Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Man it's still 75 degrees here but to windy to fly I hate the wind so much now
Old 01-27-2009, 06:11 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Yeah, that sucks for sure....how windy is it? Like 20 MPH?

I have tried flying in like 15 MPH winds, and it's not much fun, but I managed...it's actually very challenging, but not much fun..it's more fun in calm winds, where the heli (hopefully) does what you input in the radio..lol

It gets easier to deal with the wind as you get more experience, it has in my case anyways...

One time when I was at my local flying field, a guy with 15 years of flying helis was there...and the wind was a constant 14-16 MPH on the field's wind gauge, and I would have never flown my B400 in that...back then..

He took his Trex 450, and put it out in the field, and flew it like it was perfectly calm outside...lol...I just sat there and watched...amazed...LOL

So, it gets easier as you get better...I asked him about it, and he said the wind didn't bother him a bit...just his "old eyes" and watching the heli in the air was much more of an issue for him...and after watching him fly, I could see why...he flies very, very high up...

Anyways, I learned alot about flying in the wind by watching someone with alot of experience, and it made me want to try it more, so I did..and I can deal with it better now...but I still don't like it...

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Evan T.

well we have a cold front coming in and it's coming fast it's 51 degrees 20 miles away and 70 here LOL so the winds are making the trees bend over lol
Old 01-27-2009, 06:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

well we have a cold front coming in and it's coming fast it's 51 degrees 20 miles away and 70 here LOL so the winds are making the trees bend over lol

Don't mess with TEXAS.....LMAO....
Evan T.

haha it went from 78 to 63 in two hours and its still dropping by the second lol so should i get the 2100 or the 1800 mah battery i need to make up my mind soon because i need to call the lhs to put in my order because they send in their order tomorrow morning
Carljw

Glenn
Your settings are the same as mine except I dident have to reverse pitch in the reverse menu I just did Aile. I see you left your swash settings at 60% do you fell that you have enough through
in Elev and Alie. I had to shorten the linkes from the servos to 17.5 like Finless did to get the radius and the and the short link from the washout base to line up level at mid stick.
I set my pitch up and it was dead nuts o pitch at center stick. Iset my normel pitch to 3 0 11 and idle up to 11 0 11.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:46 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I crashed the 600.[:@] I was in idle up 1 and I didn't change my pitch curve from when I was testing the power system. So it was a flat 50% curve. I broke the landing gear and can't tell the rest until I look closer. And I didn't have the headspeed up high enough to auto it. And I have snow in some of the electronics. So I am going to wait for that to dry before I test the electronics.[&o]

Nick
Old 01-27-2009, 06:55 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

OH NO!!!

Sorry to here that..man...that is not good...

Did you have a blade strike at all, or did they survive? That's a quick $100 right there...[X(]

Really sorry to hear that pal...hope it's not too bad...[]

Keep us updated. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya...

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Evan T.

nick sorry to here that

guys what batteries do yall like to use in your 450s and 400s i need to hurry up and decide so i can call and tell the lhs what to order for me im trying to stay under $70 thanks try to hurry and reply please
Old 01-27-2009, 06:58 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Yeah, if the trees are bending over...it's probably not a good idea to try to fly an RC helicopter...LMAO!!

That must be some storm...hang on!

The northern half of Texas is cold...you are lucky at least for your mid 70's temps...or at least the mid 70's you DID have..LOL[>:]

I wouldn't fly either...

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 07:00 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

It's up to you...if you get the 2100, then you will be able to compare them, and then use that to figure out what you like best, for future batteries...

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 07:02 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn,

I crashed the 600.[:@] I was in idle up 1 and I didn't change my pitch curve from when I was testing the power system. So it was a flat 50% curve. I broke the landing gear and can't tell the rest until I look closer. And I didn't have the headspeed up high enough to auto it. And I have snow in some of the electronics. So I am going to wait for that to dry before I test the electronics.[&o]

Nick

Nick ~

Oh man sorry to hear that.... Like the Doc said, keep us informed.... Pictures ?....

Evan ~

The 2200 mah battery will be a little heavier and provide a bit more stability for learning along with more flight time...

The 1800 pack will be lighter and the heli will be more responsive the lighter it is. It will give you less runtime, but since the heli is a bit lighter your electronics could be cooler by a few degrees, and less breakages on the heli if its lighter... FYI...

I have a pack that is only 15c 2100 mah that is more powerful in my heli than the Air-Thunder 2200 mah 25c's just because there is about a 55 gram diff in the heli, and you feel it...

~ Jeff
Old 01-27-2009, 07:02 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

That's if you are staying with the Eflite packs...which have been good to me...

But there are many choices...maybe some are better, but it's better and easier if you get a battery with the Eflite type balance connector, that way you wouldn't have to change it to use your stock charger, just keep that in mind too...

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 07:04 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Let us know what you decide...and good luck.

Whichever you get, you'll still have two batteries to fly with, which is a big plus..

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Evan T.

hey guys well i just got off the phone with the lhs owner and he was trying to talk me into buying different brand batteries but ive already seen what they have and dont really like them although they do have a flightpower battery thats pretty nice but it has deans on it and they were on sale for 39.99 to so that kinda sucks but i dont want to cut off the deans and solder ec3s on so i just ordered the 2100mah eflite pack and got it over with but next time i get a battery i want to get the thunderpower 2200mah v2 and get the balance adapter but then i will have to solder on the ec3s and i dont want to do that since my sodering iron doesnt get hot enough to do that but i know how because i watched finless's video oh and now finless isnt going to make a 250 build vid witch is gay huh
Old 01-27-2009, 07:18 PM
JPEE

OMG NICK! ! !

I am so sick for you. I cannot imagine how you feel. Best of luck on the review of the damage. Please keep us informed and I hope the costs are way down and it only looks bad and the damage will be minimal.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61408.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1121275  
Old 01-27-2009, 07:22 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Good choice, in my opinion...no fuss, no muss, as they say...a nice hassle free way to go for now..

Yeah, if you don't have a good soldering iron, the EC3's would be difficult to work with, it takes a good bit of heat, and some practice soldering to get them to turn out good...not the easiest thing to do, especially if you've never done it...

Later on, you can move up/on to the aftermarket battery packs...

For now, you are plug n play when you get the pack..[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

That really sucks that Finless isn't going to do a Trex 250 build vid....any idea why? [>:]

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 07:35 PM
rotarydoc

Carl,

Yeah, I still have my swash mixing at 60%...and that's plenty for now..

I'm sure when I get some more stick time on it, and get comfortable, I'll bump that up in steps...

Unless I get a wild hair...and just go out and take her up for a backflip one day...LOL

In that case, I would crank the swashes up as far as I could get them without interference....but don't hold your breath on me doing any backflips with it anytime soon...LOL

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Evan T.

well hes still gonna do a couple small vids but not a full build and its because there is a transgender named jasmine and he/she already made a full build series so he said he doesnt really need to make any more but i think he does because its really hard to get used to the way he/she talks and plus his vids are always the best
Old 01-27-2009, 07:45 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I just got done looking over the 600 and the landing gear is the only thing that is broke. Some ball joints backed out, but the crown gears are fine and so is everything else. I fired it up and there was no vibrations so that is good.

Evan,

I like the Outrage batteries, since they don't puff and come with balance adaptors.

Finless is still going to do the 250 vids, but isn't going to go into depth with it. It will probably be like what he did for the Gaui. But it is basically a mini 450, so everything would carry over from those videos. He is probably still busy doing the Futaba videos, since people on Helifreak payed for the transmitter he is video taping.

Nick
Old 01-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Evan T.

yeah i guess you posted before you read my last post lol
Old 01-27-2009, 07:51 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear that the damage was minimal, and everything else looks OK...and yeah, no vibration is a good thing too...

Wonder if your LHS will have the landing gear parts? Do they carry any Align stuff? Mine doesn't but the one that closed down had a good amount of Align parts.

Good luck on the mini rebuild. Glad it wasn't worse...

At least Finless is going to do mini videos on the 250, I'd be interested in watching them.

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 07:53 PM
J-MICHAEL

Yeah I flew the 500 with 60% on the Swash Mixing, and the 500 flies great. I just recently had bumped it up to 80% after that loop attempt when I was at 60%... I honestly don't think I could tell much of a difference in the 20% increase. Maybe its because the 500 is so darn stable its not as noticable tweaked higher as it would be with our 450's...Couldn't say. Maybe I'am so scared *****less when I'am flying the thing, that I didn't notice it being more sensitive after the bump to 80%....LMAO...

I had to LMAO twice after JPEE's video at the end, and he goes..... WHEW......*****...... And then the camera clicks off at the end of his flying... I feel like that everytime...LMAO ! The reason why on G4 everyday the only thing I do is just sport flying around, and nose-ins in a hover and in flight coming toward you... I want it to be second nature and letting the nervousness relax some, and then I'll work on some more acrobatic 3-D type maneuvers. But I do get interested in trying a few things from time to time. The last few loops made me a little uneasy to try again so soon, but now with my timing higher, the drop in pinion, and my Swash Mixing going from 60% to 80% I'll get the nerve to try something soon I can predict. Once I get comfortable doing a few I'll drop the timing back down to mid-timing, and go from there tweaking with my curves and deciding which pinion to stick with... This time I'll do the loop in idle 2 instead of idle 1 like I was in. I like the 16t I think better than what I'am trying out right now with the 15t simply for the higher headspeed difference I can feel, and the electronics feeling the same temp with both. My ESC is literally cold lately flying in about 40 degree weather... I'am thinking maybe the CC BEC is helping there possibly, but can't wait to see how your guys' observations turn out...

~ Jeff

Old 01-27-2009, 07:55 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Guys,

I just got done looking over the 600 and the landing gear is the only thing that is broke. Some ball joints backed out, but the crown gears are fine and so is everything else. I fired it up and there was no vibrations so that is good.

Evan,

I like the Outrage batteries, since they don't puff and come with balance adaptors.

Finless is still going to do the 250 vids, but isn't going to go into depth with it. It will probably be like what he did for the Gaui. But it is basically a mini 450, so everything would carry over from those videos. He is probably still busy doing the Futaba videos, since people on Helifreak payed for the transmitter he is video taping.

Nick

WHEW.... Good... Then my praying worked...... Thank your drawers for that one ! It could have been much worse eh ?!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Evan T.

Well guys I just chopped up my canopy because I powered up the 400 inside and thought I put it in throttle hold so I gave it full throttle and it spun around and the tail rotors sliced of the part were the grommet is and it did it pretty good to so now I have to buy a 20 dollar canopy because a stupid little accident

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.