Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

3W engine customer service

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 04:43 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3W engine customer service

They all have 100 stickers on them, but on top of the case in the rear inbetween the mounting lugs, there will be a 106 stamped into the case.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:14 AM
mga

two of us are looking to buyiing the new 3w 80xi. we are not sure which way to go. Cactus or Aircraft International. Any comments from any of you would be helpful. Also since the engine is a new one, any of you had a chance to try the new 80xi.
thanks
Old 10-19-2005, 07:53 AM
Flip and Fly

I purchased my 3W 60 from Cactus 5 years ago, all went well, nice people.

My new 3W 80Xi I purchased from A.I. again all fine. Shipping for me living in East Canada went better from A.I. because they are closer, 5 days only! I am impressed.

Never had any problems with my 3Ws
Old 10-19-2005, 07:57 AM
Carroll-RCU
My Feedback: (43)

I would buy from Aircraft International. IMO, they have a much better reputation for customer service and availability than Cactus.
Carroll
Old 10-19-2005, 08:00 AM
mga

I am looking to putting it in the New Edge 540 by Lanier 87". I now fly the Edge 540T by Wild Hare, but I was to move up in power and a plane that will fit in my truck.
the Lanier is supposed to weigh between 17 and 18 lbs.
I am with the Ille Perot Club here in Montreal, which club do you fly out of in Gatineau.
Did you have the engine ship directly to your home, or did you pick it up in the US. if shipped at your home what was the cost of shipping, duty and taxes. I was also told that the weight of the engine posted has the electronic ignition included, is that so.
Thanks
Old 10-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Flip and Fly

Well it would work in the Lanier just fine, the weight posted is bare weight. I did a small report here on my motor, go look!

I fly with the Stetsons club out of Orleans on the Ontario side, nice place to fly, good people!

http://www.stetsonflyers.com/

I had the motor shipped direct to my home. 5 days I had it in hand Cost of shipping was $60.00 that includes tax, and Canada post fees. No duty on it My bill for shipping from the US was $30.00 US.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:39 PM
mga

Well I am sure we met, as I went to the Fun Fly at the Stetson club, I flew the EDGE 540 T by Wild Harewith the Firt Place Engine 52cccc gas. Did about 7 flights that day.
I guess there is no duty, just taxes, and your are saying 30 us withing the US and plus the 60 from the US to Canada.
Do you fly IMAC or IMAA, I do both. Last year I flew my Super Stearman with the FPE 40cc. FPE does not make a 80 cc engine, that is why I am looking. Otherwise if FPE had one, that would be the way I would go.
These forums will drive you nuts re trying to choose one engine over the other. This 3w 80xi sounds like a great engine for the price.
Thanks
Old 10-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Flip and Fly

Yes, I talked with you a bit! I was flying my modified Midwest Extra 260 It has a Brison 2.4.

The 3W I like so far, going to put it in my Extra 260, 35%, my own design.

I plan on flying IMAC this summer, maybe see you then!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97592.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	341246  
Old 10-21-2005, 02:55 PM
rickstick

When you are a company are E mails not part of doing business??? If I Email a company and they dont take the time to answer me that leaves a bad feeling with me even if they are a reputable company.I wonder why they list an Email address under contact us...For us guys in Canada phone calls can be expensive .......Rick
Old 10-21-2005, 03:28 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Badge - they are labeled 106.. at least mine are... I have one TOC 106 and one QQ 106. It does not look like the labels were 3W labels though.. maybe something Cactus or AI puts on ???

Bobby has been great to me for everything.. I call .. a day later I get my stuff! Can't beat that!

Gerhard - called him for a Powerbox ... two days later its in my mailbox...

I have made calls to both for one thing or another... never had any issues reaching either.
Now give either one some attitude or give 'em the "I'm the most important customer in the world" BS and you might just get bad service!

DP