Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: Carljw

I got the elv servo today and while I was there I got a new canopy for the B400.
I got the blue red and yellow one with the red flames. Mine was all taped up
from when I did a nose dive in Virginia.
So now all I need is the GY401 and the S-9257 . Still havent got my DX6i back fron Horizon
so I cant center the servos without the TX.

Jpee
I only won 55.00 not 55,000. When I ever get old and febel I might think about a trike
mabey next mounth LOL. As long as I can still lift my leg over the Nighttrain I will be ok.

Allmost forgot I have a Hyperion EOS 0606i A/C D/C I to 6 cells NiCd NiHM Lipo A123
lead acid battery. I paid $139.00 plus the adapters and the banana plug. I have 4 adapter
so I have every lipo brand covered.

I ordered a PKZ 3052 that I will wire to red JST so I can charge my MCX batterys on the
Hyperion. Ordered it December15th from my local Hobby Town and its not in yet.
I guess everyone is buying them up.
Hey Carl,

Thanks for the info. $55.00 could be a down payment for the HD! or at least start paperwork.......................for your divorce if you brought that home LOL
Old 01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Internet was down today so I could not get back to anyone. Not much going on with the exception of WIND again, but T-shirt warm......someting good. I also was given a possible new fly park location. We drove up there, about 12 miles and it is down in a river bed and very small but ..wide open. I may look in to it as for a heli it is kind of a nice place. They one have two tables and an Andy Gump so that tells you something. I was also told that the TV heli guys practice there to by following and filming cars up and down the roads in the area with big Nitro helis.
Thats it short and sweat.

Cool little plane there Nick.

JPEE
Old 01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Cool ya got an Ember ! That will be fun to pass the time when ya want to relax and fly....

JPEE ~

500 video...... LMAO.... Come on, ya got 80 degree weather ! [8D]

Today it was so nice ! It was 59 degrees full sun and hardly any wind... I took the 450 the the school 1/2 mile away from my house and burned up a few packs...

Old 01-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Carljw

Jpee
I think I am on my last Harley I got 23,000 in it and will never get that for it so its a keeper.
The wife should be happy I am not putting any more money into it since I started on the
helies although she did say something about detatching my scrodum if I charge any more
this month on the Visa.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:26 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

My first flight it was wind free, but my second it was a little windy. It could kind of fly, but it got pushed around. I am having a hard time getting my first battery to charge again. In flight the motor shut off, so I assume it was a LVC kind of thing. I think the battery is bent a little from me trying to get it in the charger.

Yeah with two batteries I can almost fly back to back, so that is kind of cool. And they were only around $8.

No I had to pay full price for the plane. I think they will probably send the left over products to the other LHS, so that is why they kept things full price.

Jeff,

Yeah it is very relaxing flying the Ember. And it will be great when I am waiting for the 450 batteries to charge. And it has plenty of speed for my backyard and handles a lot better than my Super Cub. I think it handles better because it weighs less.

Nick
Old 01-19-2009, 09:59 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Long story short I broke my Ember charge and I was wondering where you got those connectors to charge your MCX batteries.

Nick
Old 01-19-2009, 10:17 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I'am not sure where JPEE got those connectors, but they may be listed in the MCX mods parts and vendors thread I was just thinking... I just used a couple of the connectors from the stock chargers that I disassembed just for the connector, and soldered on a set of banana plugs for my Accu-Cycle charger...

Is the connector damaged on your Ember charger ? Because maybe for now you can swap it out of there like I did and rig up a connection to your charger of choice. That's your department so I'll let you check it out. I think under those rubber feet on your RTF charger there are screws to disassemble the charger...

~ Jeff
Old 01-19-2009, 10:25 PM
J-MICHAEL

Pics... Cheesy, but it works....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33350.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1114937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53851.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1114938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81416.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1114939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41744.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1114940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87579.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1114941  
Old 01-19-2009, 10:53 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I broke the circuit board in half that the connector sat on. So I soldered the pins on the wires and it is working and free. And it is so much easier to hook up the battery now, but I have to remember the polarity on the battery. Or if I had a diode I wouldn't have to worry about hooking it up backwards.

Nick

Name:	Ge96094.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1114989  
Old 01-19-2009, 11:01 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Cool.... I knew you were going to be all over it ! That's like a Tic-Tac in yer dept...LMAO... Hey... But I was just waxing my 450 canopy and for some reason "Red Rocket Hobbies came to my mind for those connectors... Not sure if it is, but it is a hunch for now until Mr JPEE gets up from his nap.

~ Jeff
Old 01-19-2009, 11:32 PM
JPEE

Nick,

I wrote my first note back to you and the forum dropped me, so this is #2. NO JEFF I WAS NOT NAPPING.............. I was resting my eyes.....lol

YES it was RED ROCKET HOBBIES.COM for a $1.99 each. BUT you must call them to check their inventory as I made the mistake of thinking they had them in stock just because they showed them. So you must call for a stock check.

http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Sear...Search=pkz3052

http://www.rchover.com/inc/sdetail/127641 they have 3 in stock

If you cannot get them let me know I'll see if my HeliHobby has them and mail them out. They will fit in a standard envelope ......no shipping from me LOL.

Number PKZ3052

In fact Nick, if you like I can just mail you one of mine in the morning. Let me know.

JPEE

Name:	Sp45464.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1115034   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37634.jpg
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1115035  
Old 01-20-2009, 12:23 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Thanks for the links. I added them to my favorites, so if I need some to make adaptors to charge on my other chargers I can. I did a little more modding and it is a lot easier to connect the battery. I just got done charging a battery and nothing bad happened.

Nick

Name:	Rp45007.jpg
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1115073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59049.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1115074  
Old 01-20-2009, 12:51 AM
J-MICHAEL

Hey Nick,

In your swash mix menu its ok to have the Aileron percent different than the Elevator percent right ? I've always had mine on the DX7 for the 450 the same, and if I go anymore than 75% on the Aileron in the swash mix my Microheli flybar cage will hit the blade grips, but for like my backflips I wanted to increase my Elevator... Its also at 75% on the swash mix menu. I put it to 85% and can't see there being a problem. I'am not the brightest when it comes to the TX and its programming and such, so I just wanted to ask ya to make sure if it makes sense any...

~ Jeff
Old 01-20-2009, 12:57 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah that is fine.

Nick
Old 01-20-2009, 01:21 AM
J-MICHAEL

LOL.... Thanks Nick... Like I said I'am retarded when it comes to the DX-7 and just the settings of the head period...LMAO... But cool, because I want to see the difference now in trying a backflip with the little more response. I tried twice today the backflip on how Glenn described in adding negative pitch at the right time at they were't to bad... Just need to practice and clean them up, but at least they didn't turn out like half a loop.

Thanks,

~ Jeff
Old 01-20-2009, 01:31 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

With your new settings it should help it flip faster. Good to hear you are getting to practice flipping more.

I disabled the governor on my 450 a couple of days ago and I got to test it today and it has a lot more power. But I set a low headspeed with the governor so it isn't a fair comparison. But it is a blast to fly now.

Nick
Old 01-20-2009, 01:57 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

With your new settings it should help it flip faster. Good to hear you are getting to practice flipping more.

I disabled the governor on my 450 a couple of days ago and I got to test it today and it has a lot more power. But I set a low headspeed with the governor so it isn't a fair comparison. But it is a blast to fly now.

Nick

That's good to hear the 450 is runing good for ya. I think my 450 is my favorite currently... I seem to always grab that one when I'am only taking one. LOL...

~ Jeff

Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, I did the same, when I knew I was going out to try backflips, I increased my elevator swash to 85% as well, and left my aileron at 75%...no issues...

So, are ya doin' backflips for real, or was that on the G4? [X(]

Good luck with them, once you do a couple, they get much easier...breaking the ice, so to speak...

Glenn
Old 01-20-2009, 09:27 AM
JPEE

Nick,

I hope your day is special and all good things come your way, your really getting up there now.............HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

JPee
Old 01-20-2009, 09:44 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Hope ya have a great one!

Glenn
Old 01-20-2009, 09:44 AM
evdreamer

Thanks JPEE.

Nick
Old 01-20-2009, 11:36 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! Hope the weather will be better for ya maybe to get a flight in today....

~ Jeff

Old 01-20-2009, 01:31 PM
evdreamer

Thanks Jeff. The weather isn't that bad. There is a slight breeze and it is 30 degrees outside. But I already got two flights in today with the Ember. I have to say, that airplane is addicting to fly.

Nick
Old 01-20-2009, 01:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

LOL... I know I bet the Ember is fun... I'll open up my backdoor to the house here and throw launch my Vapor and fly it all over in the sky above my small backyard... Its so fun... I then bring it in, as it can coast very slow, and catch it in the air for my landings...LOL... I cut the landing gear off my new Vapor now also. I lost 0.23 grams... LMAO... But it flies inverted a bit better as the legs before threw off the CG...

I tried doing a backflip a few times the appropriate way like Glenn described to me awhile back and they turned out much better than what they did before looking like a half loop, I just need to practice more and clean them up in making the backflip looking more fluent and natural...

High Quality though...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeytwVYTzIo

~ Jeff
Old 01-20-2009, 02:36 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I started flying over my trees and it seems like my flight times have increased because I can coast up there at half throttle.

Nice flips. It looked like you did a partial funnel around 3min into it.

I got the 450 out and it seems like night and day difference flying inverted with it compared to the Gaui. I was so used to how touchy I made the Gaui, but the 450 wants to hover hands of inverted. And I am getting over my fear of pirouetting CW inverted. Soon it will be easier to fly backwards inverted once I can get used to transitioning from each orientation.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.