Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 07:38 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE,

The Gaui motor is pretty easy to bog with poor collective management skills. But it is harder with the 450 and Belt CP. I am working on my collective management skills and I have adjusted a few things and it helps, but sometimes I just need a little more "pop" to get away from the ground. And it is also hard to do a fast tic toc with the motor. I am ordereing some spare parts for the Belt right now. I calculated I can fly 8 min. of my normal mild 3D moves with the Belt and I can only get 5.5 min. out of the 450 and Gaui. So I will want to practice more on the Belt since I can fly longer.

As far as the 500 I probably won't be too much help except for generic stuff that applies to every heli, so Glenn and Jeff will be your best bet for info. Doesn't your 500 come with green and blue loctite? Because my 450 and 600 did. I have been using the green loctite on my Gaui and 450 for awhile and it works great, but I haven't used the blue one yet since I have two bottles of it from the LHS.

Nick
Old 12-07-2008, 07:53 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

The Gaui motor is pretty easy to bog with poor collective management skills. But it is harder with the 450 and Belt CP. I am working on my collective management skills and I have adjusted a few things and it helps, but sometimes I just need a little more "pop" to get away from the ground. And it is also hard to do a fast tic toc with the motor. I am ordereing some spare parts for the Belt right now. I calculated I can fly 8 min. of my normal mild 3D moves with the Belt and I can only get 5.5 min. out of the 450 and Gaui. So I will want to practice more on the Belt since I can fly longer.

As far as the 500 I probably won't be too much help except for generic stuff that applies to every heli, so Gleen and Jeff will be your best bet for info. Doesn't your 500 come with green and blue loctite? Because my 450 and 600 did. I have been using the green loctite on my Gaui and 450 for awhile and it works great, but I haven't used the blue one yet since I have two bottles of it from the LHS.

Nick
Nick, I have found that when the blade pitch is OFF it just eats up motor power A LOT! I understand pon the POP factor as well. So again with battery time it appears the Belt has some real advantages but then again the Gaui and 450 DO have that POP factor.

Yes the 500 came with green and blue loctite. But I recall the other guys saying what comes in the kit is very poor to no-good and that I should I buy some fresh. "I think" they said the green is ok but the red was NG.

JPee
4:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

Are there any corrections/mods I need to know to his video instructions?

Yeah.... Make sure ya polish every part before ya install em'.....

I seem to remember you guys talking about the "A"s on the linkage and which way they faced. also the mm length of the linkage?

The "A" faces outwards away from the ball... The linkages I can't remember, and my stuff is packed, but Carl and Glenn remember. 17mm or 22mm comes to mind, but I'am no help as I can't remember which links that applies to and even if that's correct...

As far as loctite the LHS was out so I'll need to pick that up or................... I have Loctite Blue in paste form, have you guys ever used it? It comes in a lipstick form http://www.amazon.com/LOCTITE-Medium.../dp/B000132VH6 let me know your thoughts. The reason I have used on my helis over this past year is that it WONT run. Your thoughts are welcome.

I've never used the stuff that comes in the kits. I feel as if it is just old, crusty, dry, and probably low quality so I've just used stuff that I've picked up at the LHS or the local auto parts store... The blue stuff is easy to get at any store like Wal-Mart, Napa, or any auto department... I've never used the paste form, as I like the 'run' factor of the liquid stuff as it seems it likes to seep inbetween the threads nicer, and also if the need comes to drop some in a hole and then thread a fastener, instead of applying it to just the fastener and screwing it into a hole... There will be times that as Finless will state, that you will want to apply the threadlock into the hole first, and then put your screw in which the screw won't have any, so it will minimize chances of the screw that had threadlock on it getting onto the bearing which that particular screw would be going through, if that makes sense.... The paste threadlock might make it challenging to 'drop' some into a hole for the fastener... Just a thought... Not sure, as I never used it before...

4 vids so far eh ? Not to bad.... So what... About 20 or so more to go eh ?!... I feel your pain, what a chore to watch them all...LOL.. It took forevor to download all those suckers ! I had downloaded 25 pertaining to the 500 build... 1 GB worth...[8D]

Well.... I leave in 8 hours ! yeeehaw....[8D] 2:00 A.M.... My car is so packed, I couldn't even cram another sock in a little cranny anywhere ! LMAO... The only thing left is the laptop, and kind of wondering where it will fit...Engine bay ?! Hmmmm.... It might have to rest on my lap... After all it is a LAPtop right ?!...

Alright, talk with ya later....Make sure your flybar is true and round on a glass table ! Mine that came in the kit was bent slightly... I bought another pack of two at the LHS and they were slightly out of round also... Bought another pack of two, and they were straight and true... It will save ya the pain of a wobbling head or vibrations later... Don't take anything for granted and just check stuff and all the components carefully... Enjoy the stock fasteners also ! If ya have the Align tools, it should be no problem, but I still would be careful torqueing them down, as there a very soft metal compared to Stainless Steel. I had to just replace every single darn fastener including all the little grub screws with the Stainless fasteners, as I adore the strength they offer, and the life they'll give me..... RC-SCREWZ also has a Stainless kit for the 500 if you did want to go that route, or just piece it seperately like I did...

Have fun with the build JPEE ! Don't hurt yourself with that big ol' 500 when ya get it in the air.... Go out and cut some grass with her when ya take it out......

~ Jeff

Old 12-07-2008, 08:53 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Are you going to do that with your 500 when you get home? LOL

Have a safe trip back home.

Nick
Old 12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
JPEE

THANKS JEFF FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPSOND TO MY QUESTONS.

I AM NOT GOING TO DRAG THIS ON, BUT FRIENDS NEVER SAY GOODBYE, THEY SAY "TILL THE NEXT TIME" I AM GETTING KINDA OF WEEPY NOW SO ILL JUST SAY..... YOU DRIVE CAREFUL, YA HEAR. MY BEST YOU AND YOURS...................JPEE...........YOUR LOYAL CYBER FRIEND!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:10 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah I wish I could do that ! Hek... I can't even flip the darn things over to get to that position.... But I'll bet your not far from doing that in time.... Your skills are amazing period... I'll be back on here, I'll just be taking a short break so no worries... Just keep the thread alive alright ? Hek.... This thread is almost ready to pass up the Struggling thread with the replies... They used to be a couple thousand ahead, and now this thread will be the second biggest on the E-Flite forum... Remarkable, and a very good thread with outstanding members also. It is one of my favorites, and always will be... The Wheeee thread is also my other favorite, but it sometimes can be slow... But these are the two that I keep priority on.....

JPEE ~

Thanks for the kind words.... I hold a VERY HIGH respect for ya, and I think you know this.... Its why I tease ya and flip ya crap all the time.... Your a very nice respectable high class member in my book and always will be.... I'll see ya soon on here alright ? [8D]

Til next time,

~ Jeff
Old 12-07-2008, 09:24 PM
choppersrule

JPEE,

Jeff has requested me to watch over you during your build and that you don't hurt yourself. So with that in mind, you may want to get a First-Aid kit, just in case.

Jeff,

You take care, ya hear.. JPEE, is a nut case, we all know that.

Catch ya on the flip side,

Dave
Old 12-07-2008, 09:49 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Just wanted to catch ya before you cram yourself into the car for that long journey!!

I am so glad to hear that your absence from RCU will be a short one!!

Somebody's gotta keep JPEE in line...LMAO!!

Be real careful on that long ride home, I hope the weather is on your side...[X(]

Keep up the practice on G4 as much as you have time for, and you'll have those backflips down pat...

I'll keep an eye on JPEE for ya! [:-]

BE SURE AND KEEP IN TOUCH WHEN YA CAN!!!

We're gonna miss ya around here for a bit...[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Hope your long ride home is as pleasant as possible, and the weather treats you well...nothing worse than having to drive at night, in the rain or snow...

GOOD LUCK, AND LET US KNOW YOU MADE IT OK WHEN YOU GET THERE!![sm=wink_smile.gif]

Glenn
Old 12-07-2008, 09:53 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

It sounds like you made a really good choice bringing the Belt CP back....congrats on your inverted with the 450 in the backyard and your less intimidating wooden blades too...

What's the status of the CPP?

JPEE,

Get all those parts laid out there pal...and we'll get it all figured out for ya...I know which links you are referring to...and I have the specs...and Finless actually has it right...we'll get to that when you get there..

I can tell you this...you have to take some things in the manual with a grain of salt...there are a couple of completely inaccurate things in there...I'm sure I'll remember to tell ya what they were/are.

I just watched Finless's vids one at at time....just start with the first step, and watch his first vid...don't try to get too far ahead...

BRB...gotta call dad...

Glenn
Old 12-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Evan T.

hey guys still no motor so idk when itll be here.

by jeff till next time
Old 12-07-2008, 10:08 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just ordered an aluminum B400 swashplate for the Belt CP and some spare parts. I hear it is a drop in fit. And my aluminum for the CPP has been working great so far. And that should fix my problem with the stock one on the Belt.

I still haven't ordered my tail blades yet for the CPP. I don't want to buy a couple dollars worth of blades and pay for shipping. I have looked on Eboyztoyz for something else that would offset the shipping cost, but I haven't found anything I like.

Evan,

Sorry to hear you haven't received your motor yet.

Nick
Old 12-07-2008, 10:33 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Sorry to hear that your motor didn't make it yet...but it should be soon...Horizon is usually pretty quick when they have the stuff on hand.

My DX6i hasn't come back yet...I sent it at the same time...I have a feeling that they are fixing it, rather than giving me a brand new one...I think they will just replace the PC board with the roller assembly on it..we'll see when it comes back.

Some stuff I have sent takes like 2 weeks, that is why I was so surprised that my motor came back so fast.

Your motor should definately be here by the end of this week, for sure.

Nick,

That is interesting that the B400 swash fits the Belt CP...

I like the tail boom, it looks nice.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the small parts orders. I want to get some Microheli see saw mixer arms for the Gaui, but I'll wait. I think I still have about 3 of the stock ones left. Those things bend like they are made of butter...LOL!

I have a whole bag of the GWS tail blades here...but mine are the black ones...

Glenn
Old 12-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Evan T.

Yeah the usps confirmation and tracking is like way off I think it's only updated once and that was the day after I sent it
Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Carljw

Jpee
On page 6 in the manual bottom of page Rod C Finnless used 21MM instead off
the 24MM witch gives you a 50MM hole to hole. Jeff and Glenn set theres to 21
and said it was good. Thats about all I can give you for now since I am on hold
till I get the other 3 servos and a gyro and a battery. I am going to read up on
setting up the ESC with all the different beeps for programing. That just might
keep me busy till Santa comes LOL
Old 12-08-2008, 10:41 AM
JPEE

Carl,

Thanks for the information. I welcome every bit that comes my way. Gonna jump out today and and pick up my loctite (fresh) as I am have been told by the guys her that the stuff that comes with the kit is not the best. Hells Bells, if your goann throught a grand up the air whats a fresh $5.00 bottle of loctite gonna do...put me in the poor house? LOL

Thanks again Carl.................................I do have a questions for you however? How come your waiting until Christmas to try and put small pieces of coal where the servos go to try and fly the 500. You know thats what Santa is leaving in your stocking right? COAL...................LMAO 2 times

JPee

timeout 7:41 am.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Carljw

Yor probley right on the coal I am always in the dog house if its not the Harley its
the helis. The harley is done no more bling I swear I keep telling her but she wont
buy that.
The blue locktight that came with my kit wouldent even come out of the little bottle
I always have some in the tool box.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:29 PM
evdreamer

Well my 450 elevator servo isn't working correctly again. It wants to stay lower than I set it up, so the swash is always tilting back. So I am going to try the HS-5065's out. So hopefully Eboyztoyz has them or advantagehobby, so I can pick up the CPP tail blades at the same time.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:51 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

Sounds like your going through kinda what I did with my wag and failing servo.......................don't-cha hate that, so many lost hours?

JPee

time out 2:52 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:09 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I think I may have worn out the electronics in the servo since I have quite a few flights on them. I just ordered the HS-5065's along with the tail blades for the CPP. On paper the HS-5065 is better than my DS285's. And the Hitecs have metal gears, so I won't need to replace them after a crash. Least my Belt CP is working reliable so far with the same JR servos.

Glenn,

When I was on Hitec's website I saw they are coming out with a digital version of the HS-45 for our Gaui's. There are too many temptations for upgrades on my helis.

Nick
Old 12-08-2008, 08:41 PM
JPEE

Yea Nick, I have Hitec 65MGs on both my 400's. I did lose one in a crash some month a ago so I bought a new one to get back in the air. I then sent it in and they replaced it just like Horizon does. Thats why I had one to drop into my 400 tail to stop the WAG.
I have nothing to loose and their expressed warranty is good so I 'll send this one it too and see what happens.

JPee

7:23 pm.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:23 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry to hear about your servo issues....sounds like the new ones should be really cool replacements though...

That sounds cool too on the digital HS-45's...hopefully they don't have the same issues as your HS-45's are having now.

JPEE,

Got your email, sounds like you have your week pretty well planned out!

Just let me know when you are going to start the build. The nice thing is, you can just do one step, stop, and put it aside for awhile, until you are ready for the next one..no rush, nice and relaxed build.

Hopefully Jeff made it back Ok to home.

Evan,

Yeah, USPS tracking is a joke. Usually for me, it only shows up as delivered AFTER it has already arrived!

Hope your motor makes it soon.

Heli,

How's the new laptop doing?

Carl,

17 days till Chrismas...LOL!

Glenn
Old 12-08-2008, 10:26 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

Dang nabit, I was in OSH today getting some parts and was so wrapped up in the job I forgot to get the loctite while I was there. I
could-ah started tonight! Oh well, I guess I am getting forgetful hey?

JPee
7:26 pm.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Rob at my club writes a little section in the newsletter...and he got a Trex 250.

He said he was amazed by the machine work for how small it is. He also is experiencing some tail issues, he didn't go into details...

He crashed his Trex 600 Nitro hard. broke a ton of stuff, even the engine crankcase....said it was 100% pilot error...so even the really experienced guys crash sometimes too...he said that he was flying in low light conditions, and just lost it doing hard inverted rolls and loops.

They are having a New Year's fly day....so I might have to go up and check it out...and find more out about joining and what not...

Glenn
Old 12-08-2008, 10:31 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

LOL, must be gettin' old...

LMAO...somebody's gotta take Jeff's place ribbin' ya!!

It's all good, I'm in no hurry, so take your time!

It'll get built when it gets built!

I really enjoyed building mine. I would love to build another heli before long.

Glenn
Old 12-08-2008, 11:11 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I have close to 200 flights on those servos and I was thinking Curtis Youngblood said either the cyclic or tail servo usually lasts up to 300 flights and needs to be replaced after that. I don't think the 5065's will have the same problem as the HS-45's since they are bigger and it can probably support the motor better.

Cool to hear Rob got a 250. I have heard that Align has updated the tail and that is supposed to fix the tail problem. I think if he had the original tail he can get the new parts for free.

Wow that must have been some crash if he broke the crankcase. I wonder if it is more expensive to fix the electric or Nitro version of the 600. All I know is I don't want to find that answer out anytime soon.

That New Year's fly day sounds like fun. The people that I met at the indoor Fun Flies are excited than I am joining my club next year since there aren't that many heli pilots.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.