Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 06:54 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff,

Nice, flying! I like the backflips too...now I gotta get out there and work on mine some!! I might have a break this weekend, but it's too far away to tell, but Friday is supposed to be 50 and sunny, it will be tempting to take my lunch break flying helis..LOL!

Nick,

Sounds like the plane is alot of fun.

Glad to hear that the 450 is treating you so well, and I have had the same general experience when going from the Gaui to bigger helis, it's much harder going back the other way, from big to small....

Hope your birthday is going well too...

Glenn
Old 01-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Evan T.

hey guys I was at my dads all weekend but I got 4 flights in on Sunday and one today but landed early because it was to windy there are 20mph gusts so it's kinds tricky flying
Old 01-20-2009, 07:17 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I managed to break my prop and I accidently stepped on the rudder, so I need some new ones. I took it out in some stronger winds and that was interesting to say the least.

Yeah I had a good birthday.

Nick
Old 01-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Evan T.

oh yeah happy bilated birthday nick I didn't have Internet to tell you on your bday
Old 01-20-2009, 07:21 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

I was wondering where ya been?

Cool to hear that you got some flights in, four flights are good, I havn't been able to fly in a couple of weeks...ARGGHH!

Glad to hear that you didn't have any crashes, and that you set it down in the high wind gusts...better safe than sorry...sometimes the wind will kinda carry the heli up and away...and it's hard to get it to come back...lol

How many flights now? Like 50?

Glenn
Old 01-20-2009, 07:23 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear your B-day was good...

Hope the LHS has the parts for the Ember.

I'll bet as light as that thing is, it would be a handful in the wind...

Sorry you stepped on your rudder..

Have you done any more with the CPP, or is it collecting dust again, like mine? lol

Glenn
Old 01-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Evan T.

Yeah Glenn 51
Old 01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
rotarydoc

Cool Evan,

Good work!

Glenn
Old 01-20-2009, 08:19 PM
evdreamer

Thanks Evan. Cool to hear you got to fly this weekend.

Glenn,

My LHS doesn't have any parts for the Ember, so I will have to order them online.

While I was at the LHS I bought a connector to hook my DD motor up to my 3in1. I think my brushed ESC is screwing up the signal or something with out me using the DX7. I will eventually work on it, but it is not high on my to do list.

RCHeli mag got their hands on a CPP2. They said it was an improvement, but it didn't get the ratings like a 400-450 sized heli would. I can list the ratings for you if you want.

Nick
Old 01-20-2009, 08:51 PM
JPEE

Hey Jeff my boy. Pretty nice flying there. But next time say something before you flip. We watch such intent and then if we blink you FLIPPED and we missed it. So perhaps just say here we go, or flip! so we know its coming. All in all great fliying and like Nick said looks like your playing with funnels. I caught that right off too!

Time to rest my eyes........................................just a bit

JPEE
Old 01-20-2009, 09:54 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry you have to order your parts online...I hate when I just need one or two things, and don't want to pay shipping on just them...

Yeah, I can see where the CPP isn't high on the priority list...although, it might be kinda fun at the fun fly, if you could get it working in time?

Thanks for the news on the CPP 2 review...I guess I won't get my hopes up! I was thinking that as long as it's taking them, maybe they performed some kinda miracle with the 2 in 1 or something that might make the motor/tail setup alot better...

It probably flies about like mine did at it's best with the GWS DD and the G110 I would imagine...for a few of those flights, it was pretty impressive, for what it was... Just too inconsistent...

Hope you have a nice rest of your B-day.

Glenn
Old 01-20-2009, 10:07 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I don't like ordering only a couple of very cheap parts. And I don't need any parts for my other helis besides the Gaui.

I could probably work on the CPP on Saturday and have it done in a hour or two.

Nick
Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 PM
J-MICHAEL

Man I can't wait for summer ! [8D]
Old 01-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Evan T.

i got one of those little rubberband powered balsa planes lol its like my million..th one but there so fun
Old 01-20-2009, 11:40 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

LOL on the rubber band planes....

You got me thinking, when I was a kid, I had this plane called a "Soaring Sam"...LOL[X(]

So, I Googled it, and sure enough;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixua8IGJmfw

Don't laugh too hard....LOL...I was LMAO when I saw this vid...

It had a little cylinder like the ones that CO2 air guns use, and at the rear end of the cylinder, it was open...you filled it with C02 from a can with this nozzle on it, and then held your finger over the nozzle until you let SOARING SAM go...LOL!!!

That thing would cruise for quite a ways...

OK, now I feel old....LMAO!!!

Glenn
Old 01-20-2009, 11:41 PM
JPEE

Hey Evan,

How ya doin? Perhaps you did not see my post. I asked you if your were really selling the CX2 and for how much? You must some great pilot to keep adding the number of fight you have, Congrats.

JPEE
Old 01-20-2009, 11:55 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

That was cool ! LMAO.... To bad ya don't still have it just for a keepsake for the collection. If I was a millionaire I'd collect old RC-stuff like the GMP Cobra you had at one time for example... I love all of em'...[8D] The same reason I'll never sell anything of my RC crafts, as I adore them all to much.... Yes... Even the CP-Pro...LOL ! Foggy today, but I got 4 flights in with the Vapor..

Nick ~

You stepped on your rudder ? LMAO... Sorry to hear that, but It put a grin on my face...

Evan ~

Charge JPEE double for the CX2.... He's good fer it.... Better yet, give him a good deal and keep it in the family....

~ Jeff

Old 01-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Evan T.

jpee since my cx2 has alot of upgrades i would sell it for like $210 because it has the eflite aluminum upper head aluminum lower head aluminum swash plate aluminum bearing holder aluminum heatsink, carbon fiber tail boom, three batteries but only two are very good the other was ran down to far and is kinda short flight times it also has the soloboss flybar mod and flys good with it

glenn haha thats cool i want it lol
Old 01-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Evan T.

jeff thanks for the congrats

jpee im about to put a new servo in it to but idk if im gonna sell it but why do you ask are you interested
Old 01-21-2009, 12:29 AM
J-MICHAEL

LOL.... I was just thinking of you today for a bit.... I was thinking I bet it won't be to much longer until ya have that blade 400 in some forward flight. Just something I sense is all... To me, the more the heli is moving the easier it is to control and more slow motion in giving it controls. I wish you had G4 because that would advance you so much it would blow you away... I get a few flights in here and there, but every flight I see improvement just because I'am on RCU less and on G4 more lately in the last few months... At least 1 hour of sim time a day, but try for more.

Its not knowing sometimes what to expect, and also questioning your abilities that makes it hard to start getting into forward flight. The simulator is excellent for knowing what to expect by far as for me G4 is very close in comparison to the real thing, and your abilities are always more than what ya think... I started with just doing tail-in's and then eventually crabbing the heli back and forth to the side and slowly trying to work the nose in so that then I was making passes that were going left to right in front of me, but no banked turns or anything. It was more of a stop at turn the heli slowly type of thing...LMAO... Then I would just practice more, and eventually took the heli up for just flying in a big circle in the sky around me as I would turn with it, and then in time was doing some figure eights and getting a little more in control of where I'am at today...

Once you get in the flying phase everything happens quickly in learning other stuff.

~ Jeff
Old 01-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Evan T.

im not lying when i say this but ive been flying medium speed figure eights for a while now im at 51 flights and fly twice almost every day im working on banked turns and nose in right now
Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, after I posted that, I remember my FAVORITE toy....how could I forget, MY VERTI BIRD!!!

Now, THIS is where my interest in helicopters came from !! LMAO!!

That thing was COOL...alot cooler that SOARING SAM ever was...LOL!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhkRnjLxQBc

I played with that thing for hours on end...

These were just a LITTLE before RC helicopters became popular....LOL!!

Glenn
Old 01-21-2009, 12:42 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Sounds like you are really making progress!

I second Jeff's opinion, if you had G4 or Phoenix, you'd be rollin' !!

Keep up the good work, and you'll be right up there with us guys in no time at all...

Glenn
Old 01-21-2009, 12:45 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, I sure wish I still had the Soaring Sam, the GMP Cobra, and the Vertibird!!

I also probably threw away thousands of dollars worth of Hot Wheels, AFX slot car tracks, model railroad stuff, and G.I. Joes....LOL

Wish I had 'em all back now!!

It's late guys, gotta go, enjoy the vintage toy show we had tonight...LOL

Glenn
Old 01-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Evan T.

Glenn your making me jealous I want one of those really bad now lol that's the best flight simulator money can buy lol but really I do want to play with one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.