Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 02:50 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick, I would really apprciate it if you could draw some pictures up, I wanna charge three of my 3 cell lipos at once, and on my charger you need to connect a deans and the balance plug, I wanna make a rig to charge 3 at once as if it was charging a 3 cell lipo.

I would need a diagram to show what I would need to solder where, I have to put a balance lead on it

also

I'm looking for anyone who has acouple of balance plugs for 3 cell lipo 11.1v batteries, I need to put new balance plugs on mine, but can't find a us seller on ebay, anyone have any extra's they are willing to part with?

if so pm me
Old 01-31-2009, 03:10 PM
JPEE

Just got back from flying. Five packs in the 401-402. One pack in THE 500! OMG I am in love. Just a few needed adjustments but she fly really really stable today. 85 degrees in shade and I was in a field HOT is was and bug too! When I landed I felt the motor and and it was warm. I thermed it and it was 104. ESC COLD. Now my wife knows I have a Mistress for her to compete with. LOL

I'll do my downloads and such and much later this afternoon. Godda go help my buddy with his CX3, he still cannot get it to fly right. I am taking my tools!

JPEE
Old 01-31-2009, 03:37 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Jeff,

Thanks for the head's up on the DX6i bulletin from Spektrum...interesting, neither of mine have the date code label....so it looks like I just do the monitor routine to check the pots for smoothness....

I have never noticed any weird stuff happening so far, but it sure wounldn't hurt to check...I'll get on it!

It' hard to believe that it's going to be 50 tomorrow, since it hasn't gone above freezing yet here...the ground still has solid ice and snow cover...depending on where I can find to fly (everyone will probably be out, enjoying the nice day), it might end up being a muddy mess! Better take some old shoes...lol[X(]

JPEE,

Congrats on the smooth flights, and can't wait to see the vids when you get around to it...now I just have to do the same tomorrow as well...

Been thinking about stealing the AR6100 out of the CX2....lol[X(]...to put in the 500, at least for now, no AR6200 back from Horizon yet...

Nick,

Glad you found a better one way for the 600, sounds like a wise investment, especially since the 600 should auto really well, should you ever need it, or just want to practice some...[X(]

Hope you can get some flying in soon...

Heli,

I wish I could help ya out, but I don't have any balance plugs for 3S packs...sorry.

Hope Nick can get you straightened out on the diagrams, to help ya out...

Glenn
Old 01-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Carljw

Hi Everyone
I am thinking my Dx6i had the problem I hope they ck it while they replace the roller. I noticed my servo monitor was a little flakey. When I did the
calabration in Clearview the bars were twitching without any stick input.

Mabey thats why I cant fly worth a crap LOL . I am thinking I hope mine was bad.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:03 PM
rotarydoc

Carl,

I am pretty sure they will check it out at the same time, at least one would hope so...

I have never had any issues, except the bad roller on the one...that they took care of.

I did have something weird happen ONE time...when I was setting up the Gaui, I had everything very close to where I wanted it, trims, pitch curve, throttle curve, etc. I was almost done.

Then, I picked up the radio to make one more minor adjustment, and everything was completely earased, totally back to base settings, everything except the model name...never did figure that one out...it was fine after I re-did all the settings over again. I am certain I did not hit model reset...who knows, it's been fine ever since.

That could be kinda ugly if it happened mid flight...lol[sm=omg_smile.gif]

Glenn
Old 01-31-2009, 04:04 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Carljw

Hi Everyone
I am thinking my Dx6i had the problem I hope they ck it while they replace the roller. I noticed my servo monitor was a little flakey. When I did the
calabration in Clearview the bars were twitching without any stick input.

Mabey thats why I cant fly worth a crap LOL . I am thinking I hope mine was bad.

Hey..... Ya never know.... It could have made it more challenging to fly if it was possesed....
Old 01-31-2009, 04:19 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

LOL.

I got the canopy off of the CX2....and for some reason I still can't figure out...I am reluctant to pull the AR6100e out of it...LOL[X(]

Maybe because I feel guilty about disabling another heli in my fleet...I already have the CPP that is receiverless...lol, ripped that out to put in the Gaui a quite a while back..

I guess there is just something that bugs me about having disabled helis laying on the shelf...they all need to be working...LOL

I am going to call around for a receiver at one of my LHS...lol

Glenn
Old 01-31-2009, 04:31 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I'am the same way... I have to make sure all the heli's are always all fixed and ready for flight. If one is broke like from a crash, I can't sleep until its fixed...(True Story...LMAO)

~ Jeff

Old 01-31-2009, 05:18 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

I will get on drawing the pictures.

Here are some links to balance connectors. They aren't on Ebay, but I thought I would just list them.

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?si...gid=connectors
http://www.rcaccessory.com/index.asp...TS&Category=57
http://www.grandrc.com/wires__connectors

JPEE,

Cool to hear you had fun flying today.

Glenn,

It is 61 degrees here with no wind, so I will try and fly some today.

Nick
Old 01-31-2009, 05:58 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

I hope this helps. Make sure all the wires are the same length, because the balancing circuit can detect the voltage drop across the wires. And if the wires are different lengths the balancer won't balance the cells properly. That is only for the series hook up and it won't matter on the parallel hook up since it will act like a single cell.

I was just thinking that single cells don't have balance connectors, so you could use female deans to hook up to the battery. Then have the wires coming from the deans hook up like my drawing into the male balance connector.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26241.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1124185  
Old 01-31-2009, 06:26 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, just got back from the LHS with a brand new AR6100...

So, I will be able to fly the 500 tomorrow, providing I can find a place. I have a funny feeling that the 50+ degree weather is going to bring alot of people outside (including me, lol)...so it might be difficult to find a good place to fly...[>:]

I had the choice of a standard AR6100, or the 6100e, with the pins on the end...I went with the standard one, as I think it fits better in most of my helis, that is what I have in the Gaui, and it works well in the CPP, and fits fine, just like the AR6200 does, on the 500's tray..

Still trying to figure out why the standard one is $10 more...[sm=confused.gif]

It says something about being ulra light, but I wouldn't think there is much difference?

I dunno, I just bought the thing...lol...and spared the dissection of the CX2...[X(]

Now, when my AR6200 comes back from Horizon, I can put this AR6100 in the CPP, and yes, Jeff, sleep better...LOL

Glenn
Old 01-31-2009, 06:30 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

thanks so much for making those photos, I appreciate it. I was getting confused with the female balance connectors, but like you said they would be the deans that would connect to the batteries. So I would be soldering the wires coming off the female deans onto the the wires coming off the balance connector and just soldering the postive and negative two wires onto the end deans that would be connecting to the charger. Am I missing something or is that right?
Old 01-31-2009, 07:13 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Have fun with the 500 tomorrow.

I had fun flying the 450 3 times today and the Ember twice. My first Outrage at 71 flights and my FP at 122 flights are starting to seem like they are tired. Now only my Second Outrage and my Align batteries have power to them. It will be interesting to see how long the A123 batteries have power in the 600 compared to my LiPo's in the 450.

I got to practice my inverted orientations with the 450 a lot today. I am getting better at rotating CW and CCW inverted to the left of me and in front of me. I still need to work on the right side of me. But this is what I did upright and it seemed to help my flying out a lot, so I thought I should do the same thing inverted.

Helistyle,

Your welcome. That sounds right to me.

Nick
Old 01-31-2009, 07:23 PM
J-MICHAEL

I got to practice my inverted orientations with the 450 a lot today. I am getting better at rotating CW and CCW inverted to the left of me and in front of me. I still need to work on the right side of me. But this is what I did upright and it seemed to help my flying out a lot, so I thought I should do the same thing inverted.

Nick ~

What maneuver do you find easier for you to get the heli in the inverted position ? I was curious.....

~ Jeff
Old 01-31-2009, 07:35 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sorry to hear that your packs are starting to go flat...but the 122 flights isn't too bad, I think I read somewhere that the expected life expectancy was around 100 cycles for a LiPo pack..but I have also read some guys have gotten more than that too...

Wow, you are really doing well, glad to hear that all your practice and flights are paying off for you now...I can't imagine doing that in RL, I'm barely learning inverted moves on the sim...

I would imagine the A123's would prove to be more durable in the long run, in my opinion...LiPo's are just kinda fragile...

Glenn
Old 01-31-2009, 07:36 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

The easiest move for me to go inverted is to flip right with the aileron or do a piro flip going CCW. I don't feel comfortable flipping too much with the elevator or left aileron. I feel it is more important for me to practice orientations, than to practice flipping the other ways like elevator or left aileron. I have been practicing a lot on G4 with those other flips and doing all of that in different orientations. But I have a long ways to go still in real life.

Nick
Old 01-31-2009, 07:46 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It seems like when I put my new Outrage battery in the heli comes to life and when I put the other two packs in the headspeed seems like half of my good battery. I can still practice with the old batteries, so they will still last for awhile. But once my flying skills get better it might be hard to do power hungry moves. Soon when all of my batteries are shot I am going to convert the 450 over to A123's.

Yeah my A123's are supposed to be good for a 1000 cycles. And I am a little paranoid of my LiPo's unlike my A123's. A few days ago I saw a thread on RCGroups where a garage burned down because of a LiPo. And that reminded me of what these batteries can do and the A123's will only smoke and never start on fire if something bad happens to them.

Nick
Old 01-31-2009, 08:04 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, LiPo's scare me too...[X(]

I was talking to a guy at my closed down LHS that was pretty big into helis... and he told me a similar story, some guy was charging a LiPo for his plane, and left the garage for a few minutes, and by the time he got back, it was too late, burned to the ground.

He lost the garage, which was covered by insurance, but his collection of airplanes, valued at over $10,000 was NOT covered by insurance...

I hate to think about such things...I try to be very careful about watching them while they charge, but I don't take all the precautions, like charging them in a LiPo bag...which I should be doing...

Another thing I won't ever do again, is leave the house with the dryer running...almost burned the house down that way a while back...got back just in time, smoke, and the clothes were smoldering in the dryer...it was a combination of a hi-limit switch failure, and and an overtemp swith failure combination, the elements never shut off....scary stuff...

Glenn
Old 01-31-2009, 08:10 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

The easiest move for me to go inverted is to flip right with the aileron or do a piro flip going CCW. I don't feel comfortable flipping too much with the elevator or left aileron. I feel it is more important for me to practice orientations, than to practice flipping the other ways like elevator or left aileron. I have been practicing a lot on G4 with those other flips and doing all of that in different orientations. But I have a long ways to go still in real life.

Nick

Thanks Nick.... I just wanted to know from your experience what you found easier. Maybe I should slowly start practicing on that Aileron flip... I've been only practicing since I've been home just basic forward flight, and nose-ins. I think I can slowly start working in another maneuver, since in time if I can master the flip, then I can start practicing the inverted stuff. I can't even see myself going inverted with my heli's for a long, long, time. LOL... But I also thought 6 months ago, It would take me a couple years to fly some FFF in the sky, and I'am there now. Still in shock I think... Serious...LMAO... It simply amazes me you can do all the moves that you do now. I wish I lived by you, because I could watch you for hours and get the same adrenaline rush as if I was flying. I wish you would post more videos, but I know its a pain for ya trying to get someone to video for ya. But it always inspires me watching them, because we've seen you progress to where you are at today... You lucky dog...

But once my flying skills get better it might be hard to do power hungry moves.
So for power hungry moves would a guy want to drop his pinion reducing his headspeed, but would it then gain more torque and pull, or would he go with a bigger pinion for a faster headspeed ? I'am still confused, and that's why I'am trying out different pinions with the 500 and 450... Right now for the last week or so, I dropped them both down in pinion size, but can't tell if there is more torque or not, but I certainly can tell the headspeed is slower, as during punchouts as you seen in the last few vids there not as spunky with aggression. It took me forevor to master my RC-Cars pinions and spur gears, and finding the sweet spot in the ratio's for whatever driving I was doing and such..

On the 500 like JPEE, my ESC is literally cold whether I had the 16t or the 15t pinion on there. Even with high timing there is no diff... My motor is warm with both, and my batts are just an average warm temp....

~ Jeff
Old 01-31-2009, 08:11 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Wow I would hate to loose $10,000 worth of aircraft. I wonder if AMA would help compensate anything like that. I think they will pay up to a $1000 for any stolen aircraft, so they might have something similar for a fire.

Nick
Old 01-31-2009, 08:15 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Good point, I don't know how that would work...

I would just hate to see the garage or house burn down...I could live without the aircraft...but I know what you are saying as well....it would suck either way...just not a good thing!

Glenn
Old 01-31-2009, 08:15 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick,

Yeah, LiPo's scare me too...
Now ya know how I feel when I'am getting ready to go flying and got 4 5-cell 3300 mah TP lipo's stuffed in my pockets of my Carharts, with a few 3-cell's for the 450 crammed there also...LMAO... Great pocket warmers though after ya stuff one in the ol' pocket from just getting done flying. [8D] Oh.... Gotta go up one more notch on the belt buckle, to keep yer drawers on... I think it would be challenging while your flying to try and pull up your pants while holding the TX...

~ Jeff
Old 01-31-2009, 08:42 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I do the aileron flip tail in, so the heli is tail in while inverted. I thought that tail in inverted isn't that hard compared to tail in upright, so I stuck with it. I can easily move the heli around my yard inverted tail in, but I still have a hard time doing the same thing in the other three orientations.

Right now I can't really do anything more than I could in my videos I already have. All I am doing is practicing inverted hovering. I used to practice a lot flips with the Gaui, but since it is broken I haven't flown it in awhile. It seems like once I mastered all upright orientations, could move around the yard in those orientations, and could transition to each one going CW and CCW it made the moves I can do now very easy. I learned most of them in 3 days. That is why I am practicing so hard on my inverted orientations.

Once it is warm out I will try and get some videos of me at my flying field.

Our Heli motors aren't designed for as much torque as the airplane motors have. To increase torque you would need more magnets and stronger magnetic fields. When you decrease the number of winds like heli motors do, the torque goes down and the speed goes up. So the only way you could do it is to increase the current and make a stronger magnetic field. So if you had a way to see how much current you are pulling with each pinion you could estimate how much torque you have. I would say a high headspeed is what you would want for a heli to do power hungry moves.

Nick
Old 01-31-2009, 08:51 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Once you eventually fly the 600 I would be interested to see how long it takes(if ever) for your one way bearing to lock up. Finless says his has never locked up, but he does an auto after every flight. So he was wondering if that helped it. I was just flying really slow around my yard with it and had only two hard flights on it. I just ordered the one way bearing from LukeRC that is supposed to be unlockable, so I will see how that goes.

Nick
Old 01-31-2009, 08:53 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Ok thanks.... You always give the most clear explanations. I think I may bump up my pinion sizes back higher the way I had them then. Very interesting on your inverted descriptions... Maybe its not as bad as I'am thinking. I've heard from one guy that inverted isn't to bad, its just getting there is the hard part. That's why I was curious how you got inverted.

Talk with ya later,

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.