Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Raketemensch

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Yup, they're out there and affordable, I'm just waiting for the next paycheck before I bite the bullet on that.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:42 PM
dISCOdAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the pipe i just threw on my Jammin today... PCR 2027 top end pipe. Havent gotten a chance to run it yet. I also just installed the Pro CNC 5mm shock towers, Z brace, CNC chassis braces, U-joint center shafts... its almost Pro specs now. New wheels / tires/ and wing... just waiting on my custom airbrushed body
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92592.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	477771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69842.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	477772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46178.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	477773  
Old 06-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Raketemensch

Looks good, man. Make sure to post some pics when you get the new body.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:04 PM
dISCOdAN

I have one... heres some pics of the whole car as well... so you can picture it.

Name:	Db85275.jpg
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	477793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94295.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	477794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36716.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	477795   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh10892.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	477796  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:44 PM
WPGguy

So far you've posted a revo or something and now a buggy....

you do infact own a truggy no?
Old 06-15-2006, 12:07 AM
dISCOdAN

Nope.. this thread somewhat applies to my buggy... there doesnt seem to be a very large number of people on here that run a Jammin CR buggy[]
Old 06-15-2006, 12:14 AM
WPGguy

hrm wunder why? not doing as well as the CRT's? shame... cause the succsess and failure of either probably will dramatically effect the
updates/parts/aftermarket of the other...

Anyhow, my CF install is almost done.

did the rear tower, the diff brace the radio trade and the front brace only need to do front tower

Left to do:

tires/rims
new clear body to paint
alloy chassis braces and maybe the z brace

tommorow is payday w0000t!! hopefully my LSH will have all that stuff.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Dirby

you may be sorrey thay you bought all that carbon fiber stuff.
carbon fiber is very brittle.
i had to find somthing with a bigger hole for my antena rod for my nomadio.
the tube that comes with the jammin was to small for the antenna wire to fit through.
i found a piece of carbon fiber rod that was hollow i used for my foamies.
it fit the antena wire perfect.
i instaled it on my jammin and the first time the jammin rolled over on top of the carbon fiber rod the rod splintered and looked like a half peeled banana.
now i gotta find somthing else for the antenna tube.
again carbon fiber is strong but very brittle.
Dirby.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:52 PM
WPGguy

lol?

you used a carbon fiber tube for your reciever antena and wunder why it cracked?

like.. carbon fiber for the whole antena?
Old 06-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Raketemensch

The antenna tube that came with the RTR was definitely an odd size, it took me forever to get the thing threaded properly. I ended up soaking it with dishsoap and threading it very slowly once it got about halfway through. You shouldn't get such a feeling of accomplishment from threading an antenna tube :]

Well, tonight I removed the front end and the rear end, straightened my chassis, and installed the aluminum braces and the new dogbones. While I had it apart, I replaced the diff cups too, since it came with new ones. I'll use the original ones as spares. There was really no visible wear on them, but I had new ones and I had the thing apart, so...

I took a bunch of photos, I'll post them later. While I had it apart I also boiled the front bumper and the wing stays. They're a lot more flexible now. Hopefully they're about as flexible as those plastic chassis braces. I also did a bit of forensics to figure out how it all happened.

Now, I'm no n00b to driving, but I'm still getting comfortable with controlling the vehicle in the air. I really thought I had it down, when WHAM, I had the crash that wiped out the chassis. I figured that the engine stalled after the big impact.

Looking back, I realized that the tank was empty too. At the time, in all the excitement of figuring out what was broken it didn't hit me, but tonight I realized that the engine must have stalled while I was in the air because I ran out of fuel, so I couldn't hit the gas to bring the nose down, and I landed on the tail. It's a shame that so much damage could be done to a new vehicle just because I ran out of fuel. I honestly feel like the thing should be better built, even for an RTR.

OK, now next question -- what are you guys removing to change the diff oils? I need to change mine before I go out for the full test run on Tuesday.

Thanks,
Raketemensch
Old 06-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Tazer_version_A

engine must have stalled while I was in the air because I ran out of fuel, so I couldn't hit the gas to bring the nose down,
Uhhhh - you use the brakes to bring the nose down .... not gas.

Diff setups for the crt are available here .....

http://www.jamminproducts.com/setups.htm

10k front diff .... 20-30k center diff ..... 1-5-7k rear diff might be a good base setup to try, and tune from there.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Raketemensch

Well, I've got the diff oils, I'm just wondering what the quickest way is to get in to change it. I've got 7k/30k/3k, I just am not sure what the easiest way is to get at the diffs.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:48 AM
WPGguy

As my hobby shop guy said, thats one of the benefits of builing a kit.... you can put the diff oil in without having to take it all appart

gotta take the diffs all out and load em up then throw it all back together. I personall don't think I'll be doing that any time soon.
Just finished putting in all my carbon fiber and new rims/tires/body ect.. maybe next weekend or I'll just pay the LHS to do it cause I'm lazy.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:30 AM
Raketemensch

Well, I had them off today, but how do you load them up? It's like the bottom seals to the chassis, so do I open them from the top somehow? or do I fill them from the bottom and reattach the chassis?

Old 06-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Raketemensch

Ah, so THAT'S what they mean by "sealed diff." Makes much more sense than how I thought it was done.

I'm eating a yogurt right now to have a cup to soak the diffs in wd-40 to get the original grease out. Fruit on the Bottom, meet Kerosene and mystery flammables.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Raketemensch

Well, I finished everything up at 10 to midnight Sunday night. I got the new braces on, the dogbones and diff cups in, redid the shocks with 40/55wt, and redid the diffs with 7k/30k/3k front to back. You can really feel the difference just rolling it on the floor, MAN that 30k oil is thick.

It'll get tested on Tuesday, RC Madness up in Enfield, CT does a practice night on their dirt track, and they're open until 10. Actually, if I can get out of work early on Tuesday I'll probably just end up at Wolcott Hobby, I really like their track and it's about 20 minutes closer to me.

I can't wait to run it. I had this horrible sinking feeling that after the crash I'd end up with a crippled, handicapped vehicle, but now it's better than ever. I'll probably pick up a new chassis in a month or so, but for now it's pvery straight, if a little weakened. Hopefully the aluminum braces can take care of that....

- Raketemensch
Old 06-19-2006, 05:19 AM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Raketemensch

Well, I finished everything up at 10 to midnight Sunday night. I got the new braces on, the dogbones and diff cups in, redid the shocks with 40/55wt, and redid the diffs with 7k/30k/3k front to back. You can really feel the difference just rolling it on the floor, MAN that 30k oil is thick.

It'll get tested on Tuesday, RC Madness up in Enfield, CT does a practice night on their dirt track, and they're open until 10. Actually, if I can get out of work early on Tuesday I'll probably just end up at Wolcott Hobby, I really like their track and it's about 20 minutes closer to me.

I can't wait to run it. I had this horrible sinking feeling that after the crash I'd end up with a crippled, handicapped vehicle, but now it's better than ever. I'll probably pick up a new chassis in a month or so, but for now it's pvery straight, if a little weakened. Hopefully the aluminum braces can take care of that....

- Raketemensch

Raketemensch, I just noticed you're from new haven man, what part? Do you gp up to wolcott or speedzone at all, I've always thought madness was to far but I had to go up there saturday to get a servosavar for the CRT (like a moron I took it apart and stripped the tube) and realized it isnt too bad if you dont mid droppin the $ on gas. Also I would just like to say hello and introdu-sh myself as I just got a CRT kit myself and will be nosing around here also.

Heres some a pic of as far as I have gotten so far, waiting on my pipe (OS 2060), but I cant wait to rip this thing.

Name:	Ge94892.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	479697  
Old 06-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Raketemensch

ORIGINAL: claudacio

Raketemensch, I just noticed you're from new haven man, what part? Do you gp up to wolcott or speedzone at all, I've always thought madness was to far but I had to go up there saturday to get a servosavar for the CRT (like a moron I took it apart and stripped the tube) and realized it isnt too bad if you dont mid droppin the $ on gas. Also I would just like to say hello and introdu-sh myself as I just got a CRT kit myself and will be nosing around here also.

Heres some a pic of as far as I have gotten so far, waiting on my pipe (OS 2060), but I cant wait to rip this thing.
I've been to Enfield once, but I didn't own the truck yet, I was just checking it out. It looks like a cool track, and really, since it's closer to 91, I don't think it's that much further of a drive. Once you get off of 91/691 on the way to Wolcott, there's still a lot more driving before you get to the track. I think that in actual driving time, it's probably only about 15 minutes further. And the big thing is that they're open 'til 10 on Tuesdays, whereas Wolcott closes at 6. If you get out of work at 5, there's no way you could ever run on a weekday. But the people at Wolcott are really nice, and the track is a blast.

Where is Speedzone?

-- Raketemensch
Old 06-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Dirby

just in case anybody is interested i use to live in meriden conn.
Dirby.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:49 PM
claudacio

ORIGINAL: claudacio

I've been to Enfield once, but I didn't own the truck yet, I was just checking it out. It looks like a cool track, and really, since it's closer to 91, I don't think it's that much further of a drive. Once you get off of 91/691 on the way to Wolcott, there's still a lot more driving before you get to the track. I think that in actual driving time, it's probably only about 15 minutes further. And the big thing is that they're open 'til 10 on Tuesdays, whereas Wolcott closes at 6. If you get out of work at 5, there's no way you could ever run on a weekday. But the people at Wolcott are really nice, and the track is a blast.

Where is Speedzone?

-- Raketemensch
Yeah the 6 O'clock thing sucks at wolcott, I get out at 3:30 - 4:00 and still cant get home and packed and all that and get there. Speedzone is in rockyhill, 5 minutes off exit 23 (of I-91). Its a pretty decent track, I dont even know what madness's track looks like, when I went there saturday I couldnt get home fast enough to get back to building the kit so I ran outta there, it was a zoo and it was raining so I could imagine how it would be on a nice day.

As far as speedzone there hours arent much better than wolcott, but heres there site http://www.speedzonerc.com/sz_homepage.htm The track is pretty big and has the JOD (jump of death), I think anyone thats driven on that track has broken on that jump, but it has a very hard back stretch thats hard to get through without getting messed up by either hitting the wall and flipping or going off a little embankment and flipping over, and without a marshall there its a long walk from the driver stand, LOL.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:44 PM
claudacio

Some pics of my just about done, waiting for the paint to dry CRT pro.

Name:	Ge96136.jpg
Size:	464.9 KB
ID:	480030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54415.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	490.6 KB
ID:	480031   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz70012.jpg
Size:	479.5 KB
ID:	480032   Click image for larger version

Name:	At54878.jpg
Size:	490.3 KB
ID:	480033   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zl70270.jpg
Size:	416.6 KB
ID:	480034  
Old 06-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Raketemensch

Ah, went with the v-spec, I see. I'm heading up to Enfield tomorrow to give my CRT its first post-hospital run. Can't wait.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:21 AM
claudacio

Ah, went with the v-spec, I see. I'm heading up to Enfield tomorrow to give my CRT its first post-hospital run. Can't wait.
EB modded V-spec, man I hope that thing is worth the moeny. I took wed., thurs and fri. off this week so I will be seeing how this baby flies a few days this week, hopefully everything holds together, LOL.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:24 AM
canucksrc

Where are you guy's finding the Chassis braces. I'm looking for an online sotre other than E-bay. I have the new JP-3 Pipe installed on my CRT RTR and can't wait to fire it up this weekend[>:]

P
Old 06-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Raketemensch

I picked up my aluminum chassis braces at amainhobbies.com, they were less than $50. Other places list them, but noone had them in stock.

I stopped to check out the Speedzone track today, and since they were staying open until 7 and I got there aat 5, I just didn't continue on to Enfield (which was open until 10) and ran a few tanks through. First thing I noticed -- the track is HUGE, and they're even omitting a portion of it right now, and it's still a really long lap.

Then I noticed that I installed the rear diff backwards. Oops. It looked kinda funny to see the front and rear wheels spinning in opposite directions....

Luckily I had ripped this thing apart enough times this weekend, and it only took me about 10 minutes to rip it out and turn it around and reinstall everything. It seemed like an eternity when I was listening to the CR running the track behind me, but I eventually got everything geared up and out on the track.

Another stupid thing I did was soak the wheels and tires this weekend to get the caked dirt off of them. The foam is like a sponge, and so the tires still have water in them. You haven't seen ballooning until you see a truggy with wet tires screaming down the straight -- they got down to about 3/4 of an inch wide, and it sounded like it was galloping. I'm just going to have to pull the tires off and dry the foam and reglue them. Any advice for getting them off without screwing up because of the existing glue?

The other thing I noticed was that the engine really snapped into shape after about the 6th tank I've run through it. The difference was very noticeable, it just got really smooth and really fast, coming out of the corner and punching it on the straight was a very visceral experience. This little bugger can FLY. Literally. Pulled my first back flip today. I hadn't intended to, but with the wet tires I got upside down, and just kept it going off the MASSIVE jump they have afterthe hairpin at the end of the straight on this track. Nice elevation changes, lots of bumps and switchbacks, overall a very nice track.

I think I'll end up making Tuesday my regular day to leave work early and go run for a couple of hours. The only hard part is waiting another week to go run.

- Raketemensch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.