Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood.

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 04:48 PM
peternj
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood.

<span new="" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">peternj - CG Ultimate Build

Again following the directions in the manual I continued on the vertical stabilizer and rudder.

<span new="" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">Framed out the vertical stabilizer and added gussets at hinge locations to provide reinforcement and more adhesion area for hinges .

<span new="" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">Framed out the rudder and added gussets at hinge locations to provide reinforcement and more adhesion area for hinges

<span new="" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">Final sheeting was done but is not shown until later photos. I also deviated and performed final sanding on the vertical and horizontal surfaces as well as the rudder and elevator controls.

</span></span></span></span>
Old 06-17-2011, 05:07 PM
peternj

peternj - CG Ultimate Build

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">I built the wings a bit out of order. First I completed the bottom wing as detailed below, and for a change of pace I moved to build the fuselage before returning to the top wing.

</p></font></font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">It was about March when I got to the assembly of the bottom wing and again following the directions in the manual I continued frame it out without little deviation from plans and directions. I built the bottom wing with a single servo configuration in the interest of progress. I will some of the decisions after final assembly has been completed right before covering. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The only modifications and deviations from plans were:<span style="mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin"><span style="mso-list: Ignore"><span style="FONT: 7pt "Times New Roman"">

</span></span></span>1) Use of 30 minute epoxy to glue in all the plywood pieces where the wing halves are joined as well as the spars and the leading and trailing edges. (see Figure <span style="mso-no-proof: yes">9</span> and Figure <span style="mso-no-proof: yes">10</span>)

2) Use of epoxied gussets at the most forward (ply) and rearward (1/4” balsa) sections where it’s circled in Figure <span style="mso-no-proof: yes">9
</span>

figure 9     

figure 10 

Reinforcing joiners were glued in the circled locations. Ply was used in the forward wing section and balsa in the rear section. (Note: the top wing will show the re-enforcement gussets where the red highlights are)

picture below shows them glued into the top wing, sorry forgot to snap the pic for the bottom wing.
</p></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="PAGE-BREAK-AFTER: avoid; MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">In addition to that I opted for 30 minute epoxy to join the wing halves where ply pieces are used to join the wing as well as the points where the spars, leading edge, and trailing edge meet together.

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">I progressed through wing assembly following the manual when it came to sheet the wings and install the default the single servo control push rods.

the wing... getting there...

</span></span></p>
Old 06-17-2011, 05:19 PM
peternj

The top wing

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">I dragged my feet and about three weeks have gone by when I stopped on the bottom wing. So to change things up, after completing the bottom wing I proceeded to build the fuselage and then returned to the wing build a week or so into April. I hope this explains the two or three week lapse where I constructed the fuselage (detailed in the fuselage section). The top wing was built up with little deviation from plans and instructions. The modifications and deviations from plans were:

1) <span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Use of 30 minute epoxy to glue in all the plywood pieces where the wing halves are joined as well as the spars and the leading and trailing edges just like the bottom wing. (see </span><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Figure <span style="mso-no-proof: yes">9</span></span><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"> and </span><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Figure <span style="mso-no-proof: yes">10</span></span><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"> of bottom wing and actual gussets in place in </span><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Figure <span style="mso-no-proof: yes">11</span></span><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">)

2) <span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Use of epoxied gussets at the most forward (ply) and rearward (1/4” balsa) sections where it’s circled in </span><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Figure <span style="mso-no-proof: yes">11

figure 11 

3) <span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Use of bolts that would go through the top wing instead of the default configuration that uses the wire through the wing to hang it onto the cabanes required a block to be glued into the center wing. This required a center block to be glued in as shown above in </span><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Figure <span style="mso-no-proof: yes">11</span></span><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">. Below are more detailed photos of the center block of the top wing construction, see </span><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Figure <span style="mso-no-proof: yes">12</span></span><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"> and </span><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Figure <span style="mso-no-proof: yes">13

figure 12 

figure 13 

4) <span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">I progressed through wing assembly following the manual when it came to sheet the wings and ended up with

</span></span></span></span></span></span></p></font></font></p>
Old 06-17-2011, 05:22 PM
peternj

Tomorrow I'll should have my fuselage build write up done...  It will include all the mods to re-inforce the cabane mountings (I believe I hijacked that from Revy (sorry :-)  ))

After the fuse write up, I'll have mounting the bottom wing and making the sattle for it followed by attaching the tail feathers and finally the top wing

Let me know if you have any questions and sorry for posting all at once...  I've been keeping notes in word but there's no way to just upload a file and view its contents.

Cheers All!
Old 06-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Revy
My Feedback: (1)

Looking like she'll be a solid bird! I like your work!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:54 AM
mrshea
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is graet exactly what i was waiting too see. Aother way to mount that top wing. Never did like that. Phil
Old 06-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Revy
My Feedback: (1)

Check this out.

Jason
Old 06-19-2011, 12:23 AM
peternj

ok, so Itook TWN's ideas as well..... sorry still writing up the fuse build....
Old 06-19-2011, 12:24 AM
peternj

Revy, thanks for the complement.....
Old 06-19-2011, 05:00 AM
mrshea

thanks for the link revy. Must have missed that one in my search. Phil
Old 06-19-2011, 09:24 PM
mrshea

i am contemplating the start of my plans built ultimate here really soon. Does any one believe an asp 1.08 would be an alright motor choice till i change over to gas. If it is this build will get under way alot sooner than expected. Phil
Old 06-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

ASP 1.08 would be fine.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:13 PM
stefanP

picture of mine rite now,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57887.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	1626484  
Old 06-22-2011, 07:23 PM
raubold
My Feedback: (156)

Yeh, now that looks like a hobby room to me there, just like mine, like the Plane and the Shop
Old 06-22-2011, 11:20 PM
peternj

Hi guys...  so I finally got done writing up the section on my fuselage build...  in hind sight I should have done this as I did the build instead of keeping notes in a word document. Makes the inserting of pictures a paing...  anyways....

Fuselage Build

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">I built the fuselage out of order after completing the bottom wing and before starting on the top wing. I dragged my feet a little so the build took most of April into May.

</p></font></font></p>

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">For the most part I followed the directions in the assembly manual. However I made modifications to the cabane mounts, added extra support under the sheeting aft of the cabane but in front of the cockpit deck. Here are the highlights of the assembly and modifications:

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">I sanded the fuselage sides, top, and bottom before gluing. During dry fitting I noticed that the lock notches did not fit quite as they should have in the fuselage sides, top, and bottom. This was caused by way the parts were cut out. It looks like a rotor CNC was used instead of laser and/or die cutter causing the corners to be round. To fix this I squared the notches with a utility knife and proceeded to glue everything together. In hind sight I should have used aliphatic glue instead of 30 minute epoxy. I opted not to use CA but should have done more research on glue weights and strengths. The plus side is I had some time to jig everything make sure it was square and rubber band it as shown in the pictures below.

</span></span></p>
Old 06-22-2011, 11:27 PM
peternj

<span new="" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">

After the fuselage dried, it was sanded and the wing blocks were glued in. At this time modifications to the cabane mounting were made and horizontal braces were glued in as shown below. They were later shaved and shaped for appearance sake.

<span new="" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">Once the epoxy on the wing blocks cured the wing was dried fitted, then centered and mounting holes were drilled so the wing can be used to build up the wing saddle and incidence set to zero.

<span new="" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: ">The tail feathers were dry fitted and ta da, something resembling an airplane is appearing.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Just an FYI, at this time I returned to wing construction and built the top wing. After the wing was completed I continued with the fuselage build.

</span></span></span>
Old 06-22-2011, 11:33 PM
peternj

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Horizontal braces were shaped and glued into the fuselage. These will help dissipate the load from the cabane mounting points using the horizontal brace and buttresses. Yes I said it.

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">At this time the fuselage forward formers and stringers were also glued in as shown in the picture below.

</span></span>
Old 06-22-2011, 11:40 PM
peternj

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">At this point the fuselage was turned upside down and leveled so that a wing saddle can be formed using 6 minute epoxy and micro balloons. Once the wing was mounted I created shims to level the wing horizontally to the fuselage and then set its incidence to zero degrees.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </span>The areas of the fuselage where the wing makes contact were taped off to create troughs for the epoxy and the wing was wrapped with cellophane. The epoxy was spread and worked into the make shift troughs where the wing mounts to the fuselage and the wing was bolted down.

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">After the epoxy cured the wing saddles were shaped and sanded to fit perfectly and the saddle looked something like this.

</span></span>
Old 06-22-2011, 11:45 PM
peternj

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">peternj - CG Ultimate Build

An additional former to support the sheeting just aft of the rear cabane mount was fabricated and glued in and the horizontal cabane mount braces were shaped. The cabanes were mounted as per directions. I used number four fender washers to and soldered the nuts to the bolts as shown in the following photos.

</span>
Old 06-22-2011, 11:51 PM
peternj

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: ">peternj - CG Ultimate Build

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">The fuselage was sheeted per directions with the cabanes in place and read to accept the buttresses.

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Once the top of the fuselage was sheeted the buttresses were fabricated and glued in as shown in the photo below. The intent is to carry the force loads from the cabane mounting points through the horizontal and vertical braces that were added to the fuselage. The other option would be to mount the cabanes down the side of the fuselage, but that just wouldn’t look pretty.

</span></span></span>
Old 06-22-2011, 11:53 PM
peternj

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: ">peternj - CG Ultimate Build

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">It’s the beginning of May and the fuselage is nearing final assembly. The tail feathers were permanatly epoxied in using 30 minute epoxy and the horizontal stabilizer was set to -1 ¼ degree of incidence relative to the wing and fuselage. The vertical stabilizer was epoxied in as well and the assembly was centered and squared. To maximize strength and glue contact gussets were added forward of the vertical stabilizer as well as between the horizontal and vertical stabilizers on both sides.

</span></span>
Old 06-22-2011, 11:55 PM
peternj

first week of may i purchased a magneting building set, and have been sanding the fixtures and finishing them.  i'll post pics of it when I resume the build.

Things left...  Fuselage turtle deck, mounting top wing, and that's about it.  Then it's covering and fitting with gear...

cheers everyone!</p>
Old 06-23-2011, 04:04 AM
mrshea

i like the way you reinforced the cabane area. Should be strong enough and preserve the look. Think i'm gonna steal that idea when i get mine going here in a few weeks. Phil
Old 06-25-2011, 07:11 AM
peternj

mrshea,

Phill, no worries... it's not really stealing from me since Ikind of borrowed the idea from Revy. So thank you Revy...

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer

peter</p>
Old 06-25-2011, 09:07 AM
mrshea

cool just waitng for my lite ply to show up and the cutting of parts will commence. Did you use heavier aluminun stock for the cabanes or use the kit parts? phil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.