Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 12:36 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Jeff,

You dont need to cover the motor because the water wont hurt it but i would cover the esc receiver and servo just to be safe and dont worry about a fire cause you should be fine

Glenn

That theory or whatever is pretty cool but would be really scary if you were the pilot

Yeah I definately need to do the RX especially... I even have some foam wrap for wrapping the RX's, so i'll have to do that also... I love the brushless motors, or at least Novak's as they are literally air-tight, and no dirt or water can really get in there compared to the countless brushed motors I have on the shelf which can take in the dirt and debris and clutter up the components/brushes inside the can... I'am not sure on the ESC, if I can cover it very well, as it has a fan built in to the front of the ESC, and might get snarled up on the balloon, but I could configure something else easy to cover it though... It seems pretty tight also, but water will always find its way huh ?!...

~ Jeff
Old 12-19-2008, 02:18 PM
JPEE

Hello Jeff,

Yea howdy we are freezing our little tookus's off down here in sunny Cal. This is not what the brochure promised LOL. It is cool right now and all of the morning ice has melted. The cold has gone through my shoes and my feet are pounding. Right clothes or not I dont know how you stand it! I just did 1 pack on the CX2 out front and 1 pack in the MCX. I can't fly as I have "a to do list" that must be done amd some errands as well. Glad to see your well and having fun. Thanks for the tip on the CAM. I am texting my daughter now to have her look for it and see what it is.

Smiles JPee
Old 12-19-2008, 02:39 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

This time the CPP flew great. It was pretty stable in a hover with the stock transmitter. I seem to have some glitching with the tail. I don't know if it was caused by the transmitter or the gyro didn't like the cold. But it would kick out every once in awhile and I couldn't lower the gain enough to get it to stop wagging. I will try it out when the weather is warmer and see how it goes.

Nick
Old 12-19-2008, 06:44 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

haven't recieved the brushless system as of yet, still waiting for it to arrive, I can't wait to get it though, I won't beable to do much as far as rc's here for awhile, about 10 inches of snow on the ground now and expecting another 4 or so by the end of this storm, then there is suppose to be another storm here on sunday, to much snow for my liking
Old 12-19-2008, 11:18 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Did I read that right....you are using the stock TX on the CPP?? If so, how is that working out? [sm=confused.gif]

Jeff,

Sounds like you are having lots of fun with the cars now that you are back home...will be looking forward to the videos when the snow melts...

Evan,

Yeah, I would imagine that the settling with power would be very scary in real life....my buddy that came to visit from Iraq who flies Chinook helis was very familiar with the phenomenon, as any real heli pilot has to be. But he has never experienced it in real life, especially since the Chinook is a twin rotor heli...[X(]

JPEE,

Nice to hear that we aren't the only ones with miserable weather lately...lol..looks like Evan wins the nice weather-of-the-week contest this week...[>:]

Heli,

Yeah, the snow is cool at first, but that wears off pretty quickly. If the temps were lower here, I would have lots of snow too...but I'm just getting rain here...[X(]

Carl,

6 days....LOL!

Gotta work tomorrow, and I'm pretty beat from today. The economy may be bad, but there is no shortage of cars to work on at my shop...

Glenn
Old 12-20-2008, 02:02 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I am using the stock transmitter and it is just as stable as when I was using the DX7 and I don't have flybar weights on either.

It looks like almost everyone is getting snow and I am getting ice. It took a long time to scrape off my windows on my car because there was a thick layer of ice and there still is on my roof and trunk.

Sorry to hear that you have to work on Saturday, but I found out today I get to work on Christmas Eve.[&o]

Nick
Old 12-20-2008, 05:57 PM
evdreamer

Finless has started build videos of the Gaui V2 and the T-Rex 250! It is only what is inside the box, but still pretty cool.

I also saw some build videos of the Compass Odin 90 and it looks like they are taking some ideas from the car world. They aren't using a mechanical fan on the motor anymore and using an electric brushless fan to keep it cool. Still wating on fuel injection. LOL

Nick
Old 12-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Carljw

Glenn or any one that has any experance with a 6 cell battery
I got my Outrage 2500 mah 6cell today. I did not know that a 6cell has two
balance leads on them. I got a Y adapter with the battery. One end by itself
has a 7 pin that plugs into my JST XH charger balancer. the other end has two leads
one has 3 pin and the other 4 pin to mach the balance ends on the battery.
I take it that I use both balance plugs to ballance the battery is this correct.
I dont want to go BOOOOOOOM!!!!

Looking closer at the balance ends on the adapter one has 3 wires but there are 4 pins
in the plug and the other has 4 wires and 6 pins but they both fit the battery balance
plugs ok.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:01 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

Yeah on all TP leads there is always going to be two balance connectors for a 6S battery. On Align/E-Flite 6S batteries there is only 1 lead. Do you have the TP adaptor for the Hyperion charger? Yeah you need to use both balance leads to balance correctly. On the bottom of the TP adaptor it says "6S Series" and those are the two places you put the two balance leads at.

Nick
Old 12-20-2008, 07:11 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I CRASHED today...in my desperate attempt to get one flight in for the weekend...

It was dusk, and the visibility was quite low, the gyro light was the guiding light just before impact..LOL

I should have known better, especially when all the cars on the way to the field had their headlights on...[sm=omg_smile.gif]

The picture says it all.

It was, by far, the most spectacular looking crash I have ever seen, the blades and covering shattered into a million pieces on impact, I wish I had that one on video....sounded kinda cool too...LOL

Be back with a list of the damage so far...

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69769.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1093442  
Old 12-20-2008, 07:15 PM
rotarydoc

HMMM...this one's gonna add up...LOL!

Main blades
Flybar
Feathering shaft
Main shaft
Horizontal tail fin
Tail boom
Blade grips
Tail boom struts
Landing skids
Tail shaft
Main frame set

Looks like I'll have plenty to do over the holiday...

Well, it's off to the LHS to see if they have what I don't have "in stock"....LOL

More to come later...

Glenn
Old 12-20-2008, 07:25 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear about that. It looked like you bent the boom pretty bad. And I was wondering if you did something to the frame by the way the gyro is angled. And by your list it looked like something did happen to the frame. Hope the LHS can make the holiday better for you by having all the parts you need. Were you just flying around or trying flips? Did you loose orientation in the dark?

Nick
Old 12-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Carljw

Nick
Ok I see now I never looked at the TP adapter it does have the two plugs for 6cell.
I have a Hyperion EOS 0606i and I bought 3 adapters so I have 4 counting the one
that came with the charger that has Hyperion Adapter on it then I got a JST XH aJST EH
and the TP adapter so I think I got them all. I thought I had to use the Y adapter that
came with the battery but now I see I will just use the TP one. Thanks for clearing that
up. I think the Y cable that come with the battery is so you can use a JST XH adapter.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:59 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

Your welcome. I forgot that Outrage sends TP to Align/E-flite adaptors with their batteries. Now that I think about it I got adaptors for my 2S and 3S Outrage batteries. You can use the TP adaptor from Hyperion or the Y-adaptor from Outrage which ever is more convenient for you.

Nick
Old 12-20-2008, 08:46 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Nick,

Yeah, it was a pretty brutal crash, and yes, I lost orientation while I was doing a turn I am not too comfortable with...and the thing is, I just about saved it...but when it got closer to the ground (good thing!) I still just lost sight of the rotor disc, and couldn't tell what to do next...it was pretty dark, I should have known better. I was doing fine up until that point. Where I lost sight of it was against a backdrop of trees...and you know how that can be...[sm=omg_smile.gif]

Oh well, I have alot of time to rebuild this week with the holiday. The LHS did have everything, except for the horzontal fin...which is mainly cosmetic anyways.

The frame broke in 3 places where the landing gear attaches. I have heard about someone on here or somewhere with a fix, like fabricating a metal plate to attach to the frame, and then mount the LG to that...

I think this time, I'll go ahead and just replace the frames, it would be a good time to go through the entire heli anyways.

The good news is that the servos all seem fine. The MG servos really hold up well.

It looks like the total bill will be around $65 or so...not bad I guess, but kinda, for a B400.

I had some of the stuff in stock, so I only had to spend about $38 at the LHS....but I need to restock my inventory for the next crash at some point.

The LHS had about a dozen tailbooms, so I guess they are available now...lol

Glenn
Old 12-20-2008, 08:52 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is cool that Finless has started the vids on the 250 and V2, I'll definetly have to check them out!

When I went to pick up the B400 after the crash, it looked kinda like a real crash site...pieces everywhere, covering a good 25 foot radius...LOL! [X(]

It looked pretty cool, but not $65 worth of cool...LMAO!

Glenn
Old 12-20-2008, 09:01 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear the LHS had everything you needed in stock.

Yeah I think I will like the MG servos in my T-rex 450 and 600 after a crash.

Either E-Flite has a surplus of parts or no parts at all. It seems there is no in between.

Your crash reminded me of my pretty bad crash with the Belt CP last spring.

Nick
Old 12-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Evan T.

Well I flew three or four more packs today and started nose in hovering and slow ovals and I was flying at a field with a lot of room so it was more relaxing and fun. I wish I had some extra batteries now really bad I think I'm getting one for Christmas maybe two idk

Glenn sorry about the crash but the rebuild should be pretty fun cause you get to take the electronics out and then re route the wires and stuff lol
Old 12-20-2008, 10:01 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Good to hear you got to fly today and that you might get some batteries for Chirstmas.

You are lucky the weather is good for you to fly. It has been staying below 0 for awhile here and I haven't flown since. The only time I will be able to fly is at the indoor fun flys.

Nick
Old 12-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Evan T.

hey guys i just made a helifreak account lol
Old 12-20-2008, 10:47 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

I have one too plus a RCGroups one.

Nick
Old 12-20-2008, 10:49 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

That is great that you got some flying time in at a big field, that really helped my progress alot. I was trying to fly in too small an area, and always felt cramped. Sounds like you are making great progress with the nose in and ovals...keep up the good work, and keep practicing!

Thanks for the sympathy on the crash. A good rebuild will be good for me, and the heli...LOL

I have never stripped a B400 all the way down....soon I will have, and it will be a good experience for me.

Nick,

Sorry to hear that you are still freezing in your area.

Yeah, the Eflite parts situation is ridiculous sometimes, there is really no excuse now that the B400 has been out this long, I could see it before, when it was brand new...

Hope your club goes to indoor fun flys each Sunday, so you can have some fun over the winter months.

I mentioned your indoor fun flys to Rob, I'll have to see what he says/thinks...

Evan,

Helifreak is a very good site. You will enjoy it very much...just don't forget us over here...LOL! [X(]

Glenn
Old 12-20-2008, 10:52 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

What the heck is going on. I sign off for a few hours and everything goes in the dumper!

Glenn:

Looks like to dider-up right with the 400. I am sorry you lost your her to the mother earth. Right now you are where I was with 402 a month ago.
Main frame
Blades
Blade grip
F-Shaft
Flybar
Flybar cage
Boom
Boom struts
Main shaft
Main shaft screws top and bottom
Servo (1)
Canopy
Tail rotor belt shaft

ADDED WHILE APART
Belt
Belt drive off main gear
Main shaft top bear
Tail rotor bearings

Now with that said I am sure you don't feel anybetter do you? Simply put, it hurts when you go down. The work, the money, the fun of your first major 400 rebuild which for you should be a breeze after building the 500. Like me just finishing my major 402 rebuild primed me for the 500 build. See, everything happens for a reason........which would be mosty to line the freaking poctets of the Hobby Shop's LOL!

Evan.................good flying!

Nick...........keep those thermals on my friend.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:03 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The club president is thinking about going every Sunday in January and will email me if he decides to do that. He was asking everyone last time and the people that I heard said they wanted to go every Sunday too.

Cool to hear that you talked to Rob about the indoor fun flys. Hopefully someone can get it too work, so you can fly inside during the cold days.

JPEE,

Yeah I have been staying inside were it is warm as much as I can. Then in the summer it will be hanging around the 90s+. I get both extremes in tempature.

Nick
Old 12-20-2008, 11:35 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I was looking around at RC sites and I came across this micro pitch gauge. And it looks like it would work with the Gaui 200. http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...f62d5012e6bd0f

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.