Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

yeah glenn i could imagine how it would make me feel to have to watch a nitro heli do the chicken dance until the clutch burned up
Old 01-24-2009, 11:06 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Yeah, that would be ugly, to say the least![X(]

Back when I had my nitro heli, the radio had fail-safe, but the thing is, if there were a mechancal issue that made the throttle stick wide open, like a stuck servo, or barrrel in the carb, there would be no stopping it..LOL, and the chicken dance and burned clutch, if not worse, like a rod hanging out of the side of the crankcase would be the result...scary stuff!![sm=omg_smile.gif]

Fortunately, that never happened, although, with an FM radio, there were minor glitches...I'll say one thing, this hobby has come along ways in electronics, and we take our new, totally glitch-free 2.4 Ghz radio systems for granted....it wasn't so good back in the old days..lol

But, to be fair, I had a pretty top end Futaba PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) radio, which could still glitch, but it did have a pretty good fail safe system as well, if it lost the signal, you could program it to go to idle, provided it wasn't a mechanical issue like I mentioned above...

You gonna fly today? No detention today!!

Hope you have a nice weekend,

Glenn
Old 01-24-2009, 11:48 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

How depressing...[]

Light snow, 18 MPH wind, 28 MPH gusts...

I'll never remember how to fly...LOL[>:]

Glenn
Old 01-24-2009, 12:10 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I have been off line since last night 9:00 pm. anf moby have things changed. New computers are being bought and new Favorite folders are being created, snow is falling for some, some are getting out of detention, some are into Nitro, and some are looking at going "flybarless" wow!

Me...................well here in Sunny California the home of the "Sun"....................we are good and wet!

So that leaves me to put a new tail boom on 401 that has dent in it that I had not tocied sometime ago and a ever-so mild bend. Might try to salvage but it is not likely.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50330.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1118109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92221.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1118110  
Old 01-24-2009, 04:56 PM
evdreamer

Well my parts for the Ember didn't come today, so I have been working on the CPP to get that ready for tomorrow. I thought I had everything hooked up correctly, but my tail motor wasn't turning off when it should. So I was about to give up, but I thought I would try putting the tail motor connector in the other two pins and it started working. When I was doing my first test the tail motor was plugged into the main motor pins. My motor mount came unglued when I was testing it on the carpet, so I put some more glue back on and will test it again soon.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:40 PM
JPEE

Sorry Nick I have not read what you put above me there, I godda post and run off for a while

I have so much to say I don’t know where to start. I just got back from the LHS where I was going to order my Thunder Power Balancer to match my Thunder Power Charger. But first I got the owner off to the side he answered all of my questions that I had about this issue, and I want to pass information on.

The TP Balancer split plugs or ports “only†plug into a TP battery which has two blance connectors! But they do sell adapters to fit other batteries $$. So that answer solved a lot of questions right there. He said get a Common Sense BLINKIE as their new ones are Bi-Polarity, meaning you cannot plug them in backwards and burn them up…………..which he said even he has done. So a 6S Blinkie will take care of my 600 packs and do the job well. Oh but wait! There is more. I asked him about me making a parallel pig tail to accept (3) ea. 3S 400 packs. He said the charger will push the amps for the 9 cells but I will need (3) three Blinkies should I chose to go that way.

Then lastly we talked about my little Triton Jr. Charger a 5 ampere. He said they sell as I saw on the WEB last night have a split balancer but he cautioned me to stay away from it. He said again I would need pig tails…another expense. So as we laughed a bit and figured, two to three BLINKIES will solve all of my problems and you guy won’t have to hear me talk about this topic any longer. I would have bought them then and there but I did not have Gift Certificate with me.

JPEE
Old 01-24-2009, 07:07 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear the owner of your LHS answered all of your questions.

I sure don't have a lot of luck with the CPP. I got it flying pretty good, but when I was going to unplug the battery I some how managed to drop my transmitter. And I broke the plastic parts for the right stick. Least it wasn't my DX7. So my dad and I worked on that and super glued it. Then once I droped the transmitter it went to full throttle and the tail rotor hit my hand. Luckily the tail rotor broke, so it didn't do anything bad to me.

Nick
Old 01-24-2009, 10:59 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Cool pics of the rain in your yard... My yard is smaller, and nothing happens much more than a hover with the 450 and 500. You would like the Vapor in your yard, as it flies slow enough in tighter areas. Good info on the Blinky also... I've had good luck with my Common-Sense Blinky so far to date. I only have 1, and that is how I balance all my batts...LMAO... I need to buy a few more, or just bite the bullet and get a good balancer that has the cool graphs and gizmo's.

Glenn ~

I'am getting to the point now of not even joking when it comes to you not being able to fly ! Now its not funny...! LMAO... Just keep on the simulator, and it transfers the same to real life when you do get the chance... At least its getting lighter a bit longer like ya said now though...

I flew 3 packs in the Trex 500 today... 2 in my friends backyard, and 1 right before dark at the school 1/2 block from my house. It was pretty fun... I'am getting comfortable with the 500 now I can see. I even executed some piro's in my banked turns and haven't even tried it on the 450 yet but the 500 did them EXACTLY like the sim on G4 does...

Nick ~

I bet ya can't wait for the Ember parts to arrive... The good ol' addiction to the CPP eh ?! I took out my Typhoon plane out today, but it was so windy that after it launched it lasted in flight about 20 seconds until it came barelling down in some weeds...LOL... No damage of course, but way to windy for that foamy... Minutes afterwards (at my friends) I took up the Trex 500 in flight and couldn't feel the wind at all... It didn't even phase it flying all around... Pretty cool, but I wasn't going to try the 450 as the gusts would bite it pretty good I'am betting... Only about 42 degrees today and cloudy....

Evan ~

How many flights now ? [8D] Your the man.... You'll be inverted nose in by summer.... [8D]

Old 01-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Evan T.

jeff nice pictures thats a beautiful heli and an awesome canopy. i havent been able to fly since wednesday its cold and windy here and realy overcast
Old 01-25-2009, 01:03 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

That is some terrible luck with the CPP, sorry to hear about that...which TX got broken if it wasn't the DX-7? Glad it wasn't the DX-7 that you dropped...that would have been ugly...[X(]

Glad the CPP tail rotor blade didn't cut your hand or anything too...

Are you going to be able to get it all done by the time the fun fly starts tomorrow? Hope so...

Jeff,

Yeah, sooner or later, I'll get a break in the weather, and get a chance to fly...I have not ruled tomorrow out yet...supposed to be COLD, but not so windy...I'd rather fly in 10 degree colder weather, with less wind, than windy, and a bit warmer...[8D]

I have been keeping with the sim alot lately, mostly Phoenix, since I find it to be a good trainer for me, just seems more realistic/challenging. I think that some things in G4 are a tad bit too easy, like Nick said, with the inverted hovering...I just don't think that it's that easy and stable in real life. The B400 in Phoenix reminds me almost exactly of my real one, including feeling kinda sluggish on power...the backflips on it seem exactly like the ones I did on the video...so I'm gonna keep mostly with it...and leave the G4 for my fun flying...and with you guys, if we ever arrange another time to fly together....

JPEE,

Glad to hear that your LHS guy got ya straight on the charger situation...hope you can get everything figured out now...

Evan,

Yeah, join the club lately...I really want to fly! Maybe your weather will give you a break, mine doesn't look too promising any time soon...[]

Glenn
Old 01-25-2009, 01:15 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Good to hear you got to fly the 500 today. I really wanted to fly the Ember tomorrow, but I didn't know how long it would take to ship my parts from Horizon. I should have just paid extra for UPS 2 day shipping.

Glenn,

Yeah it has never been an easy ride with the CPP for me unlike my T-Rex's which have been unproblematic for the most part. I broke the stock CPP transmitter. I probably jinxed myself by not wearing my neck strap while I was testing out the CPP. The super glue looks like it is working, so I will find out tomorrow if the transmitter will still work.

The tail blade didn't even break my skin, so I got real lucky. If it was one of my bigger helis I would probably be in the hospital right now.

It shouldn't take too long to put the transmitter back together and I just need to put a new tail blade on the CPP.

Nick
Old 01-25-2009, 01:37 AM
JPEE

Nick,

Maybe missed it but what TX were you using that dropped?EDIT: I JUST RE-READ AND SAW IT WAS THE CPP TX. Also how come your were not in HOLD? My 400's scare me and for that fact I never go near them unless I am HOLD and then ICYA by giving it a bit of throttle just to make sure the balde won't start up on me.
It must have been fun working with your dad on the project. Glad that she is about toegther for the Sunday Fun Fly.

Mr. Jeffery,

YEP gonna get two Blinkies and my worries are over. So glad you got to fly today. The little woman and I (she is 4'11" but don't let on that I told you guy that!) were coming home from errands and the clouds looked like they were going ot open up for while, but no, three more blocks home and it was drizzinling again so not fly day for me. I just checke dmy flight log and my last time in the air was Jan 15th!!!!

Glenn,

Sorry to can't fly. I get me G4 back from my buddy next week and I too am bit rusty. I look forward to some SIMing to get get back on my feet. Well that sit guys it was busy day just doing NON heli stuff around the house.

Evan, the they said.....as good as you fly you will be inverted and doing loops real soon.

JPee off to the rack. Godda rest my eyes for a few Jeff lol.
10:37
Old 01-25-2009, 01:48 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

OK, I do think I remember you saying that you were using the stock transmitter on the CPP...but I can't remember why? [sm=confused.gif]

Yeah, as fast as the tail rotor blades spin, if it were a bigger heli, you might have gotten cut up...can't imagine the 600's tail blades getting a hold of your hands, would not be good...

Hope you can get it to hold for the fun fly tomorrow....

Glenn
Old 01-25-2009, 01:52 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

The stock transmitter doesn't have a throttle hold. But I always use the throttle hold when I use the DX7.

How soon after you get those blinkies are you going to fly the 600?

Nick
Old 01-25-2009, 07:33 AM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

I can't wait to see a video of yor 600 in time ! You'll get used to the 500 after only a few flights, if you let it. Just take it up, and pretend even if its just for 5 minutes, that its the B-400 and just fly it... Its so amazing to fly, and everything is so smooth and stable compared to our more twitchier 450 class heli's. Yesterday, I started to do some piro's as I would be coming around in a turn... It was pretty cool, and I didn't even get to try it out on the 450 yet but they came out exactly how I did them on G4...

This was my first run with flying on the 15t pinion I installed... I took off the 16t, and have noticed it being less in power so I might throw the 16t back on. But I'll fly with this one for a bit however... It will give me a tad more runtime, and I noticed my batts are cooler, and the esc was actually cold after this flight in the video ! Crazy... The motor barely warm also... I "put back" 1759 mah back into the TP 5-cell 3300 mah lipo after about 6 minutes of flight...

This video is to motivate you to get that 500 out ! And to make Carl even more anxious.....

Watch in high quality :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dniH8LXHBg

~ Jeff
Old 01-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Carljw

Jeff
That was great nice flying ya that got me going I just might have to get the Visa out and get that Gy401 and the 9257 sooner.
Since I got the new computer I can mess with some sims now to keep me busy and do some practicing till the snow melts and warms up a little.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Carljw

Jpee
When are we going to see the T500 video. I got clearvuew downloaded and working. I think I am going to spend the 40.00 and buy it.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:12 PM
JPEE

Take two: I just wrote a one page update and hit the wrong key and RC Forums took it!

Nick,
I am glad it was not the DX7, that would have been a tragedy! I hope you have fun tonight at the Fun Fly.

Glenn, sorry to cant fly due to the wind and cold. Keep working on the SIM

Mr. Jeff, young Squire that you are,
Great video and some good flying. You are 100% right! That take the 500 lift her, hover for a moment and GO! She flies better than a 400 so there is really no difference like you said beyond the 500 handles twice as nice. The 600 is another story, as I said I want to fly the 500 and wear the new off of that first.

Evan, I hope you’ll get some good weather soon.

Carl, put that Visa away. When you finish the car repairs and servos, then fly it and I think you’ll enjoy that much more! Look at me, my 500 sits done and yet I have not flown her. I want a nice day, some sunshine for that PERFECT WAVE on my first fight, Not this gray rainy gloomy weather.
EDIT:Take two: I just wrote a one page update and hit the wrong key and RC Forums took it!

Nick,
I am glad it was not the DX7, that would have been a tragedy! I hope you have fun tonight at the Fun Fly.

Glenn, sorry to cant fly due to the wind and cold. Keep working on the SIM

Mr. Jeff, young Squire that you are,
Great video and some good flying. You are 100% right! That take the 500 lift her, hover for a moment and GO! She flies better than a 400 so there is really no difference like you said beyond the 500 handles twice as nice. The 600 is another story, as I said I want to fly the 500 and wear the new off of that first.

Evan, I hope you’ll get some good weather soon.

Carl, put that Visa away. When you finish the car repairs and servos, then fly it and I think you’ll enjoy that much more! Look at me, my 500 sits done and yet I have not flown her. I want a nice day, some sunshine for that PERFECT WAVE on my first fight, Not this gray rainy gloomy weather.
CARL: My friend do what ya godda do................at our age you must enjoys every day. But if you go get that servos.......be sure to take the grand daughter with you...she will bring you good luck!

My picture start with yesterday............this morning, and right now for the last one. I thibnk I am getting a twitch to fly

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14043.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1119200   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68986.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1119201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19161.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1119202  
Old 01-25-2009, 12:55 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I know you look on the T-Rex forums, but I don't know if you seen this video of the T-Rex 450 pro. It flies pretty good to say the least. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdEV2KpUUgM

JPEE,

It looks like you have some good weather. Hope you can get some flights in today.

Nick
Old 01-25-2009, 02:12 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Itis kind hard to type as the adrenaline is still pumping, yes I took the 500 for a short hop. I had some stabilties issues that I don't think were mine. I pushed up the Gryo (numbers later) and on the second short flight she handled better. But I am getting a front to back "slight" bucking which I hope shows up. I am editing everthing down to shorten the two 500 videos into one. Then I will post as HD on another site for you to see. I did notice even with nose dumm dumm she is still tail light. I might also look at my Tracking and take off and check my tail blade and main blades again. I can Glenn was 100% you need ROOM to fly this puppy. JEFF 100% right on I took 402 for two packs to warm up, but I was still shaking so bad from adrenaline I hesitatd even taking 500 up.But again to go back to Jeff, I got it up and did a monent of hovering and then heard (no crap now) Jeff in my head saying just go so I did as you will see. I talk thought all of these videos to let you know how I have dealing so to say. OK videos are downloaded so its is not on to editing.

JPEE
PACKS are in the charger but I checked them and they were still 11.4 so I did not take hardly anything out of it.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:30 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool to hear you got to fly the 500 today.

I put my CPP transmitter back together and it is working. I also put a new tail blade on and re-glued the motor mount, so I am already for tonight. I just hope it isn't as cold as it was this morning. If it is, I might just forget about going.

Nick
Old 01-25-2009, 02:35 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Cool ! I'll be standing by awaiting the video... Your bobbing front or back/ up/down, I've heard guys saying could be caused from having a low headspeed... Did your 500 do that in idle up also with the higher headspeed ? Like I said, you'll get used to it very quickly... The size may be bigger, but that gets crushed quickly in making you nervous just because the stability makes up for it...

Thanks for doing a video, I've been dying to watch one from one of the guys and especially the 500... I hear ya about the adrenaline. I usually bring all 4 of my TP 5-Cell lipo's for the 500 in my pockets and at the field I'll usually just fly one pack as my adrenaline is pumping, I'am nervous, excited, etc. etc. and I'am usually wiped out...LMAO... But recently I've been getting more comfortable with it and have been running a few packs between short rests...

We had a light dusting of snow today, and its 35 degrees at this noon hour... I might go fly, but 32-33 degrees is usually my cut-off as my fingers lose there touch when there froze...LOL... I need to practice on G4 wearing my cut-off finger gloves so I'll be used to them in RL.

~ Jeff

Old 01-25-2009, 02:44 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

It looked like you were having fun with the 500 in your latest vid.

Nick
Old 01-25-2009, 06:01 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jeff,

I know you look on the T-Rex forums, but I don't know if you seen this video of the T-Rex 450 pro. It flies pretty good to say the least. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdEV2KpUUgM

Nick ~

Yeah I saw that video.... Its pretty cool. I love my 450, and how it delivers that good snap in aggressive maneuvers. I bet the Gaui being even smaller with that insane headspeed can be pretty spunky also...

~ Jeff

Where the heck is JPEE's video ?! He took off runnin' and didn't come back..... LMAO... [8D]
Old 01-25-2009, 06:04 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick, I just checked the weather for you out there..holy crap!! It says the wind chill is -4, and you might get some snow too...don't blame you for not wanting to go out in that...[X(]

JPEE,

Congrats on your "real" maiden of the 500, anxiously awaiting your videos!

Jeff,

No video for me with the 500 anytime soon, I am done with this AR6200, I don't trust it....went to fly the 500 today, got all ready, plugged the battery in...and nothing. Tried again, reset the TX, retried, made sure everything is set...nothing, no radio connection. Tried two more times. Nothing. All this time, I'm out standing in 30 degree weather, no gloves...lol...

So, as a last ditch effort, I rebound it there in the field...and it took...now this heli was just bound 2 weeks ago when I was helping JPEE out with his...so something is up...even after binding, the satellite reciever is still blinking fast...so I'm gonna pull it out tonight, and send it to Horizon...

I did fly the 500 like that, though, blinking and all...and it seemed OK...but, my flying sure needs some work, I was WAY rusty, my goodness....looked like a complete noob flying the 500 around..LOL

The temp was 29-30 with about a 6 MPH wind...my fingers were basically numb, I agree with you, I made a new rule for myself, nothing under 40 degrees for me from now on...it's just not worth it....

And, no flying the 500 right out of the gate after a 2-3 week layoff from RL flying, sim or not...LOL..I'll warm up with a pack or two with the B400 next time..

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.