Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick that's cool

This motor crap is really starting to piss me off. Horizon needs to figure it out, because I thought they were gonna have really good service but so far it's been gay unless it's the postal service they have only updated the tracking twice after 11 days
Old 12-12-2008, 07:07 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

usps has the worst tracking system they only update 2 or 3 times before getting to your location, I ordered parts from ca and all I got for a tracking was it left cali. Also priority shipping is no faster then ground, I talked to the guy at usps.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Evan T.

they said it gets there within 2-3 days
Old 12-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Evan T.

Geez I'm so bored there's nothing to do at all I already got in trouble for blowing stuff up with m1000's lol and I've takin everything thing apart and put it back together already looked through all my year books checked my email a milion times ugh
Old 12-13-2008, 01:15 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

I don't even bother to check the tracking on USPS anymore. The two main companies I shop at always get my stuff here in 2 days, so I know when they will get here. Horizon was pretty fast getting my warranty part to me, but I didn't have to ship it to them and they just sent it right too me. But it was like a $5 part and it was just a matter of two holes not aligning.

Nick
Old 12-13-2008, 03:14 AM
evdreamer

I got my servos installed and I noticed my BEC was running very hot, so I took my temp gauge to it and it got up to 180 degrees and was still rising. I think it was a thermal runaway, so I unplugged the battery. I can still set it up with another ESC, but I won't be able to fly it.

I still have a tracking problem with the Belt CP. With the pitch gauge they track fine and on the ground they track fine up to half throttle and then they don't track anymore. I wonder if I have warped blades.

Later today I will try and finish up the CPP and I will keep working on the Belt CP. The only helicopters I have that are reliable is the Gaui and the 600.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:10 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick, I ran into a situation like your at now and it wound up being the head o rings. Perfect at set up, runner up to mid stick then the blade tracking separated. I found it to be the o rings that left to much slop in the head leaving the f-shaft to float. When the blades were static they hung a bit. Once spooled up then they rose upward and were kinda free floating thus the tracking was off.

It is just a place to start looking.

JPee
Old 12-13-2008, 02:07 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry to hear about all the issues...hope you can get them ironed out so you can fly again soon. I would suggest something, but I don't really have any ideas myself on either one...maybe like JPEE was saying on the Belt, possibly the dampeners?

I have not taken the B400 out for a test fly yet, hoping it will warm up a bit...it's now 34....from a low of 32 this morning...so maybe in a couple of hours it'll get to today's predicted high of 39 or so..

Hope you can get the heli issues ironed out soon...

Glenn
Old 12-13-2008, 04:06 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

You could be right. I just checked and the blades can move a lot when I flex the grips. But I think when I got new dampners before they were really soft, so I don't know how much they would help out. I keep trying to make the Belt into a T-Rex, but it will never happen.

Glenn,

Hope the weather warms up for you.

Nick
Old 12-13-2008, 05:12 PM
evdreamer

I just finished setting up the T-Rex with a CPP ESC. I am a little nervous about one of the servos because when I was setting it up it froze and the other two kept moving. That happened a couple of times, but I have been trying to reproduce that and it hasn't happened since. I think JR's servos are a little better about the movement, because when I was leveling the swash the 5065 wouldn't align up with the leveling tool 100% every time but was very close. But the difference should show itself in the air were the 5065 should be the best. Now two more helis to fix.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:16 PM
HeliStyle

just ordered my brushless setup for my stampede, its going to be sweet. I sold some more of my old guitar stuff and bought it, Yes I still luv helicopters more, just for the winter months I can't see flying outside. I was trying to fly my brother inlaws axe cp today and it was way to cold to even bear it. Was like 15 degrees out
Old 12-13-2008, 09:39 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Have fun with the new brushless setup. Yeah winter kind of ruins the fun of flying.

Nick
Old 12-13-2008, 10:21 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Hope you can get the servo setup and fixing the other two helis...I guess you didn't get a chance to fly today?

Heli,

The Stampede sounds like good winter time fun. I know what you mean about the weather, it didn't go above 35 here today. Did you get hit by the ice storm and all the power outages up there?

I got to fly today, at least enough to figure out that my tail wag problem with the B400 is fixed...the stock ESC fixed it. The only time the tail wagged was near the very end of the pack, and I was running idle up the whole flight, so I am almost certain that it was the low voltage cutoff in that case, it started at about 5:30 on the timer. I'll know more when I charge the battery tonight or tomorrow.

Supposed to be warmer here tomorrow, so I'm hoping for some temps near 40 or so....that would be nice for a change. It's supposed to be like 55 here on Monday, but I have to work, of course...[>:]

Heli,

Did you find a buyer for the AR6100?

Glenn
Old 12-13-2008, 10:45 PM
JPEE

Nick:
I see you took a look at the blade grips and washers, perhpas that will it. KINDA scary on the servo business. I wouls hate to have the one servo acting up while in the air forsure. Take your time and you will get it.

Helistyle:
CRAP thats COLD and a half man! I hope you will get the ar6100e sold for some extra cash but thats gonna be a tough one. I know people here on California in my area sell them used for $40.00 and as they cost $50.00 new. For your asking price you need to find someone local that wants to get a $5.00 savings plus a saving on the sales tax too. If you think you might have a use for it later you may want to re-consider tossing it to the back of the drawer so it will be there when you need it rather than take a beating on a sale now.

Glenn:
You are right on the low battery wag...............400's do that. Its like the battery gets low the gyro just wont hold tail down anymore. Hope you get to fly tomorrow. Our rain came in as heavy sprinkles and nothing more. This big RAIN WATCH they put us on here is a joke. In California it rains so little that when we do get rain the TV goes into "Storm Watch Los Angeles" I am telling you it is a laugh compared to what you guys deal with back there. We get a wet spritz and it NEWS!

Carl:
Where in the heck are you???????????

JPee
Old 12-13-2008, 10:51 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear you got to fly and fixed your tail problem.

I flew the 600 once today and that was it. I almost flew the CPP, but my CA job on the tail fin from the DD kit didn't hold up. So I need to put the stock one back on. All my helis are fixed except the CPP tail. I think the cause of my tracking problem on the Belt was from the spindle not being tight enough. Since it uses to ny-lock nuts to secure the spindle I didn't know how tight it was supposed to be since it can be tightened up until the grips won't rotate anymore. But now they rotate pretty good and there is hardly any slop, but I won't know until I test fly it again.

Nick
Old 12-14-2008, 12:04 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear that you have almost all of your helis fixed now.

The tail wag is gone in the B400, so I have to think that there is something wrong with that 40 amp Eflite ESC....looks like another return to Horizon...LOL!

I think they will blacklist me before long, lol, I have sent so much stuff back to them...but all if it is legitimate defective stuff...I guess they figure they should back their stuff if they want to maintain a good reputation, which so far, by me, they have.

I am NOT going to return it until after Christmas....the post office will be a madhouse the next couple of weeks...

Hope you can get some flying in tomorrow.

Good luck on all the repaired helis when you go to fly them all.

Glenn
Old 12-14-2008, 12:09 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Yeah, your rain event is like a snow event here...LOL

If it snows an INCH, all the schools close or kids go home early, people crash everywhere because they don't know how to drive in the snow...ESPECIALLY the people with big SUV's....they end up upside down in the medians all the time....[sm=omg_smile.gif]

It's ridiculous. When I was up in New Jersey for training for work one time, it snowed 4 inches....and that was a non-event, the schools were on time, no cancellations, etc.

This area has some of the worst drivers anywhere, and if it snows, it makes it 10 times worse!

Hope you don't get as much rain as they forcast for ya....wonder how Jeff is doing lately?

Glenn
Old 12-14-2008, 12:31 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Because of Horizon's good customer service you probably have saved a lot of money by not having to replace it all yourself.

If I can't fly any of my big helis at least I can fly the Gaui at the Fun Fly tomorrow. I just got done charging all of my batteries.

I really want to test out my 450, but I am a little nervous about the BEC. I might just hover it a few inches of the ground and see how it goes and to see how the new servos hold up.

Nick
Old 12-14-2008, 02:41 AM
evdreamer

Knife Edge now has the B400 to download. If the real thing flies anything like the simulated one I really like it.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:24 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Hope you have fun tomorrow at the fun fly again.

Hope the 450 goes OK if you test it out tomorrow too.

That sounds cool that Knife edge has a B400....is it made by them, or did someone create it?

Do you have a link to it?

I'll have to download it tomorrow, I'm pretty beat tonight...

Hopefully, I'll talk to ya tomorrow before your fun fly.

Glenn
Old 12-14-2008, 03:41 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Someone created it other than Knife Edge. Here is the link. http://knifeedge.com/forums/download...o=file&id=8243

I am going to call it a night. Talk to you tomorrow.

Nick
Old 12-14-2008, 09:57 AM
HeliStyle

yeah glenn, we go a really bad storm here, it was tons of ice and such, and alot of power outages all over. I did sell the ar6100e for $43.00 shipped the other day, and my brushless setup is on its way. With temperatures not going over 20 degrees right now I could not picture flying a heli and having fun lol
Old 12-14-2008, 11:03 AM
JPEE

Heli, glad you got it sold

Nick, I just downloaded and flew the 400 and it ipretty damn accurate, I LOVE IT. Godda run and I am gogint osee if the park is not full yet.......later

JP
Old 12-14-2008, 12:10 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

You are lucky you can fly in the warmth. It is around 0 degrees right now. By your comment on how the B400 flies on the sim I should have waited until the PNP model came out and got that instead of the belt. The B400 is now my favorite heli to fly on G4.

Nick
Old 12-14-2008, 12:48 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

Just got back from the Park and flew three packs in 401 double YIKES what fun!!!

RAIN sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit they never hit it right. This morning is clear and blue and beautiful, but they said the storm was due in later today. Here, it is colder than a well digger's ass in January in Montana . I now have a better feel for what you guys are dealing with regarding the cold on your fingers. I forgot my temp meter this morning but there was ice on the cars and such, so it was cold. I did put my hands in the my pockets between batteries.....but please understand.... what you guys have back east is far worse to the 10th power for sure than what we have!

I was flying then the Softball team came on to the filed so I landed half way through the pack. But they dropped off their grear and left for the bathrooms. So I thought I'll finish my pack. Well the timer had been runing so I lost my time table of flight. So I flew easy and once in while I punched her and she shot up but then right out of no where I heard the RMPS fall and you know what thant means.................low voltage shut down. Down down down she came and just before she hit the grass I gave her full throttle and collective and she had narry a mark on her. I thought for a moment that perhaps I lost the f-shaft from the weight of the blades on the hard landing but it appears to be fine.
Packs are the charging and none of the cells got past 3.6 accept one it went down to 3.3 but that is still just on the "edge" of safe.

Yea I need to go back on and fly that G4 400 again, that is pretty darned close. I only got your notice this morning as I was leaving to fly so I did the download and did one fast flight so I'll know more later on. I guess ole Glenn is out there tearing up the air somewhere this morning.

Smiles JPee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.