Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:44 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Evan,

My motor came in a box that was a little too big to fit in the mailbox...so they left it on my front deck.

Yours will probably come in a similar box, I don't think they'll use an envelope or anything like that.

They had alot of packing material in the box, they do a pretty good job of packing stuff so it arrives in one piece.

Hope you get the motor soon...

What did you break on the CX2?

Glenn
Old 12-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Evan T.

Okay cool
Old 12-09-2008, 11:37 PM
rotarydoc

Nick, Evan,

Come to think of it, I don't think Horizon ships stuff USPS...I do believe it was Fed Ex that delivered my motor on that Saturday. It came way to early for the postman.

Nick, that is interesting...my postman always leaves packages on my doorstep/deck...all the time.

I guess they have different policies in different areas. I don't have much if any theft problem here, never had a package go missing.

Some places they won't leave packages period. I have heard that in New York city, people (theives) follow postal and UPS trucks and steal the stuff they drop off...that is terrible!

I'm gonna call it a night.

Hope you guys have a nice day tomorrow.

Glenn

Old 12-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Evan T.

I broke the landing gear battery tray upper and lower blades canopy canopy mounting rods and I need a new outer shaft lol idk when I'm gonna fix it I'm broke right now ugh
Old 12-09-2008, 11:47 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I don't have a theft problem here either, but from all the packages I got from USPS they have never left it on the door step. But UPS will always leave packages on the door step.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Nick
Old 12-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Evan T.

Ups and fed ex leave stuff on the porch hear and I don't know about usps I guess we'll just see I hope I don't have to be home when it comes because I want to be able to come home from school and have it waiting for me or come after I get there well I guess I'll just find out duece
Old 12-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Carljw

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Here you go Carl

http://www.hitecrcd.com/
Thank you JPEE
Old 12-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Carljw

Glenn
I am getting bored and decided I want to set up my ESC. Is this a bad idea with out the servos instaled? I been reading the book and am about ready to poke my eyes out LOL
Page 26 bottom it says to connect the ESC to thro channel then plug in the 3 motor wires.
Will the motor spin, should I take the head off to do this? Then on page 27 for instance
in the chart ( Brake Disabled (1-1) and timeing (2-2) Helacopter (4-2) what do those numbers
mean. I am thinking it refers to the chart below for instance where it says (Setup Instructions)
would the (2-2) mean 2nd block over 2 beeps. and for thro response the last block over Fifth mode 3 beeps.
Also should I bind the reciver AR6200 before I do this.

JPEE
Are you done yet. Read above.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Carljw

Evan
Get your moms car and put a red flashing light on the roof and pull over the
first FedEx truck you see. LOL
Old 12-10-2008, 10:26 AM
evdreamer

Carl,

You can set up the ESC without the servos installed, but I would recommend not to connect the motor wires to the motor just for safety reasons.

I usually bind the receiver once I got the basic settings in the transmitter. Then after I get all the servos setup I bind it again.

Nick
Old 12-10-2008, 11:17 AM
JPEE

Hello Carl,

Last night I had some time so I got started. I got the upper head done. The flaybar and cage are mounted. I took apart the washout arms and loctited them per the book. Made up my links and got them measured. Loctited my balls on the swashplate. My next step will be as you know to mount the washout arms and linkage and mate them to the swashplate.

Got a side job this morning so I am off to make Heli $$$$!

JPee out 8:17 am.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Carljw

I think I got the ESC programed Glenn.
When I plug in the battery here are the beeps i get
1 beep no brake
2 beep mid timeing
2 beep not sure on this do I want middle cutoff ? If not how do I change it to 1 beep?
2 beep heli soft start
3 beep quick speed
Then at the end of the programing I let it beep 6 times for 6volt.
I did the binding before I started and got a soled orange light.
Next time I pluged in the battery it was blinking I guess I lost the bind not sure why.
I used two E-Flite batterys connected with a Y cable and they were not fulley charged
I am going to charge them up and try to bind again and see if it works.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:33 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

When you plugged the battery back in I am assuming you didn't turn the transmitter off as well? If so, the receiver will always blink because that shows the receiver went into a brown out. And when you plugged it back in the receiver will blink to show you a brown out occured. You don't loose the bind when the receiver blinks.

JPEE,

Cool to hear you made some progress on the 500.

Nick
Old 12-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Carljw

evdremer
Thanks for the tip,thats what must have happened. I did a rebind and its ok now.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Evan T.

Carl LOL that's funny

Hey guys it's snowing here and that's like a really big deal down here lol but when it lands it melts right away so it's kinda dumb and I'm used to snow because I go skiing twice a year and still see it in the summer when I go hiking in Colorado so I wasn't that excited lol but it's still really cool and I'm not trying to sound like a little brat saying it's no biggie but it really isnt
Old 12-10-2008, 06:03 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys, checking back in, how is everyone and what is new in the heli world? New laptop is treating me good, haven't really used it to much only because Im trying to save it for school use only. I feel like I haven't been in this thread for awhile, I have been flying the small helicopter alot get as much practice as I can, haven't really looked at any new heli's although I have been eying a t-rex 250 on ebay for a bit. Thats not going to happen though untill spring. Enrolling in school in about 3 weeks and can't wait for it.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Evan T.

I'm good.

If I were you I would try to see how many virus's you can get on the new lap top lol just kidding
Old 12-10-2008, 06:15 PM
HeliStyle

after all the software I put on it, it was around $750, so I hope I get no viruses lol that could have been two b400's
Old 12-10-2008, 10:45 PM
rotarydoc

Carl,

Sounds like you have the ESC very close...I chose the High battery protection level, gives you a little more safety against over discharging the battery (cutoff begins cutting power at 9.6 volts).

So my ESC goes like this; One beep, two beeps, One beep, two beeps, and then three beeps.

The only thing I would recommend you change is the battery setting so it's one beep.

The way to do that is to turn on you radio, put the thottle at full (the highest position), and this will put the ESC in program mode...then it will make some musical sounds, and start the programming cycle. It may take you a couple of times before you get the hang of it, but that's OK, you can just unplug the battery and start over as many times as you need to.

The motor won't take off on you, I know it's completely against common sense to plug the battery in with the throttle set at full...LOL!

I am not sure about the Align ESC, but my Eflite 40 amp won't program unless the motor is plugged in...you could try it...I just set mine with the motor plugged in.

Anyways, when you look at the chart on page 26, at the top, you'll see the battery protection setting on the third line. that is the one you want to change. When the setting cycle reaches that setting, you will want to place the throttle stick at low, to set it at the high battery protection level.

Then, you can recheck it afterwards, to see if you have the beeps correct....one, then two, one, then two, and then three.....and you should be set.

It may take ya a couple of attempts, as it's kinda weird how you do it, but you'll get it figured out before Christmas...LMAO!!

Hope this helps,

Let me know how it turns out...[X(]

Glenn
Old 12-10-2008, 10:52 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

How have you been? Sounds like things are going well, with school starting in a few weeks and and a new laptop too!

You'll have to keep in touch, and let me know how school is going....you are still going to auto mechanics, right?

That would be ideal to get a new heli in the spring, alot better weather then!

Hope the new PC does good for ya!

Evan,

Wow, snow in TX?? That must be pretty rare indeed!

Any sign of the motor yet?

I got my DX6i back today. I was pretty excited at first, they sent it in a factory box....but it was my same TX that I sent them. But the roller is totally cool now, no more jumping around like it was doing. I am pretty sure that they just replaced the PC board and roller assembly.

In a way, it was cooler to get my radio back, the models and settings are all still in it...

Nick,

I didn't get a chance to fly today after all...it was raining all day, so I'm gonna have to wait to test the tail on the B400 until this weekend, but the good news is that it's looking fairly decent, in the 40's with no rain...

Did you get to fly today?

JPEE,

Have any time for the build today/night?

Glenn
Old 12-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Evan T.

yeah i hope its here by tomorrow because its supposed to be clear and sunny so that would be nice flying i just hope i dont do bad after 3 weeks not flying. i mean think about how good i would be right now if that wouldnt of happened ugh
Old 12-11-2008, 01:45 AM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Cool to hear you are enrolling soon. I have to pay for tuition soon and that is going to be a big blow to my heli money. After next week I get two weeks off, so I will be able to relax some.

Glenn,

Cool to hear you got your transmitter back and it is working good. Good to hear you are going to have nice weather for the weekend.

I got a couple flights in today with the Belt CP, but it is extremely sensitive with 70% on the swashmix. I got the parts for the Gaui today, so that is all put back together. But it was too windy to fly it today. I bent one of the screws that goes through the vertical tail fin, so I was hoping I would get a replacement with the fin. But the screws were too short that came with the fin and that screw doesn't come in the hardware set. My parts for the Belt CP are here also, but at the post office. So I will pick those up tomorrow.

Nick
Old 12-11-2008, 08:36 AM
HeliStyle

everything is good over here, actually got the civic up and running again, replaced the head gasket and everything, seems to be fine now, running like a champ lol

Yup still going to school for auto mechanic, getting very excited about it. Learning new knowledge is always fun, but its going to put a bent in the funds for rc's I know that, I actually put in one more rc order before I got back to school, it was for a bunch of extra batteries for my small heli, so I have 6 batteries now and a bunch of crash parts.

spring I think will be my next heli purchase, this time I am in really no rush, I have the dx6i and ar6100 so all I have to do is decide what heli I want but thats not for another 6 months or so

hows the t-rex 500s and 600s treating you guys?
Old 12-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Carljw

Glenn
Do I set it for 6 volts I am going to use HS 5245 MG S 9257 on the tail and I have the step down regulator
Old 12-11-2008, 11:19 AM
rotarydoc

Carl,

Yeah, that's what I did, go 6 volts on the cyclics, and then the step down to the tail servo.

Should give you the best servo response on the cyclics, and maybe a tiny bit more drain on the battery, but not enough to even notice, at least in my case. I'm getting 6 1/2 minute flights taking it easy with 2100 3S packs.

Good luck with it.

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.