Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 04:29 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

DOES THIS LOOK RIGHT? I SEE THE LITTLE HELI OCON BOTTOM RIGHT

Thanks you guys, I am waiting for him to call me to close the deal. It might not be the best price but there are others for more listed I have seen. Three days ago I saw one here in Cali for a little less but it had a broken switch replaced, dont want something I know got dropped. I asked the guy was this a heli or plane model and he said heli.

THANKS for tip off top the heli logo bottom right. I'll let you know soon I hope.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13076.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1105701  
Old 01-07-2009, 05:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Your P.M. worked going to all of us... You got the heli version so don't worry. There is a pic below I grabbed from someone that shows the little plane on the bottom that shows that it is the plane version... I guess also another difference is the location of some of the switches between the two versions :

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_81...112021#8112021

Enjoy the DX7 ! The pic below is a little blurry, but you can still see the cute lil' plane there....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70436.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1105770  
Old 01-07-2009, 05:53 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

That's not to bad of a deal that ya got... $350.00 for the DX-7 like mine usually includes the combo that comes with it for that price of $350.00, which included an AR6100, and 3 JR DS285 servo's... If you just wanted the DX7 with no accessories like I just listed you can usually find it only costs about $200-220.00... $40.00 - $50.00 dollars more for a new one from the purchase price ya got yours for...

The new DX7 SE is around $320.00 currently.... Here's a link to one website that sells the DX7 as a single unit :

http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=6255
Old 01-07-2009, 06:06 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

Well a few bucks is few bucks I guess. Thats 55.00 plus tax if I bought it at the LHS. I am still pleased to have completed my second use heli buy on line and have it all go smooth.

Thanks for the info link I am sure I 'll be reviewing soon.

JPEE
Old 01-07-2009, 06:12 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Sure no prob.... I just wanted to offer that info just in case for ya. I'am not sure how the warranties work if the TX is used from a previous owner and such.... Yeah, I may take the chance someday and get a used heli like you did !

Take care JPEE,

~ Jeff
Old 01-07-2009, 07:30 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

I am curious as to why you had to "give up" trying to get the DX6i to work with the Trex600/AR7000? [sm=confused.gif]

Or did you just want to step up on the radio along with the heli?

I know that the DX7 has a 2 step idle-up, which would be cool...

Glad you found a deal on one that you like...

Glenn

Old 01-07-2009, 07:53 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

The truth be told it was for two reasons. The first, with the DX7 I can receive help from "nameless" friends here on the thread (nick shooosh don't tell anyone). Two, there is that part that heli is a bit incomplete using the DX6 and "making it work". So what hay...... I put a few bucks in the circulation. I had two things on my plate. A new Dell with a great graphic card or the 600...........hummm tough choice!
Like said to Nick, to me it is like a heli that has been crashed on the shelf........I just can't stand it, everything has to be up and running. All I want to do is spool up the 600 and then self it! Yes shelf it. I want to finish my 500 fly it, enjoy it, and that "I" did the build and so on, you know. Then when the time comes, I'll bring out the 600. Another way to say it is......................if you drive a used Porshe first, then get in and drive a new Ford which one do you think you'll be in?? LMAO

JPee
Old 01-07-2009, 08:07 PM
evdreamer

I got to watch Alan Szabo fly on G4!!!!! That was so awsome.

Nick
Old 01-07-2009, 08:11 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

I got to watch Alan Szabo fly on G4!!!!! That was so awsome.

Nick

CRAZY !! [8D] I wondered that in time, we would see some legends on there... Sweet Nick ! Did you tell him yer coming for him ?! You'll be that good someday, I know it without a doubt....

Old 01-07-2009, 08:12 PM
JPEE

Nick, are you saying you say him LIVE on the G4?

Old 01-07-2009, 08:27 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yeah I saw him flying on the multiplayer live.

Jeff,

I have a lot of years of flying to catch up with him. I couldn't believe the moves he was doing extremely close to the ground and his tic tocs were in one spot and his flying was just smooth to say the least.

Nick
Old 01-07-2009, 09:10 PM
JPEE

Well heck Nick, that kinda makes you famuous!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:39 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

I see now...just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something that I didn't know about the electric 600 that a DX6i would not work out...but I was pretty sure it was OK with a 6 channel radio...[X(]

When I was thinking about nitro for a while there, I realized that I would need a 7 channel radio if/when I went that route...[>:]

Nick,

That is awesome that you saw him on there, I wonder how often he flies on G4 mulitplayer...was he on for long?

Glenn
Old 01-07-2009, 09:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

Hmmmmm...... Now I see why Finless says you should pin the boom for the Torque Tube's on the 500 !

Old 01-07-2009, 09:51 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

You don't need a 7ch transmitter to fly a nitro. The 7th channel is for the governor if you plan to use one, but it is not needed to fly one.

He was on for maybe 5-10min. I never really looked at the clock because I was glued to my computer screen. I saw him log on one other time when we were flying the blimps online, but he logged off shortly after he logged on.

Nick
Old 01-07-2009, 09:53 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

LMAO....at least it's somewhat comforting to know that even the "good guys" crash too...[sm=omg_smile.gif]

He doesn't look too happy...LOL[>:]

Glenn
Old 01-07-2009, 09:57 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I thought about that after I posted, I guess the throttle servo would just be run off of the throttle pins on the ESC, just like an ESC input...

I thought I read somewhere about a 7 channel with a nitro, but they were probably talking about the governor as well...

No need to worry, I'm not planning any heli purchases anytime soon anyways...LOL

About the only way I would buy a nitro would be used, you could save alot of money on the support stuff that way if you found someone getting out of the hobby, or out of nitro...

Glenn
Old 01-07-2009, 10:15 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys, just checking up on a few pages on here, seeing whats new, hows everyone doing?

not to much going on over here, sold my 4in1 and motors from my walkera to fund the brushless setup thats coming out in about a month, so I'll be down from flying untill feb. Just money is tight right now and thats the only way I can afford to go brushless with it. Been working alot lately 9am-8:30pm so I haven't been doing anything with rc's. The hobby shop I work at moved to a new location so the owner was getting rid of some "junk" So I managed to score two 7.2v 4200mah nimh packs for my stampede for free which I thought was pretty cool.

other then that work, school and wifey lol

whats everyone else been up too?

Been trying to sell my dx6i still for $105 shipped but everyone is saying that is a high price
Old 01-07-2009, 10:19 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

My flying club is having an auction next month and I was thinking about going and see what kind of deals they were having on airplanes/helis. Even though I like flying helis a lot, I like that planes can fly for 10-15min and it might be fun for a change of pace. At least it would be interesting to see what people are selling then maybe I can sell some of my older helis and a charger.

Nick
Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn,

My flying club is having an auction next month and I was thinking about going and see what kind of deals they were having on airplanes/helis. Even though I like flying helis a lot, I like that planes can fly for 10-15min and it might be fun for a change of pace. At least it would be interesting to see what people are selling then maybe I can sell some of my older helis and a charger.

Nick

Nick ~

That would be cool if ya got a plane ! There so relaxing to fly.... All my planes are fully disassembled still from when I had to make the move back home. I can't wait to fly one as it has been forever. Geez.... Hope I remember ! On my Typhoon 2 3-D with a 2100mah 3-cell (450 batts) I'll get 15-18 minutes in the air if I wanted, but usually cut it shorter as I'am pretty much played out by then sometimes...

~ Jeff

Old 01-07-2009, 10:48 PM
J-MICHAEL

Heli ~

That was nice of your LHS to give ya those batts for your Stampede... Your not missing to much as Winter has us by the you know what.

~ Jeff
Old 01-07-2009, 11:12 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I have been looking at the E-Flite Diamante since it has easy access to the battery compartment and I have seen an A123 setup with it. I am trying not to use LiPo's anymore and only use A123's. I used motocalc and it estimated I could get 11min of flight with a 4S setup. I also like that it is balsa and weighs around 3 pounds. I am not in a hurry to build one since I am unfamiliar with airplanes except my RTF supercub.

Nick
Old 01-07-2009, 11:35 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I like it ! I just looked it up on-line and was checking it out... I don't really know to much either about the planes, I just fly them... LMAO... I still need to get my build going for my Funtana. I was always worried before on putting it together as it is a balsa jobber also and I was worried I would wreck it, since my landings are still a little hairy but after seeing my dad crash his lightly a few times I was amazed that the balsa stuff is more durable than I had thought. Like you I like the ease of getting to the the battery by just opening up the magnetic hatch to gain access. My Typhoon makes it easy to get to the battery also, but my Aerobird Challengers sometimes can be a pain...

I know one of the crucials on a plane is the CG as it is for our heli's... I bet you'll love that plane, even though I'am unfamiliar with it... There so many planes out there its hard to keep up ! I use an AR6100 in the Typhoon, and still can't believe the range those little buggers will put out... I've had my Typhoon so far out I could hardly acquire orientation to bring it back. Probably why on my Trex 450 flying with only one antenna for awhile I had no probs, but still playing with fire on that one... I'am glad I replaced it however. The planes are purely simple. Compared to our heli's the planes are Tonka Toys, and takes nothing to set-up or fix during a crash... Minutes compared to hours...

You need to get into the planes for some side-fun so I can learn more from ya ! Don't worry I won't tell Glenn if ya get a plane....LMAO...

Take er' easy,

~ Jeff
Old 01-08-2009, 12:12 AM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

It sounds like you have a busy schedule. Cool to hear you got two free batteries. I started back at school today. I was a little rusty on what I learned last quarter, but I think it all came back to me today.

Jeff,

Good luck with the Funtana they are nice looking planes also. Yeah I was worried about the CG especially when using A123's since they are a tad heavier than the recommended LiPo's for the planes. On one of the planes that use a 480 motor they had to have 2cells up front and one in the back to balance it out. I would like for the cells to all be next to each other. Then I don't know how big the available space is inside a plane to place the A123 batteries. I wanted to convert an Alpha 40 to electric since I already flew a nitro one, but I learned the motors should have some angles built into the mounts and I don't know what those should be. Then I don't know what size battery and shape would be needed for it. It can be windy at my flying field, so I need something that is somewhat heavy to handle the wind.

Lets see, you want me to do a flybarless setup and an airplane, anything else. LOL

Nick
Old 01-08-2009, 12:26 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I think that would be a cool thing for you to do...it would be a nice change of pace, and the flight times would sure be nice too..

Rob has a foamie plane that he was flying at the field when I was there. He says he can't fly it very well, but he was doing OK with it.

There was a guy there with a pretty big bi-plane, and he was a good plane pilot, he made it look so realistic, it was amazing...they are cool for a change of pace and scenery.

I'll bet they are a piece of cake to work on in comparison to helis...LOL, at least set-up wise. I would imagine the balsa ones might be a bit of a problem if they crashed hard though.

Heli,

Sounds good, you are not missing much flying wise in your weather anyways...I look at everyone's weather most days, and your's is almost always at least 10 or 20 degrees colder than mine is...and when I get rain, you usually get snow...LOL[]

Glad to hear that all is going well, and you are staying busy...

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.