Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

modelers table saw

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

modelers table saw

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 08:59 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: modelers table saw

I agree, I have same saw and ir is worth every penny.
ORIGINAL: CCRC1

I have the one shown below from Micro Mark tools. Its a bit pricey but it works outstanding. It will cut accurate 1/8th" triangle stock for me all day long. I have not purchased balsa sticks since this tool came into my shop. I just buy sheets and rip the sticks as I need them. I have made a bunch of different hold downs and jigs to help with different cuts. It is set up for blades that are available from Micro Mark, but I had a local machinist friend make me an adapter so I can use blades of the same diameter, but with a different arbor size that I can get locally (made for trim/cut off saws). If you like to build from plans or scratch build, this is an excellent tool to have in you shop.
I have a full size table saw also, but I cannot get the precision that this saw produces. The full size saw is running at to high an RPM, has to much kerf and is difficult to feed the smaller or thinner balsa stock.
I looked at the one available from Harbor Freight the last time I was in one of their stores. The next time I go back I will probably pick one up to try to play with. For $40 bucks you can't go wrong. Mine has a larger motor and is easier to work with, but costs a lot more. I got mine as a Christmas gift