Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetcat Titan SE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetcat Titan SE

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jetcat Titan SE

Hasan,
I took out my standard Titan and replaced it with a Titan SE at a jet show in Phoenix, and proceeded to put 20 flights on the engine in two days of flying. I was having so much fun with the instant throttle response that I never really thought about checking the fuel consumption. However, my timer on my plane remained the same and I flew the new engine very hard without ever noticing any additional fuel consumption. This is just an "end user" report with no actual data for fuel consumption, but what I gather from flying the engine is that no more fuel is needed onboard to get the same flight time. Sorry, hope this helps just a little.

Well that being said, this engine rocks the house! Now lifetime reliability comes standard with instant throttle response with the SE models. I have close to 40 flights now on this engine in a very short period of time, performing flawlessly as expected, and I will have 100 flights on it by the end of April. I will give a full report then, along with the Bob Wilcox report of how this engine looks inside after this many runs.

Take Care,
Dave
Old 03-16-2007, 12:59 AM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,
Well, you have to buy fuel for the next 60 flights. Daddy need to save some money and sell demo plane to buy new ride....[sm=lol.gif]

Well that being said, this engine rocks the house! Now lifetime reliability comes standard with instant throttle response with the SE models. I have close to 40 flights now on this engine in a very short period of time, performing flawlessly as expected, and I will have 100 flights on it by the end of April. I will give a full report then, along with the Bob Wilcox report of how this engine looks inside after this many runs.

Take Care,
Dave
[/quote]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69853.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	643094  
Old 03-16-2007, 01:03 AM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Joe,
I know you go to do another photo shop Tam new ride.
This is even better than hmm tree.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54474.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	643100  
Old 03-16-2007, 08:15 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 86 Likes on 75 Posts

Is the new SE feature limited to the 120 and bigger motors?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Q8_HAWK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dave ,
I Think It Would Be Nicer If The Fuel Consumption On The Titan SE Is Less .
However If It Remains The Same with This Response Thats Good Enough.
I Spoke With Bob Wilcox Last Week And He Told It's Amazing And Nothing You Have Experienced Before.
And I Only Need To Send The Turbine With The ECU . No Need For Fuel Pumb To Be Send.
That's What I Was Told.

Regard's

ORIGINAL: strawboss

Hasan,
I took out my standard Titan and replaced it with a Titan SE at a jet show in Phoenix, and proceeded to put 20 flights on the engine in two days of flying. I was having so much fun with the instant throttle response that I never really thought about checking the fuel consumption. However, my timer on my plane remained the same and I flew the new engine very hard without ever noticing any additional fuel consumption. This is just an "end user" report with no actual data for fuel consumption, but what I gather from flying the engine is that no more fuel is needed onboard to get the same flight time. Sorry, hope this helps just a little.

Take Care,
Dave
Old 03-16-2007, 10:34 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

OK here is the latest.

The SE turbines are limited now to the P-120 SE and the Titan SE. The P-160 SE is available in Europe.

The fuel consumption is unchanged.

The first turbines should be shipping from JetCat USA the third week of April. But I cannot stress enough that, if you want one you will need to order it SOON. These turbines have proven very, very popular in Europe, and the supply is tight. By the time JetCat USA receives the next consignment I would bet that all will be pre sold.

Hope that helps,

Old 03-16-2007, 11:39 AM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

OK here is the latest.

The SE turbines are limited now to the P-120 SE and the Titan SE. The P-160 SE is available in Europe.

The first turbines should be shipping from JetCat USA the third week of April. But I cannot stress enough that, if you want one you will need to order it SOON. These turbines have proven very, very popular in Europe, and the supply is tight. By the time JetCat USA receives the next consignment I would bet that all will be pre sold.

Hope that helps,

Would there be a P-80SE in the works?

Dave
Old 03-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 86 Likes on 75 Posts

Dave,

Inquiring minds need to know.....what you are flying this year.

Bob
Old 03-16-2007, 11:59 AM
rcguy!

ORIGINAL: R_Belluomini

Dave,

Inquiring minds need to know.....what you are flying this year.

Bob
PM sent my friend!

Dave
Old 05-20-2007, 06:36 AM
rcguy!

OK here is the latest.

Hope that helps,

Is the TitanSE shipping yet? If not, any update on when?
Dave
Old 05-20-2007, 11:22 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Dave,

Just got your PM last night, I will answer here.

The first shipment of Titan SEs has already shipped and sold out, the next group will be in the shop within 2-3 weeks. They are selling very fast BTW, keep that in mind.

Regards,

Old 05-20-2007, 12:35 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

How about the 120 SE?

Hi Dave,

The first shipment of Titan SEs has already shipped and sold out, the next group will be in the shop within 2-3 weeks. They are selling very fast BTW, keep that in mind.

Regards,

Old 05-20-2007, 01:04 PM
rcguy!

Hi Dave,

Regards,

Thank You Matt. Just trying to plan ahead!

Dave