Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Alm Meca Turbines

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Alm Meca Turbines

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 05:49 PM
peter 098

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Here you guys go, here’s a video from this past summer at a local jet even if the turbine in action.
Old 11-16-2022, 09:23 AM
Joe Bladwin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Internal parts just look as the vintage (2009) GR180 engine developped by Gerald Rutten.

Proof here: https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/8839129-post63.html

A bit dated and expensive design, btw.

joeb
The following users liked this post:
Dansy (11-16-2022)
Old 11-16-2022, 11:54 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

So much contempt prior to investigation. I applaud the OP for keeping a good attitude.
The following 2 users liked this post by jvaliensi:
Agrav8ed (11-16-2022), Smokeyr67 (11-18-2022)
Old 11-16-2022, 12:20 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by peter 098
The custom wiring harness is just to make the customers life easier, so it makes it easier for install. As you know all the other brands give you one size length wire and from time to time at least for me it’s so long I don’t know what to do or it’s so short that I have to go buy other wires and that’s extra money having to spend. This is just a kill two birds with one stone situation. The reason for build to order is so each turbine could be tested precisely and made sure that ever run as they should and customer doesn’t end up with any issues, worst thing is getting a new turbine and having issues right from the get go because some little thing wasn't don’t correctly and causes you headaches. Customer as of now will not experience any delays because of the built to order, will get it, maybe even quicker then some of the other brands out depending on where you are in the world. Reason for proper clunk is a get clunk is required to work properly, I have tested this with a normal brass clunk and then switching over to felt clunk, I did all the flips and roll and anything I could throw at it and had no flame outs with either but with the brass it would sputter a bit and I did not like that.
Originally Posted by jvaliensi
So much contempt prior to investigation. I applaud the OP for keeping a good attitude.
Seems to me that you have it backwards sir. Lots of investigation based upon OP’s pics, statements, and even questions he’s totally dodged. Meanwhile his positive statements are what’s largely unverified.
Old 11-16-2022, 02:19 PM
jvaliensi

Originally Posted by highhorse
Seems to me that you have it backwards sir. Lots of investigation based upon OP’s pics, statements, and even questions he’s totally dodged. Meanwhile his positive statements are what’s largely unverified.
Please post your test report.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:50 PM
highhorse

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
Please post your test report.
Red herring, much? Read the thread again please and be careful what you ask for sir.

IF one simply must rely on data NOT provided by the mf’r or the OP, then I refer you to the June/July RCJI test report.. If one simply must rely on data NOT provided by the mf’r or the OP, then I refer you to the June/July RCJI test report which has no more + than - commentary overall and ranks the subject 180 thrust:weight ratio of this “New” engine as 5th of 7 in the class, only beating engines from tests conducted between 9 and 10 years ago. Engines ranking 1-4 on the other hand are from as many as 12 years ago.

The RCJI report aside, the only “testing” required in order to reach negative conclusions regarding this product line are the OP’s OWN PICS AND COMMENTS, coupled with his deafening non-answers and/or side-steps to specific questions. And if one’s product must resort to claims of no need for a UAT as a “highlight” -a claim actually based on 15+ year-old felt clunk innovation rather than the engine itself- or to outright false claims of superior service intervals, then there are warning signs here regarding both the manufacturer and/or it’s representative. By these standards, one might as well claim Kero start as a “highlight”. The smoke being blown up our skirts here is glaringly obvious.

There’s little or no reason IMO (and apparently others’ as well) to purchase a poorly launched/represented engine from a new, untested manufacturer. All the more so when those engines, as per the manufacturer’s OWN SPECS AND PHOTOS (!) offer no new technologies or performance gains, are heavier, and cost more.

But hey, man. Free Country, so no judgement here on your own conclusions. If your rosier world view compels to spend YOUR OWN $ on these engines then please do. Meanwhile, you might do well to refrain from impugning others judgements of the matter.

Last edited by highhorse; 11-16-2022 at 04:13 PM.
Dansy (11-16-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 12:33 PM
highhorse

Hey all, I visited this guy’s FB page. What I found were some pretty outlandish claims for this line of turbines as having better specs than ALL others, TWO SECOND acceleration time, etc. This, according to what one may infer from his photos and posts is a very young guy -one might even say a kid- with little or no real expertise. Maybe I’m 100% wrong, but I have tried and failed to find a reason to explore the brand with my $.

I wouldn’t go to the trouble of extending this absurd thread one post longer if he hadn’t been even more dodgy on FB than this forum (if that’s possible) when asked a simple question regarding performance.

I feel genuinely bad for this “Rep” (just not bad enough to hand over my $) because by all appearances, imo -and I truly hope I am wrong here- it seems like he is basically just some young dude in over his head who misjudged then audience here as unsophisticated and therefore vulnerable to weak marketing tactics.

Once again, I will say that I hope I am wrong…

Last edited by highhorse; 11-17-2022 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-17-2022, 07:11 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Ok so I was reading most of the comments about the turbine, so this is my one first hand observation because I have chance to touch and look at the turbine and yes the turbine is bigger than those days 180 size turbines and look definitely different than what we see around but as a performance it’s kind of like the big block engine with small turbocharged engines, it works perfect with very fast response and pushes the jet very well so the job is done, yes there some stuff that I would charge like the big all in one box that is much larger than for example the jet central power box and I will never advertise that the uat is not needed because as long as I fly jets this was a very helpful device no matter what turbine was used specially with multiple fuel tanks setup, so the turbine is maybe different but it works perfectly and only time will show if we the Rc jets enthusiasts going to accept and like the new product, just remember when the first Kingtech was announced what everyone was saying and tell that this is the next junk just like jetjoe from China but after the 2011 jet world masters everything started better for them and the beloved jetcat is not the first choice specially at this moment.that’s it and I wish Piter great success with this new brand.
David J Ruskin (11-18-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 08:22 PM
Ron S

Received 206 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by sysiek
Ok so I was reading most of the comments about the turbine, so this is my one first hand observation because I have chance to touch and look at the turbine and yes the turbine is bigger than those days 180 size turbines and look definitely different than what we see around but as a performance it’s kind of like the big block engine with small turbocharged engines, it works perfect with very fast response and pushes the jet very well so the job is done, yes there some stuff that I would charge like the big all in one box that is much larger than for example the jet central power box and I will never advertise that the uat is not needed because as long as I fly jets this was a very helpful device no matter what turbine was used specially with multiple fuel tanks setup, so the turbine is maybe different but it works perfectly and only time will show if we the Rc jets enthusiasts going to accept and like the new product, just remember when the first Kingtech was announced what everyone was saying and tell that this is the next junk just like jetjoe from China but after the 2011 jet world masters everything started better for them and the beloved jetcat is not the first choice specially at this moment.that’s it and I wish Piter great success with this new brand.
Sysiek,
that’s one hell of a sentence!… 🥲
Old 11-17-2022, 08:25 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Chicago public school 😀 , not really, hope that everyone got the massage
Old 11-18-2022, 05:35 AM
peter 098

Originally Posted by highhorse
Hey all, I visited this guy’s FB page. What I found were some pretty outlandish claims for this line of turbines as having better specs than ALL others, TWO SECOND acceleration time, etc. This, according to what one may infer from his photos and posts is a very young guy -one might even say a kid- with little or no real expertise. Maybe I’m 100% wrong, but I have tried and failed to find a reason to explore the brand with my $.

I wouldn’t go to the trouble of extending this absurd thread one post longer if he hadn’t been even more dodgy on FB than this forum (if that’s possible) when asked a simple question regarding performance.

I feel genuinely bad for this “Rep” (just not bad enough to hand over my $) because by all appearances, imo -and I truly hope I am wrong here- it seems like he is basically just some young dude in over his head who misjudged then audience here as unsophisticated and therefore vulnerable to weak marketing tactics.

Once again, I will say that I hope I am wrong…

Can you please explain to me about I was “Dodge” on Fbook even more on this group? Someone asked a question and I asked them to please refer to my more recent posts, nothing dodge about that just seems like laziness on your part because you could hav exist clicked on my name and seen more about the turbine. The two secound response was a spec on the engine but since has been bounced up to 3 sec. Nothing fishy that’s how it was.
Old 11-18-2022, 05:42 AM
peter 098

Originally Posted by sysiek

Thank you Sysiek and I agree with you. This is a launch of a turbine, obviously it’s going to have some stuff needing updating. Nothing is perfect and I appreciate all your guys comments so I can tell the manufacturer what they should work on to make it even better.
Old 11-19-2022, 07:43 AM
Nige321

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Sysiek and I agree with you. This is a launch of a turbine, obviously it’s going to have some stuff needing updating. Nothing is perfect and I appreciate all your guys comments so I can tell the manufacturer what they should work on to make it even better.
It's usually wise to do the updating before it's launched...
Old 11-19-2022, 08:56 AM
peter 098

Originally Posted by Nige321
It's usually wise to do the updating before it's launched...
Other brands also update their turbines many times over the years after they have been released. Guess that isn’t wise on their part either.
Old 11-19-2022, 09:04 AM
Nige321

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Other brands also update their turbines many times over the years after they have been released. Guess that isn’t wise on their part either.
I think you're missing the point...
Other brands don't release an engine which looks a bit like a prototype...
Old 11-19-2022, 10:11 AM
JSF-TC

Received 135 Likes on 79 Posts

.....from 20yrs ago..........
Old 11-19-2022, 12:16 PM
jvaliensi

Yes they must try harder to make us happy...

Who wouldn't bend over backwards for such a kind and caring group?
Old 11-19-2022, 12:44 PM
scottkieper
My Feedback: (10)

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Sound like the old turbine that jeff Semore was selling in [ Neenah wis] when he was alive, he was making the first drone for Nasa. back in the late 80s.
Old 11-19-2022, 01:31 PM
peter 098

I think you're missing the point...

Not sure how they look like a prototype, but ok.
Old 11-19-2022, 02:23 PM
peter 098

Hey guys, so I did some investigating to see what the specs are for all the major turbines on the U.S market for the 210 size turbines(some brands have a bit larger or a bit smaller but more or less around the 210 mark) and I got to say the a-210 is a real competitor comparing to all the normal specs that the turbine mfrs have on there websites. Starting off with price, it is very competitive considering some brands are asking over $4000 for less powered turbines but we aren’t here to judge. A-210 has the smallest diameter at 109mm followed by jc-200 at 111mm. It does have the longest length at 330mm but this includes the cone at the end not the actual can, again some brands don’t have it even specified. Has the smallest amount of consumption rate at 450ml/min at 100k rpm, some companies, as you can see below don’t, don’t even mention at what rpm but alm meca has that specified. All around the 21kg mark since they are all around the 210n mark. Is the the second most heaviest followed by the p-200 but again some companies don’t specify complete weight. On the high end has the highest rpm out of all the other engines at 124k, and has a 3.5sec acceleration from 33k-124k, again some of the companies don’t have times specified(almost none actually) and has almost the lowest idle rpm at 33k, Jc-200 at 32k.

So to come to a conclusion, the A-210 is like I stated above very competitive in the 210n market. Also has some key specs specified even with other brands not having anything you guys have mentioned like 5000ft tests. Some brands don’t even have some basic specs specified. Soon I will be making comparisons for the A-180. So all in all most of you guys made this turbine seem like it’s an ancient artifact that doesn’t have any specs but like I have proven has many key features that beat some of the other larger brands on the market. All of these came directly from the companies websites not making any of this stuff up.

Alm meca A-210

$3250

Diameter: 109mm

Length: 330mm

Consumption/min: 450 ml/min at 100,000 rpm

Thrust 210 nm = 21KG

Complete weight = 2.1 KG (turbines + control box) 2100grams

Temperature (Celsius): 550/750°

Fuels: Kerosene, Diesel, Jet 1A

Materials: Aluminum, steel, stainless steel

RPM Speeds: 33,000/ 124,000 in 3.5sec

Kingtech K-210

$3150

Diameter: 112.6 mm

Length: 280 mm

Weight: 1740g

RPM Range: up to 33,000-120,000RPM

Thrust: 21 kg @ max RPM ( 46.3 lbs at max RPM)

EGT: 650°C max

Fuel consumption: 590 g / min ( 20.8 oz / min ) 615ml/min

Swinwin sw-220

$2950

Thrust

22 kg / 47.5 lb

RPM Range

35,000 r/min ~ 110,000 r/min

Rated Exhaust Temperature

750℃ / 750~1382℉

Fuel Consumption

16 oz/min @ 90% Power 110,000 RPM(473ml/min)

Fuel

Kerosene, Jet A or diesel

Lubrication

5% kerosene, Jet A or 3% diesel

Start

Full auto-start

Restart

Auto-restart

Weight

1700 g / 60 oz / 3.75 lbs

Diameter

116mm / 4.57 in

Length

280mm / 11.02 in

Maintenance Interval

Every 25 hours

ECU Supply

3 cell li-po

Total Weight

2000 g / 70.5 oz / 4.4 lbs

Behotech jb-220

$4150

Diameter

113 mm – 4,45inch

Length

313 mm – 12,32inch

Weight

1640g – 3,62lbs

max. thrust

220N – 49,46lbs @ 123,000 rpm

min. thrust

8,05N – 1,7~1,81lbs @ 35,000 rpm

Fuel consumption @max. thrust

arround 720 ml/min

Exhaust gas temperature@ max. thrust

arround 750°

Fuel

Diesel or Jet A1 (+5% turbine oil)

Acceleration 35.000 – 120.000 rpm

4 seconds aprox.

Acceleration 60.000 – 120.000 rpm

1 second aprox

Jet central rhino 200

$3450

200 Newtons (45 Lbs) @ 121,000 RPM

Idle Thrust

6 Newtons (1.34 Lbs) @ 32,000 RPM

RPM Range

32,000 – 121,000

Weight

1.78 Kg (3.93 Lbs)

Diameter

111.0 mm (4.37”)

Length

302 mm (11.89”)

Exhaust Gas Temperature

500ş C – 700ş C

Fuel Consumption

0.55 Lt/min (19.5 Oz/min) @121 k 576ml/min

Jetcat p-200-Rx

$4600

Thrust: 52 lbs @ 112,000 RPM
Weight: 5.53 lb (2510g)
Diameter: 5.12 inches (130 mm)
RPM Range: 33,000 – 112,000 RPM
Exhaust gas temp.: MAX 750°C
Fuel consumption: 25 oz per/min at full power
Fuel: Jet A1, 1-K kerosene
Lubrication: approximately 5% synthetic Oil in the fuel
Maintenance interval: 25 hours
Old 11-19-2022, 02:56 PM
FenderBean

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Not going to jump in on this too much and I wish you guys luck but how is it competitive, its older tech? Its 180 thrust, weight and size of turbines that produce more thrust? If you run the numbers of fuel consumption at full RPM vs about 60% its going to be thirsty as well.
Im generally curious not being rude and base my comments on whats been shown about this product.
Old 11-19-2022, 03:05 PM
peter 098

Here are the 180 comparisons for some of the most popular that are currently on the market and a lot of people run in the U.S. So again starting with price, very competitive priced at $2850 with most brands being around that price. But again some at almost $4000 which is a bit steep. With diameter it definitely isn’t the smallest, but definitely not the largest, it places third in the line up k-180 being at the smallest at 103mm and largest being in-180 being at 113mm. Length is the largest at 330mm but tied exactly with p-180 at also 330mm. Has the smallest consumption at 370ml/min at 100k rpm by a long shot to the other brands; closest being sw-190 at 380ml/min at 103,5k rpm and p-180 being at 610ml/min. It is the heaviest at 2000g, k-180 being at 1540g but most don’t say what that includes, Alm-meca includes that. Doesn’t have the least idle rpm, x-180 does at 28k but does come in second tied with sw-190, and p-180, but again some brands don’t state idle rpm but Alm-meca does. Doesn’t have the highest max rpm, k-180 does have 130k but does come in second at 126k. Alm meca does 33-126k in 3.5 seconds which from what I can see is second in line behind jb-180 being at 3sec flat but again most don’t include it, p-180 claims 1min which seems the highest but again others don’t specify.

So again all these specs come from the mfrs websites and again the alm meca A-180 is very competitive and proves it’s not a ancient relic like most of you portray it to be, but it could truly hold its own. Again alm meca has many specifics that most don’t even specify. So for all you guys out there talking all this crap this just proves you guys have no idea what you are talking about and shows what this turbine can actually do.

A-180

$2850

Diameter: 109mm

Length: 330mm

Consumption/min: 370 ml/min at 100,000 rpm

Thrust 180 nm = 18KG

Complete weight = 2KG turbines + control box 2000g

Temperature (Celsius): 550/750°

Fuels: Kerosene, Diesel, Jet 1A

Materials: Aluminum, steel, stainless steel

RPM Speeds: 33,000/ 126,000 in 3.5sec

K-180g4+

$2850

Diameter: 103mm

Length: 251 mm

Weight: 1540 g

Maximum RPM: up to 130000

Thrust: 18 KG @ 15°C (40lb @ 59°F )

EGT: 700°C max

Fuel consumption: 560g / min ( 17.28oz / min ) 511ml/min

Sw-190

$2750

19 kg / 41.8 lb

RPM Range

33,000 r/min ~ 115,000 r/min

Rated Exhaust Temperature

700℃ / 1292 ℉

Fuel Consumption

380 ml/min / 12.8 oz/min @ 90% Power 103,500 RPM

Fuel

Kerosene, Jet A or diesel

Lubrication

5% kerosene, Jet A or 3% diesel

Start

Full auto-start

Restart

Auto-restart

Engine Weight

1457 g / 51.4 oz / 3.2 lb

Diameter

110mm / 4.3 in

Length

258mm / 10.2 in

Maintenance Interval

Every 25 hours

ECU Supply

3 cell li-po

Total Weight

1768 g / 62.4 oz / 3.9 lbs

P-180-NX

$3700

Thrust: 175N at 125,000 1 / min
Residual thrust: 5N
Weight:. 1710g incl starter / generator
Diameter: 112mm
Overall length: 330mm
Speed: 33000-125000 1 / min.
Exhaust temperature: max. 730 ° C
Fuel consumption: 610ml / min (full load)

JB-180

$3400
  • Diameter: 113mm - 4.45"
  • Length: 320mm - 12.32"
  • Weight: 1540g - 3.5 lbs
  • Max Thrust: 180N - 40.5 lbs @ 120,000 rpm
  • Min Thrust: 8.0N @ 35,000 rpm
  • Consumption at Max Thrust: 550ml/ min
  • Exhaust Temperature: 660°
  • Fuel: Diesel or Jet A1 (+5% Turbine Oil)
  • Acceleration from 35,000-120,000 rpm: 3.0 s
  • Acceleration from 60,000-120,000 rpm: 1.0 s
Xicoy X-180

Thrust:

Maximum thrust adjustable from 100 to 180N (40,4 Lbf, 18,3Kg )

Size:

106mm diameter, 247mm long

Weight:

1400g (3,1lb) engine, 1.600g (3,5lb) total installed weight except battery

Rpm Range:

28,000 ... 122.000 RPM

Idle Thrust:

4,8N (1,2Lbf) @28.000RPM

Fuel:

Kerosene + 4% oil. Diesel allowed but not reccomended. Fuels containing Biodiesel not allowed.

Fuel consumption:

470g/minute at 180N. (590ml/min
Old 11-19-2022, 03:16 PM
peter 098

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Not going to jump in on this too much and I wish you guys luck but how is it competitive, its older tech? Its 180 thrust, weight and size of turbines that produce more thrust? If you run the numbers of fuel consumption at full RPM vs about 60% its going to be thirsty as well.
Im generally curious not being rude and base my comments on whats been shown about this product.

Im sorry but I don’t understand your comment, the 210 has the same thrust as all the others out there with the least fuel consumption at around the same rpm with some brands not even specifying what they consume! This is the case with both the A-210 size and also A-180. Both consume the smallest amount at the rpm’s specified by other brands but again other brands don’t even specify.
Old 11-19-2022, 03:19 PM
peter 098

And I’m not sure what you mean by older tech? Seems like the Alm-meca run at or even better specifics then most of the “New generation” turbines out there. This includes the xicoy x-180 from what I could tell you are the dealer of?
Old 11-19-2022, 03:23 PM
peter 098

And not to be rude or anything these are just the specs I’m getting from the specific manufacturers websites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.