Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 01:25 AM
CrocEnd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

xxSLiMxx Nice red flashing led would look GOOOd
Old 12-03-2008, 01:37 AM
CrocEnd

Re Wheel alineing set up back at post# 2669 "sanshu" has a photo of one car in setup with this device written on it M Racing is that what I need to find.
Cheer's.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:27 AM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: CrocEnd

thank xxSLiMxx
was gusseing around that, go's well enough for our stock can racing.
Cheer's
Trust me i have all kinds of LEDs im adding. Front UV (purple/whiteish colour) rear red on the 911 body. The civic is going to be the same plus white underglow (just like my 1:1) Once i get the proper offset wheels for the civic body i will post up a bunch of pictures!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:41 PM
jaymassive619

Hi All

Im a total noob to RC and have recently purchased a TT01 Subaru.

I have just purchased the lexan corrado 1/10 shell for my TT01 i have everything i need to paint it and the item came with pre-prepared window masks. The problem i have is how to make the lights be it via decals or actually installing led lights. Ive googled for over a week to no avail. Does anybody have any suggestions? Does anybody have any custom decals for the corrado 1/10 shell that they could email me? Im at my wits end on this one as i dont want to start the job until i have this sorted out.

Also where can you purchase light buckets? Does anybody have any advise or exeprience in doing up this shell or similar?

Many thanks Jay

P.S im looking forward to joining whats looks like a great community!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:54 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: jaymassive619

Hi All

Im a total noob to RC and have recently purchased a TT01 Subaru.

I have just purchased the lexan corrado 1/10 shell for my TT01 i have everything i need to paint it and the item came with pre-prepared window masks. The problem i have is how to make the lights be it via decals or actually installing led lights. Ive googled for over a week to no avail. Does anybody have any suggestions? Does anybody have any custom decals for the corrado 1/10 shell that they could email me? Im at my wits end on this one as i dont want to start the job until i have this sorted out.

Also where can you purchase light buckets? Does anybody have any advise or exeprience in doing up this shell or similar?

Many thanks Jay

P.S im looking forward to joining whats looks like a great community!
I was in the same boat you where in untill about 3 days ago. As for decals im not sure where to start but for light buckets i can help you. IMO light buckets+LEDs look waaaay better.

Iv hear of ppl useing things like molding clay, Lego blocks, scrap lexan to make light buckes, but i found this stuff on ebay. There plastic pellets that you heat up in hot water and mold into what ever shape you like and then it get really hard (sand it, drill it, paint it ect ect) The best part is if you screw up just heat the plastic up again and remake it. I havent tryed it out my self yet (still waiting for it to show up) but from what i heard it works really grate. Just know that it sticks to other plastic stuff really well, so if your forming it around something (like i plan to do) make sure its not plastic, or lube the plastic up 1st (oil, grease, "lube" lol)

Have a look, these are the guys on ebay i found that have this stuff, and its really cheep to buy so why not try it. I payed like $7.00 total for a 100gram bag (no big loss if it dosent work out too good)

Polymorph is what the stuff is called.

Good luck, hopefuly you will find something that will work for you!

Slim.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Themorales1999

Jay

I recently got a TT01 Subaru Impreza 2007 and I painted and assembled the whole thing. It took three days of 5-8 hours each day but I like how it turned out. I saw the headlight stickers but there was no way I would not use the included headlight inserts and the LEDs that came with my kit. Those LEDs are bright too, it lights a good 10-12" in front of the car. You can see pictures of the Subaru on my profile or on the paint and body section under "Does anyone paint bodies and how much"
Old 12-05-2008, 09:26 AM
SIRCC

you can find painted bodies on eBay.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:12 AM
CrocEnd

Dose'nt matter bought a HUDY Set-Up system today,
Me and the m8"s are laughing now,
ON go's the Silver CAN stock racing.
I could not believe the kids dads and mom's In the last 7 weeks that we have started that turned up,tonight strewth 18 starters,last all up race 15 starters. NOW that was carnage GOOD fun but. Time ran out Finals next week Buuuuuuugerrrrrrr.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:25 AM
halls

does your tt01 handle better with all alum parts/
Old 12-05-2008, 12:20 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: halls

does your tt01 handle better with all alum parts/
No all of them are needed to make it handel better but yes it dose!
Old 12-05-2008, 01:08 PM
deejayqueue

Hey guys, just a heads up.

As is usual with a thread this massive, all this may have already been covered, but I feel like I should share my frustrations with you guys so that other newbs like myself might save a few minutes of heartache and some dollars as well.

I bought a set of front (and eventually rear) alum knuckles, and was sad when the stock axles (they're called swing-shafts) didn't fit. So I ordered those as well. I got the front re-assembled and took the car out, and within 5 minutes the new swing shafts had completely disintegrated. Turns out you also need to buy the differential outer joints as well. Another fun fact is that all of the parts are not mix-n-match. You have to get the same brand swing shafts as knuckles and diff joints, or else you'll cause havoc. Fortunately Ms. Wong at The Track is really nice and ordered me the right stuff. (she also keeps trying to tell me that the tt01s are kinda crappy, which I'm coming to find out, but I love the thing and intend to build it out completely into something really nice).

I also bought the steering saver kit (forget the brand name, but it's the only one called "steering saver" as opposed to linkage or steering kit). It's got metal ball joints with plastic push-on cups. The kit is great in that I can adjust my toe-in now, as well as fix the trim on the steering before having to adjust the radio (which I'm kinda OCD about) but there's still a bunch of play in the swing arms. I'm thinking I might have gone with a different system (and I still may) if I'd have known how much play those ball-and-cup joints have. I'd like to switch to something else, but I don't want to re-buy the bearing arms or the main turnbuckles, just the cross member and maybe a new joint system.

Does anyone know what else you need to buy if you want to do the 3racing graphite chassis conversion? I've still got a long way to go before I get there, but I don't want to order things from overseas and then find out I've only got half of what I need.

Thanks again guys!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31318.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1084234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50764.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	1084235  
Old 12-05-2008, 03:44 PM
SIRCC

the only way to find out is by letting someone run your ride through a battery and se how it handles, my all aluninum rides great
Old 12-05-2008, 04:11 PM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Most of the kit has the parts for the conversion but, aluminum shocks, aluminum steering, aluminum center shaft, universals I use Tamiya and have never broke one and its going on 2 years now, If you want you can get aluminum hubs, steering blocks but its optional, I use my car for speed runs so I need the extra stiffness.

Thats the driver looking over things

The pic with the body off is old it doesnt look like that now since the rebuild

Name:	Eb86842.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1084338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87349.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1084339  
Old 12-05-2008, 04:22 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: SIRCC

the only way to find out is by letting someone run your ride through a battery and se how it handles, my all aluninum rides great
x1 All my alum. parts are made by GPM Racing. and iv never had a problem fitting parts.

Are you sure all the parts you have got are for the TT01 and not for something like a TA05 (i thinks thats the one, its almost the same)

As for a TT-01 beening crappy bone stock they are....but with a few mods they can be good little cars, Not the best but good.

Name:	Lj22593.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1084344  
Old 12-05-2008, 04:30 PM
SIRCC

i'm beggining to like red, nice ride
Old 12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
deejayqueue

ORIGINAL: xxSLiMxx

x1 All my alum. parts are made by GPM Racing. and iv never had a problem fitting parts.

Are you sure all the parts you have got are for the TT01 and not for something like a TA05 (i thinks thats the one, its almost the same)

As for a TT-01 beening crappy bone stock they are....but with a few mods they can be good little cars, Not the best but good.
-That's why I mentioned brand-matching the parts, at least those that interact with each other in high-speed or low-tolerance ways.

-Yes, all my parts are for the TT01. I'm as sure as the labels on the packaging.

-Ms. Wong called it a "beginner's car" which is great since I'm a beginner. I think there's a certain charm to taking a car that's mediocre and making it into a real burner. Sort of like rooting for the underdog.

@SirCC:
I've seen a bunch of green parts on other brand's chassis, and that looks really cool too. I'd love to find orange, but that's sort of a pipe dream.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:45 PM
The Collector1

Why not use Tamiya universals?
Old 12-05-2008, 04:50 PM
SIRCC

I'm not going to claim i'm a pro, but i have been racing tt-01 since i can remember and upgraded as I saw fit
my last project I put a traxxas velineon on a tt-01 wit h a 3-cell with speeds of 67mph clocked on a 100ft strip by a state trooper.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Straighthate

From today

TT01
Sport Tuned
CPR
A4 DTM body
Old 12-08-2008, 04:06 PM
The Rigger

ORIGINAL: deejayqueue
-Ms. Wong called it a "beginner's car" which is great since I'm a beginner. I think there's a certain charm to taking a car that's mediocre and making it into a real burner. Sort of like rooting for the underdog.
I wrote a post way up ^there somewhere in the thread along those lines a few months ago...

Yes, you can certainly get a better car for less money overall if you go with something other than the TT-01 chassis system, but I personally believe analyzing the weaknesses in the TT-01 and tweaking the car to overcome those weaknesses are what makes the platform great. Plus you gain a far better understanding of what effects your mods and wrench-twiddling have on the car's performance envelope...

Look, any noob dweeb with a checkbook can buy a top-end, zoot-couture roadburner and turn quick lap times or high top-end speeds, assuming he can drive it halfways decently, but how many of 'em can decypher what happened when their car turns in a soft lap time and improve or repair it? How many of 'em can even fix their buggies when they sideswipe a lamppost at WFO speed, without having to haul the whole thing back to the LHS? I think working with the TT-01 chassis system gives people starting out in the world of R/C racing (and some who've been here a while, too) a far, far better understanding of chassis dynamics and drive system mods. Plus it's just a whole lot of fun. ;^)

Anyway, that's just what I believe. YMMV, obviously...

-Dave
Old 12-08-2008, 04:28 PM
xxSLiMxx

Well i finally got my Honda Civic body and its all painted up now. All i need to do it make my light buckets and hook up my LED's Let me know what you think!

The last picture is my 1:1 cvic i used to own.

Name:	Hf99923.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1086323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86245.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1086324   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg91978.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1086325   Click image for larger version

Name:	Un34648.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1086326   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vg53503.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1086327   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ja42690.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	1086328  
Old 12-08-2008, 05:02 PM
The Collector1

That looks awesome, what are you going to use to for the buckets?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:02 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: The Collector1

That looks awesome, what are you going to use to for the buckets?
I have this suff comming from the UK its these little palstic pellerts you heat up in hot water and and mold into any shape you can think of, and once it hardens you can sand it, drill it, paint it. Once i get them made ill have some fallow-up pictures.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:41 PM
CrocEnd

Can someone teach an old dog a trick?
I will ask here tried on TB resource nothing back.
Please a way to remove old tyres from rims?
Thanx fella's
Old 12-08-2008, 10:54 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: CrocEnd

Can someone teach an old dog a trick?
I will ask here tried on TB resource nothing back.
Please a way to remove old tyres from rims?
Thanx fella's
Boil them for 10-15mins and "roll" the tire off the wheel. Its not the easyest way but it dose work, Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.