Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:16 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Thanks for the pics JPEE.

Nick
Old 01-28-2009, 12:08 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

nick, how do you like your belt cp? I have asked this before, but how about in stock form?
Old 01-28-2009, 01:16 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

I have never used the stock servos, gyro, or ESC. But for the price it is alright. The biggest thing that I dislike about it is the tail system. It can only rotate fast in one direction and extremely slow in the other direction kind of making it hard to turn. It is limited on battery sizes unlike helis that you can put the battery up higher like a B400 or T-Rex. And that causes the Belt CP to be tail heavy and makes it hard to balance it out. The stock swashplate had a lot of slop in it making it hard to get the blades to track. I think the washout arms a little too big, since two of the pushrods rub on it. The stock ESC is under rated for the heli. And it would be hard to upgrade to a different motor, since the frame wraps very close to the motor. Other than that it is a good heli to learn hovering on and doing slow circuits. But anything more advance than that it has a hard time keeping up.

Nick
Old 01-28-2009, 01:49 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

Thanks again for the DC voltage class. I am not lying when I say I didn't grasp it all but I see the formulas and how to make the computations. I think the short of is..... a charger should be at least 150 watt to handle multi or large packs. Thanks again.

JPEE
Old 01-28-2009, 02:10 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Boy, is this boring..LOL

Sitting here at work, no cars came in today, too much ice from the ice storms...no other techs either...lol

I brought my G4 controller, I guess I'll hook it up and do some sim practice...until it's time to go home...

It's kind of a nice break, but I sure don't make much money like this...lol[]

Glenn
Old 01-28-2009, 02:24 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Your welcome. It costs more up front for the 150W+ chargers, but in the long run it will be cheaper for your friend. I found that out the expensive way once I went to A123 cells. I went through 2 chargers until I got one that could handle the power I needed.

Glenn,

Sorry to hear work is slow for you today.

Did you bring the Quark? There is probably a lot of room to fly with no cars.

Least you can use G4 until some cars come in.

Nick

Old 01-28-2009, 02:32 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I wasn't sure if there would be any work after lunch or not, so I didn't bring the Quark and radio, etc along...

Hey, refresh my memory on where the G4 downloads are on Knifedge's site?

Do you have a link handy?

Thanks...

Glenn
Old 01-28-2009, 02:37 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Download some more photosites ! I like the Alcatraz Yard site for me to practice in tight areas... Nick might beat me to the link for the swap pages, but just in case here it is for ya http://knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php? I've been on G4 everyday since I've been back home except for the last few days I've been slacking... Nice out again today..... Sunny and 55 degrees, but to busy again today for a flight...

~ Jeff
Old 01-28-2009, 02:39 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks! I got it..now I can upgrade my G4 at work...havn't been able to use it much lately..until today...LOL

Glenn
Old 01-28-2009, 03:00 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I think I saw you on one of the multiplayer sessions on G4 a few days ago, but I wasn't sure of it so I stayed quiet. The Jeff on the session was switching between a lot of airplanes and a few helis. Sorry to hear you can't fly today. It is 47 here, but too windy to fly the Ember and almost too much for the 450.

Nick
Old 01-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Evan T.

It's 51 here and still a little windy but I'm gonna deal with it and try to fly but the lawn crew is here right now lol so not right now
Old 01-28-2009, 06:00 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Good luck with your windy flight...

Yeah, you wouldn't want to hit the lawn guys...LOL[X(]

Tell us how ya did when you get done...

Glenn
Old 01-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Carljw

Even
Ya I fell for you with the lawn crew. I had the snow crew out twice today ( Me and the Wife LOL ) She dident go to work today the school was colsed for icey roads.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Carljw

Glenn
I got the Clearview sim and havent tried the airplanes yet, will I have to do another sim model in aero to fly them. Some guys say to put a 5 doller bill
in a jar when you crash on the sim to make you try harder not to since I dont have that many 5 doller bills i think I will just stick my finger in a light socket
when I crash. Got board today and made a Heli hanger on the wall .
Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Carl,

Glad to hear that you got Clearview working well for you...and that you like it. I have never seen it in action, but from your description, it sounds like it's pretty good...especially for the price.

I have both G4 and Phoenix, and wouldn't get rid of either of them for anything...they have been so helpful to me, I can't even say...and it's fun to fly online with other people sometimes...I think JPEE and I are going to try to fly online, and have Skype going audio only, so we can chat while we fly on the sim...should be very cool, and fun, if it works...lol

I have heard that theory on the sim, make yourself a piggy bank, and contribute to it every crash...the thinking there being that you will treat the sim time just like real time flying, doing your best not to crash....LOL on the light socket!!

I have my different approaches to my sim sesssions...sometimes I will be very serious, and concentrate hard on every move, especially when I am trying to learn something new, or practicing something that didn't go well in real life flying...

Other times, I just let it all hang out, and just fly balls to the wall...and have FUN!! Crash until my heart's content...LOL

I don't think it makes too much difference either way, as long as you don't constantly consider it a game, and use it constructively to improve your real life flying...but not to the point of being ridiculous about it at the same time...

Have fun with the sim, and the new PC...it's a great thing to have on cold, snowy, rainy, icy nights like this one!

Glenn
Old 01-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys sorry for being back so late I left my house as soon as I was done flying but it went okay I was a little rusty though so I kinda took it easy
Old 01-28-2009, 11:23 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Least you were able to fly today.

Nick
Old 01-28-2009, 11:55 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Sounds good...I can relate about being rusty...lol, last time I was out, I was really rusty...[X(]

Glad you had nice enough weather to fly today...

When do you expect to get your new battery?

Glenn
Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Did you order your 600 parts today?

I guess you didn't have good flying weather today?

It looks like from the forecast, I might have a tiny window of opportunity to fly...LOL...on Sunday, supposed to be like 43 and sunny...so there is some hope..[]

Glenn
Old 01-29-2009, 12:13 AM
Evan T.

I should get the battery on Saturday if they ordered it this morning like they should have
Old 01-29-2009, 12:13 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

We did it. Glenn and I flew on the G4's after first activating Skype, the web cam program. We did not activate the web cams, we just left the sound on so we could talk to each other. You guys are missing out on this. Now you can fly on the G4 and not have to try and type text in at the sametime, it was GREAT!

JPEE
Old 01-29-2009, 12:16 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

That should be cool when you have a second battery...

How did you do with the wind? Did your canopy hold up OK?

JPEE,

Yeah, that was very cool, it worked even better than I imagined it would...very clear, and no typing in a hurry while you are trying to fly...

Glenn
Old 01-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Evan T.

It did okay kinda cracked open when I put it on though. Over all the flight went okay just kinda slow and cold lol
Old 01-29-2009, 12:28 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Cool, sounds like you did good, no crashes at least...for how many flights now? Like close to 60, right?

That's awesome, I know I didn't do that many without at least a little crash or two...

Hope you have some good weather this coming weekend, so you can test out the new pack...

You will most likely notice the difference in weight, and it will tend to be a little nose heavy, and have a little more tendancy to want to fly forewards, not alot, but you'll probably notice it...

You'll adjust to it quickly, and it won't be a problem...but you get longer flight times along with it...so it's worth it...

Glenn
Old 01-29-2009, 12:34 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I ordered the 600 parts last night and they shipped out this morning.

It was 47 degrees, but it was too windy to fly. It would have been perfect for the 600 if I didn't crash it.

Good to hear you are getting better weather this weekend.

Cool to hear you and JPEE got that program to work on G4.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.