Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Tazer_version_A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Foams are now trash .... start with new ones.

Getting the tires off the wheels will be a challenge. Id suggest getting a new set whilst you futz around with getting the tires off the wheels.

Think your going to have to bake the tires off. other method is to soak them in acetone - takes a day or two for that one. There's some discussion of both methods on the ofna forums

http://ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16
Old 06-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Dirby

i had a v spec and when i couldnot get it to run properly i gave the whole shebang to another driver so he could be frustrated with it rather than me.
i gave him jammin truggy kit version
v spec motor
jp2 pipe
hitec 330oz servo
spectrum rec
i gave it all to him because of this lousey engine.
oh well good riddens.
i built another jammin kit and have a rex 528 in it and at least this one runs.
thx dirby.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:49 AM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Raketemensch

I picked up my aluminum chassis braces at amainhobbies.com, they were less than $50. Other places list them, but noone had them in stock.

I stopped to check out the Speedzone track today, and since they were staying open until 7 and I got there aat 5, I just didn't continue on to Enfield (which was open until 10) and ran a few tanks through. First thing I noticed -- the track is HUGE, and they're even omitting a portion of it right now, and it's still a really long lap.

Then I noticed that I installed the rear diff backwards. Oops. It looked kinda funny to see the front and rear wheels spinning in opposite directions....

Luckily I had ripped this thing apart enough times this weekend, and it only took me about 10 minutes to rip it out and turn it around and reinstall everything. It seemed like an eternity when I was listening to the CR running the track behind me, but I eventually got everything geared up and out on the track.

Another stupid thing I did was soak the wheels and tires this weekend to get the caked dirt off of them. The foam is like a sponge, and so the tires still have water in them. You haven't seen ballooning until you see a truggy with wet tires screaming down the straight -- they got down to about 3/4 of an inch wide, and it sounded like it was galloping. I'm just going to have to pull the tires off and dry the foam and reglue them. Any advice for getting them off without screwing up because of the existing glue?

The other thing I noticed was that the engine really snapped into shape after about the 6th tank I've run through it. The difference was very noticeable, it just got really smooth and really fast, coming out of the corner and punching it on the straight was a very visceral experience. This little bugger can FLY. Literally. Pulled my first back flip today. I hadn't intended to, but with the wet tires I got upside down, and just kept it going off the MASSIVE jump they have afterthe hairpin at the end of the straight on this track. Nice elevation changes, lots of bumps and switchbacks, overall a very nice track.

I think I'll end up making Tuesday my regular day to leave work early and go run for a couple of hours. The only hard part is waiting another week to go run.

- Raketemensch

How'd you like the big double? That thing is huge. I am trying to get this f-cker broken in and it is driving me out of my mind, so many little BS things on top of the pinch of this damn engine being soooo tight every time I start it I end up having to pry the flywheel through TDC even after heating the block for 20 minutes with a blowdryer.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Raketemensch

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Man, the Force .28 has been a dream of an engine, it's my first nitro and I've had no problems with it at all. That double is monstrous, but I only wiped out from it like 2-3 times, and only one set of cartwheels.... I need to get new glasses for those far corners, though. The elevation changes are really nice.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:28 PM
claudacio

Man, the Force .28 has been a dream of an engine, it's my first nitro and I've had no problems with it at all. That double is monstrous, but I only wiped out from it like 2-3 times, and only one set of cartwheels.... I need to get new glasses for those far corners, though. The elevation changes are really nice.

I'm tellin ya' man that back stretch is a biotch to navigate. That big double claimed the life of my savage LE's engine, I landed upside down and directly on the engine head, the engine split right across the bearing and tore the engine mounts off the engine.

I do like the track there also, I was just deprived of wolcott as I hadnt been tere to many times so I have been frequenting there more than anywhere. But I think I may have to go up to speedzone once I get this thing (CRT) all squared away with the break in, which should hopefully be today. But I have the rest of the week off so I am definitely going to have to go up there tomorrow or friday and have some fun.

Did he charge you to run on the track? The owner (young guy with glasses) can seem like a dick sometimes but I guess he's always all stressed out and what not, but other than the high prices its not a bad place.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Raketemensch

Well, I dealt with another guy who was very nice, but the owner was also there. It must be really stressful trying to keep a hobby business going, I've seen way too many of them come and go over the years, and with the competition for pricing out there, the profit margin must be next to nothing, especially with all of the wicked cheap internet prices.

I like the elevation changes at Speedzone, they add something really nice to the mix. It's be really easy for Wolcott to do that too, since there's a constant upward grade at the back of the track, so I hope they do something with it. I've only seen this latest track layout, so I dunno what they've done in the past. It could just be that I'm getting better with the truck, or that the tweaks I made this past weekend helped, but I had FAR fewer rolls and tumbles even with the massive double at Speedzone than I had at Wolcott. I must've pulled 8 consecutive cartwheels at Wolcott one time, I wipe out a lot on that track. Maybe I won't next time. I *really* wish they had a late practice night on weeknights, especially during daylight savings time.

I would break a lot more parts there and spend more money on replacements....
Old 06-21-2006, 03:16 PM
claudacio

Even though wolcott looks like an easy track when you get there its takes a little to get used to it. But the layout that they have (wolcott) is actually new as far as I know so I doubt they will be changing it anytime soon. I think if the weather is good tomorrow I am gonna go up to speedzone early and spend the whole damn day there. My Vspec is just about broken in, I have it cooling down from the last heat cycle at the moment, so after that I'm gonna go try to get this thing tuned and running right and work out all the bugs.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:03 PM
claudacio

Well I got this eb mod OS vspec broken in and all I can say is that I am absolutely amazed with it. All day long I could barely keep it running and it was just flat out killing me, I was ready to smash something at one point. I got it broken in and then I tried to tune it for a little performance and could not get an idle to save my life the LSN had no affect what so ever, it was so bad I was tempted to start turning the mid-range needle. So I went nuts and yanked the engine out of the truck and completely disasembled it (yeah I thought I was gonna find something....or something), and the first thing I notice is the carb is loose, the one simple thing thats never overlooked.....I over looked. I re-assembled everything, reset the needles to factory settings and slapped it on the starter box and blammo, fired right up and idled like a champ. Then I got everything tuned in as far as needles and maaaaan this thing hauls crack like a ****. I have a novarossi 528XRP that I had in my LST2 and it really reminded me of it alot, except the nova had alot more top end. The vspec is just instant violent screaming power, I am impressed.

Sorry fella's, I had to tell someone, my girlfriend didnt seem to interested, LOL. Now all I have to do is figure out my nomadio's distance issue and I'll be good to go.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:53 AM
gavx1crtpro

hi all was wondering if you lot can help me out, im looking to replace my existing air filter on my crt pro as the original catches on the engine, i know this doesnt effect the performance but i would like one which gives me more clearance from the engine and also the centre diff and brakes, ive heard people talk about the hpi one or the hyper 7 elbow, HELP
Old 06-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Raketemensch

I saw a bunch of posts on a forum somewhere about people putting the HPI Nubz on CRTs, and using rounded rod ends to avoid the rubbing situation. Now that I'm thinking about picking up a set, I can't find the post anywhere.

Has anyone tried this? I really need to pick up a new set of wheels and tires, but I can't find anything besides the stock dishes...

Thanks,
Raketemensch
Old 06-22-2006, 07:54 PM
PantherDesigns

ORIGINAL: gavx1crtpro

hi all was wondering if you lot can help me out, im looking to replace my existing air filter on my crt pro as the original catches on the engine, i know this doesnt effect the performance but i would like one which gives me more clearance from the engine and also the centre diff and brakes, ive heard people talk about the hpi one or the hyper 7 elbow, HELP
I use the Hyper7 elbow and it's great. It clears the engine and the linkage, but it will move the air filter over the radio/battery box. No drawbacks to that. I really like how it works.

-Seann
Old 06-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Raketemensch

I saw a bunch of posts on a forum somewhere about people putting the HPI Nubz on CRTs, and using rounded rod ends to avoid the rubbing situation. Now that I'm thinking about picking up a set, I can't find the post anywhere.

Has anyone tried this? I really need to pick up a new set of wheels and tires, but I can't find anything besides the stock dishes...
I found it over at truggy racers... Basically you just need the st-r rod ends ($5.25 at A Main: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6047 ) and bigger ball ends ( http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4021 ) and you can pop the nubz right on. It also gives you zero offset. The nubz even come in black:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4604

I'm just going to have to wait a bit before I can explain to my wife why I need to spend $70 on new tires for a new r/c truck. Especially when I just dropped $70 on a T4 rolling chassis...

- Raketemensch

Word is that these Maximizer wheels will also work:

http://www.maximizerproducts.com/max...Offset_C35.cfm

I found a pic of them on a truck, too:

http://www.majesticrc.com/CRT1.jpg

Beadlock!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Raketemensch

ORIGINAL: Tazer_version_A

Foams are now trash .... start with new ones.

Getting the tires off the wheels will be a challenge. Id suggest getting a new set whilst you futz around with getting the tires off the wheels.

Think your going to have to bake the tires off. other method is to soak them in acetone - takes a day or two for that one. There's some discussion of both methods on the ofna forums

http://ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16
Will foams from any Maxx tire work? Somethinkg like this:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2403

Thanks,
Raketemensch
Old 06-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Dirby

Claudio
in post number 453.
you must be refering to the v spec engine.
the one i had did exactly the same thing.
i too had to move the flywheel on the engine with a screwdriver to get it unstuck from tdc.
this is the reason i got rid of everything.
truck radio servo engine and all.
there is two super dupers at the track i walkaround and both of them bought two v specs each and now the v specs are gone and they are useing somthing else.
wonder why?
Dirby.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:39 PM
claudacio

ORIGINAL: Dirby

Claudio
in post number 453.
you must be refering to the v spec engine.
the one i had did exactly the same thing.
i too had to move the flywheel on the engine with a screwdriver to get it unstuck from tdc.
this is the reason i got rid of everything.
truck radio servo engine and all.
there is two super dupers at the track i walkaround and both of them bought two v specs each and now the v specs are gone and they are useing somthing else.
wonder why?
Dirby.
A tight pinch ususally means a long lasting engine. Since I have broken this thing in I wouldnt give it up for anything, it F-ING SCREEMS. It was a complete biotch to get broken in but as far as I can see it was well worth the agony, as of now it is one of the easiest engines to tune I have ever owned (easiest is the LRP or M427). From what I've read there were some issues with stock vspecs but eb mods has supposedly taken care of them and added a little something to it. I've had/have a nova XRP and I would take the Vspec any day for a truggy, although the vspec is modded. The XR is the HP king but the modded vspecs powerband is gonna be alot more usable and linear.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:11 PM
WPGguy

Thanks,
Raketemensch

OMG DONT DO IT!!! hehe.... kidding

I did just that, and I gotta tell you they look fantastic on there, but they made the ol crt handle like it was on mud. And I was so hyped about how nice the setup looked that I didn't realize the rims would eat the crap outta the rod ends after a few tanks I decided to clean it off and was like w t f!! I'm an idiot sometimes.

heres how it looks, I'm gonna tear these nubs off and get something better, cause damn those rims look hawt on it!

PS: don't laugh at my dumb paint job... I'm buying another body
PSS: it could have been the track too, it was its 1st day open to us to run, and the old track the hellfire guy had no issues with traction but diffent city, different dirt.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:58 AM
claudacio

Arent these "nubz"?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88458.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	481583  
Old 06-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Raketemensch

Yes they are, and STAY AWAY FROM THAT AUCTION :]

j/k, I can't afford them right now anyway.

- Raketemensch
Old 06-23-2006, 01:08 PM
WPGguy

ORIGINAL: claudacio

Arent these "nubz"?

haha I musta been high or something..... Those are indeed nubz
Old 06-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Raketemensch

So what the heck ARE these servos in the RTR?

I bought a JR xr2i radio, and picked up some Airtronics servo -> JR receiver adapters. The steering servo is definitely an Airtronics, so I figured that'd do it.

They don't fit.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Raketemensch
Old 06-23-2006, 07:45 PM
claudacio

JR and airtronics have the same connector type, so it should work, can you post pics?
Old 06-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Raketemensch

Ah, I worked it out. There's an extra ridge on the RTR servos that mad them look wider, and which are basically to make sure that you plug them in the right way. I cut them off with a knife, and everything popped into place on the receiver. After setting up the servo travel and whatnot in the xr2i, everything works perfectly. I may even get to run it tomorrow, I can't wait.

Anybody want to buy some Airtronics -> JR adapters? :]

- Raketemensch
Old 06-23-2006, 10:44 PM
claudacio

Glad it worked out man, I was kinda thinking that was what was going with the tab messing you up. Running tomorrow ehhh? I am thinking of going up to wolcott myself, I wanted to goto speedzone but they race sat. and sun. I just wanna get this truck on a damn track and work the buggs out so bad but things keep preventing me.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Raketemensch

Well, my sister-in-law is away until Sunday, so I think I'm going to sneak up to their house tomorrow and get the pool ready for summer, so when they come home they've got a nice surprise waiting for them. My brother was killed in that accident in Avon last summer, so she's really got her hands full already, and they've all started summer vacation now.

I'm gonna pack the CRT in the Jeep ith me, so I can hit Wolcott on the way home. I'll be up in Litchfield county tho, so I'm thinking I may check out the track in New Milford, I still haven't seen it yet.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:19 PM
claudacio

Man that really sucks to hear about your brother, all because of one persons carelessness, but I wont even get into that. Sorry for your loss though.

But I have made up my mind and I'm starting to pack my LST2 and CRT and all the chit up to get ready and go for it at wolcott tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to spend the day there without any issues like runaway's and such (happened to me last time I was there, LOL).

I was working out in sherman not to long ago and had to travel through new milford and was tempted to sneak over to extreme RC (I think thats what its called). I've seen a vid of there track and it looked pretty good, but it was a little old so the track has probably changed, but any track is good these day's around here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.