Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 12:24 AM
xxSLiMxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

ORIGINAL: Jem93

hey guys havi trouble wit my servo....when i turn right it turns left....any ideas and also my reciever jus doesnt pick up my trannsmitter.....cant work so..........

PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rebind your ESC to your Raciver 1st, Then Try your steering if its still backwards you should have a little switch on your Transmitter that sais "ST" switch it the other way.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:05 PM
zbot

i have a problem with my drifter...[&o] last week i locked my rear diff and when i put the cover back on and screwed it into place, i noticed that the screws were not on tight and cant screw in any firther. I think that the plastic that the screw holds in place is stripped... what do i do? i have a Tt-01 by the way...
Old 10-27-2008, 02:11 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: zbot

i have a problem with my drifter...[&o] last week i locked my rear diff and when i put the cover back on and screwed it into place, i noticed that the screws were not on tight and cant screw in any firther. I think that the plastic that the screw holds in place is stripped... what do i do? i have a Tt-01 by the way...
Try some longer srews with a larger thread, thats what i had to do.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:19 PM
dfiantii

Fill in the hole with crazy glue then let it get hard which will take a few minutes up to a few hours. then use a drill and drill out a smaller hole that is smaller than what the screw is. This is just a quick fix, eventually you will have to replace the part thats stripped out.

B192734:
The stabilizer bars help with chasis stiffness for me. I race on asphalt or for right now practice on asphalt. I like the 3racing chasis better than the tub chasis. Right now I am having a heat issue with my motor. It got up to 207 degrees and the speed controller was at 114. So there may be some binding or built up friction some where so I am tearing it down right now to figure things out.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
zbot

i am also having trouble with my sport tuned motor. it seems to make a chirping noise about every 5 sconds and the car dramatically slows down. i had to down grade back to my silver can motor which really sucks... should i grease the motor up or will it get rewined?, and should i try to fix it or am i just waisting my time
Old 10-28-2008, 07:44 PM
zbot

any suggestions?
Old 10-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Erick88

Question(s) for anyone-

I actually have a TB-02..which I think is quite similar to the TT-01and this thread/you guys seem the most knowledgeable so
I'm currently using the stock 540 motor, brushed ESC/radio/servo from a wind hobby ferret (RTR chinese junk) buggy, and believe it or not, a 3 cell 1800 mah lipo. It actually goes somewhat "fast" but definitely not fast enough and I'm just waiting for those poor FET's to blow up . Now I'm looking for a brushless set-up, OR, a brushed ESC that can handle down to 10/12T motor AND 11.1 volts. It seemed at first that this would be the cheapest route (for high speed bashing) but I cannot find a low priced brushed esc that can handle the numbers previously mentioned. Do you guys know of any? Lipo cut-off is not important since I can add thatat extra cost of course! For brushless I was thinking of just getting the sidewinder 4600 kv combo. What do you think?
Old 10-29-2008, 11:45 AM
dfiantii

Try the tekin G11 pro esc which i think is still on sale at stormer hobbies.com I got one a few weeks ago for about 50 and it has no motor limit on it and comes with a capacitor.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:47 AM
xxSLiMxx

i am also having trouble with my sport tuned motor. it seems to make a chirping noise about every 5 sconds and the car dramatically slows down. i had to down grade back to my silver can motor which really sucks... should i grease the motor up or will it get rewined?, and should i try to fix it or am i just waisting my time
Try cleaning it with some compressed air or electrial cleaner then put a small drop of oil on the bearings.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:50 AM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: Erick88

Question(s) for anyone-

I actually have a TB-02..which I think is quite similar to the TT-01and this thread/you guys seem the most knowledgeable so
I'm currently using the stock 540 motor, brushed ESC/radio/servo from a wind hobby ferret (RTR chinese junk) buggy, and believe it or not, a 3 cell 1800 mah lipo. It actually goes somewhat "fast" but definitely not fast enough and I'm just waiting for those poor FET's to blow up . Now I'm looking for a brushless set-up, OR, a brushed ESC that can handle down to 10/12T motor AND 11.1 volts. It seemed at first that this would be the cheapest route (for high speed bashing) but I cannot find a low priced brushed esc that can handle the numbers previously mentioned. Do you guys know of any? Lipo cut-off is not important since I can add thatat extra cost of course! For brushless I was thinking of just getting the sidewinder 4600 kv combo. What do you think?

Try looking up "Hobbywing" ESC/Motors. I got a brushless set up for my TT01 and its damn fast. There nice and cheep too i payed $80.00 shipped from ebay ESC&Brushless. They handle up to a 3S lipo and i beleve a no motor limit. But if you want speed get your self a brushless motor with it
Old 10-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Erick88

Will give those a tryI was actually looking at the "KD36" 540 size brushless motors at hobby city. Everything looks good as far as mounting holes, size etc., BUT the shaft is 5 mm so I'd either have to drill out my pinion (3.17 mm hole) or find another 48 pitch metric pinion that's the right size, with a 5 mm hole. I'd rather not mess with that if at all possible.

Thanks for the advice/replies!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:53 PM
xxSLiMxx

Dont try to drill out your pinion, get your self a 5mm one. If you try to drill out your own it will not be perfect thus beeing a bit offset when you put it on the shaft. It could cause thr pinoin to wobble and end up messing the motor and stripping you spur gear.

Good luck tho!
Old 11-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Erick88

My thoughts exactly...now it's just finding one with the correct pitch and correct outer diameter!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:22 PM
zbot

Alrite, its time to step it up a notch with my drifting. I think that the pvc tires dont drift realistically. They dont have any grip what so ever and the drifts are extreamly slow and hard if you want to transition into another turn they slip way to much. I think that i need either hard compound rubber tires or a new motor. What do you think that i would need to do faster drifts that are more realistic and that can transition easier?
Old 11-02-2008, 01:40 PM
zbot

EZ-RUN Bushless Motor 13T 3000Kv - is this a fast motor at all???? its only 41 dollars. There is also an EZ-RUN esc also very cheep. i researchd and brushless is key for speed. So if im getting into a brushless system would this be a good start? is it fast at all??? Thats a price you cant beat
Old 11-02-2008, 04:18 PM
xxSLiMxx

EZ-RUN Bushless Motor 13T 3000Kv - is this a fast motor at all???? its only 41 dollars. There is also an EZ-RUN esc also very cheep. i researchd and brushless is key for speed. So if im getting into a brushless system would this be a good start? is it fast at all??? Thats a price you cant beat

I have a 9T EZ-Run and its insanely fast, for the price its awsome!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:32 PM
zbot

xxSLiMxx... is this motor good for fast drifting????????????????? urgent i just bought it. also what batteries are you running? and esc?
Old 11-02-2008, 08:35 PM
xxSLiMxx

xxSLiMxx... is this motor good for fast drifting????????????????? urgent i just bought it. also what batteries are you running? and esc?
Its way more then enough for drifting. Right now as for batterys im useing a 2S lipo and a 7cell stick pack. I have the ez-run esc. There is enough speed/torque with this set up i can drift woth rubber tires.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:41 AM
Erick88

ORIGINAL: xxSLiMxx

Is your esc the 35Amp or 60Amp? I was thinking about that one too but not sure if the 35A would be good enough to drive a tb-02 (should be close in weight to your tt-01's though I would guess. I also want to run 11.1 Volt liposif you haven't tried lipos yet, do yourself a huge favor and get one to try out!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:39 AM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: Erick88

ORIGINAL: xxSLiMxx

Is your esc the 35Amp or 60Amp? I was thinking about that one too but not sure if the 35A would be good enough to drive a tb-02 (should be close in weight to your tt-01's though I would guess. I also want to run 11.1 Volt liposif you haven't tried lipos yet, do yourself a huge favor and get one to try out!

Mine is the 35A. Iv only tryed it with a 6cell and a 7 cell NiMH batterys. Its got LOTS of balls with both batterys, i do plan on getting some 3S 11.1V Lipos for it soon.

This is my 1st brushless system so i dont have anything to compare it too, but i have my TT01 geared at 23/55 and at WOT its going to fast to keep it in a stright line.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Erick88

NICE...I'm sure it will be too fast with a 3S lipo then! Maybe time to get a TB-02???!!

I got mine for 99 bucks shipped off ebay! I was going to get a tt-01 from my LHS but they were the same price. Couldn't pass up the full bearings and aluminum drive shaft.

I have a 25A brushless ESC from my 1/16th project that I'm going to try to put in this one. I think if I use a cooling fan and go easy on it I'll be OK since it's a street car (less amps than running on grass etc.)it's worth a try. Just need to get a motor now. Probaby EZrunalthough I don't want to wait for shipping from hong kong!! Do you know of any US suppliers??
Old 11-03-2008, 08:05 PM
dfiantii

I would not try a 1/16th esc on a 1/10 scale motor. But if your going to go easy on it then it might not hurt it.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Erick88

ORIGINAL: dfiantii

I would not try a 1/16th esc on a 1/10 scale motor. But if your going to go easy on it then it might not hurt it.
I figure it's worth a tryworst case it overheats and kicks off (it has 105 C thermal protection). If it happens too much I'll have to spring for a sidewinder later on. The object now is to keep it as cheap as possible!

Do you know of any other decent 1/10 scale brushless inrunners?
Old 11-04-2008, 02:34 AM
dfiantii

No i do not I still run brushed on my TT-01. I did the switch to brushless on my Losi Type R. It has a SpeedPassion LPF ESC with a Novak 13.5 brushless motor.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:47 PM
zbot

wait xxSLiMxx said he uses a 2s lip and a 7 cell stick pack to run hs brushless. you need to batteries to run a brushless??? im so confused

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.