Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

BIG LAMA

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Buz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

ORIGINAL: rikybob

ORIGINAL: Buz

Well, something has already gone goofy with my SR. I took it out this morning while there was no wind.... it's set up exactly the way it was last time I flew it. I set it down on the driveway... powered everthing up, and started running in up. Usually, at about 1/2 throttle the collective pitch kicks in and I take off. Well, this morning I ran it up....and at half throttle it was still sitting on the ground. So, I worked my way up to full throttle and ....no collective!
It just sat there blowing air UP instead of down. It seems to have negative pitch... but when I put it on throttle hold and open the throttle... I'm getting no positive pitch at all. Grrrrr...... I guess I'll just fly it upside down! [:'(]
Buz,

It's afraid of you.

Someone told it the ''bar story'' and it freaked.[]

R/B

LOL! I have inspected every piece of this helicopter and I can't find anything wrong! But, still no collective. You may be right. It's already had a nervous breakdown. [:'(]

But, hey... my key fob camera came in and I've got the 4Gig memory card for it. Maybe I'll get some flight video with the BOL.

ROFL! That chicken is perfect!
Old 04-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Buz

Well, something has already gone goofy with my SR. I took it out this morning while there was no wind.... it's set up exactly the way it was last time I flew it. I set it down on the driveway... powered everthing up, and started running in up. Usually, at about 1/2 throttle the collective pitch kicks in and I take off. Well, this morning I ran it up....and at half throttle it was still sitting on the ground. So, I worked my way up to full throttle and ....no collective!
It just sat there blowing air UP instead of down. It seems to have negative pitch... but when I put it on throttle hold and open the throttle... I'm getting no positive pitch at all. Grrrrr...... I guess I'll just fly it upside down! [:'(]

A little research on my end say start with ''separated swash''?

Good luck!

R/B
$#@*# !!!! R/B..... you were right! The swash plate had started to pull apart but had not separated yet. I popped it back in all the way, and viola! It flies! If you had not mentioned it, I probably wouldn't have looked at it again. Just goes to show what a mind meld this thread is. Thanks R/B... ! I swear, I would have never seen it before. Woot!

Buzz
Old 04-01-2010, 01:32 PM
rikybob

Good luck!

R/B
$#@*# !!!! R/B..... you were right! The swash plate had started to pull apart but had not separated yet. I popped it back in all the way, and viola! It flies! If you had not mentioned it, I probably wouldn't have looked at it again. Just goes to show what a mind meld this thread is. Thanks R/B... ! I swear, I would have never seen it before. Woot!

Buzz
Hi Buz,

Glad to help! I got it from "another fourm".

Here is an excerpt:

"You can CA your swash and that will cure the separation problem but be careful not to get any CA glue on the bearing or you're toast,...."

R/B

ps got 4 packs off today!

Old 04-01-2010, 02:07 PM
aircrash

Hi Rikybob,

If it has separated then that would be a side effect of the crash.
If it didn`t had separated then something else would have been damaged. All this energy of the impact has to be gone away through a point.
So if you glue it then you`ll save it but damage something else, except if all the others are more rigid than the swashplate anyway, so they would not get damaged, but that`s not true.

It would have a point to glue it if it had a separating problem during a flight.

I had a similar problem to the BOL. When I had used the spare swashplate with the longer ball joints then I was experiencing a heavy blade strike problem (out of this longer ball joints).
I taped the blades and they could not get cut, so till I fix the problem (actually find it) to save some blades. But in every blade strike all the energy was transferred to the servos, so they kept going out of the frame. I had to put them back in their position.
Before I use cellotape to hold them in their position I realised I had to fix the blade strike problem and not use taped blades, or else if it was not the servos then it would be a gear, a motor, the 3in1, or something else.

Blades have to be able to get cut in a heavy blade strike or impact to the ground. Or else the damage it will cost more than a single blade.

Spiros
Old 04-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Buz

Good luck!

R/B

Buzz
Hi Buz,

Glad to help! I got it from ''another fourm''.

Here is an excerpt:

''You can CA your swash and that will cure the separation problem but be careful not to get any CA glue on the bearing or you're toast,....''

R/B

Crash? No real crashes yet, Spiros. We're talking about the swash plate in the Blade SR. I made a low pass and turned ....and I forgot the single rotor heli's bank when they turn. I only scrubbed up the ends of the rotors. Tape fixed that. R/B... when I pushed it back together, I had to use needle nose pliers to push it all the way back down. It's tight in there, and I suppose if that's what Spiros is referring to .. it could have easily fed enough energy to pop it up. But, as far as locating the problem... you hit the nail on the head. If it had been totally separated I probably would have seen it. I noticed it first when the SR would run up and then jump off the floor about 4 ft.

But, Spiros brings up a good point. I always use stock blades because I want them to break if I hit something. But, on the SR the blades are wooden. I just happened to look in my parts bin and I found that I have TWENTY FOUR sets of blades from a prior heli. Same size! [8D]
Old 04-01-2010, 03:29 PM
rikybob

Good luck!

R/B

Buzz
Hi Buz,

Here is an excerpt:

''You can CA your swash and that will cure the separation problem but be careful not to get any CA glue on the bearing or you're toast,....''

R/B

Crash? No real crashes yet, Spiros. We're talking about the swash plate in the Blade SR. I made a low pass and turned ....and I forgot the single rotor heli's bank when they turn. I only scrubbed up the ends of the rotors. Tape fixed that. R/B... when I pushed it back together, I had to use needle nose pliers to push it all the way back down. It's tight in there, and I suppose if that's what Spiros is referring to .. it could have easily fed enough energy to pop it up. But, as far as locating the problem... you hit the nail on the head. If it had been totally separated I probably would have seen it. I noticed it first when the SR would run up and then jump off the floor about 4 ft.

But, Spiros brings up a good point. I always use stock blades because I want them to break if I hit something. But, on the SR the blades are wooden. I just happened to look in my parts bin and I found that I have TWENTY FOUR sets of blades from a prior heli. Same size! [8D]
Hi again Buz, Spiros,

Spiros is right in principal and may be right with this event. If the swash seperation was the direct result of your "uninternional blade tip modification procedure" that is to say right after your crash and the next spool up, the swash did what it was supposed to. If not, there is a known issue with swash seperating. If that is the case, call H/H support and they will mail you another free of charge!

Best of luck, I am still waiting on mine!

R/B

PS More tips and info can be learned [link=http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=202973]here[/link] and [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171003&page=1]here[/link]!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:38 PM
rikybob

Edmund2,

Sorry about the rain and good luck whipping out the ole heli from under the bed!

With all things considered its not like my neighbor Tiger Woods whipping out a concubine![:@]

Simon and Spiros,

Dang, I missed the bird! Ratz!

Next time!

R/B

PS. Its not fair, Spiros DOES NOT SLEEP! I did the math on his post it was 0300 hours HIS time!
Old 04-01-2010, 04:49 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Hey again all,

I've just been window shopping on-line and found [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280402438321&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_4259wt_948]THIS 3-pack of useful plug-ins[/link] at my fav HongKong seller - seemmy999!

For the newbie out there:
The [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/7-4V-11-1V-RC-Lipo-Battery-low-voltage-Alarm-Indicator_W0QQitemZ280402422712QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4149496bb 8#ht_3191wt_958]Lipo Alarm[/link] is connected to the flight battery via the white (now vacant) charging plug and held in a convenient place in your bird by rubber bands whilst it flies - adding 4g to your AUW! As it gets low on juice, you can view the LEDs changing - first green LED goes out and then the red LED opposite lights. When all three have changed from green to red it is nearly time to land - giving you enough time (usually) to lower your bird gracefully to the ground before the audible ''screamer'' sounds and the escs shut down the motors (in order to save the lipo from irreversible damage)

The [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RC-Li-Po-Battery-Voltage-Indicator-Checker-Tester-2S-6S_W0QQitemZ260501538756QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_C ontrol_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ca71a07c4#ht_31 46wt_958]Voltage Indicator[/link] can be plugged into a lipo anytime and doesn't fly with your bird. It auto change-flashes: number of cells in lipo>total voltage>voltage of cell#1>voltage of cell#2>voltage of cell#3 - so you can easily check to see if the balance charger has done its job (amongst other things[sm=wink_smile.gif])

The [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-RC-parkflyer-plane-helicopter-lost-finder-tracer_W0QQitemZ250464999642QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN?hash=item3a50e098da#h t_3429wt_958]Tracer[/link] is another on-board item - weighing 15g - that enables you to find your model quickly - due to its two different LOUD 85dB audible screams. It plugs between one of the 3in1 outputs and one of the servos - is held by rubber bands - and is activated when your Tx is switched off or your bird goes out of the 50metre (150 feet) range

This 3 pack is ''peace of mind'' on the cheap..........less than US$12 INCLUDING free shipping [including to the US and Greece, Spiros - I checked

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. These are perfect for the Big Lama as All-Up-Weight is not as critical as with the smaller coax......

Peter,

I know I have said it before but many thanx for your contributions and the above find specifically. This vendor got their goodies to me in record time, 7 days! Amazing! I don't get posts from the USPS to me form the West Coast that quickly!

Nifty little items! The volt meter is really cool! I have DVM's and AVM's but they are not convienient to use. The digital version runs through total and individual cells. Nice thing is I use three different chargers, [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Align-RCC-4CX-Battery-Balance-Charger-AGNKX850140A_W0QQitemZ110492193294QQcmdZViewItemQQ ptZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b9d9 120e]this one [/link] and the stock Eflite and Esky chargers all perform perfectly and all my crazy batteries are in tolerance!

Best to all!

R/B
Old 04-01-2010, 06:52 PM
pgroom_68

Hey again all,
I've just been window shopping on-line and found [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280402438321&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_4259wt_948]THIS 3-pack of useful plug-ins[/link] at my fav HongKong seller - seemmy999!
For the newbie out there:
The [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/7-4V-11-1V-RC-Lipo-Battery-low-voltage-Alarm-Indicator_W0QQitemZ280402422712QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4149496bb 8#ht_3191wt_958]Lipo Alarm[/link] is connected to the flight battery via the white (now vacant) charging plug and held in a convenient place in your bird by rubber bands whilst it flies - adding 4g to your AUW! As it gets low on juice, you can view the LEDs changing - first green LED goes out and then the red LED opposite lights. When all three have changed from green to red it is nearly time to land - giving you enough time (usually) to lower your bird gracefully to the ground before the audible ''screamer'' sounds and the escs shut down the motors (in order to save the lipo from irreversible damage)
The [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RC-Li-Po-Battery-Voltage-Indicator-Checker-Tester-2S-6S_W0QQitemZ260501538756QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_C ontrol_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ca71a07c4#ht_31 46wt_958]Voltage Indicator[/link] can be plugged into a lipo anytime and doesn't fly with your bird. It auto change-flashes: number of cells in lipo>total voltage>voltage of cell#1>voltage of cell#2>voltage of cell#3 - so you can easily check to see if the balance charger has done its job (amongst other things[sm=wink_smile.gif])
The [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-RC-parkflyer-plane-helicopter-lost-finder-tracer_W0QQitemZ250464999642QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN?hash=item3a50e098da#h t_3429wt_958]Tracer[/link] is another on-board item - weighing 15g - that enables you to find your model quickly - due to its two different LOUD 85dB audible screams. It plugs between one of the 3in1 outputs and one of the servos - is held by rubber bands - and is activated when your Tx is switched off or your bird goes out of the 50metre (150 feet) range
This 3 pack is ''peace of mind'' on the cheap..........less than US$12 INCLUDING free shipping [including to the US and Greece, Spiros - I checked
[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. These are perfect for the Big Lama as All-Up-Weight is not as critical as with the smaller coax......
Peter,
I know I have said it before but many thanx for your contributions and the above find specifically. This vendor got their goodies to me in record time, 7 days! Amazing! I don't get posts from the USPS to me form the West Coast that quickly!
Nifty little items! The volt meter is really cool! I have DVM's and AVM's but they are not convienient to use. The digital version runs through total and individual cells. Nice thing is I use three different chargers, [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Align-RCC-4CX-Battery-Balance-Charger-AGNKX850140A_W0QQitemZ110492193294QQcmdZViewItemQQ ptZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b9d9 120e]this one [/link] and the stock Eflite and Esky chargers all perform perfectly and all my crazy batteries are in tolerance!
Best to all!
Hey again R/B,

You're quite welcome mate!

1. I would hardly call you a newbie any more......[sm=49_49.gif]
2. When I ordered these items last from Seemmy, I had one of the Lipo Alarms arrive DOA. When I emailed him HE apologised and posted another TWO to replace the ONE[X(] (that I had attached a pic of plugged into a lipo & obviously DOA). It is great to see customer service is still alive and well............
3. Yip. Those voltage indicators are really cool the way they auto-scroll through the total voltage then each cell. I seem to recall Simon talking about these new-to-the-market devices favourably in a past post also[sm=72_72.gif]
4. You can't beat the $ - under US$12 for all three items shipped to "anywhere" (well nearly) in the world........!!!
5. I am still successfully using Esky chargers (with a couple of Walkera ones at work)
6. You're right! Spiros doesn't sleep!!

Old 04-01-2010, 06:58 PM
HowNot2fly

Hey guys
I was working on my crazy bird last night, I removed the pinions from stock motors to install on my new BL motors , unfortunately the stock motor shaft is smaller then BL motor shaft ,i need pinions that would fit on 2.3mm shaft ,does anyone know where I can get pinions for 2.3mm shaft? I order pinions from HC , they fit on the shaft but the mesh is different then stock BOL main gear , also when I removed stock pinions I noticed that one is 10T and the other 11T ,is this how it supposed to be?
Thanks
Brunon
Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 PM
aircrash

Hi Brunon,

Stock brushed motors have a 2.0mm inner diam 12T pinion. Both of them.
On the brushless motors you can use 2.3mm 10T EK1-0352 or 11T EK1-0353. I would say 10T for the weight of your BOL.
They are good and with the right mesh for the main gear.

Do not buy a grub screw pinion. It will not fit to the second gear.

PS.I do sleep sometimes.

Spiros
Old 04-01-2010, 07:55 PM
HowNot2fly

Hi Spiros
I will order some 10T pinions , the stock motors I got have stock pinions , I have no idea why one is 10T and one 11T but thats how they come out of stock BOL ,thanks Spiros
Brunon
PS
get some sleep Spiros[sm=sleeping.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13403.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	1409677  
Old 04-01-2010, 09:47 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: HowNot2fly
Hi Spiros
I will order some 10T pinions , the stock motors I got have stock pinions , I have no idea why one is 10T and one 11T but thats how they come out of stock BOL ,thanks Spiros
PS
get some sleep Spiros[sm=sleeping.gif]
Hey again Brunon,

...that's weird![sm=bananahead.gif]
I suspect one of the motors output must have placed the torque difference out of the normal ("mixable") range. To adjust this the cheapest fix is what you encountered..... NOT the best way to sell more product - but it does support my theory that "Esky's main income comes from the spare parts that they sell"[:'(]

P.S. I'm amazed![X(] Did it did actually fly well?
P.P.S. Is this to pessimistic?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:20 PM
HowNot2fly

Hi Peter
yes that is very strange , either e-sky installed wrong pinions or wrong motors , it did fly well in stock configuration however it did have tendency to turn
Brunon
Old 04-01-2010, 10:34 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: HowNot2fly
Hi Peter
yes that is very strange , either e-sky installed wrong pinions or wrong motors , it did fly well in stock configuration however it did have tendency to turn
Hey again Brunon,

My guess is that one of the motors has a decreased output. This was probably a "pre-natal" condition and SHOULD have been addresses correctly at the factory by replacing the culprit motor.
It might not help you to change out both pinions to be the same as eachother[sm=72_72.gif]. It is a pity that you cannot find the rpm - perhaps one of [link=http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10783&Product_Name=Turni gy_Multi-Blade_Micro_Tachometer]THESE micro Tachos[/link]? [sm=50_50.gif]On second thought, it would be better to spend the $ differently. Wait until your new pinions arrive - try it - and then see if you need to order a second set of diff tooth pinions! Much cheaper option.....

P.S. I refer you to part of my above post (paraphased) "Esky makes most of its money from the spare parts that it sells"........
P.P.S. Anyone else pi$$ed off by the fact that you cannot order from Miracle-mart.com today? I understand that it is a holiday (for us in Australia as well), but they could have a way to flash that fact up upon entry to their site AND upon checkout - would be much better IMO......................
Old 04-02-2010, 03:36 AM
aircrash

Hi Brunon,

It is strange. It should have 12T as it says on the replacement spare parts and as I think I have measured also on the stock BOL I have.

But I have a set of motors as spare parts, bought from ebay. It says 370 Motor w/12T on each motor but it has one 10T on the EK1-0008A motor and one 11T on the EK1-0008B.
That`s strange.

Spiros
Old 04-02-2010, 07:23 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: aircrash
Hi Brunon,
It is strange. It should have 12T as it says on the replacement spare parts and as I think I have measured also on the stock BOL I have.
But I have a set of motors as spare parts, bought from ebay. It says 370 Motor w/12T on each motor but it has one 10T on the EK1-0008A motor and one 11T on the EK1-0008B.
That`s strange. [img][/img]
Hey again Spiros,

So you have this phenomon also[X(]?? I am really confused now.....[sm=confused.gif]
What's going on Esky??

Old 04-02-2010, 07:57 AM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: aircrash
Hi Brunon,
That`s strange. [img][/img]
Hey again Spiros,

So you have this phenomon also[X(]?? I am really confused now.....[sm=confused.gif]
What's going on Esky??

You guy's have got me looking at my spares now, in case I build one out my parts tin. I only need frame, skids, battery tray, rx, servos and canopy.

Anyway, my spare 370 motors are all 11T. It is noticable that the pinions gears are different (ie longer) on some motors.

...........The plot thickens

Simon

Old 04-02-2010, 09:28 AM
hdcharlie

FWIW, all three of my BOLs came with 11T pinions on all the motors. I would like to see howthey would perform with 12T gears, but don't know where to get the correct pitch gears. In fact, I don't know whether they're .4 or .5. Anyone?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Buz

Good luck!

R/B

Buzz
Hi Buz,

Here is an excerpt:

R/B

Hi again Buz, Spiros,

Spiros is right in principal and may be right with this event. If the swash seperation was the direct result of your ''uninternional blade tip modification procedure'' that is to say right after your crash and the next spool up, the swash did what it was supposed to. If not, there is a known issue with swash seperating. If that is the case, call H/H support and they will mail you another free of charge!

Best of luck, I am still waiting on mine!

R/B

PS More tips and info can be learned [link=http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=202973]here[/link] and [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171003&page=1]here[/link]!
Hey, R/B....

The swash separation was due to the blade strike. No problems until that happened. I just flew a pack through it a few minutes ago. I'm flying on dual rates and I find it a LOT more responsive.

Thanks for the links. Some good information there. After banging the sticks with the SR..... I flew one of my BOL's, and ohhhhhh, what a difference. I haven't had the SR more than a foot off the ground!
The BOL felt very relaxed and comfortable in comparison. I re-meshed the gears and got about 3 or 4 more minutes out of the battery pack. But, I'm out of blades! [X(] I've started robbing my other BOL's of their blades. lol

Well, I'm off to "boil my landing skids". [:-] I had to read that twice to make sure it wasn't a typo!

Buzz
Old 04-02-2010, 11:26 AM
erdnuckel2

ORIGINAL: hdcharlie

FWIW, all three of my BOLs came with 11T pinions on all the motors. I would like to see howthey would perform with 12T gears, but don't know where to get the correct pitch gears. In fact, I don't know whether they're .4 or .5. Anyone?
to all Iknow .5! (.4 is a "Walkera - thing" !!... for example Lama400D)
don't really quote me on it (as I am even less familiar with the US way of denominating pinions than with the German one) but I think the BOL pinions/gears are 48pitch/.5 mod.

Sven

Old 04-02-2010, 11:41 AM
hdcharlie

ORIGINAL: erdnuckel2

ORIGINAL: hdcharlie

to all Iknow .5! (.4 is a "Walkera - thing" !!... for example Lama400D)
don't really quote me on it (as I am even less familiar with the US way of denominating pinions than with the German one) but I think the BOL pinions/gears are 48pitch/.5 mod.

Sven

Thank you, sir. I'm now on a mission!!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:17 PM
rikybob

[/quote]

Hey, R/B....

The swash separation was due to the blade strike. No problems until that happened. I just flew a pack through it a few minutes ago. I'm flying on dual rates and I find it a LOT more responsive.

Thanks for the links. Some good information there. After banging the sticks with the SR..... I flew one of my BOL's, and ohhhhhh, what a difference. I haven't had the SR more than a foot off the ground!
The BOL felt very relaxed and comfortable in comparison. I re-meshed the gears and got about 3 or 4 more minutes out of the battery pack. But, I'm out of blades! [X(] I've started robbing my other BOL's of their blades. lol

Well, I'm off to ''boil my landing skids''. [:-] I had to read that twice to make sure it wasn't a typo!

Buzz

[/quote]

Buzz,

Glad to hear it worked for you and I too flyi in dual rates and look forward to getting rid of the pesky flybar weights. I just found notice that my SR is being shipped back today. If prolly Tuesday of next week before I can get it back. I bought and now have 5 new batteries committed to just that airframe and look forward to "sweating in my shoes" again!

I too enjoy the stress free flying of the BOL and cooked off 3 packs this morning!

Problem with me is, is that I become bored. [&o]

My current mission is, is to see how I do with the SR and to NOT do a $70.00 crash anytime soon and slowly learn the machine. If I continue with warranty issues it may end up on the FS page and I move to my mentor Peters Walkera he suggested or a HBK either fixed or CP!

It's kind of a trade off, good, expensive product/parts with GREAT no questions asked customer support (EFLITE) or GREAT INEXPENSIVE product with NON-EXISTANT product support (ESKY)[:-]

The latter actually not being true as the FOURMS give me all the support I need for ESKY. I have never had a need to contact a representative of the company and frankly don' t know if you can

Fun stuff to ponder, to take my mind off the real world.

This evenings mission is to get ALL my chores done and cook off all 7 of my BOL packs before sunset!

Best to ya!

R/B
Old 04-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Buz

Hey, R/B....

Well, I'm off to ''boil my landing skids''. [:-] I had to read that twice to make sure it wasn't a typo!

Buzz

[/quote]

Buzz,

Glad to hear it worked for you and I too flyi in dual rates and look forward to getting rid of the pesky flybar weights. I just found notice that my SR is being shipped back today. If prolly Tuesday of next week before I can get it back. I bought and now have 5 new batteries committed to just that airframe and look forward to ''sweating in my shoes'' again!

I too enjoy the stress free flying of the BOL and cooked off 3 packs this morning!

My current mission is, is to see how I do with the SR and to NOT do a $70.00 crash anytime soon and slowly learn the machine. If I continue with warranty issues it may end up on the FS page and I move to my mentor Peters Walkera he suggested or a HBK either fixed or CP!

It's kind of a trade off, good, expensive product/parts with GREAT no questions asked customer support (EFLITE) or GREAT INEXPENSIVE product with NON-EXISTANT product support (ESKY)[:-]

The latter actually not being true as the FOURMS give me all the support I need for ESKY. I have never had a need to contact a representative of the company and frankly don' t know if you can

This evenings mission is to get ALL my chores done and cook off all 7 of my BOL packs before sunset!

Best to ya!

R/B
[/quote]

Thanks for jogging my memory to go back and check it again. It took about 6 seconds to fix. I burned another pack before the wind off the ocean picked up. But, I need to get more batteries for the SR. Yeah, sweating in my shoes is about right. It seemed easier to fly a single rotor years ago. I'm going to try dialing in the 50/50 throttle setting too. I want to make the collective stay in neutral until I move the throttle up. Moving it down will reverse the pitch, but you have to pull the stick down to throttle up with negative pitch. I have even more respect for those crazy guys who fly 3D. Imagine the heli upside down and you have to pull the stick down to make it go up!
I can't even think about it! LOL

Hey, if you don't want to get bored flying the BOL.... start challenging yourself a bit more with it. Can you fly a figure 8 going backwards yet? How about flying almost full throttle sideways while coordinating rudder to keep the BOL going straight sideways? There's a lot more left in the BOL that people are reluctant to try. Fly higher. Get up there 200ft with your key fob camera working. I never get bored when flying the BOL... but I don't want to get stuck here... I have to get comfortable with single blade, so I can fly the giant scale AH6.

Yeah, you won't get much help from Esky. This is your best resource here on RCU. In fact I think I noted that above. Got a problem? Bring it to the Esky mind meld!
I need a new tail boom for the SR. When I had the blade strike, one blade hit the boom. I straightened it out and it seems to work fine. I'll leave it on there in case it happens again.

CHORES! [:'(][:'(] What kind of wood floors are you installing? My wife has also decided to put in wood floors. But, the laminates won't do... she's buying 3/4"x 5" tongue and groove .... solid wood! 3000 sq ft of it!!!!
(think...$3500k) I'm NOT putting this all down myself. We have to tear all of the tile out of the kitchen first. Think how many BOL's I could buy with that!

My goal this afternoon is to replace 3 of 4 blades. I've got to stop doing these sliding landings! I landed that way last evening and slid under my wife's car again! I actually had to laugh at all of the piece of black plastic flying out from under her car! LOL

Get back to work!

Buzz
Old 04-02-2010, 04:16 PM
rikybob

Hey, R/B....

Buzz
Buzz,

Glad to hear it worked for you and I too flyi in dual rates and look forward to getting rid of the pesky flybar weights. I just found notice that my SR is being shipped back today. If prolly Tuesday of next week before I can get it back. I bought and now have 5 new batteries committed to just that airframe and look forward to ''sweating in my shoes'' again!

Best to ya!

R/B
[/quote]

Thanks for jogging my memory to go back and check it again. It took about 6 seconds to fix. I burned another pack before the wind off the ocean picked up. But, I need to get more batteries for the SR. Yeah, sweating in my shoes is about right. It seemed easier to fly a single rotor years ago. I'm going to try dialing in the 50/50 throttle setting too. I want to make the collective stay in neutral until I move the throttle up. Moving it down will reverse the pitch, but you have to pull the stick down to throttle up with negative pitch. I have even more respect for those crazy guys who fly 3D. Imagine the heli upside down and you have to pull the stick down to make it go up!
I can't even think about it! LOL

Hey, if you don't want to get bored flying the BOL.... start challenging yourself a bit more with it. Can you fly a figure 8 going backwards yet? How about flying almost full throttle sideways while coordinating rudder to keep the BOL going straight sideways? There's a lot more left in the BOL that people are reluctant to try. Fly higher. Get up there 200ft with your key fob camera working. I never get bored when flying the BOL... but I don't want to get stuck here... I have to get comfortable with single blade, so I can fly the giant scale AH6.

Yeah, you won't get much help from Esky. This is your best resource here on RCU. In fact I think I noted that above. Got a problem? Bring it to the Esky mind meld!
I need a new tail boom for the SR. When I had the blade strike, one blade hit the boom. I straightened it out and it seems to work fine. I'll leave it on there in case it happens again.

CHORES! [:'(][:'(] What kind of wood floors are you installing? My wife has also decided to put in wood floors. But, the laminates won't do... she's buying 3/4''x 5'' tongue and groove .... solid wood! 3000 sq ft of it!!!!
(think...$3500k) I'm NOT putting this all down myself. We have to tear all of the tile out of the kitchen first. Think how many BOL's I could buy with that!

My goal this afternoon is to replace 3 of 4 blades. I've got to stop doing these sliding landings! I landed that way last evening and slid under my wife's car again! I actually had to laugh at all of the piece of black plastic flying out from under her car! LOL

Get back to work!

Buzz

[/quote]

Hi again Buz,

Yah, I figured if in the event single rotor CP did not work for me that I would get a few BOL's and push the envelope but keep a principle one for "fun flying".

As for the floors, Pergo. I have one room that is 15 years old and survived kids, dogs and everything else you can throw at it! Also, in a measure to reuse, renew and recycle. I took my living room floor and placed it in my bedroom! Nothing wrong with it after 15 years! Large breed dogs are the hardest on natural floors as the scratch them very badly! Pergo (laminate) does not scracth, at least mine never did! [&:]

Well, its windy over here and I hope it lays at dark and BACK TO CHORES! [>:]

I am moving back into my master bedroom![8D]

R/B

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.