Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anybody else NOT have a local track?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 06:32 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody else NOT have a local track?

Tigger N. Bennie
I have the Ofna Colt. Not a very good car but I do not have a lot in it. I have only run it once to make sure all works. Boy the F1 Kyosho Mini-Z parts are sure getting hard to get. Is Kyosho discontinuing the F1 Mini-Z? I have from time to time check on Minizracer.com but have not heard anything concert. I have even emailed the new USA Kyosho twice and they have never emailed me back. The F1 is my favorite Mini-Z and right now I have 5 and 4 extra bodies. If they quite making them and I cannot get parts I will probably sell my 2 RCP tracks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60814.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	279267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80175.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	279268   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27941.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	279269   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80373.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	279270  
Old 06-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Cummins

ORIGINAL: Inverticle

I have always been into some kind of RC hobby, between planes and cars/trucks. But I usually end up enjoying my planes more than the cars because I have a local flying field/club and so I get to enjoy hanging out at the field as well as just flying. Where as there is no local track or RC car club so I usually end up driving around my yard or at a park BY MYSELF. And that gets old, fast! And I am maried and own my own business so I don't have a street full of kid friends that I can 'go race with'. But I really love wrenching on a good nitro monster truck and bashing it around different places. But I don't get the same feeling like I do when I am at the field with OTHER people. So I was just wondering if anybody else here has a similar situation and maybe even feels the same way? And any suggestions of ways YOU enjoy this end of RC without others being involved? To some this might sound like an odd question but I have a feeling that I am not the only one who is trying to find ways of enjoying my RC cars more without the ability to ride with others. I mean, that is what usually makes a hobby great; being able to share it with others. But I know not everyone can do that so how do you still truely enjoy the different aspecst of RC cars? Thanks for any comments, Eric.
I read your post and that struck a chord with me. I too am alone in this hobby (except for the 1000's of people on this forum! ). I could not be bothered to read the other posts so I apologise if this has already been said. This is my view on any hobby: If you can't enjoy it on your own, your in the wrong hobby. I am not a competetive person but If you just want people to talk to, then go on MSN more often, it's cheaper! I like bashing my RC around the car-park and occasionally someone will walk past and comment/ask about it. I don't have a problem with being on my own, the only problem is with getting parts (it is so annoying having to wait for mail order!)! This forum is my only contact with members of this hobby, which is why I'm such an active member. I go on whenever I want a chat or to talk about something or if I want feedback etc. We'r lucky by having this forum.

Chris
Old 06-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

46u,
Although it's my understanding that Kyosho only released two new Mini-Z-F1s, I doubt if they are discontinuing the line very soon or they probably wouldn't have released the two new F1s and starting shipping the wings separately for purchase as replacement parts. At RCX, I didn't even think to ask about it since I was busy checking out the new Ferrari-Zs (and a few others) as well as trying to get my brushless Mini-Inferno running with a new Nomadio Sensor radio set up. I was also sort of surprised that one of the design engineers for Kyosho remembered me from one of the shows or so he told me. I guess I must sort of stand out at times, good or bad. Anyway, it's probably more of a transition problem since Kyosho American probably hasn't gotten fully settled in with a new staff and office. The new website does show the F1 though it is listed under "racer".
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com
http://commerce2.i2net.com/able55sto...-P732C195.aspx

Check out this Red Bull F1. It looks like a Kyosho Mini-Z with the older model transmitter. Release date is October.
http://www.redbullracingstore.com/rb...oductId=RB0203

By the way, those tires on your nitro F1 remind me of rally tires. Also if I had a nitro F1, I probably wouldn't run it either since it is probably more of a collector's item or difficult to get replacement parts.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Inverticle

Hey Cummins, I appreciate you taking the time to reply with your input. I do agree that this hobby, like many others can and many time has to be enjoyed alone. And you are right that with the internet we can now bash around our yard or parking lot etc... and then come home and talk to others around the world about the experience and the things you did and learned. And like you I am not quite as competitive as some, though I can enjoy a good race. I think it also depends on what you are doing the rest of the time. If you are around people all day at your job then you would probobly prefer bashing alone. But for others, you might be somewhat secluded during the day and long to have some human interaction as you enjoy your hobby. I have an on site computer service business that keeps me in front of a computer screen most of the time and though I interact with people, I don't seem to get enough contact to satisfy. Especially durring slow weeks.[] So I can definitely enjoy my RC hobby alone, as I have for many years, but it would be nice to be able to hang out with others who have the same interest just to get some of that human interaction. Maybe I need to quit my day job.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:23 PM
46u

Tigger N. Bennie
Those are not the tires or wheels that came on my Ofna Colt F1, as the ones that came on it are REAL soft slicks with out any inserts. These are the tiers they recommend to run for better handling. I do have the original tires and wheels.

I sure do like that Red Bull car. Wonder if it is any good? Sure am glade Red Bull picked up Jaguar! They are sure doing better then Jaguar was Especially to be there first year!!! I am a Ferrari man but I sure am glade to see others doing so well this year.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:37 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

I only have a carpet track (indoor, no nitros) and a "track day" (outside) every sunday at my LHS. Its a portable track barrier set they set up in the back of the parking lot. And PPCs arent allowed unless I put a cage around the prop. [:'(] So ya, I'm basically tinkering and drivin' by m' self.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:57 AM
Cummins

I see your point Inverticle, I had never thought of it like that. Me being 14, I am stuck in a classroom of 25 loud annoying boys most of the day so I quite like the quiet (except for the noise of the nitro!).

Also, is it just me or have 46u and Tiger N.Bennie started their own little conversation?

Chris
Old 06-02-2005, 08:25 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: Cummins

Also, is it just me or have 46u and Tiger N.Bennie started their own little conversation?

Chris
Sorry did not mean to hurt your feelings!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:43 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usually i just drive on my own, where ever there is suitable space. Sometimes i go to the "Reebok stadium" carpark, where there are loads of people on minibikes and usually a few others with rc's. I have been intending to get into racing for ages, but havent had the time with exams/work/college. I've also just got into offroad, so i'm hoping to find an offroad track in the local area so i can thrash my MGT.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:47 AM
ho0joker

in my country we have only one dumbed off-road track and one good on road track... we are lucky (rc guyz) if one race is organized per YEAR!!! I really wish people turn more attention the hobby... I know there are scattered RC guyz here and their but no organization.. I wish u can give me advice on how to start tracks or u know waken the hobby up
Old 06-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Cummins

ORIGINAL: 46u
Sorry did not mean to hurt your feelings!
*sob* I'll get over it... just give me time *sob*
Old 06-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

If we did, it looks like you joined in anyway. It's ok though it would help if you had an F1.
*sob* I'll get over it... just give me time *sob*
Old 06-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: ho0joker
in my country we have only one dumbed off-road track and one good on road track... we are lucky (rc guyz) if one race is organized per YEAR!!! I really wish people turn more attention the hobby... I know there are scattered RC guyz here and their but no organization.. I wish u can give me advice on how to start tracks or u know waken the hobby up
It seems to me that if you really want to race, you need to help organize one and get the word out. Sometimes you cannot rely on others to do something or it will never get done. It may also take several races to get any type of participation even if a club is formed.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: bB626

Tigger N. Bennie,
i'm 21 and i have my own automobile. those 2 places that you gave me are both at least 25 miles away from my house. there are 2 Hobby People stores in my area and i dont really know if they have their own races since both of the stores' parking lot are small. i must have to ask them. thanks anyway.
If you want to try Kyosho Mini-Zs...

Kenon Hobby
135 Santa Clara St, Suite D
Arcadia, CA 91006
Telephone : 626-574-9090

Opening Mini-Z practice day
Friday, 6/10
3:00pm to 7:00pm practice
7:00pm to 11:00pm race
Old 06-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Cummins

*cough* THREAD HIJACK *cough"

Old 06-04-2005, 01:59 PM
bB626

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

Tigger N. Bennie,
i'm 21 and i have my own automobile. those 2 places that you gave me are both at least 25 miles away from my house. there are 2 Hobby People stores in my area and i dont really know if they have their own races since both of the stores' parking lot are small. i must have to ask them. thanks anyway.
If you want to try Kyosho Mini-Zs...

Kenon Hobby
135 Santa Clara St, Suite D
Arcadia, CA 91006
Telephone : 626-574-9090

Opening Mini-Z practice day
Friday, 6/10
3:00pm to 7:00pm practice
7:00pm to 11:00pm race
WOW!!! thanks! i own a Mini-Z too. i must check it out. thanks again!
Old 06-04-2005, 02:57 PM
teamrayman

I have always been into some kind of RC hobby, between planes and cars/trucks. But I usually end up enjoying my planes more than the cars because I have a local flying field/club and so I get to enjoy hanging out at the field as well as just flying. Where as there is no local track or RC car club so I usually end up driving around my yard or at a park BY MYSELF. And that gets old, fast! And I am maried and own my own business so I don't have a street full of kid friends that I can 'go race with'. But I really love wrenching on a good nitro monster truck and bashing it around different places. But I don't get the same feeling like I do when I am at the field with OTHER people. So I was just wondering if anybody else here has a similar situation and maybe even feels the same way? And any suggestions of ways YOU enjoy this end of RC without others being involved? To some this might sound like an odd question but I have a feeling that I am not the only one who is trying to find ways of enjoying my RC cars more without the ability to ride with others. I mean, that is what usually makes a hobby great; being able to share it with others. But I know not everyone can do that so how do you still truely enjoy the different aspecst of RC cars? Thanks for any comments, Eric.
I hear ya man!! my nearest track is 2 hours away. as i dont have a car im finden it realy hard to get there but nobody will bring me. im tryen to get some sort of money together to build a track (on-road), through grant and whatever. don realy have many freind who are into the sport so iv nobody to bash around with in a parking lot. iv been in the hobby a year and a half now and iv never even seen a track. only two tracks in the country. i have a back yard that is big enough but iv spent a fortune on parts cause it is realy rough for the cars i have.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:08 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

WOW!!! thanks! i own a Mini-Z too. i must check it out. thanks again!
No problem. There is a photo of the current RCP Track layout in Gallery TNB at MZR.
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album179?page=4

Old 06-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Widdy

You guys that don't have a local track, you need to do what i did. I built one in my backyard. If the pic doesn't show, its also in my gallery pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75563.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	280580  
Old 06-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Michaelthefirst

i also have no local track or RC friends about, i bash in my local forest every week and sometimes give my friends ago of buggy( if they break it they pay for it) my only RC contact is the forums and my lhs other than that no RC people anywhere round me. it does get lonely but then you make yourself a ramp and its all fun again.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: Widdy
You guys that don't have a local track, you need to do what i did. I built one in my backyard. If the pic doesn't show, its also in my gallery pics
Are you going to purchase the real estate for those who don't own the property and live in the city or for those who live in areas governed by home owner's associations which don't allow someone to rip up the back yards and install some dirt track. Myself, I get bored with a dirt oval.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:41 PM
teamrayman

You guys that don't have a local track, you need to do what i did. I built one in my backyard
its not that easy to make an on-road one!!
Old 06-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Inverticle

At least with a monster truck you don't have to make an actual track. You can just mark off areas to represent the track and since a monster truck goes over practically everything you don't have to tear up your yard. Actually, having obstacles is half the fun. So be sure to include a few large rocks and maybe a few downed trees.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:43 PM
helidreamer-RCU

Hey, I live in NYC, you can only imagine how hard it is for me to find a decent spot to drive. Cars everywhere, people everywhere, asking me, did you build it yourself? How fast does it go? Where can we buy it? This reminds me of my NIKO cars or New Bright Cars that I used to drive.......it goes on AND ON!!!. I'm a rc helicopter guy too and the ONLY time i can fly them is at dawn in local parks or at a club that's in Brooklyn which is 50 miles or so from where I live and I DON"T DRIVE SINCE IM ONLY 15. Yes, it does get very boring driving my T-maxx slowly in order to not alarm the dogs and people that are out on the street or in their apartments or whatever. I definatelly know what you're going through
Old 06-11-2005, 10:03 PM
2000XLT

no i don't have a track, and i wish there was

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.