Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 12:38 AM
Dirby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

any of you people in Connetcicut have any flood dammage?
i see a lot about flooding in conn,.
Dirby.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Raketemensch

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

None here so far, but we're supposed to get 4 inches of rain over the next 3 days.

Of course, while my pregnant wife goes to Jersey to visit a friend and leave me for what will probably be the last weekend home alone for the next 20 years, it pours and pours and I can't get to the track.
-- Raketemensch
Old 06-24-2006, 11:44 AM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Raketemensch

None here so far, but we're supposed to get 4 inches of rain over the next 3 days.

Of course, while my pregnant wife goes to Jersey to visit a friend and leave me for what will probably be the last weekend home alone for the next 20 years, it pours and pours and I can't get to the track.
-- Raketemensch
Funny coincedence, my woman is going to jersey tonight also, LOL. I was getting all ready last night at like 1AM and after a while I hear the unmistaken sound of rain, ***. So I went and checked out weather.com and nothing but rain all f-ing, damn, day. All my stuff is still piled up in the living room like I am going somewhere with it, hopeing the sun will magically pop out of somewhere.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Raketemensch

Yeah, my charger is peaking my receiver battery as we speak, and it's pooling up on the street outside. It's supposed to rain for the foreseeable future too, right through tomorrow.

<sigh>
Old 06-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Dirby

weard.
you guys are getting flooded out and we havn't had any real good rain in 10 weeks.
go figure.
parched Dirby.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:00 PM
claudacio

ORIGINAL: Dirby

weard.
you guys are getting flooded out and we havn't had any real good rain in 10 weeks.
go figure.
parched Dirby.
Why ya' gots ta rub it in, LOL.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:58 AM
WPGguy

back to posting CRT relatated...

Just got an XS400 ( http://www.lcollari-innotech.com/XS400.en.htm )
and
A JP-2 Polished Pipe

I know they are an older engine, but man does this thing scream!! I can't wait to hit the track after finishing breaking it in.
I'm running full carbon fiber this thing is going to be a rocket. I'll post movies tommorow evening after my day at the track.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:40 AM
lextek
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Dirby

any of you people in Connetcicut have any flood dammage?
i see a lot about flooding in conn,.
Dirby.
No damage. Just can't race my new CRT!
Old 06-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Raketemensch

Well, last night I boiled the rims and tires for about half an hour, and got the tires off the rims without damaging them. It was't too trough, but when you go to pull the tire away from the rim, the boiling water that's soaked into the foam squirts everyone, so you can burn yourself really easily. Eventually I had a bunch of towels that I was rotating through, so they're have time to cool off.

I got the tires all off almost perfectly, and the foams are now dry and intact as well. While I had the rims off, I also dyed the rims and the wing with RIT Crimson, they look pretty cool.

So today I'll pick up some CA, and I should have everything ready to roll (literally) by Tuesday's practice session.

Lessons learned:

1) Don't soak tires with foams in them
2) Boiling tires for half an hour will eat through the tire glue
3) Have lots of towels around when you need to rip the tires off
4) Dying parts is wicked easy.

- Raketemensch
Old 06-25-2006, 12:31 PM
claudacio

Damn, were gonna have to start a CT CRT thread with all these CT people around.

I have never tried the boiling method, it sounds easier and not as nasty as acetone which I have done and really sucked, and ended up softening the rubber compound on my LST's moabs. You have to kinda wipe all the softened brownish stank glue off the wheels and tire. It sucks.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Raketemensch

Well, the boiling definitely softened the tires too, and they seem like they'll stay really soft, they're not hardening as time goes by.

Of course, on the hard clay tracks we've got around here, a softer compound is probably better, so if it works out I may start boiling all my tires...

- Raketemensch
Old 06-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Raketemensch

ORIGINAL: WPGguy

and
A JP-2 Polished Pipe

I know they are an older engine, but man does this thing scream!! I can't wait to hit the track after finishing breaking it in.
I'm running full carbon fiber this thing is going to be a rocket. I'll post movies tommorow evening after my day at the track.
Damn, a 3.5? That thing should fly. We're holding you to the promise for the videos, I wanna see that thing go....

- Raketemensch
Old 06-25-2006, 06:50 PM
claudacio

ORIGINAL: Raketemensch

ORIGINAL: WPGguy

and
A JP-2 Polished Pipe

Damn, a 3.5? That thing should fly. We're holding you to the promise for the videos, I wanna see that thing go....

- Raketemensch
A 3.5cc engine is = to a .21 engine, its just the conversion from ci to cc. Also a 4.6 = .28, 5.2 = .32
Old 06-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Dirby

i had the air filter come off my engine to day and some dirt and sand got sucked into it.
think it weill be a paper weight now?
or think it will run ok now.
i just bought it yesterday and had about 10 tank full through it.
Dirby.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:33 AM
claudacio

Take it apart and see what the inside of the sleeve looks like as far as scratches, and to get all the dirt out. I'd soak everything all disassembled in some nitro fuel.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:41 AM
Dnell

i had the air filter come off my engine to day and some dirt and sand got sucked into it.
think it weill be a paper weight now?
or think it will run ok now.
i just bought it yesterday and had about 10 tank full through it.

Did you have the filter securely zip-tied on? What engine is it?

You may get away with it if you do as said. If the pistons not too scratched you may get another gallon or so out of it, it all depends. Never the less, it's worth tearing it down to see and make sure the rear bearing is cleaned well.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Dirby

i tore it completely apart.
some minor scratches on the piston.
rear bareing also cleaned.
the whole engine wasn cleaned in mineral spearets and oiled than put back together.
i ran it and it only quit once through a full tank.
lhd says it might ben al right.
the motor is a
os 21 rg with pull start.
i know it ain't a barn burner but it is just what i need to run in my pace car.
Dirby.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Raketemensch

How's it running now?

- Raketemensch
Old 07-01-2006, 03:31 PM
claudacio

I finally got to get out my CRT (kit) to the track today and I kept hearing a ringing noise, first I thought it was the engine but I tracked it to the clutchbell. It was/is definitely dragging, the idle isnt to high, at one point I had it so low that it wouldnt run. So I ripped it apart and nothing was a visible problem, I changed the bearings and springs just to see if it had anything to do wit those and it didnt, I didnt have any other shoes to try at the time. I have a total of maybe 3/4 of a gallon through everything do the ofna shoes go that fast??? The look like they have some life in them but I have seen crazier things happen.

Also, whats everyone running as far as diff fluids, the stock 5/10/5 is definitely no good for these loose dried out tracks around here, while I was running I could tell everything was diffing out, the center was big time.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:25 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: claudacio

I finally got to get out my CRT (kit) to the track today and I kept hearing a ringing noise, first I thought it was the engine but I tracked it to the clutchbell. It was/is definitely dragging, the idle isnt to high, at one point I had it so low that it wouldnt run. So I ripped it apart and nothing was a visible problem, I changed the bearings and springs just to see if it had anything to do wit those and it didnt, I didnt have any other shoes to try at the time. I have a total of maybe 3/4 of a gallon through everything do the ofna shoes go that fast??? The look like they have some life in them but I have seen crazier things happen.

Also, whats everyone running as far as diff fluids, the stock 5/10/5 is definitely no good for these loose dried out tracks around here, while I was running I could tell everything was diffing out, the center was big time.
My track conditions exactly. We pretty much all run a 10/20/7 setup at my track. ST-R's and CRT's.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:57 PM
claudacio

Thanks hamb, I was thinking of something along those lines after looking through the team jammin guy's setups. How are you liking the ST-R? I like the jammin but I am in need of some setups for it, the stock one from the instruction book just isnt working for me period, its all over the place. After looking through team jammin I cant come up with one with similar track conditions ETC... It wants to be driven a certain way, and its very unstable down the long stretchs. I guess with some more time with it I'll work the bugs out and get it the way I want it, just so used to the LST being so easy to drive and trampling over everything WOT, LOL.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Raketemensch

I'm running 7/30/3 on mine, and I'm quite happy with it. Of course, this past week I couldn't get out because of the rain, and then Tuesday this week is the 4th, then I have a rehearsal for a cartoon on Wednesday (I'm doing some of the writing and 3 voices for it), then Thursday night my band is practicing, then Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights we're doing live tapings of the cartoon at the Quick Center in Fairfield.

I hate going this long without running. So I picked up the T4, but on the first run I hit a tiny puddle and toasted my ESC, so now I got NOTHIN'.

Going a little nuts here....
Old 07-01-2006, 09:11 PM
claudacio

I have 10/30/7 on hand so I think I'm gonna run that and see how it works. I hear you with the schedule thing, today was the fist day in almost a month that I was able to get to the track. I was really planning on going up to enfield last tuesday but I was spent from work and it was way to hot and humid for my liking, I'd think about doing something and start sweating. But I have to get up there one of these days, I really didnt look at their track but I could see it looked like it was a tractable surface and not dust.

What are you running for clutch shoes and springs on your truck?
Old 07-01-2006, 11:22 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: claudacio

Thanks hamb, I was thinking of something along those lines after looking through the team jammin guy's setups. How are you liking the ST-R? I like the jammin but I am in need of some setups for it, the stock one from the instruction book just isnt working for me period, its all over the place. After looking through team jammin I cant come up with one with similar track conditions ETC... It wants to be driven a certain way, and its very unstable down the long stretchs. I guess with some more time with it I'll work the bugs out and get it the way I want it, just so used to the LST being so easy to drive and trampling over everything WOT, LOL.
haha yeah I know what you mean man. I bashed my LST mainly so I had like 50K diff oil F&B and it still worked just fine and got me into the amain both times, though I'd get defaced by all the truggies, lol. I'm really loving my ST-R, and I almost have my brother talked into the CRT. The oils that come in factory kits are always pretty crappy and I can't think of any aplication besides running up and down the street that they'd be good for. Good luck with the CRT man.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Dirby

is there a air filter out there that will keep dust out of the engine?
history.
i have a os 21 rg pull start.
i used the filter that came withm it.
also both filter elements were coated with hpi filter oil in the spray can.
filter was assembled properly and attached with a pull tie.
i put about an hour running time on it .
track was very dusty.
when i took the filter off the engine there was a film of brown dust on the inside of the venturi.
any suggestions?
Dirby

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.