Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

hey guys i flew once today and once yesterday and did okay but i got worse cause florida lol and now im broke because the reptile stuff was more than i expected
Old 01-08-2009, 11:45 PM
J-MICHAEL

But, I was thinking about you, and was wondering if you had any R/C BOATS....LMAO!

Glenn ~

I got a boat last year from a guy getting out of the hobby for free, but its nitro and I know nothing about a boat or nitro among that ! It sits in the garage on a shelf, and I just still keep it for the 'cool factor' LMAO..... I'am thinking someday I'll try and convert it to electric which shouldn't be that bad from what I hear researching it. To bad it wasn't running or it would be pretty cool to go to the flood waters where its calm and be the only one out there having fun...

Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 PM
J-MICHAEL

I polished my Trex 450 boom more today.... I chucked it in my Dewalt cordless drill and used some wet/dry sandpaper finishing with 1500 grit and then using some polishing cloth and it turned out chrome for better visibility when It starts getting far out and harder to orientate (SP ?)

Old 01-08-2009, 11:56 PM
J-MICHAEL

Since it was so windy today I took out the buggy and the E-Maxx for a bit... I then went to my friends house to film the buggy but it was getting dark, and I ended up in the church parking lot next door but even with the lights the video came out pretty dark. I've also got to practice on my throttle managment as its been over a year now since I've ran them. The buggy before was geared low for my friends back yard from last year and so after today I can see I need to throw on a bigger pinion as there's so much torque I can't go over 60 % throttle or she flips on her back. Plus I need a bigger area to get it up to 70 mph's or so, but definately have to re-gear...

Maybe I'll post the video later, but it was more of a test run and crappy...

Old 01-08-2009, 11:57 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan, Jeff,

Evan,

Glad to hear that you at least got out and flew a bit each day...that will help you from getting too rusty...lol

Yeah, reptiles can be expensive, my snakes ate alot of mice. I tried to raise my own mice, but that is a very messy and smelly proposition, let me tell ya...LOL[]

Jeff,

Buffin' the ole tailboom, eh? LMAO! Looks cool though...

That boat still got the engine in it? FIRE IT UP...LOL!!

Nitro is fun, especially in an RC vehicle or boat, where reliability is not QUITE so important as it is in a heli...LOL..who cares if it stalls out once in a while...[X(]

Hope you can fly tomorrow, do some loops with the 500...LOL

I KINDA know what you mean by the first crash on the 500....I am still flying mine so gingerly (being a weenie...LOL)...it's almost no fun!!

Glenn
Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Nick,

I have my attorneys speaking with them now on the unbreakable skids. I think they want to settle for 1.2 mill.

I think I am out of warranty?? DUH

JPee
JPEE,

You crack me up. Hope your infection goes away.

Glenn,

Yeah I think it would be fun to try something new by flying planes, but the cost of getting into has me wondering if I would enjoy it or not.

Evan,

Cool to hear you are still getting flights in with the B400.

Jeff,

Cool boat. When are you going to tear apart that Dewalt battery and get your 450 and cars running off A123's. LOL

Nick
Old 01-09-2009, 12:24 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

LOL.... Wax on....Wax off....

Evan ~

Cool ya got to fly today ya dog ! I got a bit to run my cars but that's it...

Nick ~

LOL... Yeah if I did use the Dewalt batts at least I know Home -Depot is down the road in case I need to stock up on more batts...LMAO

JPEE ~

How many fingers am I holding up ?!! LMAO... Only you know I'am kidding ! But on a serious note take care of that eye and mind the doctor and such...

I took the buggy out for a quick test run but it was getting dark. I need to gear it up much more from where its at now. Not to impressive, as it was a last minute thing to cam it but I'd watch it in high quality or its horrible... Its kinda dark... I'll try and get out soon and find a bigger area where I can really open it up full throttle and daylight hours...LOL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIj9SNHW_G8
Old 01-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Evan T.

Jeff that's a pro boat miss budweiser 1/12 scale hydroplane with a dynamite .18 marine engine in it your luck I always wanted it I have the shockwave 36 which is much bigger and love it reserch it
Old 01-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Evan T.

Jeff it looks like your taking it apart I see it's missing the exhaust pipe stabalizer fins on the sides and some other stuff
Old 01-09-2009, 01:20 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

That car has an insane amount of power. It makes my brushed car look extremely slow.

Nick
Old 01-09-2009, 02:32 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Looks like you are narrowing down your decision on a plane...sounds cool! Hope you find one that works out well for ya...

Jeff,

I heard about the flooding in Washington, and the snow in Spokane, but I had no idea it was that bad...wow, you are lucky to not be in that mess! But, I was thinking about you, and was wondering if you had any R/C BOATS....LMAO!

Glad you are OK...

JPEE,

Nice online flight journal/diary! It makes for interesting reading, glad the damage was minimal!

The wooden blades, when they impact something solid, are quite impressive to watch, eh?

My last crash left a debris field at least 25 feet in all directions...LMAO!

I don't get too much in the way of blurriness, except when it's really cold and windy...but I do suffer some serious eye strain after a long session...my vision takes a while to adjust back for driving the car home...LOL[X(]

Glenn
GLENN............WOW I would not want todricve home with blurry eyes. If the Johnny Law pulled yuo over they would think DUI.
JPEE

Old 01-09-2009, 02:37 AM
JPEE

Dag-gone Jeff that freakin car look real!!!!!!!!!

Cool
Old 01-09-2009, 02:42 AM
JPEE

Jeff, what a great boat! Looks real life.

JPee
Old 01-09-2009, 07:45 AM
J-MICHAEL

Evan ~

LOL... Well you know your boats huh ?! [8D] I got it all disassembled like that, and most the parts are just sitting in the hull... Maybe someday...

Nick ~

Brushless running on a 3-cell lipo the only way to go........ The video came out pretty dark, but I'll try and find a bigger area for the car in the daylight hours and try a better video in the future...

JPEE ~

Ya better be working no that 500 mister !

Glenn ~

Still waiting for that video with that 500 doing some loops......

~ Jeff
Old 01-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Carljw

Hi Everyone
I took my B400 to the school gym last night since my buddy is back to work to let me in..
I had it in the air 2 minutes and it starts spinning in a circle real bad it come down main
blades I just put on new and a spindle. Guess i got off lucky. Found on my DX6i that the
rudder trim is all the way to the right and stuck there and will not let me move it back
to center. I went to my other modles to look and see how it would ack and they were all centered but would go to the right but not back to the left. I wil call Horizon when the open
and send it back. One problem I do not have the recept for the radio they have it since
I sent it in with the bar code off the box for my free reciver whe they had that program
goining on last summer.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:39 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

Good luck getting your transmitter fixed.

Nick
Old 01-09-2009, 01:52 PM
evdreamer

I just got my parts and the V2 frame. It looks amazing. I can't wait to fly this thing.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:16 PM
JPEE

Hey guys,

Evan............good you got some flight times in.

Jeff, hummmmmmmmmmm your holding 6 fingers and three thumbs...right?

Glenn, we would like to see any video of the 500 even spooling up, I know its a bit stressful but you can do it, I have faith in ya!

Nick, smiles on the V2. Getter done and in the air!

No flying, I have work today and the wind it blowing beyond explanation or discription

JPee.............time out 11:16 a.m PST
Old 01-09-2009, 03:51 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I almost finished putting everything together on the Gaui. I just need to attach the receiver and the ESC. I might have some trouble getting the skids out of the old skid supports. It feels like they are glued in their. Then I just need to put a new servo horn on the 450 and that will be ready to fly and the Belt CP will be once I put in the new main gear. Here is some pics of the Gaui 200V2 SD. I really like the boom clamp on the V2 frame. It will make replacing crown gears a lot faster. I have to go to my work and turn some paper work in, so I won't be able to finish it for awhile. Even if I did finish it today I want to wait for the loctite to cure on the pinion, so I don't have any repeats of what happened.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89613.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	1107010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34016.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1107011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24671.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1107012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25121.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1107013  
Old 01-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Evan T.

Carl try going to the settings and to sub trim and change it from there
Old 01-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Carljw

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Carl try going to the settings and to sub trim and change it from there
I called them and they said send it in so its on its way. Funny thing I went into sub trims and on the B400 settings screan ther was only two arrows showing on the settings for up down left and right.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:31 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That new V2 frame is awesome looking! Looks like it has plenty of room for the servos to grow...lol...

Now are those landing gear supports Gaui stuff, or did you get some aftermarket ones? And you are having a hard time getting the skids out of the supports?

How about the red main gear, that is new too?

Looks great, hope it flies well too...I like that you change the motor position for CG changes, sounds like what I need to do...

Glenn
Old 01-09-2009, 06:51 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah now there is plenty of room for servos unlike the V1.

Yeah the black landing gear is from Gaui. People say they are stronger than the stock white ones. Yeah I am having a real hard time getting the skids out of the supports. The little screw holding them in would have been enough, but there has to be glue also in there. So I am going to have to cut the supports to get to the skids. I would have liked to salvage the rear supports, but it doesn't look like that will be possible.

Yeah the red gear is new for the V2 version. The only thing that isn't from the V2 is the paddles, tail blades, and main rotor yoke. The paddles and tail blades didn't look any different than the V1 except they are now black. And I don't have a .9mm hex driver to take the flybar cage off for the main rotor yoke.

The canopy is super tight on this frame compared to the V1. I need to have the motor up front, but that is impossible with the shaft drive. I need that battery support to help with the CG, but helidirect was sold out when I bought the frame and crash parts.

Nick
Old 01-09-2009, 08:04 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

I almost finished putting everything together on the Gaui. I just need to attach the receiver and the ESC. I might have some trouble getting the skids out of the old skid supports. It feels like they are glued in their. Then I just need to put a new servo horn on the 450 and that will be ready to fly and the Belt CP will be once I put in the new main gear. Here is some pics of the Gaui 200V2 SD. I really like the boom clamp on the V2 frame. It will make replacing crown gears a lot faster. I have to go to my work and turn some paper work in, so I won't be able to finish it for awhile. Even if I did finish it today I want to wait for the loctite to cure on the pinion, so I don't have any repeats of what happened.

Nick
Hi NIck,

It wont be long and the fleet will be air worthy. I like the Gaui new V2 tail. Of course it reminds me of my 500.

EVERYONE LISTEN UP! G4.5 news

My good friend who shall remain nameless wanted to get a G4, as he is now one of us....a heli junkie. I have started him slowly with and MCX and with have him mainlining into a CX2 or 3 very soon lol. When he went into the LHS they now only carry the G4.5! After my warning to him about none of us being able to get the updrade to work he called them and asked why? and why did he have to get the 4.5 and not the 4 anymore. See what transpired below. The names and places have been change to protect the innocent.

JPEE,

Ok here it is, I did call them back to askle them why.

Laptops have Integrated Graphics which is a 'chipset' and do not support G4.5. Laptops use a chipset due to space issues since a video card is larger, makes sense actually. So, my laptop and probably yours has a "Mobile Intel Chip". Mine is Mobile Intel® 915GM. According to Real Flight the Mobile Intel chip 9xx series will not support G4.5. That is all I have on that.

Real Flight said my workaround was to purchase the G4.5 version, not install it, call them back with the serial number and then they would send me the disks for the G4.0 version.

JPEE, I am not sure how I feel about this whole thing. On the one hand, so many people have laptops these days, why on earth would you develop a program that cannot work on a laptop unless you are able to really upgrade the video capabilities. On the other hand, this is sophisticated software and it is what it is. Oh well, off the soapbox for now
Signed "Newbee with the answers"

WELL GUYS THAT SHOULD ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS. I KNOW MYSELF, JEFF AND I THINK NICK ALL USE LAPTOPS. GLENN, YOUR USING A TOWER ARENT YOU?

Old 01-09-2009, 08:14 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

You want to hear something sick. I was cleaning up my outside garage shop bench and found my two Eflite 400 chargers. I had totally foergotten I even had that dang things. If I were to use those plus the new stuff I got woth the 600 I can charge six (6) 3 cell 400 packsat at once. Told you it was sick. Once you know your basic safe flight times with a same margin theres nothing wrong with using the Eflite stock chargers in my humble opinion do ya think?

JPEE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.