Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Obsessed with giant planes???

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Obsessed with giant planes???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 06:06 AM
Flyjets
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Obsessed with giant planes???

Don't U Guy's get it?

They just don't like the fact that ur passionate about something else.

Even if she has everything they still complain it's just the way it is.

Once I even went as far as taking Ballroom dancing with the wife outfits and all "Just like on Dancing with the Stars they all watch". But she in return had to Fly RC.
That lasted about 6 months to a year.

The only solution to your dilemma is to pick a hobby that both of you participate in otherwise your going to be told u spend to much time working on your Toys.

Advice from a Guy married 20 + Years

Ian
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44868.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	875736  
Old 02-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Rush7
My Feedback: (74)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ian does XXX count as a hobby that you both participate in?[sm=bananahead.gif]

I love this thread..........It is good stuff.[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 02-11-2008, 07:12 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My addiction to this hobby has lasted for 22 years. I tried to quit (cold turkey) in 1997, but a local flying buddy got me hocked on turbines, not phonics. Like many of you, my case is hopeless without intervention from MAA (Model Aircraft Anonymous). Luckily my wife is a mall addict, so we support each others addiction.

By the way, I have a 40% Yak (129" wingspan), 37% Ultimate BiPlane (80" wingspan), 25% Bud Nosen Mustang (102 wingspan), 1/5 scale 182 (95" wingspan), Ziroli's B 25(122" wingspan), 1/5 scale MB 339 (102 wingspan), 1/6 scale F 16, 1/6 scale F 18, Boomerang XL (95" wingspan), building a 1/4 scale F4U Corsair (120" wingspan), etc.

"Just keeping it light" [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 02-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the late 50s I was "obsessed" with the Cox and Wen Mac plastic control line planes and the allure of the shiny colorfull boxes with their cellophane see through windows they were sold in. In the early and mid 60s I became "obsessed" with the larger kit built control line planes and the big .29 and .35 engines. In the early seventies I became " obsessed" with building 40/60 size RC airplanes and flying full scale airplanes. Then after a long period of jobitis I discovered in 2000 I was becoming "obsessed" all over again.. only this time with giant RC airplanes. The girlfriend at the time was not so "obsessed' with my new found love. It seemed everytime we had a disagreement we would "split up" for awhile and I would have to purchase a new big airplane project just to get me through the grieving period This routine went on for about 5 years and although the girlfriend is not in the picture anymore, all those (grief aquired) planes are still in pristine flight ready condition! Yes I too am "obsessed"