Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff are you being serious or sarcastic when you said that the blade 400 is a NICE heli
Old 01-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Evan T.

dang now where at 201 what now Jeff and your homies over at the struggling thread lol jk
Old 01-27-2009, 12:04 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is cool that you took those classes, never knew you had any automotive/small engine education. Those small engines are pretty simple, but man can they be a pain to work on sometimes...lol. I have worked on a few in my days, and those things can be pretty frustrating at times...

50 miles isn't too far away...you should check out those other clubs...I went 50 miles to Hobby Hangar to get my 500 ESP...lol

Evan,

Like Jeff said, you do have a nice heli...remember your CP days??? LOL

You could always bling it out a little at at time...

I was thinking about doing all the aluminum for mine, but I just don't know if the extra weight would be worth it or not...and I wonder how durable the aluminum stuff would be in a hard crash...

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 12:04 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Jeff are you being serious or sarcastic when you said that the blade 400 is a NICE heli

Serious !
Old 01-27-2009, 12:12 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

We just passed the 5000th reply mark too...

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Evan T.

okay now i really want to do it lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19763.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1120663  
Old 01-27-2009, 12:25 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

LOL...

That is the first really close up I have seen of the aluminum stuff....looks really nice...

You go ahead and go for it, and I'll see how it goes for you..lol

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 12:53 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The small engines I worked on were brand new, so it wasn't too bad to get them started again. I just tore them down all the way and rebuilt them.

Nick
Old 01-27-2009, 12:58 AM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Old 01-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Evan T.

I'm thinking about it because all I need is the blade grips and rotor housing I already have the other stuff so that's only $54.98 I think I can handle that but I really want another battery
Old 01-27-2009, 01:53 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Here's yer next heli: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSgIEQDeYYU Its a Trex 500 running on 6s A123 packs... Very short, as the guy didn't have a camera man. Some crazy power though ! I picked up the link over on HeliFreak as I'am snooping on the power discussions thread. Its interesting hearing everyones responses to there batts there using, there pinions, running times, motors, etc. etc. The reason I'am there is I bumped my timing up from mid-timing to high timing and tested before dark in my yard doing some punchouts and I noticed more power slightly. Things run so cool, that heat buildup won't be an issue and my reduced flight times won't be much. Can't wait to test it out in some FFF....

Back to the Freak....

~ Jeff

Old 01-27-2009, 02:40 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

It would be cool to have a 500, but I want to save my money for another project I have in mind. If my outline of my schooling is correct I will be going over the design concepts of a power supply in 8 months or so. Then I would like to design/build a high power, power supply for my 600 batteries. Then from my experience of prototyping a small digital voltmeter it won't be cheap to build one power supply compared to mass producing one. There were some things that I needed to correct on my DVM circuit board, so I never got to test it out. But I think I didn't do too bad for my first time.

I wondered if your ESC would be hotter by increasing the timing, since the FET's are on earlier and longer.

Nick
Old 01-27-2009, 08:31 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys whats up, just checking in, been awhile. I just got in my new brushless helicopter yesterday, it needs some setting up and such but I did give it a few test flights, it feels good to be flying again. I have pretty much sold all my rc's except my new helicopter and traxxas stampede which I have been upgrading slowly. I just can't afford anything else except these two rc's right now, and I just don't have time right now. College is going good just took to more exams the other day, got a 95 on one and a 80 in the other, which lowered my gpa to a 91, school is cool I guess lol except the lessons you have no interest in lol.

how is everyone else doing?
Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 AM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

I am doing good. Good to hear you got your brushless Walkera. Good to hear school is going good for you.

Nick
Old 01-27-2009, 02:38 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Sorry to have been out of touch! I have to read the last three pages and catch up here to everyone.

Helistyle,
I am so glad your back in the air again………go for you. Enjoy your heli.

Evan,
That looks like a great Eflite replacement motor for our 400s.

Jeff,
I watched your small yard fly and I don’t know how you do it in such a small area. Gave me the bajeebers to think about it. Glenn had told me how much room the 500 takes to fly safely and he is dead on. I still may go back to that small park to make my adjustments and test fly but after that I’ll have to make the trip out to my open area site.
THANKS for posting your 500 settings. I am going to make some of your adjustments and try another short fly and see how they react. Hard winds here now so I am grounded for a few days.

Nick,
Boy-oh-boy to see a Fun Fly with 400’s inside, I’ll stand in the door thank you very much. I cannot imagine non pros attempting that in an auditorium. Then you would have a Fun Fly Destruction Derby in my opinion.

Carl,
Did you work out the differences in Jeff’s and mine DX set ups? Remember if we all use different servos that makes a difference too. Did your buddy turn you on to some foam for your case. I have had NO responses to my emails out on that subject.

Glenn,
Sorry to hear you got more snow….will it ever end?
Been soldering up a storm here. I have made up Deans connectors for all of my battery chargers that will allow me to have either alligator clips for the car battery or change off to a set of bananas for the power supplies. Now I can use all 4 chargers in either setting.
Got one extra 400 rear servo clamp which I am cutting off its tail to make it a boom holder as my booms just keep sliding inward.
My buddy got his CX3 last night but is not a fly out of the box! He is having to we work the 3-1 to get it stop the tail shake (like to much gyro) and its drifting left. I am sure can get him taken care of.
He is sending back my G4 in the next day or two. I have been thinking again…………oh boy! I want to go on Skype WITHOUT cameras but leave the audio up. Then go on the G4 and fly under Multi users and see if we can talk while flying LIVE to each other. Should be a hoot.

Talk on you guys tonight
Attached Images  
Old 01-27-2009, 03:39 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Glad to hear from you again, don't be such a stranger next time...

Good to hear that you like the new heli, and that you have had at least a little time to fly it...

Sounds like school is going well, good for you, just keep up the good grades, even when the subject is boring..lol

So, do you still work part time at the LHS?

Hope all is going well with you...are you tired of winter and the snow yet? LOL

Take care,

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 03:56 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

When I am flying the bigger helis all of the pilots will have spotters, so no one will run into each other.

I don't remember if I sad this, but on one of the club's sites I was checking out had a video of Jason Krause flying a 600 in a gym. That was very impresive what he could do with that heli in such a small area. I don't know if the gym was in Nebraska, but it would be cool if it was.

Nick
Old 01-27-2009, 04:07 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, it is amazing what the pro guys can do in a small space...even the video of Jason Krause in a gym with a 500 is pretty awesome...

Sounds like a good idea on the spotters...the indoor area you have the fun fly in must be quite large?

JPEE,

That is strange that the CX3 needs work right out of the box...hope you can get him straightened out...

Yeah, G4 and Skype, if it worked, would be a pretty cool thing...

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 04:15 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah the fun flys are in a pretty good sized gym.

Nick
Old 01-27-2009, 04:18 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jason Krause is one of my favorites ! I've heard on the Freak, that he was flying long before Curtis... I like the video in the gym like Glenn said, and my other favorite is the one in the street in front of his house. I guess once we get better, we'll be able to just step out the back door, and throw the 500 in the air... I've noticed since I'am getting more used to the 500 I don't need as big of a space. The first few flights here in Washington were in bigger fields, but they still felt small when I was flying ! I'am tellin' ya the heli really just wants to run and fly ! LMAO.... But still very tame when you get used to pulling on the leash to keep it in bounds. I've noticed its a bit different than the 450 in that when your zipping at a high ***** rate of speed depending on how you want to slow down in whatever manuever it takes longer to stop, or a little more collective management to keep it friendly... Its so fun to fly though... Once you guys build that trust with it, knowing everything is working good and such, and get used to the little bit bigger size, its so neat to just fly around !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQ56...eature=related

~ Jeff
Old 01-27-2009, 04:22 PM
J-MICHAEL

Old 01-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Carljw

Jpee
No fome yet. I tried UPS and they dont sell it but told me they get it at Lowes and HomeDepot I went to both places and was told they dont have it ***.
I just left my T500 as is I rechecked everything and all controls work as should. All I need now is a 9257 and a GY410 and I will done.
I bought the Clearview simulator and have been haveing fun with it all day. Has a CX2 Blade CP and CP with training gear CP PRo B400 and Trex 450 and 500. NO MCX LOL.
and a bunch of others and a lot of planes I havent ck out yet. Its so real its hard to beleave some one can make something like that. When you crash blades explode
and pieces fly all over the place ther is a lot of settings I have to investagte yet to see what they do. For $40.00 you cant beat it. I think I read where you guys have realflight
and can watch each other fly. I wont try that for a while you guys would laugh at my flying LOL. I seen in one of the menus you can change servo type not shre how that would work out.
I watched your T500 videos and you are doing great even though you said you were haveing a problem in the first one. If that was a problem I hope to have the same
in my maden flight becouse it looked fine to me.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:07 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Carljw

Jpee
No fome yet. I tried UPS and they dont sell it but told me they get it at Lowes and HomeDepot I went to both places and was told they dont have it ***.
I just left my T500 as is I rechecked everything and all controls work as should. All I need now is a 9257 and a GY410 and I will done.
I bought the Clearview simulator and have been haveing fun with it all day. Has a CX2 Blade CP and CP with training gear CP PRo B400 and Trex 450 and 500. NO MCX LOL.
and a bunch of others and a lot of planes I havent ck out yet. Its so real its hard to beleave some one can make something like that. When you crash blades explode
and pieces fly all over the place ther is a lot of settings I have to investagte yet to see what they do. For $40.00 you cant beat it. I think I read where you guys have realflight
and can watch each other fly. I wont try that for a while you guys would laugh at my flying LOL. I seen in one of the menus you can change servo type not shre how that would work out.
I watched your T500 videos and you are doing great even though you said you were haveing a problem in the first one. If that was a problem I hope to have the same
in my maden flight becouse it looked fine to me.
Hi Carl,
I cant wait for you to fly your 500 too, just so I can see you sweat it out like the rest of us. But with that said....you know we all wish you the best of LUCK for real. Sounds like to got a great deal with on your SIM , enjoy it!

Nick,
I think I have seen those videos. There are two different pilots that do that as I recall.

Glenn, yep I want really want to try that with the SIMS.

Jeff, a great picture for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JPEE
Old 01-27-2009, 05:22 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

It is a little cold here, but I got a flight with the ember and the Belt CP. It is great for flying, since there is no wind here. I also got to blow some snow around with the Belt CP. I am charging my DX7, so I can go fly the 600. It seems like my LiPo's for the ember can't keep the voltage up in the cold, since the LVC is kicking in pretty soon.

Nick
Old 01-27-2009, 05:23 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Carl, JPEE, Jeff,

I know this is history now, I kinda forgot to post my 500 setttings for you guys..sorry...

But here it goes, I think it's more like what Carl ended up with...for whatever reason, we all seem to have different setups, but as long as it all works...[sm=omg_smile.gif]

Swash:

AILERON -60
ELEVATOR -60
PITCH +60

Reverse:

All N except:

ELEV R
PITCH R

Better late than never...LOL

Oh, gyro is:

0: 68%
1: 75%

Seems to hold well at 68, but I could probably go up a bit...just haven't felt the need yet...no drift, no wag...so I'm happy...LOL

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.