Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 12:15 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey Guys as requested by Glenn I opened a site on the G4. Itis 9:15 pm. here

JPee
Old 12-07-2008, 12:20 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, that's kinda like me, but for a different reason...I really am loving the B400 more than ever, because I can fly it pretty much care-free. My baby is now the 500...and I don't take any chances with it...plus it seems big and heavy to me right now, I am sure I will adjust, just as the B400 once seemed big and heavy...LOL

I still am impressed by the great stability of the 500 though, that thing hovers like a dream! It's just going to take some getting used to.

When the HS-45's fail like that, what are you doing to fix them? I havn't had any issues yet, but would like to know for future reference.

The Trex 250 looks promising, but I think I would wait until they get the improved version out, kinda like the V2 of the Gaui.

I remember hearing that Jason krause was not completely happy with the way it flew....but I don't know if any last minute changes were made or not....it will be interesting to see Finless's videos on the 250...

I'll start working on the connection for G4...I'll let ya know when I'm up and ready to give it a try...

Glenn
Old 12-07-2008, 12:22 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Thanks, let's see how your hosting goes for a little bit...but first I am going to setup my end with no firewall, and a straight shot to the internet, no router/access point...

See ya in a bit...

Glenn
Old 12-07-2008, 12:28 AM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Well I tried on your sessions, but got booted 6 times... They wouldn't even last a minute...LOL... Maybe next time...

~ Jeff
Old 12-07-2008, 12:34 AM
J-MICHAEL

I'am not running any antivirus software or a firewall, but I forgot that I had my windows firewall on... So I turned it off, and will see if it does anygood or not... I tried the other session that a guy was running called helicopters only, but it says failed to send information packet...

I'll try later on one of your guys sessions...
Old 12-07-2008, 12:52 AM
JPEE

nick we are on 9:52 pm.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:09 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I keep getting booted, so I am going to keep working on the Gaui.

Glenn,

I open up the servo and move the motor around and it usually fixes the problem. I do remember one motor died in one of the HS-45's. It can spin on its own, but once I align it with the gears it doesn' do anything.

Nick
Old 12-07-2008, 01:17 AM
JPEE

Sorry Nick your getting booted! So was Jeff. Then I re-botted my session and when it reopened he now can stay on it. someday we will get this down I guess. Keep working the Gaui, that probably better spent time anyway.

JPee
10:17 pm. I am going to bed soon but I'll leave the computer on so they can fly all night if they want
Old 12-07-2008, 01:27 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I started a new session on G4 if you aren't too busy with the Gaui...but if you are, it's all good...

Glenn
Old 12-07-2008, 01:32 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah I kept getting booted earlier also... When JPEE rebooted I didn't get booted once, and flew for ever... I could see once in awhile it wanted to try, as it would glitch for half a second, but it held on, and I didn't get booted... That was fun flying guys... I understand now how to do the flips by your guys's tips... I just need to perfect it better on G4 then I'll try it in real life... I gotta make sure I'am good at it though on G4, otherwise it could get nasty very quick in RL... But at least I can do loops... That is so fun... The backflips we'll have to get in time, but it shouldn't take to long to be able to do them... Glenn's flips in his video were awesome ! I wanna be able to do that... So cool... I'll keep practicing on G4...

Gotta do some more packing type stuff, and burn some music onto Cd's etc. etc... Charge up the GPS, and so forth... Batteries in the police scanner...LOL... I better get with it, I still have stuff to do ! This hobby is distracting... I was suppose to leave Sunday morning, but got suddenly involved with the 450, and trying those flips, and then the loops came out of nowhere, and so everything in the world came to a halt all of a sudden... Which is why, when I get back home I'll most likely not be taking to much time off from the hobby or RCU... I've waited way to long to get where I'am at today, and I don't want to lose it now...

Talk with ya later,

~ Jeff
Old 12-07-2008, 01:55 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Glad to hear that you had a good solid connection on G4....that seems to be a rare event these days!

Sorry to hear that you are running late on your trip back home...but I am sure glad to hear that you may be spending more time on RCU and the hobby...but I understand that you have other obligations as well...

Thanks again for the compliments and kind words on my flipping today...I'll tell you, I owe it mostly if not completly to lots of time on G4 and Phoenix...it really does pay off!

I can't imagaine what it was like back in the old days...when I had that GMP Cobra...I cannot imagine trying to learn all of the moves by trial and error with REAL RC AIRCRAFT...instead of having the sim at our disposal..LOL!![sm=what_smile.gif]

Just keep up the practice on G4...and you'll get there with the flips..it pretty much came naturally for me...having done it soooo many times on the sim...

Talk to ya soon...

Glenn
Old 12-07-2008, 01:56 AM
evdreamer

Sorry I wasn't able to fly with you guys. It sounded like you had a fun time. All my helicopters are put back together as much as possible. I just need to order some parts for the Gaui and CPP. I got the motor to align again on the HS-45 and all is good.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:59 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I tried getting onto your session, but I am getting failed to send info packet. I will try again some other day. I am going to order my parts in the mean time.

Nick
Old 12-07-2008, 02:04 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Yeah I saw ya snoopin' over at the Wheeee thread, and you saw who Barrick was (Rick / 70 years old) and he also had a GMP Cobra, which I guess is hanging up now at his LHS, but yeah he was saying there was no gyro's back then for it...YIKES... I bet its a whole new world for the heli's than what it used to be... Its good ya gave it another round with them, with todays technology...

Nick ~

That's cool your making progress on the heli's though... That Gaui needs to be in the air...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 12-07-2008, 02:05 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds cool.

G4 is sure frustrating at times...I would think they could get that worked out by now...there are tons of PC games online, and people don't get booted from them all the time like this..

Hope your weather is better than mine tomorrow...and you get to fly some.

I'm going to work on the B400 and see if I can find anything else on the wagging issue..

Have fun ordering parts...I always get carried away...and order more stuff than I need...LOL

Glenn
Old 12-07-2008, 02:21 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I just got done ordering the parts for the Gaui. Yeah I also want to get it in the air as soon as possible.

Glenn,

Good luck with the B400.

Yeah if I don't make a list of what I need I also end up getting more stuff than I need.

Nick
Old 12-07-2008, 02:55 AM
evdreamer

I am going to call it a night. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

Nick
Old 12-07-2008, 03:34 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, me too...

Talk to you all tomorrow. Have fun if you guys fly at all tomorrow.

Glenn
Old 12-07-2008, 04:35 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well the weather is even worse than forecast...there was no flying today! An R/C pilot's nightmare, it never did go over freezing, and the wind was/is blowing at 16-18 MPH, with 38 MPH gusts...so I've been grounded![>:]

I did transfer the new ESC to the B400 today, it's a brand new stock 25 amp Eflite ESC that was replaced under warranty. I won't get to test it until next week, to see if it has any effect on the tail wagging issue.[]

Other than that, just a normal Sunday here, just doing chores and what not...

I sure am glad I got my flying in yesterday!

How's everyone doing?

Glenn
Old 12-07-2008, 04:46 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear you can't fly today. It was a little windy earlier, so I got the 600 out and flew it around. Then it calmed down, so I decided to go inverted with the Belt CP in the back yard. It was pretty stable and seemed to have some power. I have a blade tracking issue in idle up 2, but I think it is because of the swashplate and not the linkages. Other than that it is great that I can now practice inverted flight with the Gaui and Belt CP in the backyard. Off to get some more flights with the Belt CP.

Nick
Old 12-07-2008, 05:22 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick, Glenn,

Well Nick, sounds like your doing well with the old Belt and going inverted. Sorry you kept getting kicked last night but you did have some real work to do on Gaui anyway.

Glenn, looks like you really made out yesterday in getting in your flips in! and some flying too. Now with the bad weather there it is time to try the Quark, XRB and most of all your MCX and do a little inside stick time.

Me...........I am making room to add another temporary table in my hobby room to lay out the 500 parts and get started. I still need to get my Loc-tites before any assembly can get started. I also need to watch Finless's 500 build videos too.

JPee

2:22 pm.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:37 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I just inverted the 450 in the backyard after the Belt and now I am not scared to do that either. It is also less intimidating to have wooden blades instead of carbons on. The Belt CP tail is a little slow compared to the 450. I think it is because of the 9650 and the 450 has a 9257 on it.

Nick
Old 12-07-2008, 05:46 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick, thats GREAT!
You can't compare a Belt to a 450. You have to figure if they put the 9257 on 500 is has to have the torq and response time to deal with that load. So on the lighter 450 it should be like lightening! I know you are good but don't get over confident and bung-up the 450. Do the dangerous stuff with the belt first.

Smiles JPee

2:36 pm.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:53 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

The 450 is pretty tough in a crash. The last time I crashed it I only needed a flybar, canopy, servo gears, and blades. And I have plenty of those for the 450 and don't have any spare parts for the Belt CP. Usually the only reason I crash the Gaui is because I don't have enough power, but the 450 and Belt CP have plenty to spare in hairy situations.

Nick
Old 12-07-2008, 07:26 PM
JPEE

Nick,

I get it, go with what you have parts for. But I thought the little Gaui was perportional...meaning that its motor for a little 3D Heli was adiquate?

NIKE AND GLENN

I just watched the first 4 Finless 500 head assy videos. Wheeeeeeeeeew my eyes are bugged out. Are there any corrections/mods I need to know to his video instructions? I seem to remember you guys talking about the "A"s on the linkage and which way they faced. also the mm length of the linkage? As far as loctite the LHS was out so I'll need to pick that up or................... I have Loctite Blue in paste form, have you guys ever used it? It comes in a lipstick form http://www.amazon.com/LOCTITE-Medium.../dp/B000132VH6 let me know your thoughts. The reason I have used on my helis over this past year is that it WONT run. Your thoughts are welcome.

JPee

timeout 4:26

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.