Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Which is the best BAe Hawk? Airworld? Skymaster? Skygate? Too many!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Which is the best BAe Hawk? Airworld? Skymaster? Skygate? Too many!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Which is the best BAe Hawk? Airworld? Skymaster? Skygate? Too many!

I was never really a big Hawk fan until I flew my first one ( About 2 years ago) Since then I have had a fair bit of flying time with the Sky master Hawk, and a little with the Airworld Hawk, and am just waiting delivery of my Sky gate Hawk ( Should be in the next few weeks ready to fly )
To me the Sky master one is a great fun semi scale plane that flies well and looks reasonably scale in the air. Yes it had some inaccuracies with scale out line ( But it was never meant to be an out and out scale machine) It also had an issue with pitching down with flap, but as long as the instructions were followed all was well
The Airworld Hawk is obviously a lot more scale in outline and detail. It also flies in a more solid fashion than the Sky master and the sky gate one. For me it is just the right size and weight. For some reason my airowld hawk had no pitch down tendencies with flap and was an true to fly as many F-3A aircraft I have flown.
The Skygate Hawk for me is the ultimate demo model. I agree with most that at the jet master in Hungary it was far out shined by the Airworld hawk in flight, but I think a lot of this was due the fact that at the time the model was still very new and going through its setting up process. Having seen the model fly again in Majorca I am sure it is every bit, and in some ways better than the Airworld Hawk (Certainly the speed at which it presents in the air is in my opinion more accurate to the full size) It also has that bigger is better thing going on. But, and it's a big but ! It is is one hell of a big plane and in my opinion too big for most modelers.
Basically. There is a hawk for everyone. If you want the ultimate hawk and space, transport and of course money is not the issue, then go with the Skygate one.
If you want a model to use day to day and do not want to do anywhere near as much building, or are working to a budget then wait for either of the two new Skymaster hawks.
If you want a model that is just big enough, flys really well, competition proven and extremely well engineered then the Airwolrd hawk is the right one for you.
Hope this is of help.
Regards Al
P.S My company imports and sells all three of these Hawks so I have absolutely no commercial preference to any of the above Hawks.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:59 AM
alexs0802

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THanks Ali that was very helpful and hearing this from you. After all you fly those hawks like they are supposed to be flown
Does anybody know when we can expect the new skymaster hawk to be shipping their new arf out? Has anybody actually seen a jetlegend hawk fly?

Al
Old 06-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: alexs0802

Has anybody actually seen a jetlegend hawk fly?

Al
I have flown the Jetlegend hawk, I would reccomend it to anyone as a very nice everyday sport ARF.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: strawboss

ORIGINAL: alexs0802

Has anybody actually seen a jetlegend hawk fly?

Al
I have flown the Jetlegend hawk, I would reccomend it to anyone as a very nice everyday sport ARF.

Dave's recommendation is good enough for me. If we don't run out of models first!!!

Regards

Jim