Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:40 PM
ooberkan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

radio shack dont have them no more
they were gone like a few months to a year ago
so wolfpack batts r bad?
Old 04-09-2008, 08:22 AM
TIGER76

ORIGINAL: osr

ORIGINAL: TIGER76

lol my car had a bad day []
New 10turn motor tested on a few packs,lost 2 tyres flew off(glued),a front top arm(smashed) and snapped the standard battery holder(god knows how)

apart from all that weather was nice and sunny off to fix everything now
Now hold on a second. you lose 2 tyres, smash an arm and your not sure how the battery holder snapped ! [X(] No wonder you don't use lipo's !

LOL i know m8 dont usually break anything while driving but i had an crazy ideal of removing the propshaft and front dogbones to try rwd and on a 10t!!!just a bad bad ideal i clipped a few curbs lmao,but with the battery holder im still scratching my head[X(] i went head on into a curb while the back end flipped out on 4wd and noticed the battery holder facing outwards while driving []

wanted to see if there was a speed increase in running 4wd over awd well the results were no defo keep 4wd a LOT easier to control lol
Ive now fabbed a ali holder to use alot stronger also the ESC was unstuck from the chassis in midflight!! man those 10turns are awesome lol

And yes staying away from lipos for now......
Old 04-09-2008, 04:54 PM
osr

ORIGINAL: osr

lol my car had a bad day []
New 10turn motor tested on a few packs,lost 2 tyres flew off(glued),a front top arm(smashed) and snapped the standard battery holder(god knows how)

apart from all that weather was nice and sunny off to fix everything now
Now hold on a second. you lose 2 tyres, smash an arm and your not sure how the battery holder snapped ! [X(] No wonder you don't use lipo's !

LOL i know m8 dont usually break anything while driving but i had an crazy ideal of removing the propshaft and front dogbones to try rwd and on a 10t!!!just a bad bad ideal i clipped a few curbs lmao,but with the battery holder im still scratching my head[X(] i went head on into a curb while the back end flipped out on 4wd and noticed the battery holder facing outwards while driving []

wanted to see if there was a speed increase in running 4wd over awd well the results were no defo keep 4wd a LOT easier to control lol
Ive now fabbed a ali holder to use alot stronger also the ESC was unstuck from the chassis in midflight!! man those 10turns are awesome lol

And yes staying away from lipos for now......
Do you have any pics of your car ?

Im pleased so far with the lipo's. They have never even gotten warm when charging. If you stick to 1C and use a balance charger then you are as safe as any other lithium product really. (like your mobile's battery)

I put my car back together today with the new titanium prop shaft cups, 4wd again at last ! I might get a chance to run it tommorow, but if not then im stuffed untill later next week for any chance of a speed run. It's a busy time with the kids off school. Selfish so an so's.

I just bought a new shell and ordered some new tyres to use 'on road' in the mind of joining a track some time this year.
A long shot i know but does anyone use [link=http://www.brooklandraceway.co.uk/index.htm]Brookland Raceway ?[/link]

Old 04-10-2008, 05:48 PM
ooberkan

does anyone have the link for the tt-01 gear chart for what pinion fits w/ what spur?
if u do can u please post it?
Old 04-10-2008, 06:00 PM
blitzskiff

hey i have been a long time fan of the tt-01 but never owned one. I am debating the idea of getting a tt-01 R. I am just bashing and driving up and down my street but i want to build my next car. I like the tt-01 R because i am going to up aluminum or metal parts in any way. can someone fill me in about this kit thanks
Old 04-10-2008, 06:57 PM
chrisestt01

ORIGINAL: ooberkan

does anyone have the link for the tt-01 gear chart for what pinion fits w/ what spur?
if u do can u please post it?
Look at post 3966 or for a more comprehensive chart go to [link=http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=93146&highlight=tt-01+thread&page=30]RcTech post 871[/link]
Old 04-11-2008, 05:47 PM
ooberkan

what sive is the antenna on the tamiya expec (ttu-03) trasmitter?
Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 AM
TIGER76

You mean the size of the reciever wire m8?
this is the reciever in that kit
Tamiya TRU-01 BEC Receiver (made by Futaba) x 1
Old 04-14-2008, 04:50 PM
MarkedMenaceGTR

i just finished first bashing and it was soo fun[8D] i only had one crash but i survived from it with only scratches[X(] and i took litle video from it(onboard) but it wasn''t in best shape cos it had stock gearing and low battery[]

edit: oh i forgot the video here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poRmBmqRi8g
Old 04-14-2008, 04:59 PM
ooberkan

not not the reciver, the trasmitter
but i dont need it anymore
thanks anyway
Old 04-15-2008, 06:04 PM
bruceheltoniii

Are there any metal spur gears that would fit the TT-01? Also, does anyone have any suggestions for strapping down an 8-cell battery pack? I''ve just been using zip ties but it''s a pain. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:38 PM
mindwreck

Hey guys.. haven''t been in here in forever.. Hey Tiger.. seems like your taking good care of this thread without me

miss running my tt-01.. still have it but i just don''t have where to run it anymore.. The 6L mamba and 12cell system is still in there.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:45 PM
mindwreck

the low body lines of the courage interferes with the shock towers and diff on the front of the tt-01. The body is just too low profile for the tt-01.

The tt-01r is the tt-01 with a few factory hop-ups already included in the kit.

things included: oiled shocks. aluminum main shaft. Ball Bearings. adjustable arm set. optional spur gears and tamiyas GT tuned motor

First of all, can the ADVAN courage body fit onto this car? Or do i need to use the 2wd f103 chassis style?

Also, what are the differences between The TT-01R and the TT-01? (and is it worth the price)
Dont think that body would fit m8 as there different chassis,maybe with alot of modding tho..
The R version has some of the hopups already on so you save on buying the important ones to the standard TT
Old 04-15-2008, 09:53 PM
mindwreck

They dont'' seem to bad. They seem fine for normal bashing packs. But then again i haven''t seen anyone run them before.

so wolfpack batts r bad?
Old 04-15-2008, 09:59 PM
mindwreck

get one. They''re great cars and you won''t be disspointed. especially if you like aluminum customizing. There are so many parts for this car.. Get on off tower with the $10 off code on the front page to get one even cheaper.

ORIGINAL: blitzskiff

hey i have been a long time fan of the tt-01 but never owned one. I am debating the idea of getting a tt-01 R. I am just bashing and driving up and down my street but i want to build my next car. I like the tt-01 R because i am going to up aluminum or metal parts in any way. can someone fill me in about this kit thanks
Old 04-15-2008, 10:04 PM
mindwreck

haven''t seen anyone sell aluminum gears this car or try to mod one into it.. these onroad cars don''t need it even with brushless power. If your mesh is set right, your gears should be fine.. I run a 6L+mamba esc setup and on 14.4v it still does perfectly fine. it just won''t handle at all and its constantly smoking the tires..

ORIGINAL: bruceheltoniii

Are there any metal spur gears that would fit the TT-01? Also, does anyone have any suggestions for strapping down an 8-cell battery pack? I''''ve just been using zip ties but it''''s a pain. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:27 AM
j.m.

try strapping tape for holding your packs down. Looks like this:
http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/p...2_front200.jpg
It has strands of fiberglass in it to make it super strong.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:00 AM
TIGER76

ORIGINAL: mindwreck

Hey guys.. haven''''t been in here in forever.. Hey Tiger.. seems like your taking good care of this thread without me

miss running my tt-01.. still have it but i just don''''t have where to run it anymore.. The 6L mamba and 12cell system is still in there.
Hey m8 good to see you around thought its only fair to help others out as you helped me tons setting mine up [sm=thumbup.gif]
Its a shame yours hasnt been run in a while bet that mambas itching for a run hehe I think you should find a nice lil carpark and let that baby rip!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:05 PM
bruceheltoniii

haven't seen anyone sell aluminum gears this car or try to mod one into it.. these onroad cars don't need it even with brushless power. If your mesh is set right, your gears should be fine.. I run a 6L+mamba esc setup and on 14.4v it still does perfectly fine. it just won't handle at all and its constantly smoking the tires..

I never had any problems with stripping gears in this car when I had the Novak 5800 setup w/7 cells. But after about 20 minutes with the Mamba 7700 with 8 cells it stripped my spur gear. I can also hear the diffs screaming in pain

I must say this is the toughest RC car I've had. I've been running brushless for over a year now and besides the spur nothing has broken. I'm all stock except for an aluminum propeller shaft.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:21 PM
ooberkan

O.O i was running my car today then after 10 mins, my motor started smoking but then its still working
its wierd
Old 04-16-2008, 09:24 PM
ooberkan

ORIGINAL: mindwreck

They dont' seem to bad. They seem fine for normal bashing packs. But then again i haven't seen anyone run them before.

so wolfpack batts r bad?
so what do u think is better;
3000 reedy wolfpack
3200 trinity thunder
3300 trinity refrence
3300 orion rocketpack
or any battery around the $20 range
Old 04-16-2008, 09:38 PM
astroboycp

Where do you guys order your spur gears from? I am looking for size 12, 15, 24, 27 0.4 module.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:02 AM
TIGER76

ORIGINAL: astroboycp

Where do you guys order your spur gears from? I am looking for size 12, 15, 24, 27 0.4 module.
Spurs for the TT-01 are only 61,58,and 55 m8
Old 04-17-2008, 06:16 PM
TIGER76

Just been reading up on the new TT-01E kits to come out looks like

Suzuki SX4 WRC
VW Golf GT cup car
Nissan GTR

also a TB-03,TB EVOLUTION 5 MS coming soon woot
Old 04-18-2008, 04:01 PM
mattd938

Hi guys, im having a slight problem with my tto1, it runs like s*^t of a shovel for say 10 mins then cuts out, something thermal by the looks of it as the metal part of the teu 101bk heatsink is red hot and after something cools it runs fine again

spec is.......

tt01 drift spec
stock motor rz
motor heatsink
teu 101bk esc
58t spur gear and 24t i think lol pinion
gp battery

how can i fix this so it doesnt overheat ? better esc ? teu 302bk ? is the gearing too high ? i dont really wanna change the gearing as i love the speed lol

help lol

matt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.