Mintor 33 = 220€ /316$ VAT excluded.
MVVS 30 = unknown ?
Syssa 30 = unknown ?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:01 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLE What?!?!

look at HK and all of there DLE's are on back order,i bet you can't buy one.
maybe they are in stock now,but every time i look,they are on back order.
lust buy the DLA,just a different case,and NSK bearings,everything else in the engine will interchange with parts from the DLE.
if you are looking for as cheap as you can prices.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not about the brand. It's only about the money. Then it's about obtaining the brand for the least amount possible, if possible. Another case of "I want the best but I don't want to pay for it".

If what they receive isn't quite what they ordered, what does the Chinese shipper care? You think you're going to get your money back? Are you going to pay return freight to send back an engine that may never be replaced with another? Do you think you have any recourse?
Old 06-22-2011, 12:12 AM
guille2006

It's not only about the money; it's about the best you can get paying the less possible. Also other factor are considered: weight and power...
Examples; Zenoah was excluded bacause is heavy, Fuji not powerful, 3W expensive and heavy, MVVS not really powerful, SE and CRRC poor quality. The final list is more or less the one andika said above. So far, DLE is the winner... so far...
Old 06-22-2011, 03:29 AM
Andika

Why would you get a chinese engine if you have the Mintor 33 at home coming soon ? a true CNC machine 100% made in Italy

DLE 30 EU = 220€ ~ 280€ + shipping
DLE 30 USA = 299$ / 208€ + shipping + VAT + custom fees
Mintor 33 EU = 220€ + VAT + (shipping ?)
Old 06-22-2011, 04:29 AM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: closetguy

Last Fall, DLE cleaned up it's act and dropped the cut throat wholesalers they'd been supplying.

Like Hobbico, VVRC will also setup your LHS to carry DLE engines. But if your LHS already carries them & they're supplied by Hobbico/Tower Hobbies......make a bee line over to VVRC instead so you get decent service!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:14 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 377 Likes on 304 Posts

lust buy the DLA,just a different case,and NSK bearings,everything else in the engine will interchange with parts from the DLE.
if you are looking for as cheap as you can prices.
Read what I quoted.

They are perpetually on back order but if you read the line at the bottom they have been dropped and replaced by the RCGF or whatever it is.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:29 AM
Tired Old Man

I can't seem to get this across. A little more weight in a performance engine is not always an issue if the engine easily more than offsets that with increased torque. Now I understand little airplanes frequently lack the ability to carry a little extra engine weight because of design and wing area. That should be a fair indicator of having a plane that may not be suitable for a gas engine because of design shortcomings.

As for DLE availability, the days of "back door" engine sales is pretty much over for DLE engines. If you want one it will come through authorized dealers and will have gotten to their door through approved channels. There had been so much undercutting taking place with slaes by people that provided no service to back up a warranty that reputable delears were losing money on slaes. Plus all the people with the super savers were sending their engines to the people they never bought the engine from for repair work. If you buy an engine, a good engine, and you expect to have service availabiltiy you need to have dealers with the capability of performing that service. Anyone can sell cheap, but will they be ther 6 months from now? Probably not.

View the practices of companies like DA, 3w, MVVS, and BME to view how things should be handled. One primary distribution point for each maker, who in turn controls the number of dealers and their coverage areas. A diference here is that DLE uses the local level dealers to handle most warranty work. DA and BME, send the engine back. MVVS/Evo, send to Horizon. 3w has one U.S. service location, which is the dealer.

Limiting the number of outlets assists dealers with remaining in business. Yes, you'll have to pay a little more, but it's really not all about you from their perspective. They have to pay thier bills to and if they are doing all the work while making fewer sales they won't keep their doors open very long. Just like your boss won't keep you working if the guy down the street is sellling the same thing you make for your boss for only a $5.00 profit. Business should be a win/win situation. It cannot be a win/lose if you want to stay in business, there has to be balance. If the customer has to pay a little more for the company to stay in business, so be it. Both benefit in the long run. The short term view of the customer is how this country got into the mess it's in right now.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:45 AM
BarracudaHockey

Why do DA engines cost so much? Is it because the engine is twice as good as another? They are nice, no doubt, but you're buying the outstanding service and parts support up front.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:20 AM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

Why do DA engines cost so much? Is it because the engine is twice as good as another? They are nice, no doubt, but you're buying the outstanding service and parts support up front.
Ding Ding! Somebody give the man a ribbon because he hit the nail on the head. DA IS a quality engine but you DO pay ahead of time for their superior service. They aren't just doing it out of the goodness of their heart and that type of service cost a butt load of money to carry out. That is why you pay $600.00 for a 50cc engine. Is anything wrong with that? Of course not. Do DA's fail? You bet they do but they get repaired and replaced so fast people seem to forget about the engine breaking.

I for one don't really need to buy the built in service plan because these engines are so easy to repair it's not even funny and parts are cheap enough to replace.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:29 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks, guys....My prices fpr conversions just went up 100 %....
I am one of the cutthroat people talked about in the thread...My conversions cost $150 in 1987 and stayed the same until I read this thread.. Price is now $250...
A G62 lite will be $700...And will outlast any other engine on the planet...[>:]
Old 06-22-2011, 06:40 AM
a1pcfixer

ORIGINAL: guille2006

How is possible?
Hobbyking sells the DLE-30 @ U$S 219 while Tower........
Not true, HK no longer carries DLE.

Earlier this year I contacted one of DLE's authorized dealers, as a rumor was afloat that Hobbico/Tower Hobbies was to be the sole
US dealer (false!) and here's what DLE replied back to us;

Hi Jim, Mike,

Hobbico is not the sole DLE distributor in US. And we'll not supply more dealers to US market, every dealers you knew is on our website.

The DLE Engines
Mile Hao Xiang Model Technology Co.,Ltd
www.dlpower.net

IOW; DLE has ceased to supply the cut throat wholesalers that used to carry the DLE line like HK and others.
Which is why HK falsely states they're on back-order, when in reality HK can't get any DLE.

The current list of DLE Authorized Distributors is here.....
http://www.dlpower.net/custom.asp?id=7

Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 AM
guille2006

A simple question comes to mi mind: SO WHAT THE .#. SELLS TOWER HOBBIES??!?!?! They are not in the list of DLE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:46 AM
BarracudaHockey

Not so false when you read the line that says.

"THIS IS AN ARCHIVED PAGE. THE PRODUCT IS LONGER AVAILABLE...."
Old 06-22-2011, 06:48 AM
a1pcfixer

Shoot, they're listed TWICE!

Great Planes, aka Hobbico, aka Tower Hobbies.

GP owns the other two, TH being their retail outlet, and Hobbico being their service dept.(how's that for an oxymoron[8D]).
Old 06-22-2011, 06:48 AM
guille2006

Sorry but when I go to tower's I cannot find that line... where is it?
Old 06-22-2011, 06:49 AM
a1pcfixer

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

Not so false when you read the line that says.

''THIS IS AN ARCHIVED PAGE. THE PRODUCT IS LONGER AVAILABLE....''
Sure it is, they just aren't getting it....like others.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:50 AM
a1pcfixer

ORIGINAL: guille2006

Sorry but when I go to tower's I cannot find that line... where is it?
Not at TH, it's here;
http://www.dlpower.net/custom.asp?id=7

Near bottom of list.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:52 AM
Tired Old Man

Here's something for people to chew on.

What will happen to DLE engine pricing if and when dealers decide to stop doing the warranty labor for free? Currently they get a fair number of the replacement parts handled by DLE but none of the dealers is reimbursed for their warranty labor costs. The day they elect to get paid for their work, engine prices will rise. Nobody likes to work for free. Certainly none of you but you expect you engine suppliers to do so. I hate to think what would happen if your employers were to ask you to give up payment for work. Yea, I know, that's different....

It WILL happen, it's just a matter of when. When it does, how much of a price spread do you think you'll have between DLE and DA? If DLE was to open up a shop over here and payed a few people to do work?

Ralph,

You've been giving your work away for years. More often than not the cost of postage costs the customer more than your labor does. Not beaing mean spirited in any way but if you had to live off your hourly labor rates you would have starved to death 20 years ago. Been more than once your labor charge to me for 6 hours or more of work was billed at a total of $20.00. I know you do the same or less for others. So hell yes, raise your prices and at least make something on your skill and knowledge.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:54 AM
a1pcfixer

Maybe your looking for Andy's reference, it's middle of this HK page....
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15296

Just above this "CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE NEW PRODUCT"
Old 06-22-2011, 08:51 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been on backorder since early January, and none are coming (DLE30 anyway). AFAIK, HK is no longer a seller of legitimate DLE's. I had one on backorder back in January, finally got my $$$ back in March, then did what I should have done in the first place and bought a DLE30 from a reputable US dealer.

If nothing else, knowing that if I ever did have trouble with the motor, and had I gotten it from HK I'd have a tough time getting any warranty repairs, it gave me some peace-of-mind to buy it from a dealer even though it cost more.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:06 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

Here's something for people to chew on.

What will happen to DLE engine pricing if and when dealers decide to stop doing the warranty labor for free? Currently they get a fair number of the replacement parts handled by DLE but none of the dealers is reimbursed for their warranty labor costs. The day they elect to get paid for their work, engine prices will rise. Nobody likes to work for free. Certainly none of you but you expect you engine suppliers to do so. I hate to think what would happen if your employers were to ask you to give up payment for work. Yea, I know, that's different....

It WILL happen, it's just a matter of when. When it does, how much of a price spread do you think you'll have between DLE and DA? If DLE was to open up a shop over here and payed a few people to do work?

Ralph,

You've been giving your work away for years. More often than not the cost of postage costs the customer more than your labor does. Not beaing mean spirited in any way but if you had to live off your hourly labor rates you would have starved to death 20 years ago. Been more than once your labor charge to me for 6 hours or more of work was billed at a total of $20.00. I know you do the same or less for others. So hell yes, raise your prices and at least make something on your skill and knowledge.
I agree with that 100%. Capt,n Just don,t raise prices too high.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:04 PM
kurt2022
My Feedback: (18)

My experiece with chinese gas and glow engines has been horrible! My experience with first world gas and glow engines has been good! I will do the RIGHT and MORAL thing and support first world nations from now on! I will have to pay more for them, but as the old saying goes "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"...PERIOD!!! I want someone making more than a quarter an hour producing my engines! Slavory is immoral, even if it is 10,000 miles away or next door, it does not matter to me because it is still wrong! My type is in the minority today and that is so sad for America's future!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: Antique

Thanks, guys....My prices fpr conversions just went up 100 %....
I am one of the cutthroat people talked about in the thread...My conversions cost $150 in 1987 and stayed the same until I read this thread.. Price is now $250...
A G62 lite will be $700...And will outlast any other engine on the planet...[>:]
Hell, I couldn't figure out why you didn't do it years ago. Your last line is as true as it gets. The only problem with Zenoah's is the don't stand up to flying nose into the ground at 100 mph very well.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: kurt2022

My experiece with chinese gas and glow engines has been horrible! My experience with first world gas and glow engines has been good! I will do the RIGHT and MORAL thing and support first world nations from now on! I will have to pay more for them, but as the old saying goes ''YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR''...PERIOD!!! I want someone making more than a quarter an hour producing my engines! Slavory is immoral, even if it is 10,000 miles away or next door, it does not matter to me because it is still wrong! My type is in the minority today and that is so sad for America's future!
LMAO, that was petty funny. Now you have turned a hobby engine purchase into a moral crusade?
I am a bit confused here, you say "Your type" is in the minority here an that is "so sad" for America's future when you buy all your engines are Evolution engines.
Since you are on a moral crusade now are you going to stop buying everything that is made with "slavory"? Are you going to stop shopping at Walmart? Target?
I am so glad you have seen the light and now America's future is safe knowing that you are going to keep on buying all your engines from the Czech Republic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.