Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:28 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

I wanted to get the ball bearing version of the links that go from the pitch slider to the grips like the V2 kits get, but I got brass bushings instead. The pitch slider gets stuck in some places of the tail shaft, so I need to clean the tail shaft and add some tri-flow to it. Yeah the tail feels a lot better than the stock tail with the plastic pitch slider. I also like having the tail shaft bearings being in metal instead of CF.

It will probably be a no fly day for me tomorrow since the winds are supposed to be 20+MPH. Hope you have good weather tomorrow.

I really want to try the bigger motor they offer and there is an even more powerfull motor that is smaller. That little motor can make a small airplane go 100+MPH.

Once I get done with AC electronics and IC's I should be able to build a better ESC that might work better. But for right now I am happy that I was able to get the motor to beep.

Nick
Old 01-03-2009, 01:38 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That charger you showed me doesn't have enough power to handle two batteries at once. The minimum power for one 2200mAh battery charging at 2.2A is 27.78W and with 2 that would be 55.57W. And I was thinking that charger was 50W max. I was thinking their was a higher power version of that charger. If there was, I was thinking you could make/buy a series adaptor to wire the two batteries in series, so you could charge it like a 6S battery. Then you could make a balance connector using a 7pin male E-Flite balancer and two 4pin female E-Flite balance connectors. Then wire one of the 4pin female connectors as the bottom 3 cells then the other as the top 3 cells. Hope that makes since. I could try and draw a picture if that would help.

Nick
Old 01-03-2009, 01:43 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry to hear that you will probably not fly tomorrow, I know you wanted to test the new tail...but as we both know, the Gaui is a no-go in 20 MPH winds! [>:]

Yeah, that is still a really good start on the motor and ESC project, for sure...the AC/IC classes should help alot too.

Speaking of 100 MPH...I was just playing on G4 to see how fast I could get various helis to go...and it's pretty interesting, and I think pretty realistic...

I can get a Trex 500 to go about 88 MPH, but that's about it...the Nitro 600 can do almost 100 MPH, but not quite, the best I managed was about 98 MPH..

I got the Trex 700 Nitro to 119 MPH! If they really go that fast, that is amazing!

Just playing around. I think the best I got out of the B400 was about 65 MPH or so...

Glenn
Old 01-03-2009, 01:54 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I didn't even know the 700 was available yet. When you did those test did you adjust anything or were those stock? The only time I saw how fast an aircraft went on G4 was with the jets. I never really though about seeing how fast the helis went. All I know is I don't want my helis going that fast or I will loose the orientation really quick.

Nick
Old 01-03-2009, 01:58 AM
JPEE

Hi Nick,
A good catch on the chargin watts. That charger max's out at 5 amps or, Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger so clearly that wont do the job.

Thank you for the offer to work out the system but I am only in the thinking mode right now, look below here

I may have solved the issue. I see they have the stepped up version at $80.00 which is double the price but three times the watts and is as follows:
The Accucel-8150 is a Lipoly/LiFe battery charging workhorse. Capable of handling up to 8S, 7A or a maximum of 150W charging current plus balancing and discharging packs.

The Accucell has various programming and charging modes. It will accept and safely charge NiCd,Lilo, Lipo, LiFe, Pb batteries.
Spec.
Operating voltage range: 11.0~18.0Volt
Circuit power: max. 150W
Charge current range: 0.1~7.0A
Discharge current range: 0.1~5.0A
NiCd/NiMH battery cell count: 1~27 cells
Lithium battery cell count: 1~8 Series
Pb battery voltage: 2 to 36V
Weight: 625g
Dimensions: 170X125X35mm

JPEE

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85642.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1102162  
Old 01-03-2009, 02:05 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yeah that 150W charger would do the job. I found the adaptor I was trying to explain at hobbycity. http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6569&Product_Name=Twin_p ack_charge_lead_(2_x_3S)6S_

I don't know if it has the correct connectors, but it clearily shows what I was thinking.

Nick
Old 01-03-2009, 02:20 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, the 700 has been out for a while now, it flies amazingly well. The one I have still has the 600 canopy markings on it, but it's definitely BIG. The power it has is amazing too...

The settings were all stock on the helis I flew. It's kinda hard to watch your max MPH while you are trying to acheive the fastest speed possible.

The fastest I just got the 700 up to was 122 MPH. It's a combination of forward flight, and full power, but it's kinda tricky to get the max speed, trying to juggle the elevator for just enough forward flight, yet not too much, or it slows down...

I'm pretty beat, making all kinds of typing errors here, that usually means I'm done for the night...[]

I'll talk to you guys tomorrow...

Glenn
Old 01-03-2009, 02:25 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I have to try that 700 out. It sounds like it is fun to fly.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Nick
Old 01-03-2009, 10:49 AM
JPEE

NICK...........That would do it for sure on the 15O watt charger. I would have to change the Deans to a EC3. I am gogin to look up an Align Charger I saw months and months ago where it had two ports for two 3 cells by design.

Thanks for snooping out that pig tail.

JPEE
Old 01-03-2009, 12:21 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

Just for fun I just soldered on a EC3 to a MCX pigtail and plugged in as you thought is should go the the C505. IT WORKS! Charge is underway...............more to come.

I almost forgot, I also just set up my DX6i for the MCX and it seems to fly a but more stable. Now everything I own is on the DX6i.

YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS BUT IDLE-UP WORKS ON THE MCX. I CAN HOVER IT AND LET HER HANG FROM A THREAD. THEN I FLIP THE IDLE-UP SWITCH AND SHE CLIMBS FOR THE CEILING AND I HAVE TO LET OF THE THROTTLE.

THE CHARGER WORKS GREAT, I HAVE DONE THREE PACKS FOR A BETA AND ALL IS WELL.

JPee
Old 01-03-2009, 02:04 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

It sounds like you are ready to go inverted with the MCX. LOL

Nick
Old 01-03-2009, 02:37 PM
JPEE

NICK, yes I am planning on trying some 3D stuff with the MCX this afternoon. I am just adding the 2 cell to the MCX so I don't lose power like the Gaui lol.

GLENN, I wne to Best Buy yesterday to get another 4" tripod for for my hand held Casio camera. Those thieves want $14.50 for the same tripod that camera came that I took apart for the helmet cam. I "thought" you said you found them for $7.00 or so ?

JPee
Old 01-03-2009, 03:39 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Not much time to chat, going to go flying in a few...

But yeah, I did find them for about $7...check eBay...I'm pretty sure you will find what you are looking for....do a search on "mini tripod" and see what comes up...or just got to Best Buy's website, get the model number and google it...

Should point ya in the right direction...see ya guys a bit later on...it's kinda windy, 14-17 MPH, so I'm going to stick with the B400 for today...no Gaui, and don't wanna risk the 500 just yet...LOL

Glenn
Old 01-03-2009, 03:48 PM
JPEE

Glenn, Good luck and good news when you return.

JPee
Old 01-03-2009, 04:06 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Have fun flying.

Nick
Old 01-03-2009, 04:37 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Mini-T...3A1%7C294%3A50

Can't beat that for $2.28!!

Glenn
Old 01-03-2009, 04:47 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I just had a great flying session...

Flew 3 packs, and just got back to basics...found a new place to fly, actually, not new, but normally being used, a baseball field...and it's only about 1/8 mile from the local airport...which turned out to be interesting...

Turns out, I was not the only one practicing flying with a helicopter...LOL...there was a guy practicing with a REAL heli at the airport. I think he was practicing taking off and landing, as he was slowly taking it lower and lower as he got it closer to the airport, before the trees got in my line of vision...

Pretty cool...it was a little heli, a pod and boom type thing, but still pretty loud when it was directly overhead...

I hovered an entire pack nose in...in the wind, which was a bit of a challenge...and I got distracted by the real heli overhead, it sounded like it was getting too close, but I couldn't look...LOL, and got a little off track with my nose in for about 20 seconds... but got it back.

Then, I practiced nothing but clockwise circles, which still give me some problems...and did OK with them.

Bottom line is, instead of just putting the heli up in the air and flying about aimlessly, I actually planned out and executed what I wanted to practice with each battery pack...something I am going to continue to do...

I read somewhere that you should have a plan for each flight ahead of time...and I agree...I find myself gettting into trouble, like the last big crash, when I was doing something that was neither planned or very well practiced...[X(]

Nick, the Weather Channel said it was windy there today? I guess no flying?[]

Glenn

Old 01-03-2009, 05:11 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool you saw a real heli. Was it a R22?

I don't plan what I do anymore since I am practicing freestyle type of flying. I sometimes try and plan a routine to do though.

Yeah it is a little windy and it has been lightly raining off and on all day.

Nick

Name:	Jh15902.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1102575  
Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2009, 07:07 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Not sure what kinda heli it was, but it didn't look like that pic...LOL, it was older looking.

Reminds me of my Hirobo XRB, with the ladder/cage type of tailboom...

As I was driving home, I looked at the airport entrance, and it was sitting there, so I was then sure that he/they were practicing landing and taking off...

I almost turned around and went for a look-see, but it looked like the guys around it were busy doing something to it...so I figured I wouldn't bother them...

I got my 40 amp ESC in the mail today from Horizon...took just over 2 weeks, which if you figure the holidays in, is very good service...

Sorry your weather is crappy. Hope you can get a break tomorrow. Mine is calling for showers in the afternoon, so if I go early, I might be OK.

Glenn
Old 01-03-2009, 07:29 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It is like the Lama in the pic?

Good to hear you got your ESC. My parts shipped out later than I hoped, so I didn't get them today. Most likely they will come Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Sorry you might be getting some rain tomorrow also. I am thinking about putting a spare 9257 on the Belt CP to make the tail a little faster like the rest of my helis.

Nick

Name:	Nl29549.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	1102683  
Old 01-03-2009, 07:59 PM
JPEE

Glenn, Nick,

Well no time to fly and it is grey and damp outside. We had a lot of fog this morning and for a great deal of the day. But I had so much stuff to catch up on here at the house as Glenn say's my Chores lol it took the whole day.
I did sneak in a few MCX flights to check the packs out. When the heli won't fly anymore and the nose lite blinks it takes 70mAh to bring it back up to 4.1-2. Now I only get with constant flying a firm 6 minutes and one pack gives me 7 min.

US HOBBYSUPPLY gave away the MCX to a guy, and they are through today giving 15% off everything!

GLENN, thanks for the Ebay site. I never even thought to look there as I said I thought you got yours from Best Buy! I will go ahead and get that little bugger. I want to be able to use my Casio to take pictures but more over make videos on my heli bench. I used my other for my helmet cam and I really miss it. The web cam is what I have been using but often the focus comes in and out as I move in and out in front of it. I am sure you remember the Quark tail vids they came out tops from my Casio camera!

A flying plan.
For me, I think a plan to do certain excercise's is great, that way you can work on your weak points and God knows we all have one more more LMAO. But I also need some air time to just simply fly and relax. Fly slow and then hot and enjoy part if it. The beauty now is that we all have a good deal of battery packs so we can "like you did today" work and play freestyle (not like Nick he's hot!) so to speak.

NICK,
Sounds like you will be busy with some mods and reworking a few helis with ESC's and Servo changes.............good luck.

Smiles JPEE

Old 01-03-2009, 08:15 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Sorry to hear your weather was also not the best it could be. Good to hear you got to fly the MCX today.

I need to fly soon because I have been bored most of my break. Good thing I will be going back to school soon, so that will keep me busy again.

Nick
Old 01-03-2009, 10:12 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

That heli in the pic looks alot like the heli I saw today, except for the colors. It was a small heli, for sure, but it still did make quite a bit of noise when overhead...I wonder if they looked down and could see me flying the RC heli??[:-] LOL

Hope your weather lets up and you can get some flying in...I'm gonna have to do my flying early...not 8 AM early like JPEE....LOL!! But earlier than I usually do...[X(]

JPEE,

I found tripods like that on eBbay, but didn't want to wait at the time, I wanted to get some video up quickly, so I did get mine from Best Buy, on sale, for $9.95...

For the sake of me, I can't figure out how they can sell some of that stuff so cheap on eBay...I know it's from China and all...but man is some of that stuff cheap!

A while back, I got an AC charger for my iPod, and it was .99 cents, plus $2.99 shipping... four bucks!!

I am going shopping soon...LOL...

I'm gonna look at Wal Mart for a microphone/headset for the PC, and try an experiement....I read an article that said that the voice recognition software in Windows Vista is actually quite good, if you tak take the time to set it up properly...sounds like fun!!

That way, I could just sit here and speak out my post on the forums....LOL!![sm=omg_smile.gif]

We'll see, I'm not going to get my hopes up .....LOL!

Talk to you guys soon...

Glenn
Old 01-03-2009, 10:53 PM
JPEE

GLENN,

Yea your right. A $2.98 for the tripod clear from China, how do that do that? I got my order in and it on the slow boat from China as they say LMAO

Wife and I just saw the news where your at 35 degree OH SHI* t cold for this boy but probably summer for NICK back in the BRASKA's LOL.

Good luck on the Computer SPEAK LOL. I used to do that with my Mac and then have it read back my letters for work when I was somebody.

JPee

Old 01-03-2009, 10:53 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I probably won't fly tomorrow since it will be pretty cold and I don't want a repeat of what happened when I flew the 450 in 6 degree weather. That is why I like the Gaui and 600 with their torque tubes because they handle the cold better than belt drives.

I have been dozing off and on all day, so if I don't respond for awhile you guys probably will know what happened to me. LOL

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.