Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 01:24 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff,

Good to hear you have been practicing on G4 everyday.

Nick
Old 12-31-2008, 07:24 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys, I'm back sorta lol Been busy and haven't really flown to much lately, the brushless stampede is a blast to say the least. I did take out the helicopter last night for acouple of packs did really well, but alittle rusty since I haven't been flying to much, on the last pack I broke the anti rotation bracket, and the only way to fix that is a whole new main fram, luckly I have one. In other news last night I offically enrolled in college, but not for automotive, I had second thoughts about future funds aka money, and so I looked into another degree which I took many classes for back in the good old hs days, I enrolled in college for a associates degree in science aka crimial justice/forensic science. I was looking at work around here for automotive, asking around, taking glenns advice and thought about it. For my wife, me, and future family I needed something more stable, not saying automotive isn't, and I would still luv to go to school for it in the near future. All in all in very excited to start school, its a 4 year associates degree, up to 5 years if I need to 6 month extentions. I payed for my first semester last night and start this week

enough talk about me

how is everyone else doing?
Old 12-31-2008, 10:10 AM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Good to hear you are still enjoying the Stampede. Sorry to hear about the anit rotation bracket. Cool to hear you are going into criminal justice/forensic. My brother in law couldn't make it as a mechanic. His income was all over the place and he needed a steady income for his family, so he went over to the customer service side of it. I start my next quarter on the 7th. I have to start an English class this quarter which is not one of my favorite subjects. And AC electronics is going to be a lot harder than the stuff I was doing with DC.

Nick
Old 12-31-2008, 10:59 AM
evdreamer

It is kind of perfect for flying today. There is no wind, but it is 12 degrees. My hands are freezing after a 4min flight. I was able to flip the Gaui in place a couple of times and my piro flips are looking better. I also tried my upright/inverted figure 8 were I flip at the center and go from inverted to upright, but I have trouble going from upright to inverted at the center. So far I got 3 flights in, but I am having trouble keeping my hands warm. I have two small gloves on each hand and that is about the max because it doesn't feel like I am holding the sticks.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:27 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got to see how the stock mixing arms handled in a crash. Both of the ball joints sheared off. The MH one survived. I hope my parts come today, so I can put the V2 tail on and put another MH mixing arm on. The dryer is going, so I stand in front of the exhaust of that and that has been keeping me warm outside. I was starting to get good at my pirouetting funnel with the 450. It still needs some work.

Nick
Old 12-31-2008, 11:38 AM
evdreamer

Well the 450 is done also. The belt snapped in flight. Luckily I was using wooden blades and my beater canopy, so I hope the cost to fix it isn't too much.

It looks like the only thing that broke or bent was the flybar, blades, and a servo horn. This is like the Gaui of 450's. I haven't checked the spindle yet but it seems fine and so is the main shaft. I didn't strip the main gears. Good thing I put the 5065's in because they survived the crash and my old 285's would have been toast. The boom also didn't get bent neither did the tail shaft.

I checked and my bearings were the cause of my grip moving up and down on the spindle for the 450. I am glad that I learned how to take a bearing out of a metal part. They are easy for me on plastic parts, but I never tried one on metal. It will be a lot cheaper replacing the bearing than having to buy the part with the bearing already installed.

Oh my DIY motors came today along with my power meter. Once I get done fixing the helis I will post some pics of the motors.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:27 PM
evdreamer

Good thing I took most of the 450 apart because I found more problems. The belt drive seems like it is bent or the bearings are shot. The main shaft was bent. The main bearings are shot. The jesus bolt was bent.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Carljw

Has anyone ever heard anything about useing a 10mm shim to set your servo horns
to 90 degres. I was on HeliFreak and someone was talking about setup for the servos
and someone said he always uses a 10mm shim to 90 his servo horns. I posted a question asking about it but never got an answer.

I just went back to find the thread it was on the Main Forum its now in page 2.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:44 PM
bad400

how is that going to work? if you have a throttle look run your throttle up have way,look where your servo arms are you may have to unsrew the arm set screw and pull the arm off and move it.if you cant get it just perfect adjuct with the trim setting.then you can pull of the linkage to tweek the swashplate
Old 12-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Carljw

I have no idea what he was talking about with a 10MM shim to set them to 90.
I thought mabey someone else heard about this trick what ever it is.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:03 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I quick note to say "the sun is shinning here. I got out this morning at 8:00 a.m. to a HUGE open are that I have been to before but I thought they would have started building the housing track was set for that are NOPE it is mine!

It is like standing a the desert wide open hundreds of acres. I flew 401 one pack HOT and HARD. Got so damn far off I could damn near bring the hing back. I was doing sky diving ans swooping ans such. Pack 2 same, what fun I was having UNTIL I swooped a LITTLE to low and saw I was not going to make it. I did the same thing I did earlier this week, pulled up and as hard as I could, just before she hit I threw the HOLD switch. She bounced once and flopped. Got up there and the fly bar was bend and two linkages had come off from the blade grips THATS IT!
Came home and straightened the fly bar pretty dang good I night say. Did a full check and then the some shoot outs in the back yard HIGH and I did a little retiming and she seems tight. OH I forgot, I did break the head Jeses screw off but the not stayed inplace. BUt again she seems to fly well. I ma goiong now up to the local park and to a real test flight.

I dont know who it was I think Nick, but since my big rebuild of 402 I have not flown it becasue every time I would spike her or try an shoot out up she would bogg. Well I checked the tracking it was off pretty bad. Once that was done she shot for the stars today. So that is getting a full fight now too.

What New Years Eve I ah having..........................

Oh NICK...... from the hard 6 min fly this morning my packs came in out of 1440 mAh I used 1336 and 1468**. Getting pretty good at cutting it close hey?

SORRY I DID NOT PROOF THIS NOTE (spelling), I WANNA GET BACK TO FLY
Old 12-31-2008, 07:26 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Too bad you also didn't bring home your heli in one piece. But good to hear you had fun at the big open field.

Cool to hear your 402 is doing good.

Wow you cut that battery real close!!!!

I was looking over my Gaui more and I broke the boom support, bent the boom and main grip.

I am thinking about trying out ceramic bearings for the mainshaft on the 450 and they should be better and last longer than the stock ones.

I finished 2 phases on my DIY motor and I am going to finish the 3rd pretty quick. I just don't know how to mount it, so I can test it out.

Nick
Old 12-31-2008, 07:26 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Happy New Year's eve to all...

Nick,

Glad to hear that you at least did get some flying in. Sorry to hear about the crashes, especially the 450....I know how much you pride yourself in not having mechanical failures...[] But, it happens to the best of them...

Hope your repairs go well, and the motor kits are neat.

Heli,

Glad to hear that you are having fun with the Stampede, and also found time for the heli too...

I think you are making a good choice in your education, for many reasons, but particularly in the light of the current auto industry, and the way it's headed. I could go on, but I think we have discussed most of the drawbacks of the auto repair industry...[]

Carl,

I also am lost on the 10MM washer for setting the servos arms at 90...[sm=confused.gif]

JPEE,

Sounds like you are in Heli Heaven over there with that new flying area...I'll bet ole' 401 was just a dot in the sky, eh? Nice save, and flipping the throttle hold at the last moment!

Jeff,

I see where you had some high winds coming in...well, I'm right with ya! [X(]

Freakin' 30 MPH sustained winds, with 45-50 gusts...all day long today!![>:]

Not that I had any time to fly anyways...LOL

I'll be looking on G4 for ya soon, I have been slacking lately on the sim time...

Glenn
Old 12-31-2008, 07:30 PM
rotarydoc

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

The dryer is going, so I stand in front of the exhaust of that and that has been keeping me warm outside.

Nick

Nick,

LMAO!! I guess I would hav been doing the same thing in 12 degree weather...LOL! [sm=omg_smile.gif]

Glenn
Old 12-31-2008, 07:39 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Be sure to post some pics of the motor builds if you get time...sounds interesting...

Sorry to hear about the additional damage to the Gaui....one of my most common crash parts is the boom, for some reason, when I crash, I always have a tailboom strike in the process...[] I have broken a few of the support struts though as well.

I wonder how much more crash resistant the ceramic bearings would be?[sm=confused.gif]

Seems that a sudden, sharp impact is what does the bearings in...the same applies in RL, when we have cars that have hit a curb, they almost always end up needing wheel bearings...they get rough and noisey from the impact damage.

I may, later on, remove one shim from each side of the notchy B400 head, and see if it makes it alot better or not...if not, I'll put it back in...I'm afraid of making the head too "mushy" with too few shims...[X(]

Glenn
Old 12-31-2008, 08:06 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The Ceramic bearings were ment to replace the old worn out mainshaft bearings. They were long over do, but I never checked them. I was supposed to change them around 100 flights or so and I am on 200 and haven't changed them yet. Now that I am doing mild 3D with it I will need to monitor and change them more often.

This is the first boom I have been though. It was bent really bad. It took some force getting the TT out.

Here is some pics of the motor. It came partially assembled and I just had to wind it. I have another one that I have to glue in the magnets and wind it. I will probably use some bigger wire and less turns and get some more power out of it. I just have to connect some wires together on the one that is almost finished then put bullet connectors on and test it out.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42672.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1100433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91992.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1100434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67477.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1100435  
Old 12-31-2008, 08:12 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yeah, in my area the automotive industry isn't lookign good, and im sure thats everywhere, But I guess any education is better then nothing. hows the blade 400's treating you glenn?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:59 PM
rotarydoc

Hi Heli,

It's interesting that you mention that the auto industry isn't doing well in your area...actually, I've been keeping very busy.

I attribute that to two things; we have a small number of techs, there are 3 of us, and one oil change guy....and the fact that I really believe that because the economy is so bad, alot of people are keeping and repairing their older cars more than ever....which hurts new car sales, but helps the techs..

At any rate, I doubt that you'll ever run out of work in the criminal/forensic field....there is never a shortage of crime! Kinda like another recession proof industry....funeral homes/undertakers....people keep dying...no matter what we do...LOL!! [X(]

The B400 is doing great, I had a major crash, still rebuilding but getting close to being done. Took the entire heli apart down to the frames (which were broken)...was a very good experience for me, now I have taken the entire heli apart...and know every detail...

The reason I crashed was just being stupid, flying in dusk/dark conditions when I was tired/worn out to begin with...and the heli kinda just blended in with the treeline behind it...next thing I know, a million bits of white blade covering were scattered in about a 25 foot radius...if nothing else, the crash was quite spectaclar looking..LOL!

Glad to hear that all is well with ya, and that the classes are on track. Enjoy your education, it will last a lifetime!

Glenn
Old 12-31-2008, 09:39 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The motor works!!!! That is the coolest thing I have done. It feels like it has quite a bit of power for its size. And that is the smallest one the company makes. There is one 3X bigger than the one I have. I ran it off of 2S and I had to try 3S. LOL I will probably wire the other motor up some other time soon. I wanted to wire it up as a Delta motor since those have more power, but it didn't work. So I wired it up as a Wye motor and that was the ticket.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47403.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1100492  
Old 12-31-2008, 11:02 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is awesome!

Thanks for posting the pics, it really helps to see what you are talking about....

Hmmm. I don't know much about motor wiring, but in automotive alternators, there are both Delta and "Y" types of windings, I am sure it's a similar setup...pretty interesting!

LOL, speaking of motors and alternators, did I ever tell you when I was having all the issues with the Align servo, when I was fiddling around with it, I was forcing the servo and it's internal motor to turn quickly, to see if it was free...and it turned the servo motor into a small generator, and make the light in the AR6200 illuminate as I was twisiting the servo arm...LOL!

Glad the motor project was a success!!

Glenn
Old 12-31-2008, 11:14 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool that you turned the servo into a mini generator.

For my initial setup I couldn't get it to work on the throttle channel, so I hooked it up to the aileron channel and controlled it that way. I need to solder some dean connectors on to my new power meter by Medusa and then I can get some current and power measurements from the motor. I think from reading around it uses around 9A. I have no way of determining the KV rating of the motor. I hear the most accurate way is to use a drill with a known RPM and hook it up to the motor. Then spin the motor with that then hook up a Multi meter to one or two of the pins on the AC Voltage setting and then with some simple math you can get the KV. The article I was reading didn't go to much in depth about how to do it, but it was kind of interesting.

Nick
Old 12-31-2008, 11:15 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Oh I forgot that Finless also finished the Gaui build videos and said he would do a test flight this weekend.

Nick
Old 01-01-2009, 01:12 AM
evdreamer

Happy new year everyone.

Nick
Old 01-01-2009, 01:22 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Nick,

Happy New Year

Sounds like the motor project is coming along well...should be cool if you can get some readings and what not on it...

I will have to check up on the Finless/Gaui videos, I will be curiuos how he likes it when he flies it.

I get the impression that he's not too excited about small helicopters like the Gaui and Trex 250....so we'll see how he does..[X(]

Glenn
Old 01-01-2009, 01:35 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got two phases complete on my high speed motor. I am already starting to run out of room, so the 3rd phase will be tricky to get all the windings in. I will post some pics when I am done.

I think Finless already flew someone else's T-Rex 250 and said he new what to expect, but didn't go into any details. He said it is usually too windy were he lives to fly small helis.

I was looking around on that motor website and they have a 65mm Stator. Once I go into the machining program after electronics I want to make a case for that. Since mine are 23mm, those 65mm ones should be pretty fun to use.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.