Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 01:47 AM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE...!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:01 AM
evdreamer

Here is my new Stator and windings. I should have gone with fewer turns, but it worked all right for the first phase until I got to the 3rd. My eyes are bugging out right now, so I can't focus on putting the bullet connectors on. So I will test it out tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93968.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1100539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45420.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1100540  
Old 01-01-2009, 08:40 AM
JPEE

Hey Crew! A very Happy New Years to you one and all!

Well Nick, it appears you should get some kind of school credit for making a nuculer generator......I mean heli motor LOL. Does the ceramics insulate you from the radiation.....I mean make the motor run cooler?

Jeff, I hope you guys up there are snuggled in for New Years....good wishes to you and yours. Becareful in the garage!!!! Perhaps you could wear a flack jacket? Will CF penatrate?

Glenn, my New Years wish for you and Tiger is.......................I hope you finish and test fly the 400 today and that you have NO WIND and a good test fly!

Carl.........what to do with you..... but to say I hope there are Heli electronics in your hot little hands by the end of January!

Squire Evan must be out of the cold weather hopefully but away from his 400, so for New Years I wish you trouble free flights when you get home.

Lastly someone who could not be left out but a visitor here from time to time when is LURKING is CHOPPERSRULE. May the FAMILY in the dark suites with white ties care and keep you and yours safe in this upcoming year.

JPEE
Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2009, 11:46 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

The motor doesn't really get warm.

Nick
Old 01-01-2009, 11:53 AM
choppersrule

To The Crew,

Just thought I'd pop in, and wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous New Years. You are all doing great and making progress by leaps and bounds.

Dave
Old 01-01-2009, 01:26 PM
evdreamer

Here is the new motor that I finished winding last night. It is faster than my first one like it should be. On this one I got a motor mount, so I could mount it on something if I wanted. Then I started to glue the magnets on the casing. I just need to add some more on the sides of the magnets and let it cure and that will be done.

Name:	Ro42056.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1100761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51531.jpg
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	1100762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97780.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1100763  
Old 01-01-2009, 07:11 PM
evdreamer

I made a very very simple ESC and it worked!! I can only get it to rotate a little since I can't push the buttons fast enough. I also drilled some holes in a piece of wood, so I can mount the DIY motors on it instead of holding the motor. I flew the Belt CP twice, but it just feels too different than the T-Rex's and Gaui, so it was kind of hard to do the tricks that I have been working on with the Gaui and the 450.

Did anyone else get to fly today?

Nick

Name:	Pn37029.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	1101090  
Old 01-01-2009, 08:44 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

Man you are a real brainy-ack! That motor and ESC are quite the thing.

I flew that one pack that is acting up. When I took off in 401 it was hesitating and I had a bit of tail wag "like LVC" but I spiked it and she few. In a few moments I hit idle up and nothing, no rpm change at all. So flew the pack to show off the heli to company/friends and she flew ok. But I could hear the rpms going up and down. So I'll continue to fly the pack "easy" until it dies I guess. I also flew on MCX and CX2 pack again showing off the heli's and letting a little boy try the MCX after 15 min on the G4. He did OK!

I know what you mean about Helis having a different feel to them. Hope you had a good day.

I wonder of Glenn got to test the 400? ? ? ?

JPEE
Old 01-01-2009, 08:54 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nice job Nick! I can better see now what you were planning on building, and why you can't press the buttons fast enough to keep the motor running, but the basics are there, for sure! Cool stuff..

I did test fly the B400, and all is well, had to trim it out, of course, but it sounds good, and flies well.

The only issue I noted was it didn't seem to powerful, but I think that is because I am gettting spoiled by the power of the 500....they are like night and day different..[X(]

JPEE, glad to hear you got to show the little one some flying, sounds like a good time.

It never really got over freezing today, there was still ice on the puddles, so I only flew that one pack and didn't bother with the New Year's fly at the field...too cold to be standing around watching other people fly stuff...LOL! []

Glenn
Old 01-01-2009, 10:01 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool to hear you got to fly in front of everyone. Good thing that little guy was able to start on G4 before flying the real thing.

Glenn,

Good to hear your B400 is flying good. You could always put a Scorpion 2221-6 on your B400 to make it act like your 500. LOL

Sorry to hear that it was too cold to go to that New Years Fun Fly.

Nick
Old 01-02-2009, 12:03 AM
evdreamer

I programmed my little micro controller to turn the transistors on and off and I can get the motor to beep like normal ESC's do when they arm. But since I don't know how to read the back EMF's with the controller I still can't get the motor to spin since there is no timing and its just sending the pulses blindly. Least it was a fun little project.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:41 AM
JPEE

Hang in there Nick, you'll get it

JPee
Old 01-02-2009, 10:43 AM
JPEE

Glenn,

Hey glad you got to test fly the 400. At least you got out of the house for a while. I can understand ................who wants to stand out in the wind and cold to watch someone else fly. Heck if your gonna freeze it has to be for your benifit.

JPee
Old 01-02-2009, 02:37 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just got my new V2 tail for the Gaui and it is really nice. I also got the Z-Power 5150KV motor, but I will test that out later after I get the heli put pack together. Hopefully the rest of my parts come tomorrow, so I can fly the Gaui and 450 again.

Nick
Old 01-02-2009, 02:53 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

I thought the Gaui was lacking in power so beyond the V2 addition why are you not putting the new motor straight away? Hurry up man we wanna see the little bugger power up!

JPee
Old 01-02-2009, 03:01 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I think when I made that comment the blades weren't tracking and that was from the bent blade grips and me not adjusting the pushrods. After I got them tracking it seemed like it had plenty of power. I also don't want to add another variable after upgrading the tail until I know everything is working fine. I will try and make a vid of the stock motor and one with the Z-Power. The last time I flew the Gaui it didn't seem like the motor was bogging at all.

Nick
Old 01-02-2009, 06:25 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

Gotcha the tracking and your are absolutly right about doing one mod at a time.

BEEN AH THINKIN AH-GIN

Like Glenn, we are using and or will be using 2 ea. 2,200 mAh packs for our 500's as we have those packs on hand. I have a 5 cell and a 4 cell charger now which allows me to charge both batteries at once. Now Glenn had been saying how tuff it is to go fly with (2) two pack set ups and then come home and charge on one charger for 4 hours to bring them all back. I got a heli magazine and they have a spread from Hobby King with a Turnigy Accucel 6 cell charger. So if I was to split that charger for two more batteries then I could charge 4 packs at a time on the 1 hour time frame. Now I know Jeff got the 5- or 6 cell pack but I personally hasten to do that because then I have a "single use" battery and they are pricie!!! So this charge ris $40.00 and does the whole range of what needs to be done ie; tracking the batteries, charge put back in etc. Giver a look, I would be interested in your opinion and please note is charges Lipos/Life 123, NiMH/NICd and Lead acid. The add shows it at $39.95, deep in their site it shows it at $47.00 and on their home page they have a rotating add for $37.95 best as I make out.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7373&Product_Name=Turnig y_Accucel-6_50W_5A_Bal/Chrg_(USA_Warehouse)

Their manual http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s....asp?idwiki=28

JPee

Name:	Sq47127.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1101847  
Old 01-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys I'm doing fine down here but miss the helis and haven't been caught up on here so I have no idea what everyone is up to but I'll be home on sunday
Old 01-02-2009, 07:36 PM
JPEE

We will be looking for you Evan.

JPEE
Old 01-02-2009, 11:28 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

The new tail and motor sound cool...I want to see a pic of the tail when you get a chance...

So, update me on the Gaui 200 V2, since I am a bit confused now...are they offering the V2 in both belt and shaft drive? I have only seen pics of the belt driven one?[sm=confused.gif]

Yeah, I agree totally on only changing one thing at a time, best to do one or the other first, and then see how it goes...

Evan,

We miss ya! [X(]

Hope you are having fun in FL, and we look forward to having you back...you havn't missed too much, really...[sm=71_71.gif]

JPEE,

I am not ready to decide yet on what I will do long term for the 500 batteries...still thinkin' that one through...it's hard to think about shelling out $450 for batteries, and then maybe a whole new charger, if I went with 6S packs....[sm=omg_smile.gif]

Need some more time to think about it..LOL

Glenn
Old 01-02-2009, 11:39 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

That is not to say that I have not given the battery situation any thought...I am actually considering just sticking with 3S x 2 packs (buying more)...and here's some reasons why;

1. I already have equipment to charge two packs at a time, so the charging time would be reasonable.

2. They fit under the stock canopy very well, when sitting on their sides.

3. A big factor...I would rather lose a cell on a 3S pack than on a 5S or 6S pack any day!!....then I would be out about $65, not $165 if a cell went bad in one of the packs.

4. Ditto for crash losses....maybe, if it didn't go straight head on in...it might only take out one pack, again, half the cost or less damage...

5. I like having 22.2 volts, vs 18.5 if I went with 5S packs...more volts is more volts...period...LOL!

6. Buying the same Eflite batteries simplifies my charging and battery maintenance.

7. I would have a huge number of packs to fly in the B400's...if I decided to do an all day flying marathon or something...LOL!

8. The Eflite 2100 packs I am using are quite lightweight.

There are probably more, just can't think of them all right now...

Glenn

Glenn
Old 01-03-2009, 12:15 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That is a nice charger. I saw it in RCHeli mag before. Are you saying you want to charge two batteries at once on that charger or just one?

Evan,

It must be torture not being able to fly for awhile. I am in the same boat with two of my helis. Least you will be heading back home soon, so you can get back to flying.

Glenn,

They only sell a belt version, but they sell a V2 tail for shaft drives and the main gear for shaft drives too. So I am guessing if someone bought the shaft drive boom, main gear, and tail case you could convert a V2 to be shaft drive.

I will get some pics of it soon.

Nick
Old 01-03-2009, 12:25 AM
evdreamer

Here is the V2 tail pics.

Name:	Ig12276.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1102132   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58314.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1102133   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15978.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1102134   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27433.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1102135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15819.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1102136  
Old 01-03-2009, 01:09 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for posting the pics, that does look nice....certainly a major improvement over the stock tail unit...

And thanks for setting me straight on the V2/shaft drive info as well, pretty interesting.

Hopefully, you will have some decent weather to fly tomorrow, and do some testing...the tail should work out nicely.

I didn't have to do too much tweaking to my Gaui when I went over to the MH tail, so you should be good with the V2 tail too...

I'm going to see how the weather pans out tomorrow, and decide then on what/if I will fly.

Good luck with the new setup, and congrats on the success with the DIY motors and the ESC build, neat stuff!

Glenn
Old 01-03-2009, 01:26 AM
JPEE

Nick,

I would want to charge two 3 cell packs at one time. For instance. My DN Power charger is only a 4 cell charger. It has 4 LCD windows on the face so you can see each cell charge. So like when I do three MCX single cell batteries, I plug each one in to one of the ports. It has a 1,2,3,4 wire separate port. Now back to the Turnigy. It has several ports to BUT it would have to be able show each battery with its 3 cells, will it regonize that? My DN Power Charger will do that like when I made the CX2 pig tails. I plug one 2 cell battery in one port and the other 2 cell battery in another of the avaialbe ports and they charge and balance "because I think" wiring of the numerous ports. I know this is starting to get confusing but the bottom line is, If I could take the Turnigy and plug in two each 3 cell batteries and charge and balance it would be cool. Then as I said before, it would charge two batteries at once, my DNPower would charge one battery and my C505 would charge one battery so I would have 4 packs going all at once. I already have 6 packs on hand but 4 are only 1800 but I am sure they would give some reasonable T-Rex 500 fly time, thats my goal. Even my airplane uses the same batteries and to my thinking that is a big money saver!

GLENN...............on this same note. I have been thinking this out for all of the reasons you mentioned in your post. Even if I bought two (2) of the $37.00 Turnigy chargers giving me 4 chargers total, you would still be WAY AHEAD should you lose one cell in one battery not take a financial bath. I cannot under any circumstance justify the price of a 5 to 6 cell battery and suffer its loss for whatever reason.

I am going to call HobbyKing tomorrow and see if someone can tell me if it is posssible. But firtI am gogint odownload the manual and see what it says. I also wrote a guy here on the Forum who has this charger to see what he says.

JPEE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.