Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:27 AM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

Lol this is funny, on rcgroups I gave someone advice and I order so much from rotorfever.com that the owner Put my name on his homepage it says in honor of helistyle 10% off to everyones order and the coupon code is helistyle, I thought that was neat lol
Helistyle, your name is in lights! Your now Famous........enjoy this you certainly deserve it!

Nick, what is a Eagle Tree? I'll do a search and see what it is. For God sake stay warm back there. Took the thermostate CLEAR down to 60 last night and with three blankets I still froze, don't know how you guys do it.

Carl, congrads on the new power pack. Did you get a 5-6 cell?

Glenn, I never asked but is the garage area enclosed where you work? meaning is that area where the work is done heated to some degree?

Evan, what a great calling taking care of pets. It is a good feeling and an awsome responsibilty to care for critters and such.

JPEE 6:26 a.m.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Carljw

ORIGINAL: JPEE

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

Lol this is funny, on rcgroups I gave someone advice and I order so much from rotorfever.com that the owner Put my name on his homepage it says in honor of helistyle 10% off to everyones order and the coupon code is helistyle, I thought that was neat lol
Helistyle, your name is in lights! Your now Famous........enjoy this you certainly deserve it!

Nick, what is a Eagle Tree? I'll do a search and see what it is. For God sake stay warm back there. Took the thermostate CLEAR down to 60 last night and with three blankets I still froze, don't know how you guys do it.

Carl, congrads on the new power pack. Did you get a 5-6 cell?

Glenn, I never asked but is the garage area enclosed where you work? meaning is that area where the work is done heated to some degree?

Evan, what a great calling taking care of pets. It is a good feeling and an awsome responsibilty to care for critters and such.

JPEE 6:26 a.m.

JPEE
I got a 6 cell I see in the book you can also use a 5 and even a 4 cell, I wonder how a
4 cell would work out.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:46 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

lmao, nah just thought it was funny though
Old 12-17-2008, 11:26 AM
JPEE

Hey Carl,

I am doing what Glenn did and use all of my 1800 3 cell packs doubled up. Silly or not I have tried only buy products, helis and planes tha tuse the same batteries. Of course my Helis 401-402 are the same. My T-28 plane again is the same battery. Now I will use those same packs to fly the 500. A guy can save a lot of $$$$ in my opinio taking the patch I have. Of course when I use the MCX batteries on the 500 I'll need about 75 of them LMAO!!!!

Helistyle, it is still hoot for ya forsure!

JPee

Old 12-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Carljw

[quote]ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hey Carl,

I am doing what Glenn did and use all of my 1800 3 cell packs doubled up. Silly or not I have tried only buy products, helis and planes tha tuse the same batteries. Of course my Helis 401-402 are the same. My T-28 plane again is the same battery. Now I will use those same packs to fly the 500. A guy can save a lot of $$$$ in my opinio taking the patch I have. Of course when I use the MCX batteries on the 500 I'll need about 75 of them LMAO!!!!

Helistyle, it is still hoot for ya forsure!

JPee

[/quot

Jpee
I only have two E-Flite 1800 batterys and one TP 2100 and one E-Force 1800. for my B400.
So I got a Y adapter for the two E-Flite 1800s and I will have one 6Cell to get me going.
I dont think it would be a good idea to run the E-Force 1800 and the TP 2100 together.
I hope the 6cell comes before the wife gets home from work. She sees I spent another
$150.00 she will beat me like a red headed step child LOL
Old 12-17-2008, 05:37 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Here is a link to the EagleTree. http://www.readyheli.com/EagleTree_M...3-conn-100.htm For some reason I thought they were way over a hundred dollars, but I guess for what it can do $70 isn't too bad. You can measure current and Voltage of the battery, and servos during flight and see if anyone of those were acting up. And then you can upload that data into your computer and it makes a line graph of what went on during the flight. I thought it would make it easy for you if you could see any up and down spikes in the Voltage of your bad battery during a flight and you could guestimate when the LVC turned on and look at the graph for anything that looks out of the normal.

Nick
Old 12-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys I was just flying and of corse someone had to come and I had to explain how everything worked and such and then I ended up telling them about what you had to do to get started and stuff so now my battery probably won't be done in time for another flight
Old 12-17-2008, 06:08 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

I think that is fun explaining our hobby to other people. That is what I do a lot at my fun flys I go to because most people fly coaxials and are interested in the Collective Pitch helis. Then the more people that are interested in it, the more people I can fly with.

Nick
Old 12-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Evan T.

I think it's cool to but when I have time today I didn't have time because I like to fly twice before it gets dark and now I might not be able to since my battery still needs like ten minutes and it's practically dark now.

Does the c505 charger charge any faster then the stock one because 1hr is to long for me to fit 2 flights in before dark since it's winter
Old 12-17-2008, 07:05 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

An hour is about the standard time for charging LiPo's. The only way around it is to get more batteries. The Hyperion LiPo's can charge at 2C and 3C which is almost as fast as A123 charging, but you need a Hyperion charger and battery to charge at those rates.

Nick
Old 12-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys I couldn't help myself I had to go and fly under the street light lol and I did it without the training gear for the first time yesssss it felt so weird at first because it seemed smaller and it looked like it was moving around more even though it wasn't
Old 12-17-2008, 07:22 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Good to hear you flew without the training gear. I have flown in the dark a couple of times with the CPP. I had my flood lights on and was going off the couple of lights on the heli.

Nick
Old 12-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Evan T.

yeah i was using the gyro light lol it was hard to see it the heli was going back or forward since it blended into the background
Old 12-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Evan T.

if not it lol
Old 12-17-2008, 09:17 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Hope your weather hasn't been too bad, I read the USA Today every day at lunch, and since I know people on RCU now in a bunch of different areas on the weather map, it's fun to see how everyone's weather is. It looks like you didn't go above freezing, but it's not as brutal as is was there for you... I just have to figure where in each state everyone else is...Lincoln is one of the cities listed, but I need to figure out where Jeff is in Washington state, and what it is near (Sequim?), and I'm not too sure about Evan's or especially Carl's. Heli's is somewhere in CT...

It's kinda cool to look at and think about everyone's weather. JPEE has it made...LOL...he's usually nice and perfect for flying, but I think he's having a cold snap over there too...

Evan,

That is cool that you flew in the dark, and without training gear too!

Not to suggest that you even consider it, but the C505 has totally adjustable output...so you COULD charge the pack faster, but it's a really bad idea. Both from a battery health standpoint, and from a fire hazard too...as Nick stated, it takes a hour to charge most Lipos at 1C, or one times the battery's rating...but you can charge faster, at say 1.5C, and it will go a little faster. But it's definetely not worth the risk, especially the fire risk. [sm=omg_smile.gif]

I do charge my little Quark 430 mAh packs at 600 mAh...but they stay nice and cool, and they are pretty small packs. They take about 30 minutes to charge like that....at roughly 1.5C or so...but my bigger packs, like the 1800, and 2100 packs for the B400/T500, I religiously stick with the 1C charging rate and make sure I'm being safe...

Glenn
Old 12-17-2008, 09:32 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah JPEE has great weather. I stayed inside all day, so I didn't have to venture out in the cold. Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty bad with rain and eventually freezing after that. The roads are going to be horrible. Least I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. I just want to fly outside again.

I went to test the CPP again, but once I got the tail motor spinning the right way the gyro was reversed again. So the heli spun out of control again. But I found out if I turn the transmitter off the tail stopped spinning out of control. So I reglued it again and hope I can finally test it again tomorrow in the garage.

I was snooping on Helifreak and I finally found out what some washers were for on my 600. They are used on the A-Arm shaft to prevent side to side play, but the manual didn't say anything about them. So I checked the shaft and there was play in it and once I put the washers in, no play.

Nick
Old 12-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Evan T.

the stock charger charges at 1.5 amps
Old 12-17-2008, 09:35 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

The stock B400 charger's output is 1.8 amps.

At least mine does...lol

Glenn
Old 12-17-2008, 09:42 PM
J-MICHAEL

but I need to figure out where Jeff is in Washington state, and what it is near (Sequim?),

Glenn ~

Its snowing again here today, and for tonight also. The weather has been about 25-35 degrees averaging the last few days. I did hover the 450 in the small garage yesterday, and tried a Vapor flight in my small backyard. Flying also on G4 everyday.... Sequim is located on the Olympic Penninsula up in the North Eastern part of the state, and looking across the Strait of Juan De Fuca and staring across to Vancouver Island and Canada. Its a small town of 5,000 people, and not much around except for a bigger city nearby about 20 minutes away which is a little bigger. The weather map below shows that Sequim is located right above the "S" where it says Port Angeles.

~ Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11846.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1091830   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64943.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1091831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd84003.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1091832  
Old 12-17-2008, 09:43 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yuck, that weather sounds horrible. I'd rather have snow than really cold rain...at least it looks cool...for a while at least, until it gets all dirty and crappy looking..[:'(]

Hope you can get a test flight in the garage on the CPP tomorrow. I should be flying the Quark at work after hours, but I have been a little busy with stuff around here lately.

I finally got a return email from Align, or Align's importer, not sure who, just someone named Frank. He asked me (concerning the wacky servo on the 500) where and when I bought it. And then someone said to try another rebind, making sure that the servos are centered beforehand. I went to check that, and the servo is not acting up now at all..LOL...so I don't know what I am going to do yet. I may write the Align guy back and see what happens.

I just got done packing up my Eflite 40 amp ESC for shipping to Horizon. I'll brave the post office tomorrow night after work...lol.

I flew the B400 on G4 again last night, and it definately has more power than RL, but is otherwise pretty darn close. It makes it seem more realistic when you are flying a heli that looks just like what you are used to seeing.

Glad you found out what the extra washers were for...I am still not sure of some of the leftovers in my 500 ESP box...[sm=omg_smile.gif]

Glenn
Old 12-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Evan T.

oh my bad i said that without looking at it i was just going from what i thought lol
Old 12-17-2008, 09:51 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Jeff,

Wow, thanks for the detailed maps, and the live radar...LMAO!!

Looks like Seattle will do for your location...the maps in USA today only have a few major cities listed, for space reasons....but I have fun just looking at everyone's weather. It's a pretty sure bet that JPEE has the best weather, and that either Heli or Nick have the coldest...kinda a close call there sometimes...but I would bet that Heli gets more snow than Nick.

I didn't realize you got that much snow action up that way, I always pictured it as more of a rain event up that way....

I rarely get much snow, but once in a blue moon, it will dump on us here. Like in 1996...two back to back BIG storms, and it left us with 23 inches of snow here! I was snowed in for days... and roofs collapsing everywhere, even big deparment stores and stuff...it was a winter to remember, for sure!

Hope all is well, and nice to hear that you are keeping the stick fingers busy, whether on G4, or a little RL flying with the vapor and such...

Have you had a chance to download the B400 for G4 yet? Pretty realistic, but a bit overpowered...kinda fun to fly, actually..

Glenn
Old 12-17-2008, 09:54 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

It's all good...it matches the stock batteries output of 1.8 amps/1800 milliamps.[8D]

It's quite slow to charge my 2100 packs. That is where the C505 comes in handy...just bump it up to 2.1 amps for those....

As Nick pointed out, the best way to have more flight time, is to buy more batteries, no other way around it....

What big city in TX are you near, so I can follow your weather?

Glenn

Old 12-17-2008, 09:58 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Least I am not the only one getting the snowy weather. Good to hear you got to fly the Vapor. I had fun flying the Vapor at the indoor fun fly, but I don't know if I will get one since I want more batteries for the 450 and 600.

Glenn,

Hope you get some free time to fly the Quark.

That took a long time to get a response from someone at Align.

Hope the lines aren't too long at the post office.

Yeah I like flying the T-Rex 600 on G4 for that same reason that is seems more realistic. But mine is much more stable than the one on the sim so it is a little different.

Nick
Old 12-17-2008, 10:23 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Carl: Gotcha on the batteries. Hope the little woman did not see that package come today LOL. I would not want to mix those other batteries which you spoke of either. I also got the Y harness for my 1800's. I might buy one more 2200 as I have one now then I would have two set-ups to fly with.

Nick: Thanks for the link on the electronic montor. I did go to their site and did some reading and it sounds pretty spiffy. But the $70.00 while it doesn't scare me I do want to try and re-charge that troubled pack again and see how that goes. Sorry the CPP is getting ugly with ya. Hang in there
JPEE's weather today: 47 degrees, windy with rain and a thunderstorm or two this evening followed by a few lingering showers overnight. Low 36F. N winds at 20 to 30 mph, diminishing to 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%. While it is not what your going through back there, shes pretty cold and wet for Sunny California Boy!

Glenn: Get your chores done so you can SIM a bit and fly those MCX's out there! Tell Frank that I said to just send you a new servo, I give my full autorization!!!

Jeff: The other night I looked around for an active weather map like you attached and came up Zero! But as always you DONE GOOD kid. I feel good knowing your up on the border ah-guardin us down in the lower 48.

Evan: WOW WOW no trainers......good on you!

JPee
7:18 p.m.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.