Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Carljw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: Carljw

Glenn
Do I set it for 6 volts I am going to use HS 5245 MG S 9257 on the tail and I have the step down regulator
Thanks Glenn I got it changed to high cut off and made sure it was set to 6 volts
Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 AM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Cool to hear you got some more batteries for your Walkera.

My 600 is treating me good. It has been very reliable. But I haven't flown it that much since I have been flying the Gaui and 450's more.

Nick
Old 12-11-2008, 03:12 PM
rotarydoc

Carl,

You are welcome. Glad you got it setup correctly.

14 days and counting...LOL!

Glenn
Old 12-11-2008, 03:18 PM
JPEE

Hi Guys,

HELISTYLE: I am right now running a search for a bug in my laptop YIKES! It ran fine until two nights ago and is now slower than snot on a cold rock. Take care of that new laptop and don't spare the bucks for the very best firewall and virus scanners. As a 35 year retire-E of a California State Univ. I congradulate you and Nick both for getting your educations. Take it from someone older, and of course I did not say this but..........Knowledge is Power and no one can take it from you! As far as Helis go..stick with your Walkera and enjoy it.

NICK: Sounds like another trip to the old PO is in order in your quest for more parts. Stay sharp.. Glenn wants to close in on you. I think Glenn is far better than he even knows. You have seen his G4 flying and he's GOOD. Look over your shoulder.....he is a coming.

CARL: Sounds like you've got the TX pretty well dialed in now. Glenn is our go-to guys on these 500 builds forsure!

GLENN: As I said above I am sitting here scanning the laptop after that problem we had the other night. I thought it was a software issue but even after re-loaded that today she is still in the bucket. I'll see what this scan pulls. My desktop is ruuning my cam and all is well so like you having more than one computer is a blessing. Just did 1 pack in the little MCX while sitting here. What a piece of work that sucker is. Once I get the laptop done today whether I fix my problem or not I hope to compete the blade grips and finish the head "complete" as it still works good enough so I can watch Finless do his majic. Taking my time step by step. I have a lot of stuff gogin on now and my time "to build" is tight. RAIN RAIN RAIN is ah coming. We are expected to have rain starting Sat through next Wed. So there will be nothing to do.................. but build hoorah!

JPee
12:18 pm.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:05 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yeah I just got back from picking up my parts for the Belt CP and I will need to pick up my 5065's tomorrow, but probably won't be able to install them until the weekend. The B400 aluminum swashplate looks great and no slop at all unlike my stock plastic swash for the Belt CP.

Yeah I have seen Glenn fly on the sim and he is getting close. Once he gets more confidence to do it in real life he will be right up with me.

Sorry to hear about your laptop.

Nick
Old 12-11-2008, 04:14 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

thank jpee I appreciate it
Old 12-11-2008, 04:26 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Thanks for all the kind words, and compliments, I am very flattered!

But, Nick is the master pilot here in our little group, and by a longshot!

If he were to never spool up another heli, it would still take me at least 6 months more to be at his level!

If I remember correctly, Nick started about 6 months before me, and he's logged alot more flights too...

So it would make sense that he's a good bit ahead...and well deserved too...

I have been working hard at the sim...and last weekend gave me a big boost...but I got along ways to go before I'm doing inverted circuits with the Gaui!!

But, it's all good, because it keeps me going, and sets a goal...whatever Nick can do now, I hope to do in about 6 months...

JPee, thanks for the encouragement, and enthusiastic comments, I do appreciate them!

Keep us posted on the Trex 500 build...

Glenn
Old 12-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Carljw

Glenn
I was just setting my moter back up since I backed it off the pinion to do the programing
on the ESC. I put my canopy back on and noticed both sides were rubbing the main gear.
I had to move my batterys around foward a bit to correct this. I have two E-Flite with a Y harness till I get a few 6 cells. I think I saw you run 2 3 cells . Did you stack them or side
by side. Another ? on the pinion I put the 12 tooth pinion in, do you think that will be ok
or should I have used to 13.
Wish I had a sim to play with but my old Windows ME system wont even handle FMS.
I tried it and had a USB cable from GWS but never could get all the controls to work on
my DX6i.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:56 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The B400 swash makes it so much easier to set the pitch, but I still have a little slop in the bell cranks which makes for a little challenge setting up the flybar paddles, but I think I got it now. I am going to test it soon if the wind isn't too bad.

Nick
Old 12-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Evan T.

Man nick you've gotten enough parts to build a couple helis in the time that is been taking the motor to get to me

I wonder if it will ever show up
Old 12-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Evan T.

It's been 10 days and I had priority mail geez this sucks
Old 12-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Evan T.

It's been 19 or more days since my last flight I've been dusting off the 400 lol
Old 12-11-2008, 05:52 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Yeah I have quite a few spare parts for all of my helis except the 600. Sorry to hear you still haven't received your motor.

I really wanted to test the Belt CP out, but once I finished it started to rain. And besides that, it is a perfect day for flying. I did get the Gaui out in the garage and it is working great with the new pulley.

Nick
Old 12-11-2008, 05:58 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Carl,

Yeah, I found that the batteries for me at least, work much better side by side. I also have mine pretty far forward to get the correct CG for the 500. They are vulnerable sticking out there, so I just hope that I don't crash nose first!

Yup, I am using the 12 tooth. The heli has tremendous amounts of power with the 2 3S packs, and a 12 tooth...you will not be looking for any more power than that any time soon...LOL!

Sorry to hear that your PC is too outdated for a decent sim....the sims I have are by far the best money I have spent in the hobby...hands down!

Nick,

That is cool that you are having such good luck with the B400 swash...I never would have thought that they were that close. Good luck on your windy test...LOL

I hope to get some testing with the B400 wag this weekend, as well as some other flying in too.

Thanks for the compliments on the G4 flying.

Evan,

Sorry to hear that your motor is taking so long. I must have sent mine in at a really good/slow time or something...but my radio did take a little over 2 weeks...

Keep the B400 well dusted in the meantime...LOL[X(]

Glenn
Old 12-11-2008, 06:18 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

I didn't know you were replacing the head gasket on the Civic, glad to hear that it went well...last time we talked, it was overheating, but I thought it was the thermostat...alot of times, a head gasket can be tricky to diagnose.

Glad to hear that you are starting classes soon, and that your laptop is doing well. Feel free to ask any questions when you start class about auto stuff... I'll do my best to help ya out...

That is cool that you got batteries and spare parts for the Walkera....just keep practicing with it, and don't get rusty!

The 500 is treating me great, just wish I had more opportunities to fly it...but I love it to death...the heli is almost as cool to look at sitting there as it is to fly...LOL!

You still working at the LHS?

Take care,

Glenn
Old 12-11-2008, 07:49 PM
HeliStyle

O I'm sure ill be pming you with many questions once I start school. Yeah I replaced the thermostat seemed to work fine, then out of nowhere it started loosing tons of antifreeze and I have my uncle look at it and he has been working on cars for years, so he replaced it for me for 130 bucks thats with parts and everything, I have been driving it for the last week and it seems to be fine, no overheating or any issues but I don't want to speak to soon.

I can pretty much hover nose in now, with my eyes closed, I still have trouble going into right backed turns looking from the tail for some reason lol not sure if thats normal.

and I am still working at the hobby store its boring lol never thought I would say that
Old 12-11-2008, 07:56 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I never did get a chance to fly the Belt because I couldn't find a break with no rain and it was 47 degrees out with no wind, so that would have been a perfect day to fly.

Good luck with the B400 tail and hope you have a chance to fly the 500 some more.

Here is a pic of the swash in the Belt CP.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70608.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1087843  
Old 12-11-2008, 09:37 PM
HeliStyle

hey guys I have 3 stock 1 cell 3.7v 400mah batteries for the walkera 4#3b, I have about 200 flights on all each pack, I pretty much charge them and get only 2 minutes of flight time out of them, I checked the volts on each battery all read about 3 volts after 2 minutes of flying. Am I looking at batteries that have pretty much seen there day Or should they be reading that on a volt meter?

im sure you guys will know this
Old 12-11-2008, 10:47 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry you didn't get to fly today....it's raining constantly here also...no chance of flying until the weekend.

Thanks for the well wishes on the B400 and T500....hope you can get some flying in soon.

Nice pic of the swash on the Belt....looks good...

Glenn
Old 12-12-2008, 10:12 AM
HeliStyle

hey guys do any of you need a extra ar6100e reciever? I think im going to sell mine, since I'm not going to be using it untill spring, I'm trying to fund my brushless stampede project and I only need 45 more bucks lol Ill sell it new inbox never opened for $45 shipped if anyone is interested, help me out guys lol
Old 12-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Evan T.

hey heli wat are you gonna use for the brushless the vxl or a mamba max. well whenever yu do it lets talk about it in here that will be fun

hey guys heres a pic of what i want my b400 to look like
Old 12-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Evan T.

here it is lol
Old 12-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Evan T.

i guess it didnt work
Old 12-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Evan T.

do yall have a problem with aluminum bending when you crash
Old 12-12-2008, 03:58 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

It depends on what kind of aluminum it is. The head parts on my T-Rex and Belt CP are strong aluminum and haven't bent in a crash, but the ball joints on the Belt CP aluminum parts are very soft and I snapped a few off in a crash.

I picked up my 5065's today along with the new tail blades for the CPP. I will probably work on it late tonight or tomorrow.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.