Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 01:25 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff,

You might be interested in this data since you have CC ESC's. This is with 2400RPM's, -11 degrees of pitch, 10T pinion, Align 3S 2100mAh 20C battery, and a Scorpion 2221-6 motor. These are the numbers that I saw the easiest, they might be a little higher. I thought it was interesting. Based on the numbers my 60A ESC is a little over kill. A CC45 would probably do just fine. An Eagle tree would probably be easier to see the data better since it will put it on a graph.

8KHz- 34A, 327W 12KHz- 30A, 300W 16KHz- 33A, 367W 24KHz- 40A, 429W

Nick
Old 01-10-2009, 04:09 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, so much for flying today...stepped out of the house, Flip cam, Trex 500 and all...and the sleet started, now it's rain...[]

Maybe tomorrow, but I don't know...supposed to be winds from 15-25 MPH...so I'll have to play it by ear...[]

How is everyone else's day going?

Glenn
Old 01-10-2009, 04:32 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear it is raining for you. It snowed last night here.

I finished the Gaui up and made some adaptors to hook the Gaui up to the Power meter this morning. This balances the Gaui out great. LOL

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87857.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1107863  
Old 01-10-2009, 05:03 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the power meter...

LOL, the Gaui would be a missle with that 3S pack...LOL!

Is your fun fly this Sunday, or next?

Hope you get to fly either way...

Glenn
Old 01-10-2009, 05:24 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I tried using 3S in the past and it is extremely loud(like 600 sized loud). I went to readyheli and did their headspeed calculator and with the stock motor and 2S it would be around 3770RPM and 3S it would be around 5660RPM. I know the calculator isn't the most accurate, but least I can get an idea.

The Fun Fly is this Sunday. I want to get a test flight in with the Gaui, so I know everything is working but I will need to scoop the snow. I found out the MH metal is pretty soft on the Gaui and I could bend back the mixing arms. Then I also bent back the blade grip arms to make them strait again.

Nick
Old 01-10-2009, 05:57 PM
evdreamer

I just measured the little motor I made on 3S and it had 18W and used 1.11A for the peak.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:43 PM
rotarydoc

[quote]ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn,

I tried using 3S in the past and it is extremely loud(like 600 sized loud). I went to readyheli and did their headspeed calculator and with the stock motor and 2S it would be around 3770RPM and 3S it would be around 5660RPM. I know the calculator isn't the most accurate, but least I can get an idea.

LOL, 5660 RPM headspeed, the thing probably sounds like a small JET...

Glenn
Old 01-10-2009, 07:11 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just got back from a test flight and I am not happy with the new pitch slider because it caused a lot of wag with very little gain. I swaped the old pitch slider on and it was holding great like before. It still seems to have power like it did before with all of the new metal parts. Overall I am happy with the V2 frame and tail case. If the pitch slider links had ball bearings like the MH ones have instead of using bushings it would work a lot better. I still need to work on the tail since when I rotate left it wants to add a few more degrees of rotation after that.

Nick
Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

If memory serves me correctly, I had wagging issues with my Gaui after I installed the MH tail setup...I ended up getting by with reducing the gyro gain a bit..and it went away.

I have no idea why that would be, unless in my case, the slider was more smooth and had better response?

But, the end result was good, once I got the gain figured out again...

Glenn
Old 01-10-2009, 07:25 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Mine felt ok on the ground when I moved it by hand, but it might be binding in the air because of the bushings then the servo and gyro would over correct. I was around 60% on the gain with the V2 one and I am at 75% with the old pitch slider. Oh well, I will stick with what works. Least the V2 pitch slider didn't set me back a lot.

Nick
Old 01-10-2009, 07:31 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Well after looking a the weather maps, Glenn and I have winds 20-35 mph for two days unfortunately, sorry to say it looks like we can't get out and fly. Nick, your at 25-27 degrees, ouch! A guy could get a freezer burn there! But your Fun Fly is inside is it not...no need to reply.

I just can't get my motor started today. We are trying to re-configure the heli room here to accept that 600 and its gear. Glenn, you'll like this. One of the things we want to do is put the small flat screen on the wall which I am sure you have seen on my photos. DOUBLE YIKES, (jeff) those wall mounts are off the charts $$. Walmart is next to Best Buys and you know what? BestBuys is cheaper! We are also looking installing another 10' shelf like Jeff and I both use (white wire) and put that above the existing one to handle some of the overload. I was all set to get back to the 500 today but one thing and another I did not. Perhaps tomorrow or later tonight.

Nick, your really knocking it up there. My knowledge is in general building but I am fair electrcian. I have to assume your goal it several fold. One to see how many amps your drawing so you can size the battery and C rating to handle the draw. Secondly to see how many watts/amps you draw in a given time so as to give yourself a flight time expectancy as well as check your ESC ratings against its rating too.

JPEE on side
Old 01-10-2009, 08:21 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

You might be interested in the Gaui data I just got.
2S 800mAh outrage battery 70W 10A, 3S 800mAh E-Flite 95W 8A That was right on its limit of 10C, 3S 910mAh TP battery 157W 15A.

I think that is pretty cool that the TP battery pretty much doubled the power of the Outrage battery, too bad it won't fit in the frame. It might once I get that new battery mount that is out of stock at readyheli and helidirect. Tomorrow I would like to see how the power system on the 600 is, but I have to do that outside since it isn't safe to do inside.

JPEE,

You nailed it on what I am looking for.

Nick
Old 01-10-2009, 10:18 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I am doing my first 6 cell discharge for storage. Kind of a process. The guidelines say to take it down to 3.85 per cell. During that process and now after I have the blinkie balancer on there to level it out. If I have made any errors please chime in. I am leaving the other 6 cell for now at it nearly full charge. My DX7 should be in by early next week and I want to try an spool up the 600 after thorugh safety check first of course.

What type of balancers do you use. Both of my other chargers ahve them built in so this is kind new to me. I looked at Hobbie King and see they have balancer/discharger but complain it is slow.

JPEE
Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I don't discharge my batteries for storage, so I don't know if that is the correct voltage or not.

Good thing you will be checking over the 600. Are you going to finish the 500 before the DX7 comes? Because when you spool up the 600 it will be hard not to fly it. LOL

My balancers are built into my TP and Hyperion chargers and the only other one I have used are the FP ones, but they are also slow and two of my batteries puffed with those.

Nick
Old 01-11-2009, 12:15 AM
rotarydoc

Hey JPEE, Nick,

I also am guilty of not discharging batteries...I wonder how my CX2 packs and my XRB pack are doing..LOL...they haven't been flown in months! []

I should get them out next weekend sometime and at least fly 'em around the house some..I kinda miss flying the XRB...the CX2, not so much...[X(]

So, I have no idea on discharging packs...[]

Glenn
Old 01-11-2009, 10:55 AM
JPEE

Nick, Glenn,

Well this time rather than just asking you Nick for your input I READ THE LITERATURE on both the charger and the battery pack and that was how I knew to do it. In the rush of the 600 I must have not noticed but one pack has a slightly bloated cell! Here is the article I read on how to bring them down and why: http://www.bigrcmodels.com/RC-Helico...ry-Storage.asp

I hear you on the spooling up the 600 but I want to fly the 500 and enjoy it like I said before. To just pass it buy now because of the 600 would not be cost or FUN effective. I just want to spool her up "maybe lift her up a bit "he he he" and thats it until the I have flown the 500 several times.

Do you have a carry case for yours? I bought one for the 500 as you know from my pictures but man this 600 is heavy and awkward to carry through the house. But then again these cases take A LOT OF ROOM UP TOO!

Glenn, with all of the inside helis you have you should have sore thumbs by now with the windy time here! Get that Quark out there and leave the CX2 on shelf LOL

JPee
Old 01-11-2009, 11:44 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Keep an eye on that one cell.

No I don't have a carrying case. It fits great on the floor of my back seat of the car. Then when I carry it I wrap my hand around the plastic clamp for the boom that attaches to the frame. Then I tilt it, so the nose is pointing up and the tail is facing the ground and it is a lot easier carrying it that way. My blade holder is also pretty tight on the boom, so I can also pick the heli up by the blades near the grips, but I haven't done that with the battery in.

Nick
Old 01-11-2009, 11:54 AM
JPEE

Nick,

Thanks, yea thats the battery I discharged last night. I am going to keep it outside now for a while. Unfortunately, with no receipt and he told me it is 6 mo old minmum I have no recourse. They post it only has a 90 day warranty!

I'll try that carry style.

JPEE
Old 01-11-2009, 12:24 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

You said you had Airthunder batteries right? I thought they weren't supposed to puff. If they are like the Outrage batteries they kind of looked like they are puffed after a flight, but over time they will look like normal. To bad it is past the warranty.

I just got back from flying 3S on the Gaui. It was a lot of fun, but my 2S Outrage battery seems to have a little more power since the C rating is double the C rating of my 3S pack. I still can't get rid of the little extra turn the gyro does when ending a left rotation. I bumped the gain up alittle and that helped some, but if I go past what I have it at now, it will wag like no other coming out of power hungry moves. But I am still having a blast flying this little heli. It is some what cold out, but I can't pass up that there is no wind to fly.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Nick
Old 01-11-2009, 01:27 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

You said you had Airthunder batteries right? I thought they weren't supposed to puff. If they are like the Outrage batteries they kind of looked like they are puffed after a flight, but over time they will look like normal. To bad it is past the warranty.

I just got back from flying 3S on the Gaui. It was a lot of fun, but my 2S Outrage battery seems to have a little more power since the C rating is double the C rating of my 3S pack. I still can't get rid of the little extra turn the gyro does when ending a left rotation. I bumped the gain up alittle and that helped some, but if I go past what I have it at now, it will wag like no other coming out of power hungry moves. But I am still having a blast flying this little heli. It is some what cold out, but I can't pass up that there is no wind to fly.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Nick
NICK:
Yes Nick they are Air Thunder 25 c 5000 mAh. But without a receipt I am kind stuck. I may call them on Monday ans se what they say? The one on the heli is tight as a brick. But on this second battery one outside cell is puffed. Perhaps now in discharge store rate it will HEAL itself? I sent you an email when you get a chance to review.

The Gaui came with a two cell did it not? WOW that is kind of an oximoron when you say the two cell has more power than a three cell, but i understadn the dynamics your speaking too. Well like you said you got to fly and that is the good part. Is the extra turn the gyro thoughs in "tolerable" if you know its there and you can counter it?

JPEE
Old 01-11-2009, 02:04 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yeah the Gaui is ment for 2S. My 2S Outrage pack can supply 40A on bursts and my 3S pack can only supply 8A. But they seem to fly pretty close, but the 2S can keep the headspeed up a little better.

Yeah the extra turn is tolerable. It is maybe a 2-5 degree turn. So I just stop a piro to the left a little sooner and the gyro rotates it right where I want it to go.

Nick
Old 01-11-2009, 03:25 PM
evdreamer

I did my first successfull inverted circle today. I had another flight with the 3S battery and that is so much fun. I almost got another minute of flight with it. And now I am down to 3.5min with 2S and 4.5min with 3S. It would be nice to have a little longer flight times.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:58 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Congrates and job WELL DONE!
Old 01-11-2009, 05:11 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Thanks. I fired up the 600 at 0 degrees of pitch and I averaged 500W with a peak of 650W and normally drew 15A. I was too afraid to try and go to -11 degrees of pitch and test it out like the rest of my helis.

Nick
Old 01-11-2009, 06:22 PM
JPEE

CANCEL, I FOUND MY SWASH WAS AT 90 RATHER THAN 120

Nick,

You would probably drive it throught the garage floor with that much down presure if I understand correctly.

Working on the 500 but stumped here

The 7000 rx is labled like this
Aux 1
Gear
Rudder
Elevator
Aileron
Throttle
Battery/Bind

I have tried numerous ways to wire it up and cannot getit right. When Finless went through this at least up to where I got he was vauge.

The wires from the tail to nose order

Aux 1= right front servo pitch? but things are not moving when they should (not talking rev /norm) just working together??? where have I gone wrong
Gear = for gyro
Rudder= for gyro
Servo right side horizontal= Elevator
Servo leftside =Aileron
ESC =throttle

Thanks as always for your review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.