Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Yep I had slot cars to we used to make them go so fast they would fly off the track lol and those were probably the most fun I wish I still had them to
Old 01-21-2009, 12:56 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Here ya go...LOL!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1971-MAT...2%7C240%3A1318

Amazingly, you can still get one!!

Glenn

Old 01-21-2009, 12:56 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I am a little clumsy and I tripped going to my computer chair. And the Ember just happened to be on the floor right next to my chair.

Glenn,

Interesting vids. This was probably a little after the vertibird, but I remember reading an article about the first RC electric helicopters. They used a lead acid battery and had a cable attached to that and the heli. It was a limited by the length of the cable, but was kind of cool.

Nick
Old 01-21-2009, 01:01 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I don't know the exact history of RC helis, but they probably had them (very crude ones) when the vertibird was out, in the mid 1970's...but nothing like we are used to...

It would be neat to research it sometime...

Glenn
Old 01-21-2009, 01:15 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

How could I forget my first nitro powered model car? LOL!

Now, this thing was crude...

Had a Cox .049 nitro engine, no radio control, ya just pull start the thing...(and I mean pull, and pull, and pull some more...LOL) until it starts...

Then the steering had 3 positions, straight ahead, left turn, or right turn, with detents to hold it turned...

Once started, the thing is sceamin'....and you set it on the ground, wheels spinnin'....and off she goes, where she lands, nobody knows....LOL!!

(I was a spoiled brat..LOL)

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-COX-GAS-...3A1%7C294%3A50

Now, it's time for bed...LOL!

P.S.

Man, I got to looking at this one, pretty sweet...and bringin' some $$$ too !!

Glenn
Old 01-21-2009, 01:39 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Yeah see, to bad ya don't have all that stuff still as it would be cool to have it all in a hobbyroom displayed......

Evan ~

LOL... I love those slot cars. I think I have a set up in the rafters in the garage somewhere...

Old 01-21-2009, 09:14 AM
JPEE

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the info your HOT CX2. The heli is not for me but rather a good friend who is getting into thie hobby. He has a MCX and is getting close to the next move up. However a totally tricked out sweet hight heli like your is not for him. I am looking for a medium grade heli that will take a beating from a newbee pilot. Your toally ticked CX2 should go a guy that is a qualifed pilot. Thanks for taking the time ot give my the scop on your heli.

Glenn, yes I too had the little Vertabird. I can still hear the cable spining in the case as it went out to the heli. Hours and hours of fun. But I have one for you too. I saw this in the store the other day I had one as a kid back in stone age. The older version was alot bigger but this is still the toy. I am waiting to get a weekend with my grandson so show what a fun toy can be "without batteries".

Picture wont DL so I'll have to shrink and come back
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65197.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1115944  
Old 01-21-2009, 04:25 PM
evdreamer

The weather is great here. It is around 60 degrees with hardly any wind, so I took my super cub and 450 to my baseball field. I can actually fly my super cub now and it is a lot of fun. It needs bigger wheels to land in the grass, but it flys a long time with NiMh batteries. It is pretty fast and I tried a back flip with it, but it doesn't have the power to pull through the top.

Then I got to practice some big flips and piro flips with the 450. Then I also tried doing autos pretty high up. I had some throttle during the throttle hold, so if I had to bail out it would be easier than having the motor trying to start up. I scuffed up the tail blades a little, but I learned a lot. It auto's pretty good, but I was pulling back on the elevator too soon so my landings weren't the best.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:17 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

This morning I went to fly the 500 for the Maiden flight (not counting my three hovers in the garage on one pack). On the way over I remembered I did not have my neck strap. I did have, fresh batteries I had just topped off, my hard hat with camera re-mounted, DX6i. So as I noted I did not have my neck strap my little voice said...you should have this! ! ! I pushed that aside and said to myself, I have flown without a neck strap I can do it again. As I approched my flying area at the Park it was wide open, YEA! except as I rounded the corner the groundsmen was on the big riding gang mower. It was then my voice was right...........the things that should be in place for a fun safe flight, neck strap, a clear area, are not there GO HOME JPEE the voice cried out so I did.

JPEE
Old 01-21-2009, 06:07 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Glad to hear that you got a break in the weather, you deserve it!!

Sounds like you had alot of fun with the cub and the 450 too...

Congrats on the success with the piro flips, and the autos...even if they aren't real pretty yet...

JPEE,

Yeah, sounds like your little voice was probably right...no sense in flying something for it's first real maiden unless you are totally comfortable...

I never used a neckstrap at first, now I can't imagine flying without one... I have gone back for mine before...

You have all the time, and weather on your side...so you'll get her up in the air soon...

Glenn
Old 01-21-2009, 06:19 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

Was the blade scuff from flying upside down and mowing the grass?
Old 01-21-2009, 06:36 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I had a blast. Too bad I didn't have any more batteries to fly with, but I was getting hungry so it was a great time to stop flying.

JPEE,

Sorry you couldn't fly the 500 at the park today. I won't fly without my neck strap. I tried flying without it and it just feels weird.

My tail blade scuff was doing autos over the baseball in field. When I was doing them I had a little too much down elevator too close to the ground. So the tail blades would strike the gravel.

Nick
Old 01-21-2009, 06:45 PM
JPEE

Nick,
DANG! gravel scuffs.........you are the man.

EDIT & UPDATE EVAN

Heliproz has the G4 priced right. The price below includes free shipping and no tax. My good freind just got his today. I know your struggling for bucks but where you can as Glenn and others have said you need one to promote your skills.

148063 RealFlight G4 Interlink (mode2) Simulat1 $179.98
Old 01-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Evan T.

jpee I would have gotten a sim a long time ago but my computer isn't good enough for it so I'm thinking about saving for a new one but idk

I can't decide what I want to do get a save for a trex 250 and the setup or use the money to by batteries and upgrades for the 400
Old 01-21-2009, 08:03 PM
JPEE

Evan,

My opinion would be to fly the beans out of the 400 and build your skills up, that is your goal. My opinion is, like your CX2 to bling a heli out is fine if you have deep pockets like JEFF lol. But in your position I would leanr to fly the danged blade soff that 400 and then get a 500 because I don't think there is a enough of a flyable difference between the 400 and the T-Rex 250. Ya never get back bing money? But you can buy another heli or a G4 with those funds and do two different things, fly and then practice or theotehr way around lol.

JPEE that is one mans opinion. Dont agree with it, but do read it and think about it.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:21 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

So cool ya got to fly your SuperCub ! Fly it like ya stole it...You were the lucky one today with the weather it seems. JPEE doesn't count as he has sunny weather all the time. It was foggy and 40 degrees here all day today. I did get 3 flights in with the Vapor stepping out the backdoor right before dark... I can't wait to take the 450 out again soon. I wish there was a way to film your flights, as that would be cool to watch. Ya need a helmet cam !

JPEE ~

Well at least you tried. Better safe than sorry... Especially on your maiden. I can't wait to see a video of the 500, I'am sick of watching my own... LMAO... Now I watch others videos more carefully as I can relate a lot better since I've been learning forward flight and such... You'll really like that heli JPEE... When its out flying in the field it doesn't look much bigger than our Blade 400's or Trex 450's, its just up closer it is more intimidating as its something were just not used to, but that goes away quick and I just fly the 500 like it would be the 450 just not as aggressive yet as I need to learn its limits.

Evan ~

If it was me, I would wait on the 250 since it will be more challenging to fly than the 400 anyway, and use that money to put toward the 400 or a good stock of more spare parts so you can just fly, and push the limits more since ya know you got a good parts selection to back up a crash or two... The more stuff you acquire for the 400 the more it will help keep it in the air and faster for you to get through the learning curve faster... Adding another heli adds more expense and might conflict with keeping the 400 in the air which is your best bet for learning to fly...

Just another 2 cents for ya to ponder... Buy another 400 ?! Then use one to push your limits, and the other as your baby...? You have the DX6i already so the BNF version would be cheap, or buy a cheap used one and tear it all down and re-build it like yer craving... LMAO...[8D]

Glenn ~

Your weekend is coming up... Charge up that cam, just in case.....

~ Jeff

Old 01-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Evan T.

I don't know what it is about the trex 250 that makes me want it so bad but I am gonna get it sooner or later lol but for now I guess I'll just by some more batteries for the 400 so I can fly a lot more but we'll see
Old 01-21-2009, 08:46 PM
J-MICHAEL

The Trex 250 might be cool though since its Wintertime as you might be able to fly it indoors someplace where the 400 you can't.... I'd be paranoid of the Trex 250's bugs there still trying to work out it seems. But the Gaui I'd jump on in a heartbeat... And that's coming from me who is a Trex fan by far..... The V2 Trex 250 is when it will then be in my collection...

Buy massive spare parts for the 400, go fly it, crash it, then fly it, crash it again... Etc. Etc.... Eventually your crashes will become less and less... Or you can just take your time in learning and the crashes won't be so often... I've wrecked the Trex 450 3 times since I've had it. If I had another one I would have flown the piss out of mine a long time ago and learned faster...

~ Jeff

Old 01-21-2009, 08:56 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I couldn't believe how good the weather was today. It will be nice again tomorrow, but I have to go to work. Then the rest of the week will be a normal winter day.

I was almost going to sell the Super Cub because I didn't have a good first experience with it. But now that I can fly it, I want to keep it.

Good to hear you got to fly the Vapor. I ordered my Ember parts today and they also shipped out today.

When I join my flying club I might bring my camera and film me flying the 450 and 600. But I don't need another video camera since I am trying to save my money. After my flight with the Cub I still want to get a 25 sized airplane. My B-Day money will get me half way there and I am hoping I can make the rest at an auction.

Nick
Old 01-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Evan T.

jeff I've had 53 flights with no crashes so I'm not willing to break that chain any time soon lol
Old 01-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Evan T.

Yeah nick I want a plane I've been thinking about the hanger 9 alpha 40 nitro trainer with pts and it also comes with a dx5e but I would bind it to my dx6i
Old 01-21-2009, 10:00 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

I have flown that plane and it flies very good. Since you can fly a heli that airplane will be no problem in the air. You might have to learn how to land it. On my first flight with it I was doing loops and rolls. It also handles the wind very good and has very long flight times. But you will need to fly it at a flying field since it is a Nitro and needs a lot of space to fly.

Nick
Old 01-21-2009, 10:13 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Jeff,

I got the cam ready...but it's looking like I'll miss the weather window of opportunity, since Friday is supposed to be the last nice day, almost 50 here...and then back to winter Sat, and more so Sunday...maybe I can squeek a flight or two in on Sat if it's not too cold...

Nick,

Glad to hear that the cub is working so well for ya, and you are staying away from the light poles..

Good that you ordered the Ember parts, and that the B-day money will help with the new plane...

Evan,

Lots of good advice, and I'd have to agree with most if not all....but I DO know how hard it is to resist the Trex 250...I was the same way when I got the Gaui...and plopping over $550 was not even a concern at the time...LOL Those little helis aren't little priced! Maybe compared to a 600 or something....but, they are pretty cheap (most of the time) to fix in a crash..

I like having 2 B400's, cause you can compare them, and not have to worry if you crash one...and the parts are cheap enough, and the rebuilds are pretty easy too...

I think your idea of extra batteries for now sounds good...

Too bad on the sim...that would be THE thing for ya...they are so helpful, it's hard to imagine if you havn't spent alot of time on one..

JPEE,

Maybe a flight later on in the week?

Glenn
Old 01-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Evan T.

We have millions of huge fields here like big enough to loose radio signal lol so you think it's worth the money I've flown a plane like it on the sim I do it every time I'm at the lhs and I'm pretty good at it and can land alright not perfect but nice and slow
Old 01-21-2009, 10:38 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I fixed my Belt CP today. I found a main gear which I needed in a pile of parts on the floor. I also looked over the Gaui and I only need 3 parts to fix it. But I will take my time on that since I have the gyro for the Gaui on the 450. Only one heli left to fix. LOL

Evan,

Only you can decide if the airplane is worth it. You also need the field equipment to start the engine and the fuel for it. Which is $20+/gallon.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.