote and pasted it in a document... I'll have to try that, or actually try it on G4 for a bit... I've been doing it wrong then... Yeah, I'am thinking you might not need to much room, but then again maybe ? Just judge from my video of the spacing if it helps ya any... And remember, my heli is about 250 grams heaiver than yours, so yours should be very swift and quick with the loops...

Randy ~

LOL.... Yeah thanks... I'll have to work on those backflips... But I'am loving the loops right now...So fun... I already beat ya to the punch and posted already over on the Struggling Thread...

Gotta go.... Talk with ya guys later though...

~ Jeff
Old 12-06-2008, 06:06 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just redid the head on the 450 and now everything is fine. The settings for the elevator are way different than what it used to be, but it works so I won't complain. I also fixed the Belt CP so I want to get some flights in with it before it gets dark, so I will watch your video and Jeff's after that.

The titanium boom is pretty cool on the CPP. I put it in backwards, so the lettering is upside down, but I really don't want to try and take it out now. I put a lot of CA on it. Now two more helis to fix.

Nick
Old 12-06-2008, 06:17 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like you are quite busy!

Go have some fun flying now!

I think I am going out to check out a new store...but I'll be online late tonight, so maybe we can do some G4 later or whatever...

Have fun flying, and I'll see ya later on...

I'd like to see a pic or two of the titanium tailboom..

Glenn
Old 12-06-2008, 06:45 PM
evdreamer

Glenn and Jeff,

Nice vids. Glenn on your video it looked like you were flying on G4.

Jeff when I do flips I go to full positive pitch then as fast as I can I go to center stick, then to negative pitch. I hold the cyclic at the full pitch it can go while doing what I said for the collective.

Here is a pic of the Belt CP. I put the battery where the receiver normally goes and I can use my big 450 batteries that way and can't where the battery is supposed to go. The Belt CP is a lot faster on the cyclic than the 450. It could be because of the lighter weight and higher headspeed.

I will take a pic of my boom and edit this post and put it next to the Belt CP pic.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78679.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1085044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56727.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1085045   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89009.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1085046  
Old 12-06-2008, 07:07 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear you did a lot of flips with the B400 and that you got a couple of packs in with the T500!!

Yep it is an internal issue with the servo. The motor backs out, so it doesn't come in contact with the gears anymore and the motor keeps spinning because the potentiometer doesn't move anymore.

Now I am having issues with my elevator servo in the 450. It starts way too low and doesn't go up after the receiver fires up. But it moves, so the gears aren't stripped it is more of a centering issue. The weird thing is it worked fine my first flight, but not the second. But the cool thing is the 450 does flip in spot. That was so much fun. I don't think I will need to practice on the Belt CP since the 450 is nice and stable. And the swashmix is also 100%.

Then I stripped the main gear on the Belt CP. I swear I programmed soft start into the ESC. And it took forever to get the blades to track because of the swashplate.

I got my parts today, so I will have a big build marathon. I broke the vertical tail fin in the Gaui crash, so I will have to order one of those then I can get some more crown gears. I would like to get the Gaui V2 just so I can get some reliable servos in there. I was also thinking about the T-Rex 250, but I was reading there are a few tail problems with it.

Well that wraps up my day. LOL

Nick

Nick ~

That's cool your dusting off the 450. That is weird with your Elevator servo....[&:] Oh.... Thank-you for the tips on the flips... Kinda confusing maybe, but I guess it will come together when I try what you and Glenn said later on G4... Maybe I'll be on tonight for a bit... If ya see me come and go, its because I'am getting booted...LOL.. I'am not even running a firewall program at all either. I'am wondering if the more people, the more likely you get booted... Not sure though. It just seems I'll be on Glenn's or others sessions and there will be anywhere from 5-7 fliers, and I'll get booted... Then when I go to a session with only 2 or 3 fliers I can fly forevor with out getting booted off... Weird..

Glenn ~

Ya want to hear something funny...? During those flights I had a wag also... But not very severe. I never had any wag at all before. The only thing I did different last night on installing new stuff that gave me a severe wag was shorter newer CF blades, and putting on a new polished aluminum boom in replace of my CF boom, and a new tail belt... In normal mode its fine.. When I go into idle 1 with a 100 % curve all the way through it wags like a beast ! And I tried all my different batts, which is the Thunder-Power's, Air-Thunder's, the new Common-Sense one, and even a Parkzone one... I even reduced my gyro sensitivity from 80% down to 74% and it didn't do a thing. I did go into my idle one throttle curve and instead of having 100% all the way across, I put it at 100 95 90 95 100.... And it helped a lot for some reason.. Its trippin' me out cause I want my higher head speed back like I had before I replaced the belt, and the blades... Very weird to say the least... It was pretty cold this morning. But all my lipo's were still warm as I keep them in my pockets until I'am ready to fly... There's nothing different than what it was before I put on a few different components... I wasted 3 batts this morning on trying to figure it out...LOL.. But when I reduced my headspeed it went away... Still weird to me... But I thought I would tell you in case it may help you figure out yours... I'll figure mine out in time, its just gonna take a lot of troubleshooting, and I'am short on time to tinker with it right now however....

Its to windy for my skill level to fly right now again. But at least my batts are charged for maybe tomorrow morning... My next thing is to start to get used to flying when its a little windier out... I'am a pansy in any wind to want to fly...LMAO... I look at the tree-tops, and if I see anything about 5 mph's or more I won't fly...LOL.. I gotta break that habit, as I should be able to at least fly in winds up to 13 mph at least...

Talk with ya guys later... That's cool Nick your getting your other heli's all fixed. I always make sure all mine are ready for flight even if I don't fly them anymore like the CPP's, as it just makes ya feel good knowing there in good running order... I miss my CPP's actually a little... I was thinking when I get back home I may want to take one out for a bit, and see if maybe I can fly it a little since I'am a better at flying now... I have noticed I can fly the AXE CP better on G4 when I tried the other day, and before I used to be all over the place with that heli on G4...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 12-06-2008, 07:27 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I kind of have been bored not working on a heli, so this is fun for me. I am going to be using the stock transmitter on the CPP since I don't want to spend $50 to get another AR6100. So I will see how hard it is to fly.

Nick
Old 12-06-2008, 07:49 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

What a day for this thread. First, we had a nice guest, Mr. Dave the aka Choppersrule. Some kind words there ya fellow old fart! I am glad you came over to say hi Dave. A road

trip like that will do you good once in a while! LOL

Nick: You have been real busy. If you are not doing acrobatics your doing small rebuilds shall we say from …………"Some Flight Anomaliesâ€!

What a red letter day for Glenn. He must be cracking the ice from under his frozen nose with the smile he is carrying around! As he should be….we are all pleased at his

accomplishments I am sure.

Jeffery my boy. What can I say? Keep the rubber side down on the drive home. Thanks for posting your email address, I have already loaded it into my address book. Life is full of

change and that’s where you are now…….sit back and enjoy it. I don’t know who will take up your slack slamming the old guys here on the thread. But if someone tries it will take

two of them to fill your shoes by-golly!

Smiles around the house tonight and perhaps well get some flying in tonight when Glenn gets in from his midnight shopping spree.

JPee

timeout 4:48 pm PST

Old 12-06-2008, 09:32 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Thanks for the kind words! Today was without a doubt my best heli flyin' day ever! NOW, I HAVE to address the tail wag...it was too severe to overlook on that flight...you can actually hear it on the video!

Jeff,

That is so strange that you now have a wag issue as well...I'm going to swap out my ESC tomorrow, but I probably won't know the results until next weekend, if then...no testing tomorrow, at least according to the weather man...30's with wind in the 25-30 MPH range, wind chills in the single digits...I'll pass on that weather...LOL!!

Nick,

That tailboom looks pretty cool...I like it. How well did it fit in the frame? You mentioned alot of CA?

Thanks for the compliments on my flips. It actaully felt just about like G4 or Phoenix....alot more so than I was imagining! I can't wait to try some again! I think I will work on forward flips tonight on G4.

Guys,

Speaking of which...I have to agree with Jeff...last night when JPEE and Nick joined my session, there were very few, if any issues. But when we've got 6-7 people, that's when it seems to be problematic. Not only do people get booted, but there are alot of "lockups" that happen usually when someone joins.

I think later tonight, when I start up a session, I'm going to take all the precautions, like firewall down, plugging straight into the cable modem, etc. And, I'll try to limit it to about 4 fliers....and we'll have to see how it does then. Then if someone can't get on because it's full, I'll just have to boot them, and tell them nicely. I wish there was a way to limit the players to specific people (us...LOL)....

So, we'll see later on...keep in touch....

Glenn
Old 12-06-2008, 09:45 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

For most of the day since I read the thread about flying last night I have been testing the G4 for tonight. I CANNOT log on today to any of the open public fly sessions. I keep getting the red letters, packets cannot be delivered, so I am off and out of business. This is the first time the big computer has done this to me. And it has a different Firewall that my laptop.

JPee out

UPDATE I JUST HOSTED A SESSION WITH 4 FLIERS WITH NO PROBLEM, BUT I CANNOT JOIN A SEESION OF ANOYONE ELSES. I KEEP GETTING THAT NOTICE OF MY "PACKS ARE NOT SENDING"

TIME 7:17 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:02 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The boom fits perfectly into the frame. I just didn't want it rotating or coming out in mid flight. I am almost done with the CPP build. I went to a movie, so that slowed my progress done a little.

Nick
Old 12-06-2008, 11:39 PM
evdreamer

I just got done charging the battery I used on the Belt CP and it only used half of the capacity for the same amount of time on the 450. Not having a power hungry motor and being light sure helped.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:00 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, since you are having such good luck with hosting G4 JPEE, maybe you can play host tonight. I just wanted to see if I could make it more stable for when you didn't or couldn't host....

I'm gonna do a few things here, and then prepare as planned, and open a session, and we'll see how it goes...

Nick, that is good news on the tail boom and the flight times on the Belt CP too...are you going to be able to fly tomorrow?

I have yet to charge the T500 packs, but I flew them 6 1/2 minutes...the longest I have so far...but it was super easy flying, just hovering, and doing some slow figure 8's.

So, I'll be back in a few....

Glenn
Old 12-07-2008, 12:08 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I kind of like the Belt CP now. If I can keep the flight times up I might fly it more than the T-Rex. Before I had no way to secure big batteries down in the normal spot. But now with it in the same spot as the 450 I can use a bigger and better battery and securely fasten it.

I haven't checked the weather for tomorrow yet, but it will probably be windy again.

I am going to start on the Gaui now, so let me know when you guys start a session.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.