Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Non Return Air Fill Valves - £1.00

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Non Return Air Fill Valves - £1.00

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 12:14 PM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Non Return Air Fill Valves - £1.00

Gordon: I tried to find the valves you are using, But, there's a
bunch of them. Which is the one you refer to??

Hector
Old 02-16-2009, 12:26 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say we all must be a sad lot who need to get a life !...... Look how much we can discuss somthing as simple as an air valve.......... Who started this off anyway !

Still on we go

Dennis
Old 02-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: hmarmaizmd

Gordon: I tried to find the valves you are using, But, there's a
bunch of them. Which is the one you refer to??

Hector
If the URL in my post isn't working for you, then (a) you may need to set your country of residence first in the main Clippard page, and/or (b) you can just extract the sku from the URL and search the clippard site for that part - e.g

valve body only : MQC-V3
valve + chuck : MQC-3
etc
Old 02-16-2009, 12:46 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Ali

Hi Dennis,
Feel free any time you like to pop in, and I will happily run you through our buying price, and selling price of items such as this valve. I would be happy to spend as long as it takes to work through with you how much is made now on each valve and how much was made 6 months ago one. No smoke, no mirrors. Just simple business.
Oh I am very very aware where my income stems from, and I am very grateful that quite a substantial amount of my customers like to own, and enjoy to buy products such as the BVM valve. Remember the choice is theirs! The fact that I have just placed yet another order for 50 of them shows to me that some people ( like myself ) are happy to buy a simple reliable, ready made valve.
The thought of having to make a valve up out of car parts, and solder items together may seem like madness to some. Just as it seems like madness to you to spend £19.99 on a valve. Me??? I can see the attraction in either way, but wont be fitting anything other than BVM valves to my models.
Regards Al
A few points raised I surpose:

1) I have in effect visited you many times on the web in fact and have bought many items from your shops. That probably makes me a customer

2) I thought we were modelers and therefore making bits and things is interesting to us rather than just buying what you need(Obviously not all)

2) To help reduce cost for us poor modelers I thought we should share our simple ideas to the advantage of all. If we can find a high quality mass produced item that we can use this is excellent. We don't then have to pay inflated prices for bespoke modeling parts that have a limited market which of course makes them expensive.

3) I thought these forums were more about modelers sharing ideas etc rather than protecting the commercial side of our hobby. I actually thought there were some rules about this............. Still never mind.

4) I agree BVM and Robart etc do indeed sell some quality products and others sell valves that leak like nothing on earth. One new company certainly include valves that leak in their kits...... Can't think of their name of hand (JEF or somthing like this) but one retailer in the UK recently became a main outlet for them............ I wonder if they will be replacing all the dud valves when they leak................. If not car valves will do the trick trouble is you have to actually do some modeling to make them...... Takes about 5 - 10 minutes.

Onwards and upwards................ Like our planes I hope

Regards

Dennis
Old 02-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

1) Thankyou for your custom. It is much appreciated!
2) This hobby fascinates many people, in many different ways. I think its called diversity, and I mentioned it in one of my early posts. Where some people are happy to build, others want to fly. Just as some people are happy to make a valve, others want to just buy one, fit it and forget about it and move onto something else which interests them more.
3) or should I say 2.2? I appreciate and admire your cost saving exercise. At no point did I criticize it, or you. It was you calling those of us that choose to buy a valve that costs £19.99 Mad!
3) or is that 4?? As above. I am totally happy with forum users sharing ideas such as this. makes no odds to me. I only got involved in this thread because my company was bought into it, and the way we make our living was bought into question.
4 5 or whatever it is) I guess you are trying it make a subtle dig at us selling FEJ products, and their leaky valves. How about this then? For every fly eagle jet that my company has sold which has a leaking valve I will offer a BVM valve in replacement and another just to have as a spare free of charge. So thats two BVM Valves at a retail cost of £39.98 in exchange for their leaky valve. I have no idea why I have got to this point in a thread about a DIY fill valve, but so be it!
Enjoy your hobby. I know I am enjoying mine.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:59 PM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Gordon , got it.

Hector
Old 02-16-2009, 03:03 PM
SinCityJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ali,

Does that extend to U.S. customers that didn't buy from you?

No need to answer that question....just lightening the mood...

Chad
Old 02-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Chad.
In a word.............. Funny!
mood lightened. But I wont be surprised if I get a genuine request along those lines!
Regards Al