Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 06:24 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey guys,

I'm kinda glad the Christmas holiday is over...now I can get back into a normal routine again...LOL

Nick,

Thanks for the compliments on the cat...I'm sure she would lick you in appreciation if you were here...LOL!

I have gotten mixed up myself over the holiday, Wednesday seemed like Friday to me too...it was a bummer having to get up and go to work this morning...LOL...but it turned out to be a very profitable day...so well worth it.

I am glad I notice the see saw holder when I was looking things over. I could not see anything wrong, the tiny little Gaui sized screw was there, where it should be, but when I checked it with an allen driver, it just spun...and I pried it and the bearing out, and sure enough, it was broken where the screw attaches...it would have caused some very strange tracking issues later on, I have no doubt about that...[]

Evan,

Cool on the plane ride to Florida...but a bummer you couldn't take any helis along...

Maybe you can catch some of those little chameleons that run around wild in Florida...I think they are officially called Anoles, but everyone calls them Chameleons...they do change colors like true Chameleons though...kinda neat.

Be sure to keep in touch, and keep everyone in line on the forum...LOL

Sorry you bent your feathering shaft, but sounds like you got it fixed up really quick...good job!

Glenn
Old 12-26-2008, 06:31 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Heli,

Glad I could help on the cycling/discharge questions...some of my old RC car expereience paid off there...LOL We used to make our own dischargers....solder about 6 #1157 automotive bulbs together, and attach alligator clips to them...and completely discharge the packs after a race...

Jeff,

You are a regular comedian!! LOL

Glad you still pop in from time to time, cheers me up everytime I see one of your antics!!

JPEE,

Awlful quiet over there, you been getting any flights in at all?

I'm supposed to have some 60 degree temps this weekend! SIXTY DEGREES....LOL!

Carl,

How's the 500 coming along?

Been pretty quiet up there too...[X(]

Glenn
Old 12-26-2008, 06:50 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,
Wheeeeeeeeeew glad that Holiday stuff is over, I am plum wore out I tell ya. Just sitting down now to work on the 500 installing the tail drive gears in to the frame.

Hope you all had a great holiday...............

By now Glenn, you should have finished you 400 master-major-total overhaul?

JPee

3:40 p.m.
Sat 26th

Old 12-26-2008, 06:59 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

60 degrees.......?! You dogg !... Totally not fair...LMAO...

Wheeeeeeeeeew glad that Holiday stuff is over, I am plum wore out I tell ya.

JPEE ~

I usually get only 4-5 hours of sleep a night, and about once a year I'll catch up and sleep a good one... The holidays wore me out also ! I went to bed last night at midnight, and got up at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon... 15 hours !....LMAO... I'am ready to fly a heli now..... Haven't done that in about a year if longer. I needed it....

Nick ~

Flybarless would be cool huh ?! As soon as I get better I'll go that route... Maybe next year. As they say flybars and nitros will be a thing of the past.... You need to get it first and scout it out for us here. You did well trying out the TT system and bringing us onboard in that department, so your new mission since yer President is the Flybarless System....

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 12-26-2008, 07:14 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

It was 63 here, but WAY to windy to fly. All the snow on the streets and grass is all melted now.

I slept 12 hours yesterday. I have been doing the 4-5 hours of sleep for a couple of years, but I have been trying to get 8 recently.

I already know what electronics I want for it, but I am having a hard time picking out a flybarless head. None of them are a drop in fit. The one I was looking at needed to many mods, so I am looking for some more now.

Nick
Old 12-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Evan T.

Yeah there called bahama anoles
Old 12-26-2008, 07:34 PM
JPEE

Hey Jeff or Glenn,

J or G when you got your servos in the 500 did you skip the radio set up and continue to build and do the DX6i later and servo arms centering?

I finished the servo install and am now working on the boom at both ends and Finless is playing with his radio.

JPee
Old 12-26-2008, 07:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Yeah I went ahead and after I installed my servos I went ahead and hooked up the AR7000 binded it to the DX-7 and centered the servo's and such... I didn't really use the manual at all, as I just did my whole install from the Finless Videos. Just a lot of play and pausing going on every step of the way....

Your 500 is at the stage right now where its going to start getting big very fast..... The MRS. might have a heart-attack after she sees just how big that new toy of yours is going to be..... She'll be saying "You be careful with that thing".........LMAO... I'am still scared of mine....[8D] Probably why I haven't flown it after that first day of the maiden....LOL...

Take care John......

~ Jeff

Old 12-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Carljw

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Heli,

Glad I could help on the cycling/discharge questions...some of my old RC car expereience paid off there...LOL We used to make our own dischargers....solder about 6 #1157 automotive bulbs together, and attach alligator clips to them...and completely discharge the packs after a race...

Jeff,

You are a regular comedian!! LOL

Glad you still pop in from time to time, cheers me up everytime I see one of your antics!!

JPEE,

Awlful quiet over there, you been getting any flights in at all?

I'm supposed to have some 60 degree temps this weekend! SIXTY DEGREES....LOL!

Carl,

How's the 500 coming along?

Been pretty quiet up there too...[X(]

Glenn

Glenn
Not much going on . I got two servos for Christmas and the wife put $200.00 towards
my T500 $800.00 credit card bill. I took out a Christmas loan from a credit union I belong
to for the 600 balance for 6 mounths. So I need two more servos and a GY401 and I will be all set. No big hurry since it will be cold for a few months anyway.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:59 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Carl, Good on you my friend, cash is cash!

Nick, sorry you have wind, no fun with that. We too have wind but it might stop tomorrow so I charged my picks just in case, ya never know till ya get up in the morning.

JPee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59678.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1097177   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79300.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1097178  
Old 12-26-2008, 11:06 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Now it is looking like a heli. It looks like you could carry around the MCX with the 500. LOL Hope you have good weather to fly tomorrow.

Nick
Old 12-26-2008, 11:11 PM
J-MICHAEL

Carl ~

Yeah no rush on building it as it's winter anyway... I've only flew mine that one day on the maiden. It took me a couple months to finally get mine in the air, and it was fun taking your time and still learning about some stuff for it. Keep us informed of anything new though...

JPEE ~

Hey........ You keep adding pics above... LOL... The 500 is looking good ! Things start moving quickly now... I saved your first pic, but I just saw ya added another so I'll have to grab that one and any other good ones..... [8D]

~ Jeff

Old 12-26-2008, 11:20 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

I was just showing Kelly how you use the same shelving as me in our garage for our RC stuff. I also pointed out in your picture that you have it set-up very nicely in the house it seems... But it could be in your garage possibly I suppose. I need to get on our spare bedroom and get it going for a set-up for an inside room for working on them when its cold. That would be another good winter project.....
Old 12-26-2008, 11:50 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Sorry it's so windy for you there, it's supposed to be windy here Sunday too...probably headed my way...

Hope you can find a flybarless head that you like, it would be very cool to see you get one, and see how it goes. If any of us can figure it out, it's you!

Evan,

Cool, didn't know the official name of them, I used to see them in FL when I went on vacation with my parents. They are all over the place!

Carl,

Glad to hear that you are getting alot closer now...and you are right, there is no hurry, as the weather has only begun to get bad...[>:]

JPEE,

Just picked up the see saw holder that I discovered was broken earlier tonight, so I may work on it later on, or tomorrow sometime, and test fly it...

The 500 is looking good!

Jeff answered your question pretty well, I just did the same thing, mounted the servos, and then did the setup later on in the build...

Jeff,

I just got a neat pocket scale from Harbor Freight, I'll have to post a pic of it later on or tomorrow, it does grams down to the tenth of a gram, which my current scale doesn't do...it was l only $12.99, and is quite cool...

Glenn

Old 12-26-2008, 11:59 PM
rotarydoc

Here's my new scale...

http://www.awesomescales.net/index.p...products_id=42

Glenn
Old 12-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Carljw

Hi every one and hope you all had a merry Christmas.

Ya I am in no hurry, it is warm out side in the 40 and 50s but windy and raining.
I like your Heli shelf JPEE. I have mine hainging from the cealing in the famley room
except for the T500. Keeps them away from tempting little hands ( my 3 year old Grand daughter LOL )
Me and my wife go to Naples FL for two weeks every year, my mother in law has a condo
there we stay at. I thought those little lizards were Geckos down there.
I got the MCX to take with me when we go. I was just going to take my CX2 tx with me
to use but now I am looking for the MCX tx on E Bay to take and just leave it there and I will only have to take Heli back and forth.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:07 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Yeah sweet another gadget ! I like it a lot... The thing I like about yours is that you can place even something long on the weighing tray and it won't interfere with the sides of the rest of the scale and disrupting what your weighing. Mine like I've said before will only allow something so big for the tray... But luckily I have two other scales for the bigger stuff.

Oh..... JPEE was starting on the TT assembly earlier and he didn't realize there was the video from Finless from the 600 build that he could follow for the Torque Tube assembly so I gave him the link... We'll have to try and remember if there was anything else that JPEE will need or details that we remember for the build. Hopefully Carl will note this also... Seems JPEE is moving along now at a consistent clip, so its not gonna be much longer for that sunshine boy..... Maybe I should send him my 500 lipo's to run some cycles through them in that Cali weather. [8D]

~ Jeff

Old 12-27-2008, 02:25 PM
JPEE

J-Michael,

Check your box for a PM with my home address and my busniess PO Box which is where I'll accept the batteries to so they don't get stolen off the of the front porch from UPS. Be sure to send them FIRST CLASS.

Thanks......what a guy!

JPee
Old 12-27-2008, 03:01 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

LMAO.... Hey... For reference, I installed my 500's ESC like Finless and installed it under the battery tray using industrial strength velcro. That stuff sticks like glue, and you also have to literally pry it off to free it from the velcro. I only use this type of velcro... The ESC on my maiden flight and a few others that day hardly even got warm so the placement of it is fine like Finless says for ventilation worries. I'am sure it ran cooler even though I was using the hot 16t instead of the calmer 15t with these 5-cells since the Torque-Tube probably freed up some wasted power and the BEC reduces the load also with the ESC...

My BEC rests then to the side of the esc. I like the placement with the ESC as the 64 grams from that esc is then also centered in the heli and adds for a good CG for me, and keeps the weight centered...

~ Jeff

Old 12-27-2008, 07:07 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I changed my mind again on the flybarless. It would be a very cool thing to have, but the heli flies great right now and I think I will save my money and invest it.

Good to hear the LHS had your see saw holder. Cool scale.

I got 4 flights in today! Finally after all the wind, cold, and snow. I got two with the Belt CP and 2 with the 600. I think the Belt CP is less stable than the Gaui 200. And I have 60% swashmix on that and 100% on the Gaui. One of my cousin's thought the 600 was very cool. And I kind of did a night flight with the 600 and was going off the lights on the regulator, ESC, and receiver.

Nick
Old 12-27-2008, 07:39 PM
J-MICHAEL

And I kind of did a night flight with the 600 and was going off the lights on the regulator, ESC, and receiver.

Nick ~

I told ya............ Yer so good, you can fly it blind........... That's great ya got 4 flights in. The snow is melting fast here, so I'am getting anxious to try and find a field to go fly the 450. My yard is way to small... LOL... I know of 3 fields within 4 miles I could try by my house. Its gonna be weird to have maybe people around, or someone watching, as I'am used to complete privacy when I was in Cali. At least I can fly somewhat now though... If someone is watching, I may tend to be careful flying so I can save the embarrasment of crashing, or I may just show-off and if I do crash its in style... LMAO... Won't know until I'am in the moment there at the field....

Talk with ya later,

~ Jeff
Old 12-27-2008, 07:50 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

You should be getting pretty close to finishing up the 500. I can't wait to see a video of it ! Oh........ I found ya a little friend :

Old 12-27-2008, 08:10 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Cool to hear your snow is melting. I totally forgot that the baseball field I like to fly at is probably melted too, so I can flip the 600 there. Have you checked to see if there is any flying fields near you? They are a lot of fun. I am joining mine next year in the spring and it sounds like Glenn might join his as well next year. In the mean time I will continue enjoying the indoor fun flys. If you crash in style hope it isn't with the 500.

Nice pic.

Nick
Old 12-27-2008, 08:12 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

Just had Larry the cable guy here to check my Internet signals as I have been having some freezing screen issues. Everything looks pretty good now so we will see. I hate to complain Jeff and after all of the help you have given me but to show a picture of yourself BEFORE the surgery just isn't fair to Kelly. I am sure she loves who you are NOW than who you were in that picture before Dr. Phil got you straightened out.

Nick, WOW three packs you hit a homer today forsure.

Jeff, BACK TO YOU....................I just got the ESC battery ends soldered on (EC3) so I can use my Eflite 400 packs doubled up. I also followed your COMERCIAL, HEAVY DUTY, INDUSTRIAL, velcro on the bottom of the battery tray and got the ESC mounted. Now I neet to step out of proceedure and hook up my batteries and center my servos so I can mount me autoration collar on to the frame to where I cant get to the servo horn under it.

JPee
Old 12-27-2008, 09:31 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been online today....was too busy flying!!

I gave up temporarily on the B400 build, and just went out flying instead, I can finish it later...got 8 flights in today!!

The temps were in the mid 50's, with very little wind...could not pass that up!!

Flew the 500 twice, the Gaui 3 times, and the spare B400 for 3 packs...I was a bit rusty, that is for sure!

I spent most of the time just tinkering, adjusting, and trying to get all the fine tuning details that I have been overlooking forever down...and I think it paid off...no crashes, not even any close calls...

It is a bit of a challenge to fly all 3 in one day, since they all fly differently...but I think I learned more today about all of them than I have in a long time...like gyro settings, and I increased the expo on the 500, which made me much more comfortable with it (from 15% to 20% on the cyclics, none on the rudder).

Now, I have 11 packs to charge!

I am flying everything with pretty much full headspeed now, and they all seem more stable, and more responsive, as one would expect...and my flight times are going down too, right along with it...[]

Today was a GOOD DAY!!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.