Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 11:09 PM
DriftingDragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

ORIGINAL: Straighthate

From today

TT01
Sport Tuned
CPR
A4 DTM body
are you using stock tire?

i will soon post pics of my ice/snow rally tt01

quite fun, 12T losi motor, and some STUDDED TIRES 0-full speed in snow in 4 sec no wheel spin
Old 12-08-2008, 11:09 PM
SIRCC

nice job Dude, A+
Old 12-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Straighthate

Using tamiya rally tires.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:18 AM
SIRCC

what did you use to insolate the electronics?
Old 12-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Straighthate

early 90s tamiya balloons. Just over the cpr unit and half the servo. Ghetto saran wrap around the rear chassis.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:05 PM
DriftingDragon

my car works great in the slush and puddles and wut the hay its heavy enough to sink to the bottom and drive across the bottom( its really fun)
Old 12-09-2008, 11:12 PM
turbodremz23
My Feedback: (16)

hey guys, got a question, and links to any products would be great..

picked up a couple tt-01's, and have been reading through the thread, a found a couple of my answers, but not all of them.

what parts other than the aluminum center shaft/shocks/tires need to be upgraded on these chassis?
I am planning to use a spare brushless system (6400kv) on the car, just for some bashing..not actually going to race the car, except for mabey straight line speed runs..

help me out..I have owned alot of rc's, but never owned a Tamiya.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:27 PM
littleleon

Bearings, if they don't have bearings, that's going to be a must.. especially with that size brushless system.

ORIGINAL: turbodremz23

hey guys, got a question, and links to any products would be great..

picked up a couple tt-01's, and have been reading through the thread, a found a couple of my answers, but not all of them.

what parts other than the aluminum center shaft/shocks/tires need to be upgraded on these chassis?
I am planning to use a spare brushless system (6400kv) on the car, just for some bashing..not actually going to race the car, except for mabey straight line speed runs..

help me out..I have owned alot of rc's, but never owned a Tamiya.
need to be
Old 12-10-2008, 12:08 AM
turbodremz23

I have a couple boxes of bearing here at home, just need to go through them and make sure I have the right ones.

anything else? found some gears/chassis conversions/a-arms/etc..
Old 12-10-2008, 01:01 AM
xxSLiMxx

Alum steering set up, it gets rid of alot of the slopyness.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:27 AM
turbodremz23

thanks slim.

nice EG hatch by the way..both 1/10 and 1:1 scale..not much of a honda fan, but have always like EG's for some reason.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:32 AM
xxSLiMxx

^^ Thanks! I dont like hondas eather but i fell in love with my EG hatch. *cries* i miss her lol.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:05 AM
The Rigger

ORIGINAL: CrocEnd
Please a way to remove old tyres from rims?

Are they glued on? Nail polish remover kills cyanolate cement (superglue) toot-sweet. Gets it right off your fingers when you're sloppy gluing new rubber on, too.

-Dave
Old 12-11-2008, 02:14 AM
The Rigger

ORIGINAL: turbodremz23

Dump the plastic bushings everywhere in the chassis & get the ball bearing kit. That should be your absolute first mod, *especially* if you're planning on running a high-zoot motor.

Adjustable upper arms & aluminum steering gear are pretty much a must-do, to take the slop out of the steering & suspension, plus without them you have no really effective way to adjust your wheel alignment.

A decent set of tires is pretty much mandatory - the OEM Tamiya slicks are fine for some basic, semi-controllable drifting, but the only thing they're really good for is keeping the chassis tub from dragging on the asphalt - they're horrid speed tires and not all that great for drifting. Good enough to learn the car on, but that's really about it.

If your goal is speed, you'll eventually be playing games with gear ratios. Get some different spur & pinion gears, and play around 'til you find a combo that sets your heart on fire.

Good luck & let us know how you progress,

-Dave
Old 12-11-2008, 06:05 AM
CrocEnd

Yep cheer's for the tips have heard about boiling the rims was wooried about warping will give it a try right now whats left the nail remover.
xxSLiMxx..... Nice EG.
I'am boiling...
Old 12-12-2008, 12:54 PM
jaymassive619

Hi

I just picked up a phantom stock motor 27 urn for my tt01 cheap. Does anybody have any advise around gears and pinion set up for this and would i need to update from the stock esc?

Cheers Jay
Old 12-12-2008, 12:56 PM
jaymassive619

ORIGINAL: xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: jaymassive619

Hi All

Im a total noob to RC and have recently purchased a TT01 Subaru.

I have just purchased the lexan corrado 1/10 shell for my TT01 i have everything i need to paint it and the item came with pre-prepared window masks. The problem i have is how to make the lights be it via decals or actually installing led lights. Ive googled for over a week to no avail. Does anybody have any suggestions? Does anybody have any custom decals for the corrado 1/10 shell that they could email me? Im at my wits end on this one as i dont want to start the job until i have this sorted out.

Also where can you purchase light buckets? Does anybody have any advise or exeprience in doing up this shell or similar?

Many thanks Jay

P.S im looking forward to joining whats looks like a great community!
I was in the same boat you where in untill about 3 days ago. As for decals im not sure where to start but for light buckets i can help you. IMO light buckets+LEDs look waaaay better.

Iv hear of ppl useing things like molding clay, Lego blocks, scrap lexan to make light buckes, but i found this stuff on ebay. There plastic pellets that you heat up in hot water and mold into what ever shape you like and then it get really hard (sand it, drill it, paint it ect ect) The best part is if you screw up just heat the plastic up again and remake it. I havent tryed it out my self yet (still waiting for it to show up) but from what i heard it works really grate. Just know that it sticks to other plastic stuff really well, so if your forming it around something (like i plan to do) make sure its not plastic, or lube the plastic up 1st (oil, grease, "lube" lol)

Have a look, these are the guys on ebay i found that have this stuff, and its really cheep to buy so why not try it. I payed like $7.00 total for a 100gram bag (no big loss if it dosent work out too good)

Polymorph is what the stuff is called.

Good luck, hopefuly you will find something that will work for you!

Slim.

Hi i picked a 100g bag off ebay thanks for the tip i plan to try it after xmas.

Have you used it yet?

Cheers Jay
Old 12-12-2008, 01:49 PM
xxSLiMxx

^^ Not yet im still waiting for it to show up....i should have it by next week the latest.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:24 AM
jaymassive619

Hi

I just picked up a fantom team stock motor 27 Turn for my tt01 cheap. Does anybody have any advise around gears and pinion set up for this and would i need to update from the stock esc?

It is also fitted with a schiokty Diode can anybody explain what this is?

Sorry for the noob questions but if you dont ask you dont get!

Many Thanks for the support

Jay
Old 12-13-2008, 11:27 AM
xxSLiMxx

Hi

I just picked up a fantom team stock motor 27 Turn for my tt01 cheap. Does anybody have any advise around gears and pinion set up for this and would i need to update from the stock esc?

Sorry for the noob questions but if you dont ask you dont get!

Many Thanks for the support

Jay
Your ESC is fine for now. As for gearing just start with a low gearing and work your way up untill you find a combo you like...something with a good mix of torquw and speed. A diode is more or less makes your motor work fastest with power getting to the motor quicker, and i beleve it also cuts down on radio noise (less glitching)
Old 12-14-2008, 12:22 AM
The Rigger

ORIGINAL: xxSLiMxx
A diode is more or less makes your motor work fastest with power getting to the motor quicker, and i beleve it also cuts down on radio noise (less glitching)

Close, but not quite all the way there... ESCs switch the motor power on and off rapidly at partial throttle, rather than varying the voltage the motor sees. High-rate ESCs use a Schottky diode to recirculate motor current while the ESC's MOSFETs are switched off, which helps make the motor turn and run smoothly through the switching cycle - high-performance motors (especially brushless) are *very* sensitive to this power-switching. Most ESCs have an onboard diode, but some require a second one mounted on the motor, especially if the leads between the ESC and the motor are quite long (not really the case with TT-01 cars). They do also perform a bit of RFI filtering, but that's a secondary benefit...

While it's true that this high-frequency MOSFET switching can induce interference or noise in the motor system, that's usually cured by soldering one or more capacitors or even choke coils across the motor terminals, in addition to the diode. It's not unusual to see both capacitors and Schottky diodes used together, depending on the ESC/motor combination. You usually see it in R/C aircraft, where a glitch in the motor would have much more serious results than in a car, if you know what I mean... ;^)

If your ESC/motor system does need a diode, be *ABSOLUTELY* sure to solder it on with the banded end towards the POSITIVE motor terminal.

HTH,
-Dave
Old 12-14-2008, 09:01 PM
solo13
My Feedback: (3)

Hello all , need help getting my tt-01 gearing to 4 2 fdr has anyone done this. I have a speed passion 17.5 I wanted to use ,any idea's out there. Thanks in advance
Old 12-15-2008, 02:29 AM
dfiantii

To get 4.2 which is what i have right now you will have to dump the tub chasis for the 3racing chasis and do some modification to the gear box of the 3racing chasis to make the gearing work. Check out the rctech.net tt01 forum from post 835 i think to the end and you will get the info you seek but it may be more work to get it there and your willing to do. Right now I have a motor heat issue that I am trying to pin down and can't seem to fix it and that with an fdr of 4.2 i think. I am running a kawada 65t 48 pitch spur with a 39t 48 pitch pinion.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:19 PM
jaymassive619

Hi i have the 55t 58t spur and 24t and 25 pinions ready for my TT01 and i want to try these with a new motor (i also have a fantom 27t that i will be testing after xmas).

I wanted to know which of the following motors would work best (for speed / control) for the above set up - note im using the stock esc with bearing and aliminium shaft.

Ansmann 15T

Ansmann 18T

Ansmann 21T

Ansmann 23T???

Old 12-15-2008, 07:27 PM
pimpedarse

Hey you guys so thats it, its christmas time and it looks like im good to go for a new brushless system... as ive said before, i have no clue about brushless...

whats the best brushless kit to buy? one thats good quality and versatile for different motors as well as different battery type... i run nicd but want to switch to lipo soon

oh man oh man cant wait

im getting the carbon fibre chassis as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.