Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 01:06 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE,

Sorry your flight got interupted and your heli went into LVC mode.

I really wanted to test the Belt and 450 again, but even if I could brave the cold it is way too windy to fly those helis. It seems like the Belt gets pushed around just as much as the Gaui.

Nick
Old 12-14-2008, 01:51 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

My worst battery the one the LVC'ed on me came in at 1405 mAh and the its limmit is 1440 so 35 under it real tight. I thought so. Everything else came in at the 800-900

JPee
Old 12-14-2008, 02:58 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Sounds good on your weather out there, glad ya got some flying time in, and didn't hurt your battery despite a close call with it.

Nick,

I just looked at your weather online...WOW is all I can say...the temp is like 8.4 degrees...with a 16 MPH wind!!! NO WAY would you get me out in that to fly!! I don't blame you for not flying.

At least you have the fun fly later on...hope you get to enjoy that some...

I have not had time yet to download the B400, but I will tonight, and thanks for the find, and the link, I'll be sure to give you my opinion on it...

Well, now I'm scratching my head...[sm=confused.gif]

The battery that I thought was in LVC, and with the tail wagging after 5:30 in idle up, came in at 1130 millamps....way safe for an 1800 pack...

And the second pack where I had to cut the flight short came in at about 850...which was no surprise.

So, some more research is needed....

I have some great weather here, just gotta finish up Sunday chores before I can go play...LOL ..it's about 47 and sunny, not much wind...

Talk to you guys tonight...gonna be up pretty late...slept in big time today...LOL![X(]

Glenn
Old 12-14-2008, 03:34 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I was just seeing what E-flite aircraft were on there and I saw the B400. I checked for it last month and it wasn't there.

Sorry to hear the stock ESC didn't fix the problem.

Good to hear at least you have good weather today.

Nick
Old 12-14-2008, 07:30 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I don't believe it, I got to go back out and do another 3 packs this afternoon in a stiff breeze! [sm=thumbs_up.gif] I tried flying in NORM but the heli was bouncing all over. Hit the STUNT and get out of the way! Old 401 flew great and the challange of the wind was fun too. What was not fun was... I could not quite get the sun to my back but more off my left ear so when I flew out to my left the Heli was somewhat shadowed and it made it hard to see. But all in all I got to fly 6 packs in today and for me...........thats a record! She is ah-cloudin up now so thats why I snuck out for one more flight.

Nick, I see it extreamly cold and windy your way sorry for that, I feel bad telling you about all the fun I am having when your kinda snowed in so to speak. Well hopefully you'll have fun and Fun Fly which I assume is inside somewhere?

Smiles JPee

Nick, I just flew the 400 again at length. It is much faster and lighter that real life. The 400 is much slower. The squirrlyness of it is not to far off but to me it flies the knife edge 500. godda run right see you boys later
Old 12-14-2008, 08:49 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear you got 6 packs in with the B400.

This was the best fun fly ever. Yeah JPEE it is inside a big gym that the club rents and each person flying pays $5. My last two flights were the best since hardly anyone was flying at the last few minutes. And I was one of the last ones there, so I got the whole gym to myself and I got to practice all my 3D moves without worrying about the wind. I also helped a person set up there CPP a little, but I didn't get to finish it since they wanted to fly some more. I also saw Helistyle's Walkera there. I didn't realize it was the size of a MCX. There was also a lot of planes hitting each other which was kind of funny and I also saw a Lama V4.

Nick
Old 12-14-2008, 10:17 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear you got 6 packs in with the B400.

This was the best fun fly ever. Yeah JPEE it is inside a big gym that the club rents and each person flying pays $5. My last two flights were the best since hardly anyone was flying at the last few minutes. And I was one of the last ones there, so I got the whole gym to myself and I got to practice all my 3D moves without worrying about the wind. I also helped a person set up there CPP a little, but I didn't get to finish it since they wanted to fly some more. I also saw Helistyle's Walkera there. I didn't realize it was the size of a MCX. There was also a lot of planes hitting each other which was kind of funny and I also saw a Lama V4.

Nick
Nick,

Sounds like you had some fun! Did you get any hoohas with your flying from the crowd? How many guys/helis were there? What is the biggest heli they fly/flew?

I must stand corrected or at least modify my comments on the G4 400. Since I came home from my second live fly I now have some better input. I find that if you do not go past 50-60% throttle it is a pretty accurate fly. Any more thottle than that it gets to fast and twitchy which the 400 is not. In the past I have gone in and changed some of the scale and made the heli larger and a bit slower but I cannot get into this one. So I'll continue to use it and THANK YOU for the heads up on it, but I'll just slow it down and that should be close enough.
Smiles JPee
Old 12-14-2008, 10:54 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I just wrote a long reply..and I lost it, because I was too lazy to copy and paste...

Maybe I'll write again later..[>:][:'(][&o]

Glenn
Old 12-14-2008, 11:00 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I got a lot of compliments on my flying and a lot of people were amazed on how well the Gaui was built. There were probably 20 people there and probably half of them had helis which were mostly CX2's. The biggest heli was a CPP since no one is allowed to fly a 400 sized or bigger.

Thanks for the info on the simulated B400.

Glenn,

Did you know when you get that error message you can hit the back button and copy your post? Then just go back to the thread and paste it into a new reply.

Nick
Old 12-14-2008, 11:49 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Glad to hear that you had a great time at the fun fly....sure beats trying to fly in the crazy cold weather that you have going on over there!

That is cool that you did well flying, and that the people there were impressed...sounds like you are the king of heli pilots in your fun fly club.

LOL on the planes crashing...it must be a huge area for planes to be able to fly around like that?

I finally got a chance to try the G4 B400...and it's pretty decent, not bad at all. A bit overpowered, for sure, but otherwise pretty close. A stock B400 does not have that kind of punch when you hit full throttle...but it's a nice model, someone definately spent some time on it, and got it very close.

I only flew one pack in the B400 today. Along with the nice weather, came all the people too..including some guy that was hitting golf balls on the baseball field at the same time I was trying to fly...[>:]

JPEE,

Glad to hear that you got a record number of flights in...good for you! Hope you have some time this week to build.

The B400 flew flawlessly in normal mode for 6:00...no issues, still waiting to see the battery charge results...but no tail wag this time...

Glenn

Old 12-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Evan T.

Hey guys I got my motor Saturday night but I went to my dads house so I couldn't tell y'all. Well I only got one flight in because it was really windy and hard to fly and their would be huge gusts out of no where that would knock over the trash cans and everyones christmas decorations lol oh and I got the cx2 fixed

Haha Glenn I was just about to say what nick said about the copy/paste thing lol I do it all the time if I'm on my moms lap top but I can't do it on the iPod
Old 12-15-2008, 12:13 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah it wasn't much fun walking to my car in 6 degree weather. LOL It is a lot of fun being around other heli pilots and watching them practice and get better. One older guy said he was never able to fly his Lama as long as he did at the Fun Fly compared to outdoors. I might help out another guy set up his raptor G2 or something like that if he still wants me too at the next fun fly.

I think there is at least one other pilot that is better than me, but he only flies Nitro helis and I didn't see him last time I was at one of the outdoor fun flies. But I think I saw his heli and it is very impressive.

This link kind of looks like the size of the planes that were flying. And there was maybe 3-4 that size and there was a lot of Vapors and some other small parkzone airplanes. http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Te...ProdID=EFL1150

Sorry to hear that you only got one flight in with the good weather, but good to hear that the tail was acting like it should.

Evan,

Cool to hear you got your motor.

Nick
Old 12-15-2008, 12:49 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Glad to hear that you had a great time at the fun fly....sure beats trying to fly in the crazy cold weather that you have going on over there!

That is cool that you did well flying, and that the people there were impressed...sounds like you are the king of heli pilots in your fun fly club.

LOL on the planes crashing...it must be a huge area for planes to be able to fly around like that?

I finally got a chance to try the G4 B400...and it's pretty decent, not bad at all. A bit overpowered, for sure, but otherwise pretty close. A stock B400 does not have that kind of punch when you hit full throttle...but it's a nice model, someone definately spent some time on it, and got it very close.

I only flew one pack in the B400 today. Along with the nice weather, came all the people too..including some guy that was hitting golf balls on the baseball field at the same time I was trying to fly...[>:]

JPEE,

Glad to hear that you got a record number of flights in...good for you! Hope you have some time this week to build.

The B400 flew flawlessly in normal mode for 6:00...no issues, still waiting to see the battery charge results...but no tail wag this time...

Glenn

Hey Glenn,

Glad you got in at least one flight and the 400 seems more stable.

JPee
Old 12-15-2008, 01:05 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Glad to hear that your motor finally came in....that's great!

Sorry you couldn't fly more with it because of the wind....but at least you got it up in the air again, that's what counts.

Nick,

I don't remember the last time it was that cold here, I do remember one time along time ago that it did get down to 2 degrees here, without wind chill figured in...that's about the coldest weather I have ever experienced. Vehicles have a hard time starting in that kind of cold alot of times. It will really test a car's battery too...

That fun fly sounds cool...I wish there was something like that here. I guess I'll just have to wait until next year and join the club. At least then I won't have to put up with guys practicing their golf game, taking up space on the baseball field...LOL

Glenn
Old 12-15-2008, 01:26 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah my car didn't start as easy today as it normally does in warm weather. It usually gets below 0 for a few weeks in winter here.

Could you ask Rob or have him ask someone at your club if they could do a fun fly indoors during the winter? AMA has a thing on their website that explains the process of doing similar fun flies. On AMA's website they said people will usually let people fly at their place as long as everyone that flies is part of AMA.

Don't those people playing golf know helis are more important. LOL

Nick
Old 12-15-2008, 01:34 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, cars don't like it when it's that cold out...sometimes they do weird things and sound funny at those temps.

That's a good idea, I'll ask Rob next time I talk to him, it's worth mentioning anyways.

LOL on the golf people...that guy couldn't care less about my helis...and I couldn't care less about hitting a stupid little white ball around, and then have to walk all that ways just to hit it again...LMAO!!

Gotta go to work tomorrow...so I'm gonna call it a night...[sm=frown.gif]

Glenn
Old 12-15-2008, 01:37 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Tomorrow is the start of my finals, so I should call it a night too. Talk to you tomorrow. Hope you continue to have good weather.

Nick
Old 12-15-2008, 04:14 PM
evdreamer

I just got back from a test flight with the T-Rex and froze doing it in 0 degree weather. It didn't seem to handle any different than the DS285's, but I wasn't really pushing it since I was more concentrated on staying warm. I forgot to zip tie the wires, so I am glad nothing rubbed on the main gear. The bearings didn't seem to like the cold because everything was stiff and didn't want to move easily and once they warmed up everything moved easily again. Least I know it works now. I think I might call it good for flying this winter unless there are some perfect days from now until spring. My club is thinking about doing the fun flys every Sunday in January instead of every other Sunday, so that should help me get through the winter blues of not flying.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:27 PM
JPEE

Good Flying Nick!

Man that cold must a bitc** for ya. At least the grease warmed up and the servos performed but I would leary about pushing in that kinda cols. If the club can do the funfly weekly that would keep you going during the wint ermonths forsure.

Good luck on your finals too.

JPee

2:27 pm.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:58 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yeah it was -23 degrees with the wind when I went to school this morning, but now it is a little warmer (above 0 degrees) Yeah I feel like I will have to relearn the stuff I can do after winter because I won't be able to fly everyday. But if I can fly every time at the FunFly that should maintain my skills. My electronic finals was super easy this morning and I have been putting off studying for my Physics finals tomorrow.

Nick
Old 12-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys I just tryed out idle up and it's pretty cool but scary as hell the first time lol it's like really twitchy and the wind is still blowing hard like all the sudden the heli climbs 5 feet and it's hard to come back down and you lower the throttle and it doesn't really come down and then when the gust stops the heli falls really fast. And my hands were really numb and I could barely move the sticks lol atleast the bugs are gone now lol
Old 12-15-2008, 06:16 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad you got to at least test fly the new servos...that weather you are having is basically unflyable....that's just too cold! I don't blame you for temporarily suspending your flying until the weather is a bit warmer. [&o]

It was like 65 degrees here earlier, but windy. I was going to try to sneak in a flight at lunch, but the wind was gusting to about 25 MPH or so...

Glad to hear your electronics final was easy for you. Hope your physics one goes well, but it sounds like a much harder subject...

Evan,

Congrats on trying idle up, it should help quite a bit in the wind. Without it, sometimes the heli will get caught in an updraft, and not want to come back down! So, it really helps control in the wind....just be careful, it's easy to overdo it, and kinda slam into the ground if you forget that it's in idle up...[]

Yeah, the cold will really affect your fingers and hands, making controlling the sticks difficult at best. [>:]

LOL, yeah, no more bugs! I just put my can of "OFF" bug spray away the other day...won't be needing that until spring...

Glenn
Old 12-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Evan T.

yeah i need to wear some gloves
Old 12-15-2008, 06:50 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah college physics is hard, but I think I will do ok. Good to hear you still have warm weather.

Evan,

Good to hear you are tying out the idle up.

Nick
Old 12-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Evan T.

Let's see if I make a new page LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.