Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:38 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

I bent one of the MH mixing arms, so I had to get out the stock ones and put one of those on in place of the MH one.

Nick
Old 12-29-2008, 09:56 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, that's what I gathered...I was just thinking that now you will see how fragile the one stock one you put on is...

Have you ever used the stock ones, if memory serves me correctly, you went with the MH arms right off the bat?

Sounds like you had some decent flying weather, when I looked at the map today, it showed Lincoln at like 46 or so for a high...not bad...a nice break for you!

Glenn
Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry I misunderstood your original post.

Nope I never used the stock ones. Yeah I went strait to the MH ones. I never checked to see if the ball joints ever had loctite on them, so I took one off the mixer arm and sure enough it had loctite. So the rest in the head assembly should too.

Yeah it was great outside temp wise and there was hardly any wind too. It sounds like the winds will be around 40MPH tomorrow, so probably all my helis will be grounded unless I want to take the 600 out and fly.

Nick
Old 12-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Carljw

No we go the florida in June. Had my PT Cruiser in the shop today thought it needed front struts
and it was going to be 375.00 to replace. Got a call and it wasent the struts neede control arms ball joints and tie rods. 624.00 so that but a damper on my heli parts for awhile. What peees
me off I am going to trade it in this summer on a Ponitic Solstice when the wifes Subaru
Baja is paid off.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:30 PM
evdreamer

I just found out I discharged 95% of my Align 450 battery and no puffing. I will see how it performs sometime soon after doing that.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:59 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

I just found out I discharged 95% of my Align 450 battery and no puffing. I will see how it performs sometime soon after doing that.
Hey Jeff, been thinking aovut one of the in line volt meters so you can see where you are? I sure hope the pack will comback with long term damage or shortened life EEEK.

JPee
Old 12-29-2008, 11:45 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just saw Readyheli will sometime get Trueblood dampners in for the Gaui 200!! If they are anything like the 450 dampners they should be amazing.

Nick
Old 12-29-2008, 11:55 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hey Jeff, been thinking aovut one of the in line volt meters so you can see where you are? I sure hope the pack will comback with long term damage or shortened life EEEK.

JPee

JPEE ~

Did you forget yer napper today ?!... .... LMAO... Don't worry, I do typo's all the time.

Nick ~

LOL... Been there done that also.

~ Jeff
Old 12-30-2008, 12:12 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I was seeing how long I could fly with that battery and I was expecting a nice slow indication that the battery hit the LVC, but it held strong right until the end and I almost didn't have enough time to land. It seemed to act a lot like my A123 batteries. They go strong right until the end and drop the voltage really quick.

Nick
Old 12-30-2008, 12:12 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is cool that the aftermarket is supporting the Guai 200 so well...I'm sure you'll be testing the dampers as soon as they become available!

Hope your battery recovers from it's 95% discharge OK. [X(]

Carl, I see....didn't know you were going to FL in the summer time...should be nice and HOT then!! Sorry to hear about the car repairs...that is one area I don't have too many problems with....kinda comes with my job description...

Wonder how Evan is doing down in sunny Florida? He has no helis with him! []

Hopefully he can catch some Anoles or something...gators...LMAO!

JPEE,

How's the build coming along?

Heli,

Where are ya?

Glenn
Old 12-30-2008, 12:31 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I don't really care too much about that battery since I pretty much got it for free with my 450.

I am really tempted right now to buy the V2 tail and see how that does and the Tonic-X 5150KV motor and see how much power that has.

Nick
Old 12-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Carljw

Glenn
Ya we always have to go in June , the wife is a school secretary and off all summer so we have lots of time to travel. I dont do much work on the cars like I used to do. I put rear shocks on a few weeks ago and I well do brakes oil changes and filters. I was going to change the plugs on the PT but cant even see where they are LOL.
I have one Hitec HS 5245 MG to install on the T500,trying to see what one will be the hardest and do that slot. Have to wait a while for the rest. Always something ,first my garage fridge
took a dump now the car. Will at least I can keep a beer cooler out side till the fridge is replaced.
I put two 1/2 spacers between the main gear and the canopy and left them in for a week and removed them and the canopy is a nice distance from the gear now. Thought I was going to have to apply some heat but it seems to stay ok now.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:17 PM
evdreamer

It is way too windy to fly today. The 450 was really getting pushed around in 30MPH gusts and the 600 handled it a little better, but it wasn't too much fun to fly in that.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:08 PM
JPEE

It is way too windy to fly today. The 450 was really getting pushed around in 30MPH gusts and the 600 handled it a little better, but it wasn't too much fun to fly in that.

Me too Nick, way way to windy here as well. Gonna hit the high 70s though! So to feed my craving I just flew 2 packs in the CX2 in the living room. I have comany due anytime so I dont want get into the 500 and have to stop, so I'll wait till later. I really don't mind at all that the build is taking time. I kind of enjoy having something to look forward to. OHG when its done then what will I do?

JPEE

Old 12-30-2008, 04:32 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: JPEE

OHG when its done then what will I do?

JPEE
JPEE,

Fly it. LOL

Least you got to fly the CX2 today.

Nick
Old 12-30-2008, 07:39 PM
J-MICHAEL

Yikes there !

Old 12-30-2008, 08:42 PM
J-MICHAEL

Its weird but all my CPP's little rubber grommet things that secure the canopy on the canopy rods are just over a year old, and since the two flyable ones and this extra canopy one in the pic below have sat for so long and maybe the heat also from summer, but anyway when I go to touch them they leave a charcoaly type residue on my fingers and ya pretty much have to use dishsoap to get it off, and you can tell that the grommets are old and dried out. But kinda weird and got me thinking what are these things made of in this rubber stuff ?!...LMAO...

It's annoying though, because when I go to put the canopy on to go fly my fingers are all black !.... Crazy....

Old 12-30-2008, 08:50 PM
J-MICHAEL

My little stump-jumper !

Old 12-30-2008, 08:56 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

That is interesting about the grommets.

Do you fly that little yellow heli anymore?

Nick
Old 12-30-2008, 10:44 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

The little yellow heli is a Helimax Rotofly. I had just got it all put together from a small crash with new parts and took it over to my friends garage way back when I was a dumb noob and both of us were flying are heli's... He was flying his CPP and I was flying the Rotofly, it more was like a hovering attempts back then... LMAO... Anyhow, we had a mid-air collision and his CPP came out without a scratch and his CF blades cut right right through the main-shaft of my Rotofly, and so I haven't got the bits yet to get her back up into the air, as other heli's followed suit shortly thereafter and it has been neglected ever since... Its been over a year, and I kinda miss it to see what it can do since I'am much more familiar with the heli's and flying them also.

I found those battery bars siftting through my RC stuff that I was telling ya about awhile ago and I told ya they were Novak bars, but actually they were the Trinity ones and were the gold plated goobers. They delievered much better current at the ends than those thin stock connectors, and my batteries then ran much cooler...

Old 12-30-2008, 10:57 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

The little yellow heli is a Helimax Rotofly. I had just got it all put together from a small crash with new parts and took it over to my friends garage way back when I was a dumb noob and both of us were flying are heli's... He was flying his CPP and I was flying the Rotofly, it more was like a hovering attempts back then... LMAO... Anyhow, we had a mid-air collision and his CPP came out without a scratch and his CF blades cut right right through the main-shaft of my Rotofly, and so I haven't got the bits yet to get her back up into the air, as other heli's followed suit shortly thereafter and it has been neglected ever since... Its been over a year, and I kinda miss it to see what it can do since I'am much more familiar with the heli's and flying them also.

I found those battery bars siftting through my RC stuff that I was telling ya about awhile ago and I told ya they were Novak bars, but actually they were the Trinity ones and were the gold plated goobers. They delievered much better current at the ends than those thin stock connectors, and my batteries then ran much cooler...

Hey Guys, just a quick note.

Nick, what became of that major discharger battery? Yes buddy, I flew that CX2 like I stold it today.

Master Jeff, that picture of the heli and soldier escaping the shark are from the near your bay right?

Glenn, thanks for the comfirmation on the rx. Didn't have time to give the 500 one minute today sorry to say. If you want to chat it up a bit lets doer....I am open on and can hear if you ring the bell.
JPee 8:00 p.m.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:59 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Wow I didn't know carbon blades could cut right through the main shaft. I wouldn't want to get hit by one.

I was having a blast on G4 on multiplayer. I learned a new move by doing figure 8's, but once I cross the center I flip and go inverted while doing a 180 piro on top of that. So if I was going to the center upright and nose first I would come out inverted tail first. It is kind of a simple move, but it looks amazing.

Nick
Old 12-30-2008, 11:02 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

The battery looks fine. The only thing I think will happen is it won't last as long as a battery doing the 80% rule.

Nick
Old 12-31-2008, 12:09 AM
JPEE

Nick,

I would have to agree, but still regretful.

JPEE
Old 12-31-2008, 01:00 AM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff,

Wow I didn't know carbon blades could cut right through the main shaft. I wouldn't want to get hit by one.

I was having a blast on G4 on multiplayer. I learned a new move by doing figure 8's, but once I cross the center I flip and go inverted while doing a 180 piro on top of that. So if I was going to the center upright and nose first I would come out inverted tail first. It is kind of a simple move, but it looks amazing.

Nick

The main shaft for the Rotofly is cheap and thin.... I've been on G4 everyday since I've been home. Lately I've been flying the 450 SE V2 for the last week now, and just today on the program adjusted my main blades on the 450 from 325mm to 315mm since that's what I'am running currently on mine. Before I was always flying the Trex 500, and decided to switch it up a bit... I noticed that my RL Trex 500 however is more stable than the one I have for G4. Side-ins in RL on my 500 stays locked in solid, and the G4 it tends to get squirely a bit... But I'am not complaing...

I still haven't done a flight since I've been back home, but I can't wait until I get to ! I'll have to start checking the multiplayer to see if I ever see any of you guys on there throughout the day or evening... If I ever fly on-line and don't see ya guys I'll have a session open so you know I'am playing... If I see any of you coming and going, then I'll know it's booting ya and such.

Take care,

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.