Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Raketemensch

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Dirby, how well oiled is your filter and its outer cover?

I finally got out to the track today. I'd switched out the Ofna radio and was using a JR XR2i.

So, I fire it up, and with the throttle in neutral position, the thing was at like full throttle. So I fiddle around, back it off, and everything seems ok. So I go to start it up again to head out to the track (after buying some motor spray and dropping in a new glow plug) and the starter spins like mad, but doesn't turn the shaft.

So I bring it inside, and it turns out that the one-way bearing wasn't grabbing. So the very nice guy behind the counter took the engine off for me, pulled the backplate, fixed the bearing, remounted everything, re-routed the fuel lines, and I was back to the track. Rather than completely mess with the throttle servo, I just backed it off with the trim, and ran 3 laps, at which point the re-routed fuel tubing got caught in the spur gear and ripped in half.

So, I got new fuel line, set everything up, and decided to fix the idling issue. OK, turn the screw, start the motor, needs more. Turn screw, start motor, same thing. Turn screw, start motor, and... One way bearing is borked AGAIN.

This is a much abbreviated description of the day. After THREE HOURS I still couldn't run. I had to rip the motor off AGAIN just to fix the bearing, and I doubt that the fix will last this time either. So what do I do? I throw everything back in my bag before I start purposely breaking stuff out of frustration, and leave.

SO annoying. Once my head cleared, I realized I'll have to set the idle properly on the motor before the "neutral" on the throttle arm gets set for the new radio. But that one-way bearing thing is killing me.

- Raketemensch
Old 07-03-2006, 02:51 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Raketemensch

Dirby, how well oiled is your filter and its outer cover?

I finally got out to the track today. I'd switched out the Ofna radio and was using a JR XR2i.

So, I fire it up, and with the throttle in neutral position, the thing was at like full throttle. So I fiddle around, back it off, and everything seems ok. So I go to start it up again to head out to the track (after buying some motor spray and dropping in a new glow plug) and the starter spins like mad, but doesn't turn the shaft.

So I bring it inside, and it turns out that the one-way bearing wasn't grabbing. So the very nice guy behind the counter took the engine off for me, pulled the backplate, fixed the bearing, remounted everything, re-routed the fuel lines, and I was back to the track. Rather than completely mess with the throttle servo, I just backed it off with the trim, and ran 3 laps, at which point the re-routed fuel tubing got caught in the spur gear and ripped in half.

So, I got new fuel line, set everything up, and decided to fix the idling issue. OK, turn the screw, start the motor, needs more. Turn screw, start motor, same thing. Turn screw, start motor, and... One way bearing is borked AGAIN.

This is a much abbreviated description of the day. After THREE HOURS I still couldn't run. I had to rip the motor off AGAIN just to fix the bearing, and I doubt that the fix will last this time either. So what do I do? I throw everything back in my bag before I start purposely breaking stuff out of frustration, and leave.

SO annoying. Once my head cleared, I realized I'll have to set the idle properly on the motor before the "neutral" on the throttle arm gets set for the new radio. But that one-way bearing thing is killing me.

- Raketemensch
What brand of fuel are you running?? Some fuels like blue thunder or traxxas top fuel have high oil contents which on one hand is a good thing for engine life but if you happen to have your needles rich ontop of the high oil content in the fuel you will end up with slipping one ways.

What track did you end up at?
Old 07-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Raketemensch

I went to Wolcott, it was the shortest trip, but noone seems to be on the highways today anyway.

Since I got home I've readjusted the throttle and brake linkages, and I'm re-tuning everything. It seems to be working OK, even the rotostart is working.

I'm definitely running it a bit rich, I figure for another 2 or 3 tanks, at which point I should hit 1/2 a gallon and I'll start leaning it out a bit.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Dirby

the outer filter and filter cover are well oiled .
i sprayedm them down in a small plastic bag than rubed them all around and squesed the exess out so there was plenty of oil in both of them.
you may have to get a new one way berring.
i use a bump start for my jammin.
got rid of the roto start or pull start.
the bump start works great once you find the right spot to hit the flywheel on the starter box wheel.
best there is.
Dorby
Old 07-04-2006, 04:05 PM
gavx1crtpro

Help, i was wondering what make and model steering servo people can recommend for my crt pro i have currently broken two bluebird servos in about 6 weeks, are the bluebirds any good if not what make and models can you suggest
Old 07-04-2006, 06:00 PM
claudacio

Its all about how much money you want to spend. I put an airtronics 94357 for throttle/brake, and a airtronics 94358 for steering. Those were $100 each plus shipping, but they are worth every penny IMO.

Figure out what your budget is and I'm sure we will be able to help you a little better.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:38 PM
savvypro

how fast does it go? the jammin crt trt
Old 07-09-2006, 10:48 PM
evage

I run JR 125mg in steering.Hitec 645mg throttle & brake,cheap but imo works great.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:18 AM
Raketemensch

ORIGINAL: savvypro

how fast does it go? the jammin crt trt
The RTR will break 40 easily. It cooks.

This weekend was nuts, we performed all of the voices of a cartoon in front of an audience Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and all last week was caught up in rehearsals for that and rehearsals with my band for a gig on the 29th, and then Tuesday night is another band rehearsal, and then Wednesday night is running around and dropping off the dog before Thursday, when we fly to Disney. :]

MAN I want to get to the track. Going a little nuts here....

- Raketemensch
Old 07-10-2006, 07:17 PM
claudacio

I had this engine hanging around for awile without a good home. I decided to try it out in my CRT and its absolutely insane. I cant see trying to race this thing with the XR, but it sure is fun, LOL.

Any of the CT guy's going to the BBQ-bash up at wolcott on sunday???
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62703.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	489805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32991.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	489806  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Raketemensch

Ah, yeah, just had a NovaRossi sittin' around. I hate when that happens.

I'm gonna be in Disney World this Sunday, or I'd go. Let us know how it goes...

- Raketemensch
Old 07-11-2006, 12:48 AM
Dirby

i gota rex 528 in my crt.
i think it needs a bit more power though.
any suggestions?
Dirby
Old 07-11-2006, 04:07 PM
claudacio

The reason I had it sitting around was I had originally had it in my LST2 and one day while I was trying some some different spur gears out, I had neglected to loctite the screw that holds the clutchbell on. The screw came out and went through my spur and pinions on the LST causing major damage to the transmission's top shaft and to the very end of the crankshaft of the novarossi. So instead of buying a $100+ crankshaft I bought a $10 SG clutchnut and chopped the rest of the nova's crankshaft off and was able to use it like that. But it wouldnt fit in my LST2 like that and I couldnt really sell it even though it has only a little more than a gallon of fuel through it. So it has itself a temporary home in my CRT for this weekends bash, or actually until I get a new pipe to put with my vspec. The pressure nippe on the OS 2060 pipe I had for it is threaded, (man I have some bad luck) and I had to take it out and reseal it as I had an airleak. I had taken it out at least 10 times without an issue, except this time I was holding the pipe the wrong way and the pressure nipple fell into the second chamber of the pipe and I cant get it out no matter what I do. So its effectively useless.

Any vspec pipe recommendations? I was thinking of going with a JP-1. I cant afford another 2060 although I really wish I could because that pipe was awesome.

Dirby, either you're kidding or theres something wrong. Are you serious? LOL
Old 07-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Dirby

like bryan vail said one day.
MORE POWER
Dirby.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:38 PM
claudacio

ORIGINAL: Dirby

like bryan vail said one day.
MORE POWER
Dirby.

What pipe are you running on it?? I cant see needing more bottom end out of this engine, but my modded vspec pulls longer and definitely has a higher top speed. When you nail the throttle on mine its completely tapped screaming at max RPM within 20 or 30 feet, and i have a top 2006 pipe which is more of a topend pipe if non of the inserts are added. I'm dying to get this thing out on the track.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:54 AM
Desert Racer
My Feedback: (5)

HAve you guys ran DACE 23mm adaptors on your CRT's? If so do you break alot of stub axels? Thnaks.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:45 AM
plecofish

few modz, few pics

Old 07-24-2006, 04:56 AM
plecofish

Race in Bologna....... and the winner is?????? me..LOL I love those days....

that's my CRT

Old 07-24-2006, 09:30 AM
Raketemensch

ORIGINAL: plecofish

few modz, few pics
Gotta love those tiny little Spektrum antennas. Pretty trick how that air cleaner attaches to the chassis brace.

- Raketemensch
Old 07-24-2006, 01:31 PM
ProRCRacer88

Plecofish, I have always been curious about how those air filters work, is it a difference in performance or somthin?
You guys really have some nice truggies, cant wait to get me one
Old 07-24-2006, 05:20 PM
plecofish

thanks guys,

Fioroni filter is big..... not easy to find a place under a buggy hood, LOL, better for a truggy.

It has 2 kind of foams: the black one for normal operations, and the white one with high density foam

It is not cheaper, but It worth...... You feel Your engine breath....... and it give a great protection to the engine....

My P7 screams with that stuff, LOL.... and I am happy....
Old 07-24-2006, 10:01 PM
savvy-racer

do you guys know where i can get some aluminum chassic braces for my jammin cause my stock one broke. thanks
Old 07-25-2006, 01:58 AM
Dnell

Hope these help.

[link=http://www.kingheadz.com/]Kingheadz[/link]

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/24_151/sort/2a/page/1]Amain[/link] and check out the Fioroni parts available
Old 07-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Bill Plude

I can't believe I never saw this thread here. Disco or canuck should have told me. And 2 guys that know where Madness is too Guess I got some reading to do.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:49 PM

Anybody here read the new issue of RCCA? Jammin won truck of the year! i dont think it should be a surprise to anyone though. IMO just thought i'd share a bit of "news" with you guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.