Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:32 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

thanks I can't decide I really want a small heli but on the other hand I want a bigger heli lol
Old 07-26-2008, 05:36 PM
HeliStyle

O I forgot to mention the reason why I crashed was the tail motor died 8 feet in the air and the heli started spining in circles, that tail motor is toast
Old 07-26-2008, 06:28 PM
evdreamer

I bet you wished you had a one way bearing to help save the helicopter. You must have used that tail motor for a long time. You don't have to worry about a belt/shaft driven tail ever failing in an RC helicopter. I have seen two cases on T.V. that real helicopters cut the power when they loose function of the tail, so they don't spin to the ground.

Nick
Old 07-26-2008, 06:36 PM
HeliStyle

I prob have had about 20 packs on that tail motor
Old 07-26-2008, 09:37 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Sorry to hear about the TV, that is a bummer! Maybe you can get insurance to cover it or something?

So, you got some cash towards a new heli? Cool! What are you going to get?

I didn't fly today, too windy all day and night. I am making pretty good progress on the Gaui rebuild/new tail installation...it's going pretty well.

Be sure to let us know what new heli is on the way!! LOL

Glenn
Old 07-26-2008, 09:40 PM
HeliStyle

rotarydoc have you experienced the main gearing stripping teeth off of it after some crashes?
Old 07-26-2008, 09:41 PM
HeliStyle

my choices right now I can't decide on is a walkera 4#3 which will fit in the palm of you hand and is fixed pitch for indoor flying, then my second choice is a walkera 52 which is collective pitch size 200 or the esky honeybee king 2 lol I cant decide
Old 07-26-2008, 09:43 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I sure am glad I paid extra to have the parts arrive today for the Gaui (they got here at noon today!!).

This is more involved and time consuming than I had imagined. This is a difficult to work on heli, as you can imagine, because everything is so tiny...I just did manage to get the belt back through the tailboom and over the tail shaft...

Thank goodness for magnetic screwdrivers, tweezers, and strong magnifying glasses!!

I still have to finish with the Microheli tail, I did decide to go with it after all. I put both tailboxes on the scale, and if anything, the stock one weighs a tad bit more, maybe half a gram or so. So I should still be fine on the weight distrubution.

I got zero flying in today, between rebuilding, and the wind. The wind lasted all day and into the evening, we had some storms close by, so it kept the wind active all evening.

Hope you got a chance to fly. You mentioned an "instructor" when talking about the warbird show? A college instructor, or do you have a helicopter instructor? Just curious!

Glenn
Old 07-26-2008, 09:46 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

I have only stripped the main gear on the Blade 400 once, when it hit my leg. I have not stripped the main gear on the CPP before. But I did damage it so that the hole where the little pin for the rotor head was all reamed out, and sloppy, but it still works.

That is a tough choice on the next heli. I guess it really depends on whether you want to do most of your flying inside, or outside.

The HBK2 sounds like more fun...the others sound alot like flying a CX2, with flying indoors.

But, it's totally your choice to make!

Hope you enjoy whichever one you pick...

Glenn
Old 07-26-2008, 09:55 PM
HeliStyle

yeah Im still leaning towards the honey bee king 2, just in a matter of a week I have went through 2 main gears all crashing from about 8 feet up, one from wind and the second from the tail motor dieing out on me letting the helicopter do 360s. it seems like when the blades hit the ground it could be from me not turning off the throttle and then hitting the ground while the main gear is jammed because the blades are against the ground making the the motor trying to turn it and slipping on the teeth, I tried pushing the motor pinion in more towards the main gear because maybe its slipping over the teeth but I cant push it into the main gear anymore.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:12 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Yeah, it could be because you are holding the throttle when the heli is hitting the ground. Try to remember to cut the throttle if the heli is going to hit the ground and there is no other way out.

Sometimes, though, depending on the situation (NOT a good idea in your case where the tail motor failed) it's better to power the heli up and get out of trouble that way, if it's possible. The ground is not your friend when flying a helicopter!! LOL

I would like to see you get the Honey Bee, then you will have a belt driven tail, which I am sure you will find alot more pilot friendly!

You don't want to get the gear mesh too tight either, however, it will bind up and cause a major drag on the motor and battery. There should just be a tiny amount of play in the main gear when you try to turn it with the pinion stationary.

What rotor blades are you using these days?

Good luck on whichever heli you are going to get!

Glenn
Old 07-26-2008, 11:46 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

When I was installing the new belt and blades on the T-Rex I was dropping the screws because I was having a hard time holding on to them. So I can imagine how hard it is to assemble stuff on the Gaui with everything half the size of a 450. Good to hear your parts came in today. Usually when I order something it comes at night, so I don't have much time to work on the helicopter before I get tired.

Cool to hear there isn't much of a weight difference between the two tail sections and that you are putting the MicroHeli one on. Let us know if you can tell a difference in flight.

Sorry to hear you couldn't fly today. It finally cooled off for me to get three flights in.

The instructor I was talking about let me use a buddy box with him on the Hangar9 Alpha 40. I think that is the best way to learn how to fly an aircraft. It was stress free knowing he would take over if I got close to crashing. I wish I could have used a buddy box when learning to fly helicopters, so I would have never crashed learning.

Nick
Old 07-27-2008, 12:13 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I took some pictures of the Microheli tail for you to look at.

While I had the camera out, I took a picture of one of the screws out of the Gaui for you. Pretty small stuff, eh?

I also laid all my parts out to see what I have in "stock", and took a pic of that as well.

Enjoy...

I hope to be able to fly tomorrow...

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42631.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	998343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29559.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	998344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57613.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	998345   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vp38865.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	998346  
Old 07-27-2008, 12:32 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is one small screw!

The new tail looks pretty cool.

You could start a small business with those parts. With all those spare parts you won't need to order any parts after a crash for a long time.

Hope the weather is good enough for you to fly tomorrow.

Nick
Old 07-27-2008, 01:05 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks...I just got done with the servo and pushrod, so all that's left tomorrow is setting the tail up again. It will be trial and error, I am sure. I marked the original servo location on the tailboom, but it might not be the same.

I will get a fresh start tomorrow, and wrap it all up.

With any luck, I might get to fly tomorrow, we'll see.

JPEE finally got his Quark yesterday. I haven't hardly heard from him since..LOL!

He seems to really like it so far, but hasn't flown it much yet, only having one battery.

Hope you can fly tomorrow, and get to see the warbird show.

Glenn
Old 07-27-2008, 01:12 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I forgot to tell you, I ordered a "titanium" tailboom, it looks pretty cool, it's not really titanium, just painted to look like it. I was going to use it, but it's like 12mm or so longer than the stock "long" tailboom.

I don't even know if it would work with the stock belt.

I'll have to see what the guys at HF know about it.

I think it would put more weight to the rear of the heli, which I don't need.

Maybe it's for the shaft version, and that's why it's longer...

I got away with replacing only one of the see saws...the other one was OK. Those things could get expensive at $16 a set...

I ordered two more sets from Helihobby today, since Readyhobby was out. I better get them while I can, as Readyhobby had no ETA for them. Again, no confirmation email from Helihobby. But last time, they did good, and got my stuff here quickly, so all is good with them lately.

Have fun tomorrow,

Glenn
Old 07-27-2008, 01:46 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It sounds like you are really close to having the Gaui flyable again.

It sounds like JPEE is flying the Quark as much as possible. It is cool to hear he likes it.

I would like to go to the flying field tomorrow to see the show, but it sounds like it could rain. So I will have to wait and see how the weather is.

Could you cut or grind the new tail boom 12mm shorter if it causes a balance problems?

Yeah those see saw arms would get expensive after crashes.

Hope everything goes well with helihobby again.

I was looking at pictures from the IRCHA heli jamboree and there were some very cool looking helicopters. I wish I could go to one someday.

Nick
Old 07-27-2008, 08:32 AM
HeliStyle

right now im using the flat bottom blades, the e-flite ones and rotarydoc those screws that you ordered looks like team losi mini-t screws look about the same size, you should look into them you can buy the screw set and even titatiunum ones also
Old 07-27-2008, 05:22 PM
HeliStyle

just went to the hobby store and bought a bunch of replacement parts for the cp pro, extra set of main blades, two tail motors, 2 sets of landing skids, tail blade, tail boom, 2 main shafts/gear and extra set pins,
Old 07-27-2008, 05:30 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

That sounds very cool, now you will have most crash parts "in stock" LOL

Have you rebuilt the CPP yet?

I test flew the Gaui earlier, but only for half a pack before the storms came. It looks like it might be kinda nice later on, maybe I'll get to fly.

I have been on the simulator all day. I am realizing that if I can't do something on the sim, I might as well not try it for real...that is how I crashed the Gaui, trying something that I was uncomfortable with. I think it's better to just stick with stuff that I have gotten down pat on the sim before trying it for real. Especially on the Gaui, it's a difficult heli to rebuild!!

Have you given any more thought to the next heli, or are you going to stick it out with the CPP for awhile?

I am thinking about going ahead and getting another G110 gyro for my CPP, since that is all I need to make it flyable. It would be a good crash test dummy for my experiments, before I try things out on the Gaui or B400! LOL

Hope you get some flying time in soon,

Glenn
Old 07-27-2008, 08:09 PM
HeliStyle

lol yeah all the parts I need now, I haven't decided on a next heli, I really want a new one, but its hard for me right now to justify buying a heli because of the wedding right now, I would feel bad spending 200 dollars on one, and personally I would rather get a blade 400 or belt cp, I feel like a honey bee king two im just settling for something I dont really want so I think im going to wait, and try to be just satisfied for what the cp pro is lol
Old 07-27-2008, 09:22 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

That sounds like a good idea. You really don't need a new heli right now, especially with all the big plans.

I would really like to see you be able to get a Blade 400, even if you have to wait a while to get it. You would be very happy with it, I am certain of that...

It's almost impossible to beat the B400 for what you get for the money. The radio alone is a great thing to have...you can always use it on other models later on, if you wanted.

I had a great day today flying. I flew the Gaui after the rebuild and Microheli tail, and it flies great...and I had alot of fun with the Blade 400 as well.

I am glad that the rebuild turned out well, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get it back to flying well again.

I'll tell ya, I think that the fact that I spent 4 hours on the sim before flying today really, really helped me alot...I need to do more of that. It almost seemed easier to fly the real thing than the sim...

How is the CPP coming along? Ready to fly some more tomorrow? LOL

Have fun!

Glenn
Old 07-27-2008, 10:22 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear you got the Gaui flying again and had a good flying day.

I got three flights in today. The heat index was 106, so I didn't feel like going to the warbird show. I hope it cools off tomorrow.

Nick
Old 07-28-2008, 01:57 PM
HeliStyle

nah prob no flying for me today, I might be taking a new job and such so I have alot to do today
Old 07-28-2008, 07:47 PM
rotarydoc

Nick, Heli,

What's up guys?

Not much here, decided to take it easy and fly the Quark tonight. When I got to the baseball field, there was a game. Then I went to another place, and got all set up, and the wind picked up out of nowhere...so I packed it up and came home.

Didn't feel much like flying anyways, I hate Mondays...I'm always tired from the weekend.

Well, I ordered a G110 gyro from the eBay seller that I got my spare B400 and motor from. It was only $45...can't go wrong with that. I MAY end up putting it in the CPP as a project for this coming weekend. I got to looking and thinking, and the gyro is all I need to get the CPP back up in the air. I have plenty of blades and other crash parts, I may just use it as a "crash test dummy" for a while, when I want to learn something new...LOL Like if I am not comfortable doing sweeping left hand turns...just give it a whirl on the CPP, instead of crashing the B400 or Gaui! I don't know...I can always use a spare gyro.

Hope you guys are having fun...

Nick, I don't blame you for missing the show, I certainly would not go out and stand in 106 degree heat either!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.