Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Wheel and tire questions...and handling?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheel and tire questions...and handling?

The Proline tires in general have much better (More firm) foams than the stock Savage tires. The 40 series will not balloon anything like the stockers. The Big joes are big: 6.4"OD x 3.7"ID x 4.2"W, but they perform well in most conditions...I have driven them on Grass, Sand, Crushed rock, and pavement...Mostly pavement. They are wearing very well as I have 3.5 Gallons (or so) on them and they have tons of tread left.

If I had the choice all over again, I would buy them again...how many people can say that about their tires?

The rims on the other hand I would change. The Mambos are fairly easy to warp. They have not broken or cracked or anything like that, but they get oblong from time to time and I have to squeeze them back into shape.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:23 AM
geo8498

I just picked up this setup at my LHS last night.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBLM7&P=7
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXABV5&P=ML

RPM Titan Stablemaxx rims and Maxx Bow Tie tires. The Titans are supposed to be very tough and have good offset. If you don't want the Bowties, try a Moab. They are all-terrain, higher sidewall. I have a set of Moabs on my buggy and love them.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJGS0&P=M
Old 11-11-2005, 11:29 AM
geo8498

My mistake, those Moabs are 40s. I don't think they are available in standard size. Maybe go with a Maxx Masher or similar.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:00 PM
azzman

I just picked up this setup at my LHS last night.
Nice setup, I have similar RPM rims, same offset as those, luv em. Would those tyres be similar to the Dirt Bonz?