Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:32 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

Since my close LHS is closed I can't go there and my far LHS doesn't carry Align products anymore, so I have to order online. Since I have to order stuff I might as well get the rest of the common crash parts. Since most of the stuff I need comes in a pack of two it will only cost about $40/crash minus canopy and main blades. So that isn't that much more compared to some of my 450 crashes.

Good thing I was only 5 or 6 feet up. I should have just gone into normal or idle up 2, but I wasn't thinking clearly. And it doesn't help seeing an expensive heli coming towards the ground and I didn't exactly know what was going on. So my natural reaction was to go into throttle hold and try and auto the heli down.

Nick
Old 01-27-2009, 08:50 PM
JPEE

Evan, sorry to what happened to you but you know what? A new canopy is $17.30 with tax and that is small price to pay for as many great flights as you have had. You only need to look back at the CP P and look at the bucks that went there. Overall for your 400 flying this is just a tiny nick. I don't want to minmize the cost as I know $$ are hard for you to come by. You'll get it done, I know it.

Nick..............thats the best new I have heard all day. Sounds like one of my controled crashes of late where I expect to major damage and it is just the opposite!

JPEE

Old 01-27-2009, 09:12 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

lol im trying not to be a stranger, just feels strange, I hardly have any helicopters anymore, and I don't want to bore you guys with rc truck stuff, all I have left is my small heli and the stampede, Im keeping it to those two for awhile.

I'm trying to do good in school, its just hard for me when subjects are boring, one thing im learning is just to suck it up and do the best I can

I still work at the lhs, I work there about 20 hours a week along with about 35 at home depot, the hobby shop just moved to a new location, The owner bought his own buliding instead of renting. I had to redo inventory and having over 5,000 parts it was pretty crazy. I finally saw a t-rex 500, there is one at the shop and it is a beauty lol

Old 01-27-2009, 09:32 PM
J-MICHAEL

lol im trying not to be a stranger, just feels strange, I hardly have any helicopters anymore, and I don't want to bore you guys with rc truck stuff, all I have left is my small heli and the stampede, Im keeping it to those two for awhile.

You never bore me ! I like to hear what's going on with ya and about your Stampede and your helicopter... Time goes by so fast, it just still seems like yesterday to me that you were flying the CPP around and such. Its nice ya can find the time to check in with us whenever you can spare a breathe from your busy schedule... Nothing to new and exciting going on here as Winter keeps us cold... Except for JPEE, he's still wearing shorts... [8D] And with all the wind he's been having I think I heard him say he was going to get into some of those cool RC Gliders...

~ Jeff
Old 01-27-2009, 10:19 PM
JPEE

http://www.xheli.com/bl400codealh.html

NICK,

I just got a bulletin, I thought you might want to see this re the 400 all metal head.

JPEE
Old 01-27-2009, 10:22 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Don't feel strange! Just drop on in once in a while and check up on us...lol..keep us in line!

That sounds cool that your LHS moved into an owned shop rather than a rented one...hopefully it is a good move...

I can relate to the number of parts that you deal with, except on a smaller scale...when I used to work at the hobby shop, when the Horizon order would come in...holy crap....a box full of stuff to hang on the wall..it got overwhelming sometimes...[X(]

Do you run the Stampede much in the cold and snow?

And like Jeff said, you aren't missing much heli action from most of us anyways...too cold and snowy for me...maybe in a few months...

We were saying that it's amazing that this thread is up to 5000+ replies...all because you wanted to know about some CPP blades on eBay...LOL.. I took a few minutes the other day and started reading the thread from the beginning..back in June...LOL...pretty funny reading that now...

Anyways, just stop by and say hi once in a while...we all like hearing from you!

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 10:28 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Man, sorry to hear about the canopy chopping accident...but at least it was only the canopy, and nothing happened to you...that is the main thing..

Take it from me...it hurts alot when a B400 main blade hits ya...

I know the $$$ for the canopy sucks...but it could'a been alot worse...

Sorry about the loss...can you use some like clear shipping tape on it temporarily? That is what I did with a destroyed canopy of mine...now it's my 3D test canopy...LOL! I put that baby on there when I go out to do something that I am not too sure about...LOL

Anyways, I'm just glad you aren't writing telling us your finger got cut open or something...could have been alot worse...hopefully, you'll remember the throttle hold next time...that's how we learn sometimes...the hard way...

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 10:33 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like a plan to order some other crash parts along with the landing gear stuff...you are in a similar situation to me...although I do have a semi local hobby shop that carries Align stuff, I don't like going there, it's usually just easier to go online...

I know what you mean about not thinking clearly though...I was completely out to lunch the other day with the 500...I just wasn't focused at all...I guess we all have those days...[]

Sounds like you did all you could at the last minute to save it though...sometimes that's all you can do...

Hope you can find all you need online, and get the 600 rebuilt quickly...I know you don't want that heli sitting around broken...[X(]

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 10:34 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

That aluminum bling looks pretty cool...but I wonder how much of a hassle it would be to get individual parts later on...?

Looks cool though!

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 10:43 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just got done ordering my parts. I got some black landing gear, so the whole helicopter is black except the main gear. Helidirect didn't have the spindles in stock, so I will get those later when I need them. And Align final made some metal tail grips for the 600, but they won't be in stock until the 30th. So I will upgrade to those sometime in the future. I also got some ceramic bearings for the 600 mainshaft and TT drive, but I won't install those until my stock bearings wear out.

Nick
Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Evan T.

Yeah Glenn I thought thr hold was on but I guess not and I actually did get hit in the finger by the tail blades but not at full thr
Old 01-27-2009, 10:59 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool. Sounds like you have all kinds of goodies on the way...

Wow, you mean your 600 has plastic tail blade grips? I didn't realize that....and they are just now coming out with metal ones? Hmmm didn't even know...

Ceramic bearings sound cool, wonder how well they actually do? Aren't they kinda expensive?

Sounds cool on the all black too..

Hope you get the stuff faster than the Ember parts...lol

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 11:02 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Yeah, it's easy to forget to do that...I am usually pretty careful, and havn't slipped up yet...but never say never...lol

Glad the tail blades didn't get ya at full throttle, that wouldn't be pretty at all...[X(]

I do something pretty dangerous sometimes with the B400 that I shouldn't do...and that is set the blade tracking inside, on the work table...by holding the helicopter down with my hand, while I spin it up and check tracking...but, I DO use a full face mask, like for grinding stuff and what not...but it's still kinda dangerous...lol[sm=omg_smile.gif]

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 11:06 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

Me too on my 600 head. Mine was all plastic. Then guys bought the metal flybar cage and everything else EXCEPT the blade grips. For my old man flying, they do just fine. He gave me all of theold but brand new plastic stuff with the heli.

JPEE
Old 01-27-2009, 11:10 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

I think Nick's is an ESP...and I though that like our 500's...it was all metal, including the tail grips....but what do I know?? LOL!

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 11:20 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah the ESP and I think the NSP have plastic tail grips and everything else is all metal.

I put ceramic bearings in my 450 and like them. They are supposed to do a lot better with high RPM applications, so I put them in the spots that spin really fast. And then I use normal bearings for stuff that spins slow. They are only a few bucks more than a normal bearing.

Nick
Old 01-27-2009, 11:22 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I found a pic of my tail grips.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46839.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1121458  
Old 01-27-2009, 11:27 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yeah this thread grew into over 200 pages, amazing and still going.

Hopefully I'll have more time on my hands

the new hobby shop is sweet, trying to get the owner to get more heli brands in, but we shall see that how that goes. The owner has has the shop open 21 years and its still going strong

Its been extremely cold and been getting hammered by snow, so I haven't been going outside with the stampede at all, My stampede is all hopped up now, just spent another $80 bucks on it tonight all rpm now and is brushless

Just been flying the new heli now which is nice, once you fly a helicopter you never forget though
Old 01-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Evan T.

Well I don't know if I'm gonna buy a new canopy just yet I taped it up good and it's not ugly so it's okay except that it's fragile now
Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Glad to see ya back into the helis, at least the indoor ones, and that it all came back to you quickly and easily...

That is a good record for a hobby shop to be open, the owner must be a pretty sharp businessman...

Same here, I have an ice storm going on as I'm typing this, I'll bet tomorrow morning is going to be a nightmare...everything will be a sheet of ice...I can hardly wait...LOL

Cool to hear from you again!

Keep up the great work in school, and try to stay warm!

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 11:44 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the pic of the tailblades, I learned something new tonight..lol

That is cool on the ceramic bearings...wonder if the lube requirements are the same as a metal bearing, or are they less maintenance?

Glad to hear that you've had good luck with them too..

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 11:48 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Good going...that'll be fine until you can get a new one...it might not be perfect, but it's all good...and sooner or later, you'll need a new one anyways, might as well wait until it gets really bad. Mine is starting to get a bit worn out around the grommet holes from being taken on and off so many times...

Then if you get a new one, you can use the taped up one for dangerous stuff, new moves that might not go well...lol, and then that's $17 less when you crash trying new stuff...LOL At least that's what I do... when I did my first backflips, I used my cracked up canopy....just in case...lol.

Glenn
Old 01-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Evan T.

Yeah I might even get the one with the flames on it with some new blue fins with flames or the carbon fiber ones sound good?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:03 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

That might be cool...and different...the only thing I would say about that is with the blue, you might lose some visibility against a dark backround, like trees...I kinda like the yellow because it does stand out when you are flying against something dark, where as blue might not be as visible...

But from an appearance standpoint, it might be cool, depending on your personal taste...it would be a change, anyways...

Remember that with the blue or the yellow fins, you have to get the decals separately...no biggie, I think they are like $4 or something...

So, it's up to you...but maybe something you didn't think about...

I remember on my CPP, I had a REAL hard time seeing the tail against a treeline...very hard to see where the tail was pointed at times...makes an already difficult-to-control tail even worse...LOL[>:]

Glenn

Old 01-28-2009, 01:55 AM
JPEE

Nick, here are my 600 blade grips. The tail and box are all upgraded to aluminum. The entire up head is aluminum except the blade grips. The other owner made these upgrades.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79782.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1121567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34957.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1121568  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.