Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:28 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Let's see if I make a new page LOL

Ya always gotta be clownin' huh ?!...[8D]...LMAO... Cool ya tried idle up.... That's your assist switch for sending it to the moon..... Have a good one Evan.... Oh.... BTW.... I wasn't here..... Looks like I got the 'new page'.....

~ Jeff

Old 12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
rotarydoc

JEFF!!

I see you !!!!

HOW the heck are ya???

We've been wondering if you made it through the mountain passes, or what?!!

Great to see you are at least out there lurking...[X(][X(]

How's everything??

Glenn
Old 12-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Evan T.

Of corse he says something and then logs off lol

Yeah it was pretty cool and loud. Well it's good to see you back dude!! How is your house is it kinda weird to be back in your own home. I bet it was nice to kiss the tires of all your toys in the garage (mini hobby center) lol I'm sure it's raining huh?

Do you ever go to sushi land? Me and my aunt went there every night when I visited her in Seattle last Martin Luther King Jr. holiday...

"I have a dream" lol....... What about a pile of bananas lol
Old 12-15-2008, 10:10 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

It's good to see you on again. Are you going to be able to get any sleep catching up on all the threads? LOL I can't remember if I said this before you left or not, but I brought back the Belt CP and I am almost done fixing the CPP. I am attaching a new tail section right now and waiting for the CA to dry. I was having trouble getting my EXACTO knife into some spots to enlarge the tail casing for the DD motor, so I just took my drill press and used it like a mill and that made it a lot easier. Hope you can get some flying in with the 500 sometime soon and hope you have good weather.

Nick
Old 12-16-2008, 03:32 AM
JPEE

Hey Jeffery-Michael the INVISABLE MAN...............glad your home and safe We were keeping our fingers crossed with you riding the high country and all.

JPee
Old 12-16-2008, 12:17 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nice to see everyone still playing. Yeah, I got home fine... What a drive ! I drove the whole shot in one day which was 17 hours and 1,150 miles...LOL... I left at 2:00 a.m. Monday morning of last week, and got home the same day at 7:00 p.m. My car was so full I could hardly shift. My top mirror was obstructed, along with also my passenger side mirror also. That sucked ! But the trick was just to memorize who's there in those blindpots, and then floor the car, and then make the lane change. LMAO...

What a weather change for me, from warm sunny California to cold, snowy Washington... I'am freezing...LMAO... Its 8:30 a.m. right now, and its 24.6 degrees outside, with snow still on the ground from the other day, and more snow for wednesday coming up.

All my heli's are just sitting, but at least unpacked and ready for who knows when.... In fear of losing what I have gained in my flying skills, since I've been home I've made sure I have gotten on G4 and flew on the simulator everyday. And sometimes trying for an hour of flight... I also have kept up on everypost on this thread and a few others since I left, so I know what ya all are getting into...

The first thing I did the other day was dust off the ol' RC-Cars, for some winter time fun ! I'am waitng for the ice and snow to melt on the road a little to take out my buggy and rip it up on the road... The snow was fun for awhile, but gotta keep the electronics somewhat dry...LOL... I just picked up a new set of tires for it, as the others were bald and still good, but no traction for when its wet outside. The buggy screams like a madman with my Trex 450 3-cells running the Novak brushless system. Its pure crazy ! I'll have to try and post a video, once I can take it to a bigger area. I bet Heli is excited to get his brushless set-up for his Pede... A big diff on power/performance. Your only suppose to run 2-cells in the Novak brushless system I have in the buggy, but as you know me, I still had to try the ol' 3-cells in there..... They do really well, and man that thing is fast... So fun... I just soldered some EC3 connectors on some of the car stuff, but I need to do my E-Maxx next, as its more fun in the snow, as it is 4 wheel drive/posi traction, and more suited for the snow as its clearance is much greater...

Oh.... Glenn... I see ya lost yer message again a page or so back....LMAO...Twice !...Also remember, you can try and hit 'ctrl z' and it will undo your last command or whatever...

Yeah Nick, now I feel for ya for the cold bro...LOL... I need to try and fire up the 450, but its been so cold from what I'am used to that it makes it challenging. But where you live it gets VERY cold ! It usually just averages in the upper 20's lower 30's at night here. The sun is out now, but still cold... Sequim actually has pretty mild weather. Our rainfall averages only about 16" a year, as it sits in the banana belt... We get the least amount from the whole state. And is comparable to L.A.'s rainfall amount... A lot of Californians have property here in Sequim, or are retired living here as the weather is usually pleasant.

Well JPEE, I remembered what wool socks and long underwear are really quick ! No more short sleeve shirts until Spring for me... Enjoy that sun you dogg...LOL...

Oh.... Evan.... Don't forget on your idle up that there is an idle 2....LMAO.... At least I think the DX6i has it..... Use that idle-up in those windier conditions, it will help you a lot. Also just get used to flipping and using the idle-ups, as in time very shortly it won't even phase you when you are in the idle-up mode, and I prefer to always be in it and only use Normal mode for landing and taking off. For me, I just feel like I have more control with the higher head speeds that my idle-ups offer...

Take care guys.... I'll check in from time to time, or see ya on G4 perhaps....

~ Jeff
Old 12-16-2008, 12:29 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Good to hear you are having fun with your RC cars and practicing on G4 during the winter months. I just got 1-2in. of snow.

Nick
Old 12-16-2008, 03:23 PM
evdreamer

I went to go test fly the CPP and the gyro was reversed, so it spun out of control and there was no way to stop it since the brushed ESC is controlled by the gyro. So I put a new tail rotor on and put some new CA on the tail case and hope to try it again sometime soon.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:56 PM
JPEE

Hey Jeff and Nick,

Jeff...............you should have been a cross country trucker! LOL Enjoy home and family and your RC cars in the snow. Oh! as you call me a dog ARF ARRF Gurrrrrrrr! LMAOfffff

Nick, bad news on that reversed gyro as Jeff would say YIKES!!! I had a 400 do that to me that bought on Ebay. I thought all was right and started up the RPMS in the garage one night. As you know at the special moment that punk spun like a top, scared the crap-pollie out of me.
The clouds opened up here so I got 2.5 packs in and it was good, but not great. The flying was great but the condtions were tough. When it is overcast I can't see my orientation very well. This old boy needs SUN LIGHT! I also found something else out, this part is for you, the site Engineer. I generally fly three eflite 1800 packs. They charge up about the same. Last time out, I think Sunday I tried taking off in 401 old faithful and she started to wag and............I heard the rpms go down. I landed and thought perhaps I had put in an expended battery that I did not charge. I put in another battery and off I flew AOK. I charged all of my packs last night on a hunch and went out this morning. I had marked that ??? battery on Sat. I put it in first this morning and up and off I went. Within 1 minute LVC came in and down she started. I just puncher her out and got control and came in squirrly but good. Then I checked the volage right then. 3.9/ 3.9/ 4.1 to like 11.1 total. I slapped another pack in and flew, then another after that and she flew sweet on both packs. So I guess this battery has lost its abiltiy to fully charge and discharge properly. Almost all of my packs when fully charged come to 4.19 to 4.2. Now the numbers reflected above show that the overall the voltage is not bad but I think/know the C rating to carry the load is gone!

Ice here on the grass and the roofs were white as well with think frost so my fingers got a bit cold this morning. See you guys later tonight JPEE
12:56 p.m.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:16 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear you got to fly today. On that one battery are you using the stock charger or your C505 or both stock first then C505? Is it an E-Flite battery? Because I have a E-Flite CX battery that did something similar to me on my Gaui at the fun fly. It was charged and one minute into the flight the LVC kicked in. Have you ever overdischarged that battery. I also hear that when a LiPo is charged all the way and you take it into the cold the Voltage will increase ruining the battery.

Nick
Old 12-16-2008, 04:33 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Now I have the motor wires soldered on backwards. I couldn't remember what way they went when using the stock tail case and the CA wasn't fully cured and the tail case tilted on the ground. I am too impatient to get the CPP flying again.

Nick
Old 12-16-2008, 05:42 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

Now I have the motor wires soldered on backwards. I couldn't remember what way they went when using the stock tail case and the CA wasn't fully cured and the tail case tilted on the ground. I am too impatient to get the CPP flying again.

Nick
Nick,

Don't you just hate that. As the school crosswalk sign says...... WALK don't RUN...... and you'll be safer LOL. We all make these silly mistakes at one time or another when we get rushed.

I used the little LED meter that shows my voaltage per cell as well as the battery total voltage. I found it to be fairly accurate. Then I put all of the batteries including the"trouble battery on the C505" for a second review. So to make sure I got the best discharge and charge I did use the C505 to charge it, but it looks like it was to avail. I will give it another try as I am not walking away from $63.00 without a fight. Also this was used battery that came with my Ebay 400 so I have no idea how it was previously treated.

JPee

Attached Images  
Old 12-16-2008, 08:16 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys, hows everyone? Can someone help with with inputs on doing right hand turns looking from the tail of the helicopter, I can nose in hover really good now, can do pretty much everything else, but Im still having trouble with right hand turns for some reason
Old 12-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Evan T.

while going forward keep the right stick forward and then move it to the right at the same time aiming kinda for the upper right hand corner of the of the tx and use right rudder more for a sharper turn and less for a more wide turn if this doesnt make since nick will explain it better lol
Old 12-16-2008, 09:07 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Sorry to hear you have had some setbacks on the CPP setup...but with the weather the way it is for you, looks like you have plenty of time to iron things out...I see where the high there was predicted to be like 14 degrees today...man that is COLD!

JPEE,

Glad you got some flights in, and sorry to hear about the battery. I'll be the previous owner really abused that pack, from the way you described the condition of the heli when you got it, sounds like the guy before you didn't have a clue, so it's no wonder he didn't take care of the pack...

Carl,

You still out there?[sm=confused.gif]

Heli,

Hey! Glad to see you are still practicing with the Walkera. Nick was telling me that he saw one in person, and it's about the size of an MCX..I didn't realize it was that small.

Evan gave you some good tips there...the only thing I would add is that when I was learning, I found that sometimes, the heli would "get away" from me in turns, especially slower, tighter turns...and I found if I gave it a bit of rearward elevator (pull back a little on the right stick about halfway through the turn) the heli was more managable and didn't have that tendancy to run away...

Evan,

Is it still cold there in TX? I'll bet your Ball Python and the Leopard Gecko don't like the cold one bit...LOL[sm=omg_smile.gif]

I'm all good, getting ready to ship my Eflite 40 amp ESC to Horizon later this week. I was going to wait until after the holitdays, but I got my dad a watch for Christmas, and I need to mail it anyways...so I'll have to wait in some outrageous line at the post office later this week...[]

Glenn
Old 12-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Evan T.

alright time to brake the silence ladies "lets just talk heli" lol remember my thread
Old 12-16-2008, 11:09 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

So, did you get some gloves and go flying yet?

If you did, are you practicing idle up at all?

If you do experiement with idle up, just keep in mind that it uses up the battery much more quickly than just normal head speeds do...so you would do good to limit the flight times a bit more if you use more idle up.

Did you ask for any heli stuff for Christmas?

Glenn

Old 12-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Evan T.

Glenn,

Yeah I flew two packs today but can't find any gloves that I can actually hold the tx with lol and I raised the headspeed to stock settings and worked on piros and switching into idle up in the air and piros in idle up it's pretty fun but my hands are kinda small compared to yalls so it's kinds hard to flip the switches lol

Oh and yeah all my reptiles are being really slow and lazy lol they all have different personalities especially my bearded dragon he's funny.

I can't really get any heli stuff which I really want to because I need to buy my bearded dragon a huge tank and setup and then I need to put money in my bank account because I only have 10 bucks right now lol but I might have atleast $100 bucks for like servos or a battery
Old 12-17-2008, 12:11 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Sounds like you are making great progress

Yeah, I had the same issue with the gloves, I just didn't feel comfortable with them on, don't have very good control of the sticks at all...

That is great that you are at the stock headspeed and doing well with it. It's a bit initimidating at first, but then you get used to it...and the heli is more stable, but a bit more twitchy, which you have already found out....keep up the great practice!

I used to have a hard time getting my Ball Pythons to eat when the the temperature was too cool...they get really sluggish too, as you said. I had zero luck with my Leopard Gecko, he would never eat any crickets, and eventually died.[]

I actually bred a couple of my snakes, they had babies. Pretty cool. The babies are really hard to get to eat though. [X(]

That is cool that you are getting a bigger cage for the Bearded Dragon. He looks cool in your pics. Some of my favorite snakes that I had when I had my collection come from Texas....Gray Banded King snakes...grey with orange bands...very, very pretty snakes.

Hope you have a little bit left over for some heli stuff. It's good that you are putting money in your bank account too...

Hope you can get some more flying in tomorrow.

Have a nice rest of the week...

Glenn
Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Gotta go, to get some sleep....worky time tomorrow morning...

Catch ya later!

Glenn
Old 12-17-2008, 12:34 AM
Evan T.

Peace
Old 12-17-2008, 02:44 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I wonder if your trouble battery can hold a normal Voltage under a load. I bet an EagleTree would tell you all the answers you want to know, but they are kind of expensive.

Helistyle,

Evan and Glenn pretty much covered your turn. I think when I learned I made like a box shape. Where I would start tail in and go forward a little. Then go side in and forward a little. Then go nose in and forward a little. And side in and foward. And back to tail in and start all over. Then once you can do that try and bank the heli while adding down elevator. Anyways that is what I am doing for inverted circles.

Glenn,

I needed a Forestor today going to work. There was a lot of ice and 4WD would have made it easier. I was 15min late to work since there was bumper to bumper traffic for a mile and took forever to get going faster than 5MPH. Yeah it was another cold day. I have been testing the CPP in the garage, so it was a little warmer than outside. I got $69 for selling my Physics book back. It is nice to have some more money again. Now I have two weeks to goof off and fly some if I can.

Evan,

I have been in the same situation with hardly any money in the checking account. I used to be really good at saving money before I knew about RC helis then the balance kept going down. I have learned to control my impulse buying of heli stuff for the most part and the balance is finally going up.

Nick
Old 12-17-2008, 07:46 AM
HeliStyle

thanks evan, glenn and Nick, Nick that box thing you mentioned is a good idea, never thought of it that way, makes it alittle easier now, I think the reason why im having a hard time is im still not 100 percent comfortable at nose in, Im getting alot better and dont crash now, but every now and then I have to correct it from a near crash.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Carljw

Glenn
I am still here just lurking. Not much new but I ordered a Outrage XP20 2500mah battery
yesterday to get me started once I get the servos and gyro.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:47 AM
HeliStyle

Lol this is funny, on rcgroups I gave someone advice and I order so much from rotorfever.com that the owner Put my name on his homepage it says in honor of helistyle 10% off to everyones order and the coupon code is helistyle, I thought that was neat lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.